Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

[quote name='Jodou']Why did they have to describe the Isla Innocentes MCOM glitch?! Now everyone is going to know my little trick. :\[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah I just recently saw a video of that. Funny but annoying if you're defending.

I guess you'll just have to blow it up the regular way after it's fixed.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Lol, yeah I just recently saw a video of that. Funny but annoying if you're defending.

I guess you'll just have to blow it up the regular way after it's fixed.[/QUOTE]
That map is buggy as hell TBH. My clan and I were playing the other day and we pushed them off the main Island only to get another message immediately after that bombsite A had blown up. Then when we got the advance order, it showed both sites up and we just brushed it off as some weird message error. Well, then I glitched B with a knife and started moving on A when we got the advance order even though A was still up. Half the team was confused and still trying to attack the old A because it still showed up as capturable lol.

I've been enjoying BC2 but the game is pretty much busted simply because of the non-existence of a proper auto-balance system. 4/5 games I play all end up lop-sided teamwise halfway through the round cause people don't like to lose, and any requests to even up the teams is met with smart ass remarks. Or the new hip trend where a good portion of the losing team switches to the winning team to get the points for the victory pin when the sirens start blowing, which then sets up the next round to be fubared.

I've been on both sides of this scenario and it isn't fun getting spawn-camped and it isn't fun just rolling the enemy team either, but people still do it to pad the almighty K/D ratio.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I've been enjoying BC2 but the game is pretty much busted simply because of the non-existence of a proper auto-balance system. 4/5 games I play all end up lop-sided teamwise halfway through the round cause people don't like to lose, and any requests to even up the teams is met with smart ass remarks. Or the new hip trend where a good portion of the losing team switches to the winning team to get the points for the victory pin when the sirens start blowing, which then sets up the next round to be fubared.

I've been on both sides of this scenario and it isn't fun getting spawn-camped and it isn't fun just rolling the enemy team either, but people still do it to pad the almighty K/D ratio.[/QUOTE]

Shit, that sounds awful. And this happens almost all the time you say? Sigh, I guess I'll have to find one decent server where the people aren't pricks and stick with it. I don't want to put up with that garbage.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Shit, that sounds awful. And this happens almost all the time you say? Sigh, I guess I'll have to find one decent server where the people aren't pricks and stick with it. I don't want to put up with that garbage.[/QUOTE]

If you find a server that has good admins it's not as bad, but really the only power they have is to kick people to even things out if people aren't willing to switch themselves.

It's a pain for the admins too, cause I'm sure they would rather play the game than play team balance police.

Zero Punctuation review is up and while I really don't care about it (who has played the SP, honestly?) he does bring up a complaint I have with it. TOO MANY fuckING PARTICLE EFFECTS! It's worse than a firebug in Killing Floor because I'm constantly being blinded for seconds on end by every little ricochet, explosion, or vehicle moving around. Like he says, they're going for realism but for me -- it's just annoyism.

[quote name='Jodou']Zero Punctuation review is up and while I really don't care about it (who has played the SP, honestly?) he does bring up a complaint I have with it. TOO MANY fuckING PARTICLE EFFECTS! It's worse than a firebug in Killing Floor because I'm constantly being blinded for seconds on end by every little ricochet, explosion, or vehicle moving around. Like he says, they're going for realism but for me -- it's just annoyism.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm currently playing the SP....

I can see where you're coming from with the particle effects, but him going on a rant because the bad guys are Russian? Come on...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Hey, I'm currently playing the SP....

I can see where you're coming from with the particle effects, but him going on a rant because the bad guys are Russian? Come on...[/QUOTE]

That is just like that. He is also the author of some seriously awesome freeware games that I posted on my list like 1213 and Trilby's adventures games.

I do think that with so many shooters that go the military route the enemies always seem to be the same stereotypical countries and races...after awhile of seeing it so much and so often wear on gamers.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']fuck recon players who sit in one spot and pew pew with their sniper.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Battlefield series.

I find the medics waaaaaaaay more annoying then bad recon players. But thats just me, seems like everyone else likes to bash recon just because they got that sniper rifle.

Ok it got better as I jumped from server to server.

It's just annoying when a recon player ONLY uses a sniper rifle to take potshots from across the map and call in mortar strikes on the spawn point.

But I see where you're coming from. I died from MGs WAY more than anything else.

