Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Holy fuck, I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this game now just because of this:

qy3wvimgur.png

damn that MP vid looked epic! i still havent pre ordered, told my self id wait because im already $300 down this holiday season.....but screw it, im making my pre order. i really like these 2 tags
picture.php

picture.php

There won't be any reviews of the game until the day of or the days after the game is released. DICE is releasing a day 1 patch and they don't won't reviewers judging the game until after it has been installed. The patch is going to include all the beta fixes and changes they made.

fuck.

Because of the beta, 2 of my friends are not getting this anymore.

I'm still excited for Tuesday. Hopefully I can talk it up to them.

[quote name='seanr1221']fuck.

I'm still excited for Tuesday. Hopefully I can talk it up to them.[/QUOTE]

Friends don't let friends BETA and decide.

I wish I was excited for this game. I used to go crazy waiting for a battlefield or call of duty game to come out.. but now I have no interest at all. :(

[quote name='seanr1221']fuck.

I'm still excited for Tuesday. Hopefully I can talk it up to them.[/QUOTE]

so after playing a real BETA, they decided to not get it? is it because of all the bugs or just didn't like the game?

"So we're all getting BF3 Tuesday, right?"

"That demo fucking sucked, I'm not wasting my money on it."

"Yeah, I'm just getting MW3."

One other friend is still on board. Hopefully I can talk the other two into it once the final product comes out.

I fully understand the Beta was just that and obviously an old release of the code since it had to go through cert. I'm still getting the game but I know a few I play with have decided against it.

[quote name='seanr1221']"So we're all getting BF3 Tuesday, right?"

"That demo fucking sucked, I'm not wasting my money on it."

"Yeah, I'm just getting MW3."

One other friend is still on board. Hopefully I can talk the other two into it once the final product comes out.[/QUOTE]

You might want to correct your friend and inform him that there never was a demo for BF3.

You may also want to show him the articles on kotaku and joystiq where the editors played a much later version of the game and that it was night and day.

The BETA was from like July.

I'm in the same boat as Sean, my real life gaming friends are either not into shooters or complete CoD whores and are waiting while using these 2 weeks to sharpen back up on MW2. The only one still excited for it is getting it on PC and my friend at work is getting it on PS3 maybe. So it's me and a million strangers on XBL I suppose. Better map and vehicles coulda hooked in alot more BF players.

I personally am pumped and will be attending a midnight release on my way home from work.

For those who haven't seen, a $20 credit was added to this game for a preorder on amazon. Will I still get the credit if I ordered before the credit was added?

[quote name='thrustbucket']You might want to correct your friend and inform him that there never was a demo for BF3.

You may also want to show him the articles on kotaku and joystiq where the editors played a much later version of the game and that it was night and day.

The BETA was from like July.[/QUOTE]

That logic works for people like us that follow gaming news, but they wouldn't bother to read it. The only thing that will convince them is word of mouth after the game comes out and maybe some raw review scores. It just sucks we had all been talking about alternating nights between this and MW3 and now it's going to be a MW3 everynight thing.

[quote name='matto1233']For those who haven't seen, a $20 credit was added to this game for a preorder on amazon. Will I still get the credit if I ordered before the credit was added?[/QUOTE]

Yes

and this little amazon promotion made me bite. before this $20 credit i was like ehhh i'll wait, but now i'll use that extra 20 on saints 3.

[quote name='sublime90']Yes

and this little amazon promotion made me bite. before this $20 credit i was like ehhh i'll wait, but now i'll use that extra 20 on saints 3.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan. ;)

I have the same exact situation like a few of you. A handful of my buddies were going to get this game after watching the trailers of in-game footage, but then they tried the beta and shortly after the mission was compromised. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed too, but I knew this wasn't the final product.

Anyways, I guess they'll be sticking to MW3 exclusively now. Don't get me wrong, I love the Modern Warfare series (CoD 4 was the best), but playing a Battlefield game with randoms just ruins the experience. I'll probably pick it up though regardless.

My friends loved the beta even though they never played any previous installments. One liked the sniping.
I fell in love the moment I touched the mouse plying BF 1942 at school with teachers n friends.
But yea, they're still gettin mw3. -_-
I'll prbly pick it up in jan or feb for $30 or less.
My gf isnt gonna get it cause she only likes Treyarch's zombies and her BLOPS copy has a crack, so she has to buy a copy.

I reordered my copy through Amazon once I saw about the $20 credit, but I'm considering canceling it since I can't play on XBL for a couple of weeks.

game looks butt ass ugly without the HD textures lol. guys we are 2 days away from embarking on an amazing journey know as battlefield 3.

heres what my month has looked like so far. beat gears3, a week later batman, a week later BF3, a week later Uncharted 3, 2 weeks later saints 3

I'll answer my own questions.

The install size for the high res deal is 1.5G Total size for everything is a little over 15g

Game looks terrible without HD texture pack..

I am hoping some store will have a trade in deal when this game is out. I just brought Forza 4; I love the game but I feel i'll get more gaming out of BF3 right now so hopefully I can trade then just get Forza again when cheaper down the line.

[quote name='seanr1221']Game is killing it in reviews (for the PC version).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's mainly for the multiplayer. It seems like the single/co-op is not that impressive. But, that's fine because we all know why we want to play it. :cool:

Well hopefully I'll have it on Thursday or Friday even though I took free shipping from Amazon. I seem to have pretty good luck with them.
Maybe I'll finally make the last push on BioShock 2 and finish that before BF3 arrives...

[quote name='saunderscowie']Game looks terrible without HD texture pack..

I am hoping some store will have a trade in deal when this game is out. I just brought Forza 4; I love the game but I feel i'll get more gaming out of BF3 right now so hopefully I can trade then just get Forza again when cheaper down the line.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy might still have the bonus 50% on trade in if you preorder BF3 from them.

Gamestop texted me last night, they are offering 30% extra trade in credit if you order BF3 before 10pm tonight.

1.5gb install

Good to hear.

My BiL dropped CoD because he really enjoyed the BF3 Beta, but the two DVDs and unknown install size for the HD pack had him thinking about going back.
(has a 20gb HDD)

[quote name='nasum']Well hopefully I'll have it on Thursday or Friday even though I took free shipping from Amazon. I seem to have pretty good luck with them.
Maybe I'll finally make the last push on BioShock 2 and finish that before BF3 arrives...[/QUOTE]

You know Amazon has $1 release day delivery, right? I know it doesn't apply to everywhere, but I just hope you knew about it. :)

I'll be getting it tomorrow evening myself. Looking forward to it. Apparently I have to clean up my 60gb a little more, though. The install is going to take a while... I imagine at least the SP and MP are separate installs since they are separate discs, anyway.

Is gonna be sweet. I especially like all the BF2 weapons making a return. I wonder when they'll be available. So many guns!

[quote name='Necrozilla']Wow, they just had to post a screen with a spoiler in it.[/QUOTE]

What is spoiled by a screenshot of a guy with a gun in your face? That this game has guns in it?

[quote name='hustletron']What is spoiled by a screenshot of a guy with a gun in your face? That this game has guns in it?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he's one of your teammates and betrays you.

bread's done
Back