Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

I had a great time playing the demo but I think I will probably pick up CoD 4 used before I get this simply because most of the people on my friends list are playing CoD 4.

My biggest problem with the controls was the forward/reverse for the vehicles. I'm used to it now though because of the demo.

At least my amazon order now says "shipping soon" :cry:

[quote name='SpazX']My biggest problem with the controls was the forward/reverse for the vehicles. I'm used to it now though because of the demo.

At least my amazon order now says "shipping soon" :cry:[/quote]

Actually you are right there. Those controls are confusing. But after awhile u really get use to them.

The only problem I had with vehicle controls was with the chopper. I logged in a lot of time with the demo, and never understood the chopper's delicate controls. However, I suppose it's a good balance. If it were easier, people would abuse it, as the chopper is pretty damn difficult to destroy.

[quote name='slickkill77']Whats the problem your having with the controls?[/quote]

Run with L3, crouch with R3, brake on LB, gas on LT (which is brake in any other game), melee on Y but is a toggle instead of a single action. Should I go on?

EDIT: Okay, I really don't need to go on. That about sums it all up.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']brake on LB, gas on LT (which is brake in any other game)[/quote]

i automatically think RT for accelerate and LT to brake, so i was confused at first. but using Type 1 controls, i started using A to accelerate and LB to brake. see if that helps any.

beat the first SP mission on Hard and didn't get an achievement for the campaign on Normal, only for Hard. just a heads up.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Run with L3, crouch with R3, brake on LB, gas on LT (which is brake in any other game), melee on Y but is a toggle instead of a single action. Should I go on?

EDIT: Okay, I really don't need to go on. That about sums it all up.[/quote]

PS3? If not whats the problem with sprinting being left stick click? Or crouch on right stick click? Thats what it is in a lot of games. And is it really that hard to press LT to go forward. You seem to be complaining about anything you can

No, 360.

Sprint on L3 is, and always has been, foolish. You're tilting a stick forward to move and then having to press it down (ie: unintentionally back towards you sometimes). It's a decision that goes against even the most basic ergonomics. And R3 is typically something like scope view in a lot of games, not crouch. L3 is typically crouch.

Well, with Melee, you do knife once when you press the button. It just leaves the knife out for whatever reason. And having to hold the left stick down to run is stupid. I wish it were like COD4 where you just had to click it and you would run until the stick went to the neutral position.

Just an F.Y.I to avoid some backtracking for cheesemints, the white "x" on your map are probable locations of collectables, and weapons you pick up off enemies can be collectables.

[quote name='moojuice']Just an F.Y.I to avoid some backtracking for cheesemints, the white "x" on your map are probable locations of collectables, and weapons you pick up off enemies can be collectables.[/quote]

true. "probable" is a very good way to describe it. sometimes they're gadgets necessary to complete an objective. but each X is worth checking out.

is gold marked on the map in the same way?

Dunno if it's been mentioned, haven't checked the thread, but the power tool really is a power tool. You can knock down trees, power lines, blow walls up and I even took out a tank with the power tool. It's a bit ridiculous.

[quote name='typeRJ']true. "probable" is a very good way to describe it. sometimes they're gadgets necessary to complete an objective. but each X is worth checking out.

is gold marked on the map in the same way?[/quote]
IIRC, Yes.

[quote name='Scorch']Dunno if it's been mentioned, haven't checked the thread, but the power tool really is a power tool. You can knock down trees, power lines, blow walls up and I even took out a tank with the power tool. It's a bit ridiculous.[/quote]

woah had no idea about that, thanks

[quote name='lbradeen']woah had no idea about that, thanks[/quote]

Yeah, in the demo, I wanted a hole in the wall.. decided to try the power tool.. bam, hole in the wall. A tank was coming and they told me to find the RPG. I ran up to the tank, crouched beside it and used the tool until it exploded. I used the tool again after it exploded and it exploded again and flew through the air. I actually think the power tool is the most powerful weapon in the game, lol.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, in the demo, I wanted a hole in the wall.. decided to try the power tool.. bam, hole in the wall. A tank was coming and they told me to find the RPG. I ran up to the tank, crouched beside it and used the tool until it exploded. I used the tool again after it exploded and it exploded again and flew through the air. I actually think the power tool is the most powerful weapon in the game, lol.[/QUOTE]

well, it is called a POWER Tool :lol:

[quote name='Khondor']well, it is called a POWER Tool :lol:[/quote]

but the real question is...can you kill someone with the power tool?

My preorder at Blockbuster finally came in today and I'm having even more fun playing the full game than I was the demo! I went to Gamestop and Best Buy to see if I could score a preorder box with a Sniper Rifle code but Gamestop was out and the guy in the electronics section of Best Buy said I had to buy the game to get the preorder box (calling shenanigans on that guy). So does anyone happen to have an extra preorder code available? I'll probably try the guys at my local Gamecrazy if I can't find one, but if that fails I'm out of options until it becomes DLC. sigh.

Does anybody have a extra Sniper Pre Order Code? Thats the only gun i need from the Find All Five. If anybody could help out, It would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Does anybody have a extra Sniper Pre Order Code? Thats the only gun i need from the Find All Five. If anybody could help out, It would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

Ditto. :D

I could use a sniper code too if anybody has extras they can't use. My code was borked and it tries to unlock the already unlocked M60.

There's people over at GameFAQs occasionally giving sniper codes away if you all want to try there, only they always ask you to post your e-mail and that's just an invitation for spam. If someone wants my M60 code I'll PM it to them. Just let me know. Hopefully it's still marked as an unclaimed code. EDIT: bill123, I sent it to you via PM.

Okay, I bought it.

