Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

For fans of Dice's games, you will be somewhat rewarded in the new Medal of Honor. Those that have played a "new copy" (ie, you entered a VIP code) of Bad Company 2 will get automatic access to the M24 in MoH.

can someone help me out/answer

I got an elite back from repair center. I have yet to play BFBC2 (or any ea game). I made an EA account and used the Dr Pepper promo to get the 4 dlc kits. Now do I need to use the vip code for these kits to download. also how does EA dlc work since I didn't buy these kits via msp or used a 25 character xbox code. my main concern is drm issues, especially if I might get another 360 down the line

The Dr. Pepper "DLC" kits are really like unlock codes. They are tied to your Gamertag, and once you get them, the kits are unlocked next time you play BC2. So, there wouldn't be a DRM issue.

okay thanks. I'm guessing since games are on servers map packs don't have to be dl (in ref to the vip maps and future ones). does one have to be connected to LIVE to play any map/mode they want?

[quote name='jedi_dad']I have 18 Dr. Pepper caps to give away if anyone needs codes for the DLC.[/QUOTE]I would also appreciate receiving one if you have some left over still. Thank you.

There's something wrong with my Dr. Pepper account. The caps I entered and didn't claim a prize on refuse to let me claim a prize now. They've disappeared from my account, and then when I try to re-enter the codes, it tells me they've already been redeemed. I've got an email off to them, but I'm not hopeful. Out of the 4 caps I had, I got 1 of the DLC packs, and that's it.

Oh well...I've not had much time to play recently anyways.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I would also appreciate receiving one if you have some left over still. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

I have 11 codes left.

[quote name='lordopus99']boy the games recently have been extra laggy... I wonder what has changed. Today I saw frame jumping :roll:[/QUOTE]

I havent played this game at all recently because of this.

I'll take a code if anyone has some left. I tried to get some through Dr Pepper but couldn't figure out what I needed to do. My Ea gamertag wasn't connected to my XBL gamertag or something. I gave up.

[quote name='lordopus99']boy the games recently have been extra laggy... I wonder what has changed. Today I saw frame jumping :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']I havent played this game at all recently because of this.[/QUOTE]

Last time I played, it was pretty laggy, especially when I was zooming in. I was also having a hell of a time getting into a game. I was either getting booted back to the menu or, worse, to the dashboard. And this was happening a lot.

I was playing last night and was only put in with really high ranking people around 30-50 (I am only a 13)... especially this one guy named redbear... if anyone gets his tags I'll owe you one. It really is difficult to do anything successful when you are stuck in a lopsided room.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Last time I played, it was pretty laggy, especially when I was zooming in. I was also having a hell of a time getting into a game. I was either getting booted back to the menu or, worse, to the dashboard. And this was happening a lot.[/QUOTE]

I really hope it's not going the way of 1943, man that game can be a p.i.t.a. to get a game going sometime. Which was odd because the demo would always work perfectly.

[quote name='faceturd']I was playing last night and was only put in with really high ranking people around 30-50 (I am only a 13)... especially this one guy named redbear... if anyone gets his tags I'll owe you one. It really is difficult to do anything successful when you are stuck in a lopsided room.[/QUOTE]

It definitely sucks when you're in a room against a team that has a squad or two of guys who are friends or in a clan or whatever. Geez. At that point, I just bounce and find something a little more even.

Here's a code, just post when you use it.

L7KVVAMJSKS6 code used

That's two 'V's in a row, not a 'W'.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I just bounce and find something a little more even.[/QUOTE]

I get this chip on my shoulder to go after higher ranks in situations like that. There is some real satisfaction when you take them down. MW2 started that craze in me and helped me get better, but in BF2 its just really hard and potentially not even beneficial because of the team aspects (both an advantage to your opponent and a detriment when you don't have it, its like a double negative). Makes it real difficult to make any progress.

Tonight I also had some really bad issues trying to get around corners and through blown out walls. It would continually drop me back inside the house running into a wall right next to my intended exit. Is this simply lag because I usually don't experience any on my university connection?

Yeah the past two days I keep getting dominated by guys in their 30's. Their stupid weapon upgrades seem to one-shot me. I am 15.

Maybe the matchmaking isn't working, but it's not as fun now, to be playing against those types.

BTW, I have 20 codes if anyone needs.

[quote name='SteveGo']Here's a code, just post when you use it.

