Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Anyone that is up for squad play (using teamwork and such) feel free to shoot me a FR. I play randomly in spurts but the majority of my play time is at night after 10pm Central normally.

It's been nice playing with some CAG's this week. There is nothing wrong with putting 40-50 mines down for protection. I think it might cut down on the tank whores and get them onto the battlefield on foot where the real action is. I don't put down any mines but I may be one of those helpful teammates who just keep handing out ammo/mines. :lol:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I still love the game MP on here, I dont have really any criticisms that dont involve people not playing as a team. I dont really rage if I dont get the kill because the game will give you the points based on how much damaged you did so I dont understand the problem.

I think they handled most of the game right and the rest is just personal issues that everyone has with every game.

Now that I have played COD....uhhh, yeah looks like I am staying here for a while.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much spot on dude, I played the hell out of MW2 and have been playing BF since MC on the PS2. MW3 MP is just shit, played it for like 20 mins, just going to play the story mode and thats it.

Anyways, the M320 GL, is very good. I can't wait till they buff the UMP, they hurt it big time from the beta.

It's been nice playing with some CAG's this week. There is nothing wrong with putting 40-50 mines down for protection. I think it might cut down on the tank whores and get them onto the battlefield on foot where the real action is. I don't put down any mines but I may be one of those helpful teammates who just keep handing out ammo/mines. :lol:

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']It's been nice playing with some CAG's this week. There is nothing wrong with putting 40-50 mines down for protection. I think it might cut down on the tank whores and get them onto the battlefield on foot where the real action is. I don't put down any mines but I may be one of those helpful teammates who just keep handing out ammo/mines. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The thing about it is that Tank drives are plum dumb most of the time. You have infinite amount of shells, did it never cross your mind to just at where you are going? Its not that hard.

I saw someone's earlier note that "this game is a step down from BC2". I understand that someone may like BC2 more but there's no way BF3 is a step down. To me, BC and BC2 were too similar, it was like the same guns in both with different maps. BF3 is going back to its pc roots of being Battlefield (getting rid of Bad Company). BF3 is closer to BF2 on pc many years ago than BC2 and I think that's a great thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Free dr pepper.com code
S09YEB PF413N[/QUOTE]
Redeemed! Thanks Zoidberg! By the way this game is the bee-knees and I watched my roommate play a couple rounds of CoD this evening and it looked like ass. BF3 all the way! :applause:

[quote name='slickkill77']:whistle2:s

MBT = MAIN BATTLE TANK.

...the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I think hes confusing the mbt with the amtrac(spelling?). The amtrac is a beast in capable hands. It has the best armor and can take out a tank if the gunner isn't skiddish and bails out as soon as someone sneezes in their direction.

As for the mines, on flat surfaces they stick out so they can be spotted by the naked eye. Also, if you have thermal optics available they light up very bright. Another thing to do is to stay off the beaten path and take the long way to the objective.

Bought MW3 at launch and just can't seem to get into it. I don't know whether or not BF3 has spoiled me but there is just absolutely no team communication and it drives me nuts. Plus I know this is typical COD but the maps are tiny! I always get juried from behind and it's pretty frustrating. No big deal though, BF3 is more than enough to fill my multiplayer appetite. Getting pretty good at it too.

I am awful with the choppers and planes, but thanks to a wonderfully skilled attack chopper pilot, I was able to finally get an air warfare ribbon as the gunner, the last one I needed for the "Decorated" achievement.

I had some really bad games last night. I know I'm not great at shooting that's why I throw down med kits and do revives when I can. However, I had a team last night they were so bad and the other team just kept on camping in chokepoints. It was crazy.

Yeah. As much as I love this series, it's like any other competitive shooter: you get a lot of good players against a lot of bad players, and things will get ugly really quickly.

To prove that one person cannot carry a team, I submit to you my Rush game earlier. I went about 40/25 (give or take) as an Attacker. I took out 2-3 tanks and a jeep with naught but C4 and a dream, and secured 3-4 MCOMs. I had to literally drive a tank to an MCOM, park it, and blow away every enemy that got close so our team could take it. Even with all of this babysitting and hand-holding with my team, we still lose at the last MCOM.

Mannnnn.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am awful with the choppers and planes, but thanks to a wonderfully skilled attack chopper pilot, I was able to finally get an air warfare ribbon as the gunner, the last one I needed for the "Decorated" achievement.[/QUOTE]

Was it at caspian border on rush?? Because I piloted a chopper from start to finish without crashing, and there was this one gunner who was by my side the entire time! I flew high and low and dropped players all over the enemy base :D

Your post was made around 8:30pm and I was playing at caspian around that time

And to AverageJoe. I know that feeling. You're mvp because youre doing what you're supposed to do, but yet you lost the round and you feel that your teammates didn't do shyt

Can someone explain the ranking system after level 45? I got killed last night for the first time ever (kidding) and the dude was a level 45 with a "3" to the right of the rank. Veteran status was in the top left corner if I'm not mistaken. Obviously there is no prestige - but do you still rank up after 45?

