Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

Support role + a good chopper pilot= Battlefield ownage. Everytime we would get damaged we would repair with the support class.

I love this game more everyday. They obviously watched alot of combat footage from the Iraq war. Because this game emulates this footage pretty closely.

I will definitely get this game.

Just got done playing the single player and then about 10 matches of multi player.

The game is average average average. It didnt excite me at all. I dont think its a bad game....but its not good either just another random FPS that will get a boatload of follower just because.

I still dont get this gold crate thing.....it seems so pointless even though gold crate could be replaced with, take spot, blow up objective etc etc its something about the fact that they are gold crates that annoys me.

1 multiplayer mode out of the box means I am not even going to look to get this until they update it. That is just fucking lazy.

I like the bonuses you get for everything you do. But extremely hate the fact that you are forced into 5 classes and thats it.

The destructible buildings were cool but as I suspected in the world of online its kinda gay. Every game I played just had people blowing up buildings for the sake of blowing them up. Tank rolls up then spends 5 min just blowing up the building.

I know this isnt a good write up but damn...the game was just so average to me. No variety what so ever. Normally I would say..."Hey its just a demo more modes and such will be in the retail" but as we all know it wont be. I loved Battlefield Modern Combat for the PS2 I played it all the way up till EA actually shut down the servers. And at this moment I dont think Bad Company is as good as that game.

Ah well its not like it matters what anyone things anyway....a shitmillion will buy the game just because its the newest FPS.

I think the biggest key is voice communication with your squad. I was a little upset that you couldn't communicate with your whole team. But then worked very closely with my squad. I was forced to but it worked out really well. We stuck together, called out targets, and fought effectively together.

Theres a big difference between ranked and unranked games. People tend to work together in ranked games. Not always but a good percent of the time.

I agree that there are alot of flaws but the core game is good. It wont appeal to the masses. But for those that enjoy military themed online shooters this game will satisfy.

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']I think the biggest key is voice communication with your squad. I was a little upset that you couldn't communicate with your whole team. But then worked very closely with my squad. I was forced to but it worked out really well. We stuck together, called out targets, and fought effectively together.

Theres a big difference between ranked and unranked games. People tend to work together in ranked games. Not always but a good percent of the time.

I agree that there are alot of flaws but the core game is good. It wont appeal to the masses. But for those that enjoy military themed online shooters this game will satisfy.[/quote]

I think (hope) you'll see a lot more teamwork in the close quarters maps like Acension. Seems that Oasis gets so wide open that if you don't have an organized squad you spend most of the time alone.

The more time I spend playing this, the more I am starting to like it. Killing infantry with laser designator missiles is fun. Sometimes though, servers are unbearably laggy.

People just are giving the game enough time. Although I have been playing since Battlefield 2 MC and I am really good so that just might help

Is anyone having freezing problems? I can get through 1 or 2 two games before my 360 freezes. Ive tried clearing my cache and now Im redownloading it

I played the beta for it, and it had its problem, very laggy at times, but then I just played the demo and they seem to work out the lag problem (zero lag when I played) I enjoy Sniping in the game more so then Call of Duty and demolotion of buildings is awesome.....needless to say Im picking this up at noon today :)

Who else is getting this

[quote name='slickkill77']Is anyone having freezing problems? I can get through 1 or 2 two games before my 360 freezes. Ive tried clearing my cache and now Im redownloading it[/quote]

Mine was doing that on the beta, I havent gotten the full version yet so Im not rerally sure if it was a bad download or not. I really hope the full version doesnt have the same problem because its really annoying.

I hate the single player demo, but had fun in the
multiplayer, so im thinking about getting it.
dont know how many of my COD4 crew are though :whistle2:k

[quote name='Khondor']I hate the single player demo, but had fun in the
dont know how many of my COD4 crew are though :whistle2:k[/quote]

From what I've read the SP is supposed to be a lot better than the demo lets on.

I preordered on amazon since I had a GC and would get $10 of it back. So I won't be seeing it for a few days...

I didn't mind the single player on the demo, but the multiplayer was pretty awesome anyway.

ahhh :X

i'm downloading the demo for PS3, and i'll give the multiplayer demo i guess, a chance :/

game just seems to childish, and like a cheap wanna be CoD4.

[quote name='SpazX']I preordered on amazon since I had a GC and would get $10 of it back. So I won't be seeing it for a few days...

I didn't mind the single player on the demo, but the multiplayer was pretty awesome anyway.[/quote]

yeah i went through Amazon. even with Prime, i opted for free 2 day shipping instead of $3.99 overnight. it'll come on thursday. i need to finish up a game or two before this comes.

During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

2bwh8m.png

(I loved the single player, and, after I wrote my diatribe, wound up playing the online multiplayer a ton. I don't know what's wrong with me. :oops:)

[quote name='Blood Covenent']
ahhh :X

i'm downloading the demo for PS3, and i'll give the multiplayer demo i guess, a chance :/

game just seems to childish, and like a cheap wanna be CoD4.
[/QUOTE]

A cheap wanna be COD4..? It's the other way around, COD4 is a cheap wanna be of Battlefield 2 for the PC.

