Battlefield: Bad Company 18.99 PS3 @ Amazon w/FSSS over $25

You shouldn't say it comes with FSSS if you have to add a game to get there.

It comes up as $19 PS3, $28 X360 for me...

Everyone should know what the requirements are for FSSS by now. And not all products on Amazon qualify for it.

Anyway, it's showing $18.99 for the PS3 and $27.99 for the 360.

I love this game. Granted, I have only played the single player about 3/4 though so far, but it has become one of my favorite FPS.

... looking forward to Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

[quote name='Skoad']Everyone should know what the requirements are for FSSS by now. And not all products on Amazon qualify for it.

Anyway, it's showing $18.99 for the PS3 and $27.99 for the 360.[/quote]

opps, corrected ^^

when I checked the 360 version was 19.99 TT

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Full Metal XL']Damn...if the 360 was $19 I'd go for it...:bomb:[/quote]

Just wait for a few more days or weeks. It'll get there pretty soon.

I got to the highest rank online and played the story mode thru twice. I love the the Battlefield franchise - started with 1942 on the PC in 2002 and I am totally geeked out by Battlefield 1943 coming out. If you like FPS and epic battles - this game is for you. The destructible environments make the game absolutely insane online.

[quote name='prateeko']You shouldn't say it comes with FSSS if you have to add a game to get there.

It comes up as $19 PS3, $28 X360 for me...
iy.gif
[/quote]
You need to read the terms and conditions of free shipping offered by amazon.

In the onslaught of FPS these days, the single player campaign at least, is a breath of fresh air. Just my opinion though, finished single player but never ventured online

Ya is the online still fun, I can't imagine that there are enough people online for it to be fun? Anyone?
pixel.gif

[quote name='hotrocks']ps3 owners: is the online community still active?[/QUOTE]

I have the PS3 and 360 versions (I'm obsessed). I've racked up over 275 hours online (and counting) between the two of them. Let me be clear...

The PS3 online community is dead. DEAD. As in, don't expect to ever play a full game again. The 360 version is THRIVING. Full games (12 vs. 12) almost any time of day. Huge difference.

BF:BC has two online modes, Gold Rush and Conquest. Conquest is fine with 4 people on your team or 12...it really doesn't matter. The problem comes with Gold Rush mode (the main multiplayer mode). If you only have a few people on each team, the "Attackers" tickets are seemingly infinite. Killing a person barely registers as -1 ticket so their "Ticket Bar" (think of it as the enemy team's life bar) never goes down. It does in reality, but it takes FOREVER. The PS3 version is currently unplayable in Gold Rush for this reason. Matches could conceivably last for hours. Forget the PS3 and just buy the 360 version. Best online shooter on the console. Yes, I prefer it over COD4.

I love each console for different reasons, but for non-exclusive online FPS titles...the PS3 version always dies out sooner than the 360 version. It just shows how the install base difference between them really has an effect.

[quote name='prateeko']You shouldn't say it comes with FSSS if you have to add a game to get there.

It comes up as $19 PS3, $28 X360 for me...[/quote]

Technically if he says FSSS. He refers to Free Super Saver Shipping and thus it kinda implies that you gotta go over 25$ as that's what it is and has been for quite some time.

I do think he could've worded it a bit better like "eligible for FSSS" but what he said wasn't wrong.

[quote name='heybtbm']I have the PS3 and 360 versions (I'm obsessed). I've racked up over 275 hours online (and counting) between the two of them. Let me be clear...

The PS3 online community is dead. DEAD. As in, don't expect to ever play a full game again. The 360 version is THRIVING. Full games (12 vs. 12) almost any time of day. Huge difference.

BF:BC has two online modes, Gold Rush and Conquest. Conquest is fine with 4 people on your team or 12...it really doesn't matter. The problem comes with Gold Rush mode (the main multiplayer mode). If you only have a few people on each team, the "Attackers" tickets are seemingly infinite. Killing a person barely registers as -1 ticket so their "Ticket Bar" (think of it as the enemy team's life bar) never goes down. It does in reality, but it takes FOREVER. The PS3 version is currently unplayable in Gold Rush for this reason. Matches could conceivably last for hours. Forget the PS3 and just buy the 360 version. Best online shooter on the console. Yes, I prefer it over COD4.

I love each console for different reasons, but for non-exclusive online FPS titles...the PS3 version always dies out sooner than the 360 version. It just shows how the install base difference between them really has an effect.[/quote]

I tend to agree with this. I maxed out my rank and unlocks on PS3 last summer/fall and now I just snagged a 360 copy to do it again on Xbox Live. Bigger community - more games going on. Got a copy on ebay for $18 minus MS Live cashback. You can still find games on PS3 but for a few bucks more if you have the 360 as well it is a safer bet. As far as I know there is no diufference in the game content between the two platforms.

[quote name='heybtbm']I have the PS3 and 360 versions (I'm obsessed). I've racked up over 275 hours online (and counting) between the two of them. Let me be clear...

I love each console for different reasons, but for non-exclusive online FPS titles...the PS3 version always dies out sooner than the 360 version. It just shows how the install base difference between them really has an effect.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to add, regardless of which system you buy it for, the BF:BC single player campaign is awesome. The destructible environments will spoil you when playing other shooters. You'll be wishing it could be in every FPS from now on.

[quote name='heybtbm']I forgot to add, regardless of which system you buy it for, the BF:BC single player campaign is awesome. The destructable environments will spoil you when playing other shooters. You'll be wishing it could be in every FPS from now on.[/quote]

Absolutely! I can't wait for Battlefield 1943 with the Frostbite engine. My favorite franchise of all time is Battlefield and I am so happy they are producing so many games in that universe:

Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Battlefield Heroes

bread's done
Back