BF is an exception from what I've read.

I finally unlocked the MAV last night (used solely the shotgun and ump in the recon class to do it) and thought it was actually pretty beneficial. I only used it once on Tehran Highway on CQ to get the ribbon, but right at the start of the match I flew to B and spotted all the enemies coming down the road towards B so our team could mop them up. I think it's probably worthless on Kharg Island, etc. but could see it being used at certain times.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Can someone explain the ranking system after level 45? I got killed last night for the first time ever (kidding) and the dude was a level 45 with a "3" to the right of the rank. Veteran status was in the top left corner if I'm not mistaken. Obviously there is no prestige - but do you still rank up after 45?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']45 levels, then you can get up to 100 in stars. For eample, rank 45, star 25.[/QUOTE]

What fatmanforlife said but here is more details on that.

from the Battlefield Blog - Battleblog #5
Service Stars challenge the hardcore
Even getting your first Service Star would be a major achievement. But keep playing, and you will be eligible for even further promotion by getting Service Stars added to your weapon skill badge, your vehicle, your kit, and your overall rank. Anytime your kill card is displayed, everyone will see exactly how experienced you are with your current equipment. The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles. Getting there will be a massive task – consider that a challenge! :)

IGN has a Battlefield 3 - Ranks page you can see (link).

Also, I still have 1 unused Dr.Pepper code leftover from the ones Stimes was so gracious in providing me :) PM me if interested.

EDIT: Code gone.

is it any better now that mw3 has come out? Seemed like there were a lot of noobs who didn't know how to revive, heal, capture objectives etc. Haven't played since mw3 came out haha

i was playing today and then i saw a squad of [CAG] on my side. One of them was aaron4president or something? i tried to join the squad, but it was full. =(

I have a Physical Warfare Pack code from GameStop preorder. Looking to trade for the Amazon dog tags. PM if interested.
Edit: traded, thanks

After playing both BF3 and MW3 I have to say that Bf3 wins in my book hands down, they both have their own places in the FPS genre and both have their own share of utter bullshit but BF3 is more fun brings more to the table in my opinion.

I have an extra amazon dogtag code if anyone's interested in trading for like a SPECACT code or something, no physical warfare thanks.

I also have a couple of Amazon dog tag codes if anyone would like to trade. It would be neat to get back a Specact and a Physical Warfare code of them. Either one is fine with me.

Finished unlocking all of the gadgets for the jet! Beam scanning and guided missile combination is deadly!

Also the fire extinguisher is the awesome. Some dude on the ground thiught I was hacking because his missile hit me twice but I didn't lose control since I was able to extinguish the fire on my engine haha.

I leaarned how to dodge missiles without flares. Takes some practice but you'll get a feel for it eventually. When youre being chased by a missile, let it get close to you. When you think that its near your tail, press RT to slow down and make a tight turn and face the missile. Since missiles don't slow down, they will miss your jet when it turns around. You can actually see it go past you if you do that. i love jets! :D i honestly dont know how the bases look like in caspian, kharg and firestorm because i rarely play as infantry on those maps... but i think ill do that now since im done unlocking everything for the jet

anyone good at the co-op missions? i can't fly, and randoms can't fly.

mini-review/comments on co-op: so frustrating, like the campaign missions. i played through all of the campaign, and the one thing i didnt like was how i didnt know how to pass an area unless i died several times to see what was going to happen. it's like you have to be psychic. i get that you can't expect to pass everything on the first go, but it's so stupid to not know where a sniper is, and have to die multiple times to figure it out.

it feels like you also need to be psychic in the first coop two missions. i also hate defending objectives. i hate those jeeps and the fireteams.

the only plus is you get to keep the points youve earned even if you fail.

I'd like to finally finish the last co-op missions myself. I have to agree that some of them are pretty darn frustrating and I got the similar negative feelings I experienced with the campaign. At least someone else is there to share the misery! The level-specific achievements just seem so out of reach as well. It's tough to leave the stellar multiplayer for this.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they were just quick and smooth but I'm running into a serious jam with Drop 'em Like Liquid. I must have played that online with randoms a dozen times on Easy, no less, without a chance at getting past the bus hostage part. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me get through this once and for and possibly trying for some of the other level-specific achievements feel free to send me a request. I can't do voice chat right now, which could be some of the trouble with this level, but if you want to try to tackle it anyway let me know.

[quote name='wowimsocute']i'd be willing to team up for co-op. i'd play any mission, but first i need to unlock them by beating that darn heli level.[/QUOTE]

Happy to help, especially if we can go for the achievement of not using the fire extinguisher. I guess I got lucky to have a decent pilot and happened to beat that one on my second try on easy. I guess he must have used the extinguisher, which is basically like a repair.

