Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm not saying it's game breaking or anything, however it is an inconvenient oversight by the developers that is effecting a decent amount of people playing online. [/QUOTE]

How about leaving a server? You have to wait for the next game or round to load and then select Quit Game. Which actually counts as quitting a game and goes towards the Quitter %. They never changed that from the last Battlefield game as well.

One thing I've never understood and was hoping they'd remove for Battlefield 3 was the whole annoyance where I have to wait until the next map to load through before I quit. If I just finished a match, and I'm done for the day/want to play co-op, why do I have to wait for the next round to start? That was in Bad Company 2 as well and I always hated it, not sure why DICE likes that idea so much. I wasn't aware that Quitter % was even a thing, I've quit out of matches after the next map started a lot...hopefully mine didn't tank.

I downloaded a 167mb patch today. I guess it's been out a while, but I haven't played much. Anyways, now my Xbox has frozen twice in like two hours. Anyone else having trouble with freezing?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']One thing I've never understood and was hoping they'd remove for Battlefield 3 was the whole annoyance where I have to wait until the next map to load through before I quit. If I just finished a match, and I'm done for the day/want to play co-op, why do I have to wait for the next round to start? That was in Bad Company 2 as well and I always hated it, not sure why DICE likes that idea so much. I wasn't aware that Quitter % was even a thing, I've quit out of matches after the next map started a lot...hopefully mine didn't tank.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll second that. It makes it impossible to have a 0% quit percentage.

[quote name='dotCody']How about leaving a server? You have to wait for the next game or round to load and then select Quit Game. Which actually counts as quitting a game and goes towards the Quitter %. They never changed that from the last Battlefield game as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, totally. Definitely another easy fix that dampens my playing experience.

I hate how you have to unlock so much shit to be on an even playing field. Wish devs would not do this anymore, just makes me want to sell it after less 3 days playing. Can't even use flares for jets... which sorry to anyone who was on my team but I had to learn by waiting at the spawn timer since DICE are too stubborn to include tutorials or a decent campaign level with its flight controls... gonna wait till the map pack for my keep/sell final decision. Wish they copied Black Ops CODPoints to unlock stuff at least.

I think this is the first Battlefield that can stand on its infantry combat alone - I don't quit out of the infantry only maps like I did previously.

And the campaign was like a reject Tom Clancy novel and a bad Black Ops knockoff for its story and narrative. Co-op levels were fun at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Necrozilla']I hate how you have to unlock so much shit to be on an even playing field. Wish devs would not do this anymore, just makes me want to sell it after less 3 days playing. Can't even use flares for jets... which sorry to anyone who was on my team but I had to learn by waiting at the spawn timer since DICE are too stubborn to include tutorials or a decent campaign level with its flight controls... gonna wait till the map pack for my keep/sell final decision. Wish they copied Black Ops CODPoints to unlock stuff at least.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I prefer it this way. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much incentive to put in a lot of playtime. Chasing down only a rank number isn't as satisfying as unlocking a bunch of cool and useful stuff.

I'd also wager that the more time you spend in the game, the better you know the maps, can generate strategy, maneuver the vehicles, and play better on the ground. It's not just the weapons or scopes that make a good player.

As for jets, I'm pretty sure you unlock flares after your first kill or vehicle destroy. Don't worry about waiting for them to spawn, or crashing them into the ground. That's been a staple of Battlefield since 1942 and while it won't necessarily help your team win, it's all part of the game. At least you aren't camping the deployment as a sniper :)

If you don't have the patience to level up, I'm sure DICE will release a short-cut DLC pack like they did in BC2.

I kind of wish I had the option to prestige, or at least start over. Part of the fun for me in playing games like Battlefield is unlocking things, even if I'd just be unlocking everything all over again.

One thing I reeeeally miss is 2-person jets. Those were the shit, and would be awesome with a squad.

[quote name='bsmiff']Eh, I prefer it this way. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much incentive to put in a lot of playtime. Chasing down only a rank number isn't as satisfying as unlocking a bunch of cool and useful stuff.

I'd also wager that the more time you spend in the game, the better you know the maps, can generate strategy, maneuver the vehicles, and play better on the ground. It's not just the weapons or scopes that make a good player.