Battlefield 2 did modern combat and unlockables WAY before COD4. Run n' gun FTL.

[quote name='seththefallen']I'm allergic to generic fps games so I'm not going to spend $60 on it.[/quote]

Unfortunately for you, BF series is anything but a generic FPS game... and BF:BC has a lil more than what previous BF games had. BF is about teamplay more than most FPS titles with the ability to man choppers, tanks, humvees, buggies, turrets, artillery and more all while having destructible environments. I played previous BF titles but BF2 on PC for me was the cream of the crop. I didn't like modern combat but didn't play too much of it. If BF:BC is as good as I'm hoping and carries the BF name, it'll be excellent and you'll be missing out. Remember, don't think run n gun

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How's the SP for this game...does it offer local Co-op? Is the demo SP or MP?[/quote]

The demo features a nice single-player prologue and multiplayer. However, the game does not feature any sort of co-op, which will be a bummer for some.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']A cheap wanna be COD4..? It's the other way around, COD4 is a cheap wanna be of Battlefield 2 for the PC.

Battlefield 2 did modern combat and unlockables WAY before COD4. Run n' gun FTL.[/quote]

yea, i played battlefield 2, way before i played call of duty 4. the game was unimpressive.

the reason why call of duty 4 went to Modern Warfare, is because infinity ward knew, that everyone has been played about 50 WWII games, and they wanted a change. CoD4, was an outstanding idea, and the Online play is fantastic. you get to create your own classes, and in BF:2, you couldn't do that. the Perks system in CoD4 is so original.

and, bad company just seems childish.... i mean... they men playing rocks, paper, scissors, shoot...? why??

[quote name='Blood Covenent']yea, i played battlefield 2, way before i played call of duty 4. the game was unimpressive.

the reason why call of duty 4 went to Modern Warfare, is because infinity ward knew, that everyone has been played about 50 WWII games, and they wanted a change. CoD4, was an outstanding idea, and the Online play is fantastic. you get to create your own classes, and in BF:2, you couldn't do that. the Perks system in CoD4 is so original.

and, bad company just seems childish.... i mean... they men playing rocks, paper, scissors, shoot...? why??
[/quote]

I agree with your thoughts on COD4 (this game is FPS heaven) but I strongly disagree with your thoughts on battlefield: Bad Company, I own this game for 360 and it feels 100% different then COD4, it is Awesome, very opened battlefields, polished to the T, and numerouse vehicle, do not miss out on this game

[quote name='Poor2More']I agree with your thoughts on COD4 (this game is FPS heaven) but I strongly disagree with your thoughts on battlefield: Bad Company, I own this game for 360 and it feels 100% different then COD4, it is Awesome, very opened battlefields, polished to the T, and numerouse vehicle, do not miss out on this game[/quote]
i agree that it opens up the battle field, which is nice, but there are other things that i do not like in it. I played the multiplayer an hour ago, and i snipped at least 12 people, in the face, and no one died.

as for vehicles... have you ever played Unreal Tournament 2003? it was tight, a sick game. Did you play Unreal Tournament 2004? it was awful. the difference between these games, were vehicles, UT 2003, did not have any, as 2004 did. And the vehicles ruined the game. in my opinion, vehicles do not belong in multi player games, unless it is a racing game.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']i agree that it opens up the battle field, which is nice, but there are other things that i do not like in it. I played the multiplayer an hour ago, and i snipped at least 12 people, in the face, and no one died.

as for vehicles... have you ever played Unreal Tournament 2003? it was tight, a sick game. Did you play Unreal Tournament 2004? it was awful. the difference between these games, were vehicles, UT 2003, did not have any, as 2004 did. And the vehicles ruined the game. in my opinion, vehicles do not belong in multi player games, unless it is a racing game.
[/quote]

I hated vehicles in UT2004 also, The vehicle fit very well in Battlefield, have I ever used one? Nope, I like to be strategic and walk along the river to the enemies base and set up shop, snipe a few, call a mortar strike, this game is endless in strategy

[quote name='Poor2More']I hated vehicles in UT2004 also, The vehicle fit very well in Battlefield, have I ever used one? Nope, I like to be strategic and walk along the river to the enemies base and set up shop, snipe a few, call a mortar strike, this game is endless in strategy[/quote]
well, thats cool for you, i guess i'm just going to be sticking to call of duty 4, until call of duty 6 comes out.

[quote name='chasemurata']The demo features a nice single-player prologue and multiplayer. However, the game does not feature any sort of co-op, which will be a bummer for some.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. I'll have to download that tonight.

A primary complaint I had while playing the demo was that team killing was not punished. They seem to have fixed that recently, as I played the demo again, tested out team killing, and was kicked from the game. I suppose this is a credit to hosted servers? Perhaps, shock, some sort of competence and understanding how broken their system was? I'll be testing it out again, to see if it just wasn't some random accident.