SHUT UP DONT JUDGE ME

:oops: :oops: :oops:

(I played the demo so much [see: more than 7000 points worth] that I figured I might as well buy the full game. 'Cause, ya know, I... dare I say it... grew to enjoy the game.)

[/losesallcredibilityasareviewer]

*flees*

[quote name='chasemurata']Okay, I bought it.

SHUT UP DONT JUDGE ME

:oops: :oops: :oops:

(I played the demo so much [see: more than 7000 points worth] that I figured I might as well buy the full game. 'Cause, ya know, I... dare I say it... grew to enjoy the game.)

[/losesallcredibilityasareviewer]

*flees*[/QUOTE]

For the love of God Man, Get back in there and FIGHT....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:twoguns:

see you on the battlefield

[quote name='Maynard']I need a sniper code if anyone has one and how do you get the M60?[/quote]
You just have to sign up for their newsletter. findallfive.com Got beat to it >_<

And for the "Play the Demo" unlock, you can still get it by getting max rank (rank 4) in the demo.

[quote name='Khondor']For the love of God Man, Get back in there and FIGHT....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:twoguns:

see you on the battlefield[/quote]

dude, you are getting so many games, when are we going to play MGO >.<

(well, if i knew how to invite people, it would deffinatly help :X)

I adjusted to their knifing system, which is oddly less bothersome once you remember its assignment (Y-button) and range. Knifing has become an afterthought. It is satisfying to sneak around a sniper, and swiftly expose their cerebellum.

I must say, I find Bad Company to be surprisingly balanced and strategic. Teamwork is also heavily utilized - and needed.

This is one case where the demo fails to capture the essence of the full game. The demo is a nice introduction, but with all the bells and whistles (and stats), this game is very enjoyable.

The best part about stats in this game is all but maybe a couple awards can be achieved by a moderately skilled player. Not like Warhawk and its sometimes outrageous requirements and needless grinding.

I neither played Warhawk nor own a PS3, so I can't contribute anything to your discussion, Crunch.

I completed the single-player Story mode on Normal. It was challenging, but didn't cross the line to tedious. In fact, it was fun. There are a few parts at the end that would be pretty difficult on Hard.

This game has personality - which can be seen during the cutscenes and heard in the banter between Sweetwater, Sarge, and Haggard during gameplay. I also dig the verbal pats on the back when you pick off enemies.

You have some freedom in the Story mode. During one of those difficult parts, I held the health injector in one hand, said screw you to my team, and ran over the mountains while praying for a nearby save point. Of course, that didn't work, and I was killed by that damn tank and chopper. However, luckily, Haggard used his trusty RPG, and rid us of the chopper. Luckily, I found us a tank and, while constantly repairing our tank, destroyed the tanks.

Some have criticized Bad Company for the game state the same prior to death during respawns. I don't share that opinion. If dead enemies also respawned during Normal and Easy play, I would grow quite tired of the game. The way Bad Company handles respawns is one thing I really like about the game. Plus, Hard mode features infinite enemies, and is quite difficult.

I'm playing the demo and maxed out to the 4th rank already, so clearly I like the multiplayer. The singleplayer on the other hand, I don't really care for to be honest. What do you think chasemurata? Should I pick this up anyways?

Just to give you guys a heads up, the achievements are not unlockable like Gears of War. You have to play through normal AND hard to get the respective achievements.

[quote name='Littlefields']I'm playing the demo and maxed out to the 4th rank already, so clearly I like the multiplayer. The singleplayer on the other hand, I don't really care for to be honest. What do you think chasemurata? Should I pick this up anyways?[/quote]

Well, I primarily enjoyed the multiplayer in the demo, so if you like the multiplayer in the demo, you'll fall in love with it in the full version in all its glory. I may just be a nerd but I dig the dog tag system. The dog tags are unique and come with a some stats about the person. Collecting dog tags is an achievement, but I also like having the ability to look back at all the people I knifed. It's sort of like how Predators keep the skulls of their foes. :D

I heard you have to use xbox live marketplace points to buy weapons is that true? If it is then this is the worst game ever.

[quote name='haloman21']I heard you have to use xbox live marketplace points to buy weapons is that true? If it is then this is the worst game ever.[/quote]
It was suppost to be exclusive weapons that you could only get from by buying them. But since everyone didn't seem to like the idea, they decided not to do it.

Alright I really love this game but it keeps telling me the disc is unreadable and taking me back to my dashboard. I checked the disc a minute ago and there's scratches all over it going in a circular direction. I have a feeling my 360 is scratching my discs. My 360 has been dropped upside down with a game disc spinning inside it in the past week, when I turned it back on I didn't get the red lights, but now that bad company, a brand new game, has scratches on it I think my 360 has a disc drive issue. My 360 has been mine since December of 2006. I'm guess I'm out of warranty for disc read errors?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']chase, what's the number on each tag mean? How many dog tags the person you killed had at the time you got theirs?[/quote]

I dunno. :oops: I just figured out, how when you play using the Support class, that the crosses are people who need health kits and the tool icon indicates vehicles that need repair. Fun stuff. Plus, you get bonuses for healing people and fixing things. Very neat. :bouncy:

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']Alright I really love this game but it keeps telling me the disc is unreadable and taking me back to my dashboard. I checked the disc a minute ago and there's scratches all over it going in a circular direction. I have a feeling my 360 is scratching my discs. My 360 has been dropped upside down with a game disc spinning inside it in the past week, when I turned it back on I didn't get the red lights, but now that bad company, a brand new game, has scratches on it I think my 360 has a disc drive issue. My 360 has been mine since December of 2006. I'm guess I'm out of warranty for disc read errors?[/quote]

Well? What the fuck do I do? I'm really really really pissed off right now. My 360 has ruined my Battlefield Bad Company disc and I dunno what to do about either situation, my 360 or my disc.

bread's done
Back