As for jets, I'm pretty sure you unlock flares after your first kill or vehicle destroy. Don't worry about waiting for them to spawn, or crashing them into the ground. That's been a staple of Battlefield since 1942 and while it won't necessarily help your team win, it's all part of the game. At least you aren't camping the deployment as a sniper :)

If you don't have the patience to level up, I'm sure DICE will release a short-cut DLC pack like they did in BC2.[/QUOTE]

Yea but the problem is that some people have no lives and play 22 hrs a day. In BF3 it takes longer to unlock then BFBC2.... much much longer and that is BS. Some gamers actually have lives and wives and can't play 22 hrs a day. I find it ridiculous to see all these outrageous stats and stuff makes me want to scream get a life, take a shower, shave, go outside etc etc etc.

I am on total disability and I do not play nearly as long as any of those dicks on BF3. Theie stats and play time is disgusting.

So anyway while BF3 unlocks are made for total losers it will suck. They are going to lose many casual gamers. In fact I have pretty much stopped playing altogeher as I am sick of no life players killing the games. BF3 really needs to change this and I agree with the other poster that said there needs to be a flying tuturial since there is no real flying in SP.

[quote name='JungleRot']Yea but the problem is that some people have no lives and play 22 hrs a day. In BF3 it takes longer to unlock then BFBC2.... much much longer and that is BS. Some gamers actually have lives and wives and can't play 22 hrs a day. I find it ridiculous to see all these outrageous stats and stuff makes me want to scream get a life, take a shower, shave, go outside etc etc etc.

I am on total disability and I do not play nearly as long as any of those dicks on BF3. Theie stats and play time is disgusting.

So anyway while BF3 unlocks are made for total losers it will suck. They are going to lose many casual gamers. In fact I have pretty much stopped playing altogeher as I am sick of no life players killing the games. BF3 really needs to change this and I agree with the other poster that said there needs to be a flying tuturial since there is no real flying in SP.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I work 50 hours a week on salary, have a family, take daily showers and shaves, etc. I mostly play on weekends and it's taken quite a while to get to level 22. But I still prefer it this way. The key is patience. Just because you don't have any doesn't mean DICE should change the formula.

As for calling the guys who play more often than you "dicks," "disgusting," and "total losers," it really sounds to me like BF3 just isn't your game. Trade in immediately!

[quote name='bsmiff']Eh, I prefer it this way. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much incentive to put in a lot of playtime. Chasing down only a rank number isn't as satisfying as unlocking a bunch of cool and useful stuff.

If you don't have the patience to level up, I'm sure DICE will release a short-cut DLC pack like they did in BC2.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, veteran players know the maps inside and out (and how to fly everything), that's THEIR advantage, at least give me the unlocks to deal with them. If a game can't stand on its own without constant unlocks, then that is a terrible game imo. I'd also wager that just as much people, if not more, leave because of the unlock time commitment than those that would leave if everything was unlocked.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Exactly, veteran players know the maps inside and out (and how to fly everything), that's THEIR advantage, at least give me the unlocks to deal with them. If a game can't stand on its own without constant unlocks, then that is a terrible game imo. I'd also wager that just as much people, if not more, leave because of the unlock time commitment than those that would leave if everything was unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly think having a P90 with an IRNV scope or something is really going to put you on the same playing level as guys who actually care to learn the best strategy for a map, or how to control a jet? This argument is silly.

If you really think those unlocks will make the game all better for you, wait for that inevitable $15 DLC pass. Or just bail on the game, either way please quit trolling the BF3 thread calling it terrible. Bleh.

I do agree that its slow going as far as leveling up goes but it's not a huge deal since the gun perks come pretty quickly and that's all I care about.

[quote name='bsmiff']Do you honestly think having a P90 with an IRNV scope or something is really going to put you on the same playing level as guys who actually care to learn the best strategy for a map, or how to control a jet? This argument is silly.

If you really think those unlocks will make the game all better for you, wait for that inevitable $15 DLC pass. Or just bail on the game, either way please quit trolling the BF3 thread calling it terrible. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

This, I was going to jump on that but it was clear the guy was either dickinass hurt or pure trolling.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']One thing I've never understood and was hoping they'd remove for Battlefield 3 was the whole annoyance where I have to wait until the next map to load through before I quit. If I just finished a match, and I'm done for the day/want to play co-op, why do I have to wait for the next round to start? That was in Bad Company 2 as well and I always hated it, not sure why DICE likes that idea so much. I wasn't aware that Quitter % was even a thing, I've quit out of matches after the next map started a lot...hopefully mine didn't tank.[/QUOTE]

they're smart. i always tell myself "ill just play for an hour".

then i have to wait to quit and BAM I'm in another game and end up playing for the next 4 hours

I can't believe Bf3 is fourth this week on major Nelson's list of Xbox live played games. Didn't think Skyrim would pass it. And still can't believe as many people are playing BO as they are.