Their new team killing detection protocol is still in order. I tested it by first consecutively killing my teammates, and was soon booted. After that, I alternated team kills with enemy kills, and was also booted. I believe there is a set number of team kills allowed per match until a player is booted. My first test with consecutive team kills ended with six team kills. I forgot to count my team kills with my second test, but I think it was around the same number. Also, team kills do not count as deaths to the person killed or in the victim's score. The only person affected is the team killer, who gets points subtracted from their score and can even go into negatives.

Also, Blood Covenant, the developers for Bad Company lowered target accuracy and spread damage with explosives for the sake of gameplay. Now, I feel the specialty class's primary weapon is a bit too potent in comparison to the assault rifles, but this may just be my opinion.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']yea, i played battlefield 2, way before i played call of duty 4. the game was unimpressive.

[/QUOTE]

I agree COD4's ability to create classes is better than BF Bad Company's classes which it can be frustrating in that I want a pistol regardless of class & I think the "support" class should have a limited amount of med packs but I dis-like the "perk" system in COD4 though it's okay in some ways. Last stand & martyrdom is plainly for noobs, Deep Impact is to powerful and a make up for non-destructible enviroments , the rest (Juggernaut & etc) are just for leveling out the competition by making average players better against hardcore players who usually do not use those.

I love this game! I have only been through a few missions but it is fricking hilarious! The Writing in this game is suburb, and the graphics are beautiful!

[quote name='Blood Covenent']i agree that it opens up the battle field, which is nice, but there are other things that i do not like in it. I played the multiplayer an hour ago, and i snipped at least 12 people, in the face, and no one died.

[/QUOTE]

Are you being serious? UT2003 was a complete utter JOKE compared to UT2004. 2004 added a TON more content that 2003 was completely lacking, such as the assault gameplay. UT2003 was a disgrace to the Unreal Tournament name, and 2004 revived that.

What are you talking about vehicle wise..? UT2004 only allowed vehicles in the vehicle CTF, assault, and onslaught gamemodes.. the rest were infantry only. And if you think vehicles ruined the game.. why was it UT2003 died, but UT2004 is still going strong today?

I personally believe vehicles add a lot to the game, and make the multiplayer experience that much better.. when all you can do is run, stop, and shoot.. it gets insanely boring. That may have been fun in the early to late 90's, but nowadays variety is key.

But I guess if you found Battlefield 2 "umimpressive".. I guess Call of Duty 4 would be the best thing since sliced bread.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Are you being serious? UT2003 was a complete utter JOKE compared to UT2004. 2004 added a TON more content that 2003 was completely lacking, such as the assault gameplay. UT2003 was a disgrace to the Unreal Tournament name, and 2004 revived that.

What are you talking about vehicle wise..? UT2004 only allowed vehicles in the vehicle CTF, assault, and onslaught gamemodes.. the rest were infantry only. And if you think vehicles ruined the game.. why was it UT2003 died, but UT2004 is still going strong today?

I personally believe vehicles add a lot to the game, and make the multiplayer experience that much better.. when all you can do is run, stop, and shoot.. it gets insanely boring. That may have been fun in the early to late 90's, but nowadays variety is key.

But I guess if you found Battlefield 2 "umimpressive".. I guess Call of Duty 4 would be the best thing since sliced bread.[/quote]

hey, that was just my opinion, i still play UT 2003 with some friends. we just don't like UT 2004, thats all.

[quote name='wowimsocute']when i had played the demo a few weeks ago, there would sometimes be unbearable lag. is it all gone now?[/quote]

I didn't get much lag in the demo. I can remember once or twice it lagged, but it was for a very short time and not very often.

Super saver shipping means amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet....

I think people want this game to be the "next" Call of Duty 4, but that's not going to be the case. The games are very different but also share some similarities. Battlefield capitalizes on the idea of blowing shit up and having fun while doing it. See CoD4 was all about what many would call "skill", while I am not knocking BFBC for its lack there of, but you can get the best sniper in less than a night. Unlike in CoD4, where the Barret took a while to achieve. BFBC is a great title, just don't pick it up expecting "CoD5."

[quote name='TastyMouthful']I think people want this game to be the "next" Call of Duty 4, but that's not going to be the case.[/quote]

Call of Doody 4 maybe. The game's okay, but it's got a lot of sloppy parts and some insanely retarded decisions by DICE. The fucked up controls are what I can't stand at the moment.

EA/DICE even fucked up the Find All Five already. Sniper codes are unlocking the M60 support weapon instead...or nothing at all if you already earned the M60. And, what a surprise, there's ZERO activity from any EA or DICE reps on the official boards. Typical, same thing happened with Modern Combat after that had a clusterfuck release. Plenty of mods around hyping the game, but they all ran for the hills when the game was released and left like one guy behind to do damage control and promise patches and/or specific fixes that never came.

Personally, I Usually play a game through the Single Player first. This is the first game where i just hopped into the multi player and I Love every moment of it. I usually play either sniper or demolition. I love how i can take what ever tactic i want to destroying crates or guarding them.

bread's done
Back