Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Draekon']Ok, now that I have the game I went in and checked the in-game store. The Dr. Pepper stuff apparently won't be available until 03/18/2010 and will have five things that can be unlocked:

SPECACT Upgrade Bundle [4 kit specific uniforms and camo weapons]
SPECACT Assault Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M16A2]
SPECACT Engineer Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo UMP-45]
SPECACT Medic Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo MG3]
SPECACT Recon Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M95]

Also, says that the second map pack won't be available until 04/01/2010. And if you don't already know, it will include the maps Arica Harbor (Conquest) and Laguna Presa (Rush). So I guess they're just making it available in the other game mode rather than releasing new maps, heh.[/QUOTE]

Copying this over to the Dr Pepper Thread

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I heard this on gamefaqs that the dr pepper items will be up today or tomorrow and you can get them today or tomoorw if you have the dr pepper dlc codes

If not you can wait till the end of the month and buy them from the BFBC2 store

So basically you get them early and "free" if you use the dr pepper codes

BUT THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED[/QUOTE]

Knowing EA, that makes sense. The faq thread on the official battlefield forums said they were suppose to release yesterday. So I could totally see EA putting them up for sale in the coming weeks.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I'm currently playing the campaign. Not really impressed. It's kinda boring. I'm guessing the high ratings are bc of the mp.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, IGN's tagline for their review is "Same great formula, now with a solid single player game." so I was hoping for a good single player campaign.

[quote name='Astinus Majere']I don't know, IGN's tagline for their review is "Same great formula, now with a solid single player game." so I was hoping for a good single player campaign.[/QUOTE]

Well the problem is that you are reading IGN.

Watch the gametrailers review of it, it says the single player is as tired as a 70s knock of song, with nothing new or interesting to talk about.

But it does say that the MP is straight badass.

[quote name='jughead']Anyone having trouble getting into any games online?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask that question actually. I was able to play one game and now I can't get in. Servers down?

My friend was just having the same problem and couldn't get into a match for 15 minutes. Go try the single player..it's not THAT bad. The dialogue is humorous and there's lots of explosions =)

What a shitty day yesterday. My internet gets disconnected during a PM conversation with a fellow CAG, then my work keeps me until 12:45am, thus forcing me to miss the midnight release. FML. (haha)

Got my copy today though, and the internet is back up, so I'll be ready to rock come 11pm EST tonight.

can someone clarify what exactly the LE version has?

I know there's some codes for weapons/upgrades that you get during regular gameplay (just have to unlock it). However, I've been hearing things about dlc maps. Also I know that Gamestop has some exclusive 9that will be available for all in a few weeks).

So if I just get the regular version later on, will I miss out on anything that I'll have to pay for later (maps, etc)?

If you get the LE version you get a VIP Code that enables you to get the majority of DLC releases (map packs) at no extra cost.

If you wait and buy the regular version, you will have to pay the full price for all the DLC releases (map packs).

I'm fairly sure the LE means extra unlocks, and then any new version will get the VIP code...so the combination of a new LE means new maps & free unlocks.

ok thanks guys! time to cancel my preorder from Amazon and look for a cheaper price. only thing I want is the game new sealed and that VIP code (only started seeing that mentioned today)

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey has anyone had any luck unlocking VETERAN status to unlock the M1 Garand ??[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the process is slightly broken.

Go to http://veteran.battlefield.com/

login to your EA account. The site will update your status for each game you can prove you played online (some PC demos work as full versions as well).

Sadly 1943 doesn't work, also my number online shows 2, but 0 on the site.

Like I said, slightly broken

I don't if it's just me but the graphics look way better than the demo. It just looks...beautiful. Also, does it seem easier to kill people? Like less shots? I might be losing it too lol.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i just got kicked out and i cant connect to the ea server. lame.[/QUOTE]

Same...

[quote name='Pck21']I don't if it's just me but the graphics look way better than the demo. It just looks...beautiful. Also, does it seem easier to kill people? Like less shots? I might be losing it too lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am in LOVE with HardCore mode ( 1 shot kill with the sniper....EVERYTIME ) :bouncy:

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Yeah I am in LOVE with HardCore mode ( 1 shot kill with the sniper....EVERYTIME ) :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
snipers are for losers (stab in the back)

I just came in here to say that I'm looooooving this game. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet (got it mainly for the single player), but it's been an excellent experience so far. I figured that with such high expectations and never having played the first game I should be ready for a letdown, but luckily this isn't the case. I've been looking for an FPS with as gripping of a single player campaign as CoD4 and after the colossal letdown of MW2 I was really thinking that I wouldn't find another title with such an excellent balance of pacing and gameplay. I'm taking my time with BC2, but I've enjoyed every minute of it.

The only criticism that I have is that the checkpoints seem too far apart at times. If the game wasn't as fun as it is it'd probably bother me more.

Wow, so far my expectations has been surpassed. I knew I was going to like the multiplayer, but it actually feels and looks a lot better than the demo did. I'll have to get used to the layout of the maps to truly get the full MP experience though, given their size.