Incoming patch for PC, TBD for 360 (probably the same when Karkland launches on the 13th):

Bugfixes

Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
Fixed stat references on several dogtags
Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
You can now reassign cycle weapons
Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines.
Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Min player requirements

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan for the future is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

As much as I abuse it, I'm glad they're fixing the mines and having them expire. Didn't see anything about them fixing the issue where your squad mate spawns on the other team but maybe they just forgot to include it...

I think mines should stay forever, but a limit of 9 or 12. it sucks to have to set up mines every time you spawn. I think this greatly decreases the effectiveness because you basically spend time laying mines and you have to hide so you don't die and lose your mines.

I actually wasn't aware that mines stayed forever at the moment, now i'm sad to see that's getting patched out. :/ Might as well take advantage while I can.

Was the Spec Ops Camo heat-masking intentional? Do the camos actually do something and have a purpose? I thought it was just strictly for looks.

[quote name='wowimsocute']I think mines should stay forever, but a limit of 9 or 12. it sucks to have to set up mines every time you spawn. I think this greatly decreases the effectiveness because you basically spend time laying mines and you have to hide so you don't die and lose your mines.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I know I'm in noob-mode when I speed up to a flag in a tank and hit a mine. After that I do what I'm supposed to and be aware of my surroundings.

The mines are a pain in the ass. Maybe that will change now that we can spot them, but when you can't spot them they are stupidly over-powered.

I'm currently working on getting all the ribbons and only have a few left. Perhaps we could discuss possible strategies for getting these for myself and anyone else in the same boat?

4 Melee Kills: Firstly, why don't they just say "knife"? If you're going for this are you really going to waste time getting clever with a repair tool? I imagine this will come naturally with time but it won't be easy with the new mechanic of needing to be behind the enemy. I've probably done 2 or 3 several times but 4 in one round is quite tough.

4 Handgun Kills: Surprisingly, this is tougher than it seems unless you're a chronic sniper that pulls it out to finish kills. Otherwise you have to fire multiple rounds into someone laying into you with a machine gun.

7 Suppression Assists: This is a pretty lame way to force players to be aware of how cool they think the new suppression mechanic is. Getting 7 in one round either takes extreme luck or purposely missing enemies. Why would you want to do that? The best place I can imagine trying to get this is firing into the corridor on Grand Bazaar with an M249.

All the M-COM ribbons. I guess I'm glad that there are so many options in Battlefield these days but I can't believe people can actually stand playing this mode exclusively. I'm sure it's just extra frustrating for me because I'm not experienced with it but I play Battlefield to avoid the pitfalls of other shooters such as excessive camping and sniping. Rush was MADE for those things. I don't think that I would play Battlefield if it only consisted of Rush.

The ribbons are also just silly. You have to actually kill enemies WHILE they're arming the M-COM? So, in other words, camp it and try to get lucky. To get the other one you have to succeed in getting through the campers and be the one to actually destroy the M-COM thrice in one match. I'm sure it's a piece of cake for those of you used to Rush but these might actually make me give up on trying to get all the ribbons.

I have ~140 total dogtags taken from victims and I actually only have 1 Melee ribbon. Getting 4 is as difficult as it sounds, but I got mine when defending Rush on Kharg Island. After the first set of M-COMs get taken (and this might apply to any map), snipers like to set up shop in the back a bit and look for defenders. If you go around the outskirts to the back, usually you can get some easy knife kills. Might even be easier when attacking and flanking the defenders, but I haven't had as much luck with that.

The handgun ribbon could also be applied to flanking the enemy, if you catch them by surprise it won't be nearly as difficult to take them down. I believe the revolver that you get from co-op is pretty powerful, so that might be an easier way to knock them out.

Suppression is really just a matter of being Support and laying down fire around the enemy. Just miss on purpose but be relatively close to them with your fire, whenever they get killed you'll get a suppression assist. I get a lot more Suppression assists than I mean to when I play.

The M-COM ribbons are a bitch. I don't think I've gotten any of those yet, Attackers can arm the bomb so fast that unless you were camped, waiting for it, it'd be extremely difficult. That and the arming one would really just be luck, I'd put those on the backburner and just start playing more Rush and getting used to it.

My Xbox just froze for the second time now when trying to start up the third co-op mission. Not sure what that's about.

