Battlefield 3 Premium / CoD Elite / Sale Question

Double-J

CAGiversary!
Hi all. BF3 is my FPS of choice, but I see that they've decided to go the CoD route and get into the "premium" DLC bundle packages. I already have Back to Karkand, so ultimately, I'd only be saving about $10 by getting the bundle rather than picking up each DLC individually. But considering most of my friends and I play this game on a nightly basis, I'll probably end up getting all the maps anyways, so my ultimate question is this:

Has CoD Elite ever gone on sale on the PSN store? The reason I ask is because I'd like to hold off on BF3 Premium (I am a CAG after all) but if these sort of packages stay at a firm price point for some time, I'll just get it now.

Many thanks for any advice or tips toward this end! :applause:

Hello,
I've never seen CoD Elite go on sale, but I wouldn't use that as a barometer because I think EA is a little more relaxed about sales than Acivision. Also, it depends on what platform you're playing on. If its Xbox 360 or PS3, there might be a sale but it will be at least 6 months to a year before you see it. PC, on the other hand, you might see a sale pretty quickly either by price drop (not very likely) or by coupon (far more likely).

Thanks for the input. That's pretty much what I figured. $10 saved is still $10, I just was hoping that there would be an opportunity for me to flex my CAG muscle based on Elite precedent. Granted, IIRC Elite is a yearly renewal whereas Premium is a one-time purchase, but it's the closest analogy I could think of. I'm on the PS3 platform for BF3, FWIW.

Sounds like I'll be suiting up with premium sooner rather than later. At least yesterday's patch seems to have fixed most of the glaring issues. But that's kind of what bugs me too. It's been since October and just now they seem to finally have gotten it right. Not exactly the kind of dedication I want to reward with my hard-earned cash. But I digress. :p

You should keep in mind that you are paying microsoft points, and while premium may never go on sale, points do all the time. It costs 4000. I wasnt a fan at first but I love BF3 and I will buy all the maps eventually anyways, and I am in the same boat I already have karkand.

EDIT: read you are on ps3, I would imagine its still somewhat applicable?

[quote name='Double-J']Thanks for the input. That's pretty much what I figured. $10 saved is still $10, I just was hoping that there would be an opportunity for me to flex my CAG muscle based on Elite precedent. Granted, IIRC Elite is a yearly renewal whereas Premium is a one-time purchase, but it's the closest analogy I could think of. I'm on the PS3 platform for BF3, FWIW.

Sounds like I'll be suiting up with premium sooner rather than later. At least yesterday's patch seems to have fixed most of the glaring issues. But that's kind of what bugs me too. It's been since October and just now they seem to finally have gotten it right. Not exactly the kind of dedication I want to reward with my hard-earned cash. But I digress. :p[/QUOTE]

If it is a one time purchase then it might go on sale. I'm not sure if PS3 has had sales like this before, but I know Xbox Gears of War Season Pass (1-time purchase all the dlc) has gone on sale once.

[quote name='gundamxzero']You should keep in mind that you are paying microsoft points, and while premium may never go on sale, points do all the time. It costs 4000. I wasnt a fan at first but I love BF3 and I will buy all the maps eventually anyways, and I am in the same boat I already have karkand.

EDIT: read you are on ps3, I would imagine its still somewhat applicable?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Unfortunately, PSN cards rarely go on sale. The cheapest I've seen it was when TRU had all gaming point cards for $18. Other than that, some CAGs here may sell it below retail but I haven't really seen it dip below MSRP in stores.

As for the Elite membership going on sale, while I don't play MW3 on the PS3, I haven't seen it go on sale in the Xbox marketplace. I know the PSN store does offer franchise sales though, I've seen the CoD map packs at discounted prices. Of course that all depends on whether or not you're willing to wait for the drop.

bread's done
Back