Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition PC $40

I've never used playspan before, do they ship the game or are they digital distribution? Can't seem to tell by their site.

It is a digital download. Also if your a new user you get another $1 off so its more like $39 . It was a pretty good deal I am glad I found it

[quote name='Shimrra']Good price its a real shame that the PC servers are severely messed up.[/QUOTE]

What? They have been fixing those and updating punkbuster helps also. Dice has been fixing stuff everyday since its launch and still working on it.

Hell I played like 4 hours today without a problem.

The game works fine and its not universally busted for every users.

Im having a blast with it, havent even touched single player. I just been playing online. About ready to hit 3rd class private now.

PC servers are fine. They just put up many new server hardware or whatever they did with the downtime this morning.

I personally never had a problem yet on PC but I know a lot of people have.

How is the ease of delivery on their dl games? Like is it fast? And are you able to get it again at a later date? This is about the same price as the steam 4 pack, so I might get it here. But I've never heard of, or used this site before :/

Their downloader was fast, I got full speed on my 25mbit fiber line. The site says you are only allowed 3 activations, but I don't see how they can enforce this considering EA handles all the key stuff. They might mean 3 downloads, but mine still has 3 listed and I downloaded it a few hours ago and have been playing it since. Even then, you can always feed the key to EA Download manager and get it that way. The only issue I have so far is I haven't yet received a LE redemption code, I'll give them til tomorrow before I email support.

Did they ship the key to you right away? This deal is tempting, but I'm still wary of giving my CC number to a company I'm not familiar with.

Yeah they give you the cd key right away. On the other hand I contacted them about the missing LE key and they're pretending it doesn't exist... They seem to think the CD key alone is going to unlock the LE content, which it wont. I submitted a second ticket and now they say they're looking into it (yet they still closed the ticket...). So for now it seems you may as well treat this as the non-limited edition. Gotta love false advertising...

Edit: apparently others have gotten their LE keys fine, so it may just be a problem with me not receiving mine.
Double Edit: Just got the code, disregard my previous statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FergyA']Yeah they give you the cd key right away. On the other hand I contacted them about the missing LE key and they're pretending it doesn't exist... They seem to think the CD key alone is going to unlock the LE content, which it wont. I submitted a second ticket and now they say they're looking into it (yet they still closed the ticket...). So for now it seems you may as well treat this as the non-limited edition. Gotta love false advertising...[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a bummer. It could be an honest mistake though. Like, they might just have expected the LE editions to have a specific set of Cd-keys.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=647589

Bad Company 2 PC $50 but with a $10 gift card for a future online purchase. Not bad either. [Edit] damnit, can only buy from U.S. Canada, Mexico]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my limited edition key in email but I ordered it on Thursday. They probably send out the keys once a day or once every two days via email. Ordering off GameStop online they send them out once a week via email

[quote name='Katealyst']I got my limited edition key in email but I ordered it on Thursday. They probably send out the keys once a day or once every two days via email. Ordering off GameStop online they send them out once a week via email[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to get your key? Did it come right away, or was it delayed?

[quote name='Katealyst']I ordered it Thursday and got it Friday afternoon so I guess a day.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll give them a bit longer then, unfortunately I used my aol email for this one and it is infamous for losing important emails... Hopefully this isn't the case.

Haha yeah I was kinda wondering why i didn't get it right away but after I read that it took GameStop a week I figured it wasn't instant.

Haha yeah I was kinda wondering why i didn't get it right away but after I read that it took GameStop a week I figured it wasn't instant.

Picked a copy up for $35 after taking a Lady Gaga quiz. Sweet deal. If i wasn't already signed up for Netflix that could have been another $10 off...
Download speeds are faster than Steam. Highly recommend this deal.

Yeah they have a bunch of offers you can do to earn their currency "UltimatePoints" you could probably do a lot and get the game for free.

Yeah they have a bunch of offers you can do to earn their currency "UltimatePoints" you could probably do a lot and get the game for free.

Hey Carpwrist question, how did you get past this page, I don't see a "skip" option on this page:
Exclusive Bonus Offers for You!
spacer.gif
Please respond "Yes" or "No" to each offer below and click "Submit".
All offers are optional - sign up if you are interested.

bread's done
Back