Last edited by a moderator:
for FAMAS (Best Friend Forever):
10 Revives + 10 Heals

for HK53 (Fixing it):
10 repairs + kill 1 enemy with ‘repair torch’

for QBB-95 (Let it rain):
20 kills with LMG + 2 mortar kills

for QBU-88 (specops):
20 kills with Sniper rifles + 5 laser designations

for PP-19 (Familiar Territory):
Arm 10 MCOMs + Capture 10 Flags + Play 2 hours on Karkand

for L85A2 (Professional Russian) (must complete Best Friend Forever):
100 kills with Assault Rifles + 20 kills with Underslung Grenade Launcher + Win 5 rounds of Squad DM

for QBZ-95B (It goes Boom!) (must complete Fixing it):
50 AT rocket kills + Destroy 1 enemy vehicle with repair torch + win 5 rounds of Conquest

for MG36 (Keep your head down) (must complete Let it Rain):
100 kills w/ LMG + 50 supression assists + 50 ammo resupplies

for L96 (Creeping Death) (must complete Specops):
50 Headshots + 50 Spot assists + 5 Knife takedowns

for MK3A1 (Scarred Veteran) (must complete Familiar Territory):
10 kills w/ PP-19 + 5 kills in DPV Jeep + 10 kills in BTR-90 IFV + Play 2 hours on Sharqi + Play 2 hours on Gulf of Oman

Wow, I'm all for these new weapons being challenging to unlock as it gives me more reason to play, but fuck some of these. Forcing me to play Rush/Squad TDM? Lame.

Awesome, thanks for the tips Alpha.

Oh, ahd Trakan, I totally agree. DICE can get a little too cute with some of the requirements for ribbons and, in this case, weapon unlocks.

Does anyone else think these co-op missions are a bitch? I'm playing on Easy with a buddy and we're still losing and getting downed. There's so much fire coming from all sides all the time, good lawd. Is there only 6 co-op missions or does doing the 6 unlock a new branch of missions? I hope there's more than 6...

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Does anyone else think these co-op missions are a bitch? I'm playing on Easy with a buddy and we're still losing and getting downed. There's so much fire coming from all sides all the time, good lawd. Is there only 6 co-op missions or does doing the 6 unlock a new branch of missions? I hope there's more than 6...[/QUOTE]

Nope, 6 is all. I have beat them all but one on hard. And they are a bitch to beat on hard.

Future changes updates:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624783579995/

So, Volume Two of the Future Balance Changes. We've recently updated with patches that have changed some balance items, and the community has responded with feedback. This list includes some direct responses to that feedback, as well as a very important issue close to several player's hearts: Aggressive Recon.

Bolt action sniper rounds now have a chance to kill at close range if the player is hit in the upper chest.

Why are we making this change?
-Aggressive Recon was a popular (and controversial) play style in BFBC2, the fact that the playstyle is essentially not present in BF3 has been a disappointment to many players.
-The balance issues of BC2 (Magnum ammo increasing the 1 hit kill range) is not present in BF3, the range is set and cannot be improved by players. Additionally the 1 hit kill is not guaranteed in BF3, the target is small and can be blocked by the player's arms.
-Additionally, all kits have access to the Slug shotguns, the 870 pump with slugs is still far superior to a bolt action rifle at close range. It is faster, and it can hit anywhere in the torso to 1 hit kill, though it lacks the accuracy of the snipers at range.
-Finally, Recon is under represented in the game, especially in CQB game modes, giving the Recon player a place in CQB is important to us as developers.

And yes, for those of you who follow me on Twitter, I changed my mind. I hope this change pleases the Recon players, and I believe it will not negatively impact the game for the rest of you.
-Alan "Demize99" Kertz

It’s important to note:
• This list is provided as a way for the Community to give us feedback on potential Balance changes to the game.
• This list is specifically focused on Balance changes. Feature requests and bug fixes are purposefully absent from this list.
• There is no guarantee that any of these Balance changes will make it into a future update at all, nor is this list a guarantee that there will be future updates.

Slightly increased the AEK971 recoil.
Slightly increased the ASVAL recoil.
Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M249.
Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle.
Fixed aimed firing max accuracy on the Pecheneg to be consistent with other LMGs.
Slightly reduced the recoil of the F2000 and restored it to the previous base accuracy.
Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
Increased the damage of the G3, M60, and M240 at close range.