I'm beginning to play a sniper just to unlock the guns. If I have an assault in squad I'll just use a shotty so I can keep close and get the motion sensor points.

Oof, after a night of playing/learning, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Haven't really done much else except Assault though, don't think I'd be good at anything else. Maybe Medic.

I plan on playing this for a good while. I'm hoping I'll eventually suck less. My K/D ratio got to be pretty embarrassing at times. Most other times it was pretty close to 1:1. Which I still see as not that great.

Is the server browser still kind of borked for everybody? I'm unable to add servers to my favorites, my history won't update and the search function doesn't work (by name). It also says that I earned an insignia on 12/31/2007. Huh?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']fuck recon players who sit in one spot and pew pew with their sniper.[/QUOTE]
/wave

Also, good luck with that tracer thing. Any good recon (me) is always sitting behind enemy lines, taking out high priority targets quickly or stealing tanks.
[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Is the server browser still kind of borked for everybody? I'm unable to add servers to my favorites, my history won't update and the search function doesn't work (by name). It also says that I earned an insignia on 12/31/2007. Huh?[/QUOTE]Yeah, all that shit is still broken.

[quote name='Jodou']/wave

Also, good luck with that tracer thing. Any good recon (me) is always sitting behind enemy lines, taking out high priority targets quickly or stealing tanks.[/QUOTE]

Then I don't see too many good recon players like you. Hell, by that definition, I saw a lot of awful, awful recon players.

On my last round last night on Isle Innocentes, it was 8v8 (didn't feel like finding another server) and EVERY GODDAMN PERSON on my team was just sniping from that first hill. I was the ONLY one even trying to advance forward. Eventually after berating my team and taking out an MCOM station by myself, they got their heads out of their asses and we advanced to the last pair of stations (still didn't win though).

I really like Hardcore mode, but all the recon players sitting at the back doing nothing make it so annoying and unfun. I so wish there were kit limits on hardcore servers...

[quote name='fldash']I really like Hardcore mode, but all the recon players sitting at the back doing nothing make it so annoying and unfun. I so wish there were kit limits on hardcore servers...[/QUOTE]

This. Hardcore is the best as far as health/weapon damage, but SO many people camp because snipers almost always one shot. They need to limit it to two or three snipers per team, but if they do that, it'll just be a race to the sniper class, and most of the time you'll wind up with shitties that don't know what they're doing.

It's pretty much lose/lose.

I love playing recon. But I rarely use the sniper rifles. Saiga/USAS-12/G3 ftw. Aggressive recon is loads of fun. Buddy up with an assault and you rack up points just from motion mine assists.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Never buying any game at launch ever again unless it's a Blizzard or Valve game.[/QUOTE]
Yes because the steam & hl2 launch ware just awesome :lol:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Never buying any game at launch ever again unless it's a Blizzard or Valve game.[/QUOTE]

Even then don't be surprised when issues arise.

[quote name='Megazell']Even then don't be surprised when issues arise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='freddy_']Yes because the steam & hl2 launch ware just awesome :lol:[/QUOTE]

Talking about price fellas. $20 already?!

[quote name='freddy_']wast that just with some discount codes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a $20 coupon from the PAX expo that happened this weekend. I think it's still going on (coupon).

[quote name='Psykodelik']Yeah, there's a $20 coupon from the PAX expo that happened this weekend. I think it's still going on (coupon).[/QUOTE]

It is, and it doesn't just apply to BFBC2. Any 40+ order from the EA Store will work with it.

Got BFBC2, Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor Airborne and the ME1 DLC for a total of 45.

You can use it twice, so I did BFBC2 by itself, then did ME2, Airborne and ME1 DLC together.

And yes, Airborne and the DLC were only to push it above 40.

Coupon is PAXEAST842

Had one of my best games KDR-wise earlier. Went 43-6. Wound up with over 35,000 XP. The game doesnt seem nearly as buggy as it did around release. The game did however decide to delete all of my friends, which kind of sucks.

Me and a couple buddies got our own server. CAGs are welcome.

It's currently set to 24/7 Conquest Hardcore mode. The new maps will be added soon.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Me and a couple buddies got our own server. CAGs are welcome.

It's currently set to 24/7 Conquest Hardcore mode. The new maps will be added soon.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried out Hardcore mode yet, I suppose I should. The idea of snipers killing in one shot has quite honestly got me a little skeptical to try it.