And the single player has pleasantly surprised me. Only played the first two levels of the campaign but consider me extremely interested. I'll probably end up beating it, which is a lot more than my initial assumption that I wouldn't even touch the campaign.

i'm confused about the secondary weapons on the tank and the UAV. sometimes i have the secondary MG, and sometimes nothing. i have the same specialization equipped (same one from demo) and never change it. what gives?

when do you unlock SPEC1 and SPEC2?

and dang, i thought they said weapon prefs were saved with each class so i could go out with an engineer/tracer or sniper/pistol without changing it.

I think I'm like 80% done with single player. It's definitely competent, and the set pieces are all there, but I just feel like it could use a little more connective tissue.

Should be online by tomorrow night (if I'm not playing MAG).

If anyone wants to add me on psn, my ID is : graln1K

[quote name='wowimsocute']i'm confused about the secondary weapons on the tank and the UAV. sometimes i have the secondary MG, and sometimes nothing. i have the same specialization equipped (same one from demo) and never change it. what gives?

when do you unlock SPEC1 and SPEC2?

and dang, i thought they said weapon prefs were saved with each class so i could go out with an engineer/tracer or sniper/pistol without changing it.[/QUOTE]

Under SPEC3 you should have the "alternate weapon package" (aka the icon with the bullets.) Same as the demo specialization.

Live is pissing me off...Can't connect to a MP game.

EDIT: FINALLY

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']good game hydro! we have to play again[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Even though we don't use mics to communicate I can pretty much tell what you're going to do -- and if I can't, I wait for you to go first. Haha!

If you cannot connect to a MP game, restart your xbox or go back to dashboard and re-boot the game. It took me awhile to get in a game with some fellow CAGinators, luckily they were patient enough to let me go about all this to get in a squad game with them.

Has anyone tried getting into a game with a full squad of four people? I had no trouble getting into games by myself but once we had four of us get into a lobby and search for a game, it searched for around five minutes with no avail. I personally found it pretty boring just playing in a squad of random people who never say a single word, so it would be great to have at least one person I know who talks. In the hour and a half or so I played by myself I never once heard anyone say a single word.

This is the best game maybe made so far in the history of games.

Multiplayer is beyond good and balanced

After playing till 7 a.m. with a buddy and a case of beer sold CoD6, like he said CoD6 is like playing a Freeroll now after playing $110 SnGs

I'm loving the game but it's so hard for me to get in a game with a lot of people. It's almost always like 3 on 4. Makes it pretty boring :cry:

[quote name='Fjordson']I'm loving the game but it's so hard for me to get in a game with a lot of people. It's almost always like 3 on 4. Makes it pretty boring :cry:[/QUOTE]

Probably everyone is still getting it so it's still trying to connect. I hope to pick it up in the next couple of months.

I had a lot of fun with this game last night. Some of the things that stood out for me...

1. Sound- This game's sound, by far, has been the best in any shooter I've played. You hear everything, even if it on the other side of the map. Speaking of which, does anyone know whats the difference between the the two audio settings HIFI and Home Theater? I just left mine on HIFI.

2. I definately like Rush Mode better than Conquest. Maybe it had to do with lack of communication, but it just felt like I was running base to base in Conquest

3. They seriously needed to open up a practice mode for the flying vehicles. First of all, it is hard enough to get in one. Second; when you finally do, your a flaming pinball. I was really good a using choppers in BF2 on PC, but the two sticks have really thrown me off.

4. It is really nice starting out w/ 3 packs of C4 as a sniper.

Had some fun myself with the game yesterday. Mostly only played Squad Deathmatch, and some Squad Rush. I kept getting sent back to the Dashboard trying to connect to the other matches. If anyone wants to add me, I'll probably be on tonight at 7~8PM CST and I have a Mic. I'm looking for a team to communicate with as well, cause NOBODY is talking so far.

Also if anyone has an extra Dr. Pepper code, I wouldn't mind taking one off your hands! :D Cheers and see some of you tonight hopefully? :D

I really enjoy resurrecting the shit out of people when I'm on offense during Rush. I don't know why, but I do. Get an assload of points that way too. Hopefully nobody gets overly angry at me for doing it and more assault people will start throwing down ammo soon too.

EDIT: Maybe somebody should start a CAG BC2 tag to gather people to play with.

[quote name='Draekon']I really enjoy resurrecting the shit out of people when I'm on offense during Rush. I don't know why, but I do. Get an assload of points that way too. Hopefully nobody gets overly angry at me for doing it and more assault people will start throwing down ammo soon too.

EDIT: Maybe somebody should start a CAG BC2 tag to gather people to play with.[/QUOTE]

Already did , yesterday ( sadly to make it easier for people not to get confused it is PS3 onlu )
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254030

[quote name='jughead']I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but how do you get a dp code and what does it give you?[/QUOTE]

Dr. Pepper Codes give:

SPECACT Upgrade Bundle [4 kit specific uniforms and camo weapons]
SPECACT Assault Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M16A2]
SPECACT Engineer Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo UMP-45]
SPECACT Medic Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo MG3]
SPECACT Recon Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M95]

They should be obtainable through (Don't think they're up yet): http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/

The in-game store shows they should be available to "buy" on 03/18. We don't know if that's when you can use the Dr. Pepper codes or if that's when EA plans to make them available to purchase or even both.

EDIT: Made a couple changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a 360 one 2 I guess.

I need more practice in this game, I ain't very good. Highlight of last night was jumping in a helicopter with someone, that was awesome.

The single plyer isn't too bad actually.

bread's done
Back