Claymores can now detonate from vehicles and can be used to disable jeeps or kill the passengers in light jeeps. Claymores will not do any damage to heavy vehicles.
Reduced the spot times on C4 and Claymore projectiles from 30 to 15 sec.
The Radio Beacon, Mortar, Mav, EOD bot, T-UGS, and SOFLAM should now be much easier to deploy.
C4 will no longer be detonatable after a player respawns, if the player is revived within 5 seconds he can still detonate his C4.
The player may now have a maximum number of mines which will persist after the player's death. Deploying more than the maximum of 6 mines will remove a previous mine from the world.
Claymores now also persist through death, the player can have 2 claymores planted.

9x39mm rounds no longer benefit from the Sniper headshot bonus.
Increased the damage of the 9x39mm rounds.
Fixed the AKS74u damage at max range, it was incorrectly higher than other carbines.
Increased the damage of the .357 and .44 magnum rounds at max range.
All semiautomatic and bolt weapons, including all shotgun slugs, now have their maximum damage out to 15m.
Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, LMGs, and shotgun slugs now have more consistent damage over long range.

Tweaked IRNV to be more consistent across all levels.
Fixed a rendering issue with IRNV view when taking damage.
Tweaked the IRNV zoom times and scope visible areas to be the same across all weapons (some were faster than others).
Fixed the QBU-88 sniper and the L96 IRNV scopes to use the proper aiming reticule.

The spread for Flechette rounds has been reduced slightly on all shotguns.
The spread for buckshot has been reduced on the M1014, DAO-12, and S12k. These weapons have an accuracy advantage over the USAS12 but are not as accurate as the 870.

Semiautomatic weapons will no longer "jam" if the player presses fire faster than the weapon is capable of shooting. Some semi automatic weapons have had their rates of fire adjusted to fit this change.

Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG, SMAW, and 40mm grenade projectiles against infantry.
Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.

Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
Significantly increased the damage of the Javelin and Air to Ground missiles against laser designated targets.
Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
Reduced the damage AA missiles do to jets.
Stinger and IGLA missiles now do 50% damage to Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
Slightly reduced the damage of Jet cannons.
Increased RPG and SMAW damage against aircraft.
Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
Helicopter guns should now suppress correctly.
Improved the accuracy of the Mi28 gun to match the AH1 gun.
Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.
Increased the power of explosions from cars and other explosive static objects.
Dying from the explosion of a car or other explosive static object should now correctly credit the player who caused the explosion.
Adjusted the F35's Center of Mass and Lift Engine for more stable, level flight.
Updated the F35 weapon systems to be consistent with the other air craft.
Changed the Kornets to TOW launchers on Wake Island and moved the spawn position of the AAV to a more level position.
Fixed several bugs with air vehicles colliding with objects at high speeds and taking no damage.
Players will no longer receive suicides or team kills if they crash their vehicle (dying is punishment enough).
You can now spot with the EODbot.

Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
Fixed some situations that would unintentionally make a player unrevivable.
Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn.

4 Melee Kills; Ribbon
Think it's bugged.
Got the Melee dogtag the other day (get Melee ribbon 10 times), yet I have zero ribbons and the most knife kills in a round I ever had was 2.

Fast forward a couple hours and I got 6 Melee kills in a row on Seine Crossing when a US squad kept trying to capture "C" by going through the entrance right infront of the RU default spawn.
No ribbons that time either.

Which co-op mission(s) are the fastest to get through for points? Now that we've completed all 6 of them (I really wish there was more than 6), we just want to get the multiplayer points as fast as possible. Which ones would you guys recommend?

It seems likely, but just for shits and gigs, does playing on a higher difficulty give you more points? I'd imagine it does, but I'm not entirely sure.

I can finally handle myself in a jet, but without a team spotting the enemy jets, it just becomes 5 minutes of loop-de-loops. Jets need to be highlighted all the time on the mini-map.

Will craters ever return to Battlefield 3?

Which co-op mission(s) are the fastest to get through for points
Mission 1 takes about 10-15 minutes (quicker if you have someone that knows what to do) and can net you around 10k-12k.

Mission 6 has an infinite respawning enemy bug (not sure if patched yet).
As long as you don't go past the statue/sidewalk infront of the bank, they keep coming.

On the Battlelog board, PS3 players were saying in the new update that they cut the point requirements for the weapons, so the G3 is only like 125k to unlock.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's just great. The guy in the other jet probably smashed his controller after that one lol[/QUOTE]

*keyboard

I attempted the RendeZook last night, I was SO CLOSE. So close. It all went beautifully, I went up, the other jet came right into my line of sight, and then...I ended up leaving the jet going too slow and went into skydive mode right before I shot the RPG. It would've been magnificent.

I will do this move. I will.

bread's done
Back