L7KVVAMJSKS6

That's two 'V's in a row, not a 'W'.[/QUOTE]

Yo i just tried to use the code. it says its been used already

So anyone want to set up another Sunday night boosting session? I don't play the game anymore, but I still want to get the Demolition Man achievement. 985 is disturbing me for no apparent reason

I might be interested. I still need the demo one and the one about getting knife kills on friend. I also need the helicopter road kill one, but that's just because I never bother using them. That I can get on my own, but I doubt I will pick up the other two without help. The demo one is a pain, because I rarely play as recon, and that seems to be the best class to get it legitimately. I think I have like one demo kill this whole time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I might be interested. I still need the demo one and the one about getting knife kills on friend. I also need the helicopter road kill one, but that's just because I never bother using them. That I can get on my own, but I doubt I will pick up the other two without help. The demo one is a pain, because I rarely play as recon, and that seems to be the best class to get it legitimately. I think I have like one demo kill this whole time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was unable to get the Demo Man cheesemint during the first session, due to my crappy work schedule. It's still crappy, but I will be able to play Sunday night around 10pm Central Time.

I need people to play with!

I love this game but I'm sick of running solo and getting stuck with bad PUG squads. #-o

Please feel free to add me. I bounce between playing Engineer and Medic, my favorite modes are Rush and Squad DM. Check my stats below, purely obtained playing alone:

[quote name='BloodAC']I need people to play with!

I love this game but I'm sick of running solo and getting stuck with bad PUG squads. #-o

Please feel free to add me. I bounce between playing Engineer and Medic, my favorite modes are Rush and Squad DM. Check my stats below, purely obtained playing alone:

[/QUOTE]

Added.

I'm really tempted to get rid of this game. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the style of game that EA is going for and I love it. However, the gameplay glitches are getting ridiculous.

1) Slow servers, I'm sure everyones had the frames skip around on them
2) The reload twice glitch
3) I shot my sniper rifle but in reality I never did fire it glitch
4) The stupid C4 glitch where you can't freaking detonate the god damn C4

These things keep piling on and I don't think I can continue to ignore them.

Yeah I agree about the glitches. The servers suck too very choppy frame rate sometimes. I cant get mad tho I've been a heavy cod fan for awhile and I just need something new from mw2.
Im down for the sunday boosting thing too
add me

these are my stats.

Feel free to add me also, CAGmates.

Haven't been able to play much multiplayer at all since I'm in the middle of getting internet installed, so I'm a solid level 3. ;) Or..2...or something.

But I'm a good teammate! :D It'd be nice to play with some fellow CAGs.

[quote name='chibamm']I'm really tempted to get rid of this game. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the style of game that EA is going for and I love it. However, the gameplay glitches are getting ridiculous.

1) Slow servers, I'm sure everyones had the frames skip around on them
2) The reload twice glitch
3) I shot my sniper rifle but in reality I never did fire it glitch
4) The stupid C4 glitch where you can't freaking detonate the god damn C4

These things keep piling on and I don't think I can continue to ignore them.[/QUOTE]

Outside of number 1, I personally have never experience any of the others and i have played alot. Number 1 is all server related. There seems to be a huge influx of MW2 players. A couple weeks back the server/lag issue wasn't all that bad. Now it is hit or miss... if we find it laggy, we just exit the current game and try our luck at getting on a different server. The only gameplay glitch that annoys me is the spotting issue (i.e. unable to spot guys who you hit select on).

[quote name='BloodAC']I need people to play with![/QUOTE]
Feel free to add me if you want. I normally play afternoons on EST.

Yeah, I never really had too many problems with those things. I never have had 2 and 3 happen to me, and 4 only happened to me before the game was even released and mainly on the PC version, at that. I would think those things would have happened to me though if it was a serious problem given I've put about 55-60 hours into the multiplayer. I can say that a patch is supposed to be coming really soon, so maybe that'll help.

Hey Guys

This is the first game I have ever done multiplayer online and I love it but it is near impossible to find anyone to join a squad with. I am a level 24 with all classes but Medic maxed out (though, I am not very good, just persistent). I have added maybe 3 "friends" from my sessions playing online but they never seem to accept invites to play. Most of the time I play Squad Rush and I know all those maps very well but I am open to playing whatever if I can get some people to play with, I don't know what the achievements are, really, but I am game for those, too. Generally, I am on weekday mornings from around 6am-noon (central) and the weekends. I would love some fellow CAGs to join me (fair warning: I am not that good)! XBL name: Test467

bread's done
Back