[quote name='bg88']I haven't tried out Hardcore mode yet, I suppose I should. The idea of snipers killing in one shot has quite honestly got me a little skeptical to try it.[/QUOTE]

Hardcore isn't my favorite, but I'm outnumbered by my friends who do like it.

started playing this game over the weekend from the EA sale. Dunno if its the hit boxes /lag/whatnot but it feels unresponsive at times when I shoot enemies. It also seems like the rifles are underpowered at times, id empty a whole clip into some sniper who's back stepping and jumping all over the place and he just pops me with one pistol shot :S . I'm used to stopping perk in COD MW1:S where two bursts usually kill, 1 if it hits the head. There are always so many mortars /explosions that i can never aim properly too. Sometimes i get slowdowns when this stuff is going on with is annoying as well.

Another thing i noticed are knives being strange.. u can be quite a few steps away from the enemy and get a knife :p

Finally it seems like grenades can't be "cooked"? i held onto a grenade longer and tossed it and it still took a long delay for them to explode. whats up with that?

You should play hardcore then. Once you get use to dodging ohk snipers and getting the jump on them it gets fun. Especially since there's no minimap and spotting doesn't do anything.

[quote name='Kyle_87']started playing this game over the weekend from the EA sale. Dunno if its the hit boxes /lag/whatnot but it feels unresponsive at times when I shoot enemies. It also seems like the rifles are underpowered at times, id empty a whole clip into some sniper who's back stepping and jumping all over the place and he just pops me with one pistol shot :S . I'm used to stopping perk in COD MW1:S where two bursts usually kill, 1 if it hits the head. There are always so many mortars /explosions that i can never aim properly too. Sometimes i get slowdowns when this stuff is going on with is annoying as well.

Another thing i noticed are knives being strange.. u can be quite a few steps away from the enemy and get a knife :p

Finally it seems like grenades can't be "cooked"? i held onto a grenade longer and tossed it and it still took a long delay for them to explode. whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

I've found you have to aim down the sights to get any accuracy. After unloading clip after clip into an enemy 'spray and pray' style only to get killed by 1-2 shots of return fire, I discovered that aiming for just a few seconds, even in close quarters, is the difference. Well, that and getting into the 1st/2nd weapon unlocks of a class helps a lot too.

[quote name='SEH']Had one of my best games KDR-wise earlier. Went 43-6. Wound up with over 35,000 XP. The game doesnt seem nearly as buggy as it did around release. The game did however decide to delete all of my friends, which kind of sucks.[/QUOTE]

And what exactly do you do to do that? I can't seem to play a round and not get my fucking ass handed to me when it comes to k/d.

It seems like everyone can kill me 5 or so shots, but I have to drop half a mag into their bitch ass!!! When I ever use the LMGs it's like a bad case of "Hollywood shots" the bullets hit everywhere EXCEPT for the dude I am aiming at!!!

This is a noob question, but what is a desirable ping? And at what point does the game pretty much become unplayable as far as the ping making it virtually impossible for you to get the jump on someone.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']And what exactly do you do to do that? I can't seem to play a round and not get my fucking ass handed to me when it comes to k/d.

It seems like everyone can kill me 5 or so shots, but I have to drop half a mag into their bitch ass!!! When I ever use the LMGs it's like a bad case of "Hollywood shots" the bullets hit everywhere EXCEPT for the dude I am aiming at!!!

This is a noob question, but what is a desirable ping? And at what point does the game pretty much become unplayable as far as the ping making it virtually impossible for you to get the jump on someone.[/QUOTE]

That particular game I was a medic using the M60 (OP IMO). I'd just find groups of my team, throw down a health box, then run to the enemy lines and start tearing into anyone that tried pushing up.

As for ping, I usually join any game that says it's below like 80 in the server browser. The in-game ping is fucked, so dont bother paying attention to that.

Also, is there a CAG group for this or something? My friends basically hate this game now for some reason, so I'm looking for some people to play with that actually work as a team rather than try to be Rambo every game.

When I am in the server browser the ping doesn't show up. It's just a dash. Or so I am pretty sure, but I am not looking at now so I'm not 100% certain.

I'll play with you, I'm not that great, but I do know how the game works. My name is Doo Doo Drawers and if you have STEAM my name on their is RichMeisterMan.

bread's done
Back