I'm ready to give up on Drop 'em Like Liquid. I got past the bus part, which isn't easy when you get a clueless partner that just lays into the enemies when they're on the move rather than when they stand still as easy targets. We made it all the way to what I assume was the end of the level until one of the enemies got away and killed the hostages. It was just so disheartening. You have such a small margin for error in that level, despite the fact that you never die.

I did unlock the KH assault weapon with co-op last night, which I'm looking forward to trying out. The Battlelog description says it's a replacement for the G3, which was the second-most powerful rifle in BC2.

Phew! So I did finish the last 2 misions as I got decent partners for a change. I would still like to get work on some of the more manageable mission-specific achievements once in a while between multiplayer if others need to complete these levels.

Little late to the party as far as flying helicopters goes, but I'm getting pretty good at it. I've come from being that idiot who crashes it almost immediately to being able to hold my own against most other air assault vechicles. Just unlocked stealth mode and have been practicing using my heat seekers.

I have been having some issues with getting shot down though. When should I fire my flares? A few seconds after "lock on" appears or once I hear the high pitched beep get faster?

Any tips on shooting down jets/helicopters with lock-on missiles? It's just a cycle of shoot, they flare right before the missile hits, shoot in hopes that the flares won't be ready, they flare right before the missile hits, rinse and repeat. I've gotten lucky a couple times, but shit.

I'm now starting to see that people are grabbing Engineers in their helicopters and repairing as they fly around, which makes shooting them down nearly impossible. At least it is when I seem to be the only one trying. :/

Regardless, I fucking love this game. So much fun with buddies.

I run into the same issues with the repeating cycle of shooting and flares but try and hold off on firing after you get a lock, hang onto your missile lock for a bit and most people will prematurely flare, get another lock and you'll get the hit.

[quote name='hustletron']I run into the same issues with the repeating cycle of shooting and flares but try and hold off on firing after you get a lock, hang onto your missile lock for a bit and most people will prematurely flare, get another lock and you'll get the hit.[/QUOTE]

Yea this is pretty much your only option. I've been using this method and it's worked the best so far. As far as repairing goes, your pretty much SOL unless you get some heavy fire on him.

A few fixes I do think should be made at the next patch:

1. If your in a squad with some friends, under no circumstances should you be put on separate teams. This is by far the most annoying and most lazy part of the game.

2. You should not be allowed to shoot mortars while in your spawn. I've had multiple games where some pussy sits back in his spawn and shoots off an endless rain of mortars on a flag point. Also it should be limited in ammo like mines and C4.

3. I would like to be able to leave a game during intermission so I don't physically have to click "quit".

4. Last minute class changes should be allowed during the 35sec intermission as well as the long ass load for the actual maps. Liken in COD.

The whole ammo mortar thing is redundant though, as they can just sit on an ammo pack and refill/shoot new mortars.

[quote name='Nealocus123']
1. If your in a squad with some friends, under no circumstances should you be put on separate teams. This is by far the most annoying and most lazy part of the game.

2. You should not be allowed to shoot mortars while in your spawn. I've had multiple games where some pussy sits back in his spawn and shoots off an endless rain of mortars on a flag point. Also it should be limited in ammo like mines and C4.

3. I would like to be able to leave a game during intermission so I don't physically have to click "quit".

4. Last minute class changes should be allowed during the 35sec intermission as well as the long ass load for the actual maps. Liken in COD.[/QUOTE]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there, those are all my major complaints so far. I personally think there should also be limited flares for vehicles, but that's just me. The seperate-team-squad issue is really big when I've been playing and it's pretty obnoxious.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']You pretty much hit the nail on the head there, those are all my major complaints so far. I personally think there should also be limited flares for vehicles, but that's just me. The seperate-team-squad issue is really big when I've been playing and it's pretty obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

+1, it's frustrating to repeatedly fire a stinger at a jet and they keep using flares. Eventually they should run out.

[quote name='Trakan']The whole ammo mortar thing is redundant though, as they can just sit on an ammo pack and refill/shoot new mortars.[/QUOTE]

Well the ammo kits don't refill mines I don't think, so I would assume they wouldn't be able to fill the mortars either.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Well the ammo kits don't refill mines I don't think, so I would assume they wouldn't be able to fill the mortars either.[/QUOTE]

They do refill mines. I don't know about mortars though.

I don't get why not being able to shoot down Jets with a stinger is a big deal. Jets don't hassle ground units nearly as much as helicopters.

The counter to an enemy Jet? Your own team's Jet. The regular cannon can't be dodged, so its really up to your own team's pilots to take down other jets. Sure, Jets can be a nuisance for ground vehicles (I've never even been damaged by a jet as a foot soldier), but your own team needs to get air superiority to let choppers do work on foot units.

As far as helicopters go, if there is a teamconsisting of a pilot/gunner/engineer, well yeah, one man shouldn't be able to take down that chopper, it requires another team to take down that chopper (or a jet, which doesn't need a lock on to do serious damage to a heli)

bread's done
Back