Battlefield: Bad Company

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Who's getting it? I tried the demo and thought it was decent...the aiming was a little fast compared to CoD4 but it's pretty good I think. I have the Gold Edition reserved, so I'll be picking this up for sure. Anyone else picking it up?

Just pre ordered the gold edition myself from bestbuy so I could get the unlock via preordering. Its a different game from COD4 so can't really compare them but its still fun.

Pre-ordered from Amazon with the $10 gift card deal. I did the beta test and thought it was pretty good. I'm not wild about FPS games on consoles (only play COD4 on PC), but I'll give it a shot.

I really enjoyed the demo. Ive been looking for a decent open battlefield 2 type game on console. i could try frontlines but i kinda got bored of the demo.

I preordered the regular version but after spending more time with the demo I'm probably going to upgrade to the gold edition.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I preordered the regular version but after spending more time with the demo I'm probably going to upgrade to the gold edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really HATE EA for doing this. Basically charging us 10$ more for 5 guns. But getting those 5 guns will give us an advantage because we can use those guns and spend the unlock points on other things such as the unique abilities for each class. (Healing thing for Assault and etc).

It seems like a novel story to me. But i couldnt aim at all in the demo.

They really need to start adding the option for KBM on more PS3 games.

Also guys, if you have both systems; this is another one of EAs which runs better on 360

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/searchdiary?word=*[Game Compare]

PS3

Anyway, if it supported KBM i might have bought it. But no KBM + making people pay for weapons which should be included in the game anyway = no buy

[quote name='TURBO']It seems like a novel story to me. But i couldnt aim at all in the demo.

They really need to start adding the option for KBM on more PS3 games.

Also guys, if you have both systems; this is another one of EAs which runs better on 360

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/searchdiary?word=*[Game Compare]

PS3

Anyway, if it supported KBM i might have bought it. But no KBM + making people pay for weapons which should be included in the game anyway = no buy[/quote]

I have to agree with the KBM statement. unreal tournament 3 to me kicks ass cause it supports this. I suck at fps with controllers but I can actually hold my own on ps3 version if i'm using KBM. as a side note i am originally a PC gamer turned console.
I have both systems and played both demos. xbox live kicks ass but controls seem really loose. less 12 year old chattering noobs on ps3.

I keep going back to playing the ps3 demo so i think thats the one i will buy unless i can talk my xbox friends into getting the game. the only thing they like playing is halo 3.

While I really enjoyed the demo (the gameplay was good, but I think I actually liked it more for the story), I don't see myself buying this at full price. Maybe after a $20 or so price drop I'll bite.

After a couple of plays, this game seems to generic to me. I'll skip this for now at least until it drops in price.

It was a really nice demo, graphics, gameplay, and everythingy...I just hope that the EA servers hold up because they have a bad reputation.

I hope alot of ps3 people get this since I decided to get that version. there seems to be more people interest over on the 360 side of these forums. I just like the controls better on ps3.

got the ps3 version from circuit city tonight
$40 bucks after my gift card from gta4 and the register lady was nice enough to just take $10 off in lieu of another gift card
Anyone have any of the codes to unlock shit?

[quote name='zakk']got the ps3 version from circuit city tonight
$40 bucks after my gift card from gta4 and the register lady was nice enough to just take $10 off in lieu of another gift card
Anyone have any of the codes to unlock shit?[/QUOTE]

Codes only work once. You can pretty much unlock them all except the pre-order if you visit their website.

Leveling up is pretty easy so unlocking stuff shouldn't be a problem. Played this all night last night. awesome and fun.

[quote name='dopehat']Codes only work once. You can pretty much unlock them all except the pre-order if you visit their website.[/quote]

So the extra $10 for the gold ed is pointless? You can still ge the same huns for free by going to the site? If this is true I will save the $10....

It did look pretty good, i might wait a little while for the price to go down lol.

Ricebo1....i love your HDDVD vs Bluray

[quote name='fuss']So the extra $10 for the gold ed is pointless? You can still ge the same huns for free by going to the site? If this is true I will save the $10....[/quote]

You can get the guns from the Gold Edition in the regular edition once you reach Level 25 in multiplayer. The guns you get for free on the site (they are different than the ones from the GE) can be gotten in both versions, but only through the site.

After playing the demo for a bit longer, I decided to bite and pre-ordered the GE at Amazon (just in time for the $10 gift card). I honestly wanted it more for the packaging and extra DVD content rather than to get the guns early, since they don't even seem that hard to get. I don't know how it works, but hopefully since I pre-ordered it from them I'll get the code for that. If I do, the only other code I would need is one for joining the BF Veteran program (though I have no idea how I'd get that since I've never owned a previous BF game).

Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the game? I really don't feel like downloading the demo because it takes too long. Thanks.

[quote name='JMEPO']Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the game? I really don't feel like downloading the demo because it takes too long. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Playing the demo of the game would be much better than going by someone else's word and buying it.

I'm really on the fence about this. The demo is pretty good - but I am not a huge FPS person. I never got into COD4 and traded my copy of resistance in. But gah... I want to get into FPS games. Should I jump on this or try COD4 again or wait to COD5? *sigh*

[quote name='fuss']I'm really on the fence about this. The demo is pretty good - but I am not a huge FPS person. I never got into COD4 and traded my copy of resistance in. But gah... I want to get into FPS games. Should I jump on this or try COD4 again or wait to COD5? *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I've been on the fence about this one too but I think I'm gonna hold off for right now. EA has a nasty habit of making me regret buying games around launch because of how often they price cut as little as 2 months after release. I'm thinking the game will easily be $40 by September-Octoberish.

[quote name='fuss']I'm really on the fence about this. The demo is pretty good - but I am not a huge FPS person. I never got into COD4 and traded my copy of resistance in. But gah... I want to get into FPS games. Should I jump on this or try COD4 again or wait to COD5? *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I really don't think that this is a good intro game into FPS shooters. Call of Duty 4 is much closer to what you might want, just far more polished and accessible, I think.

I gave in and bought one. If you have a headset, definately add me. I hate playing team based games online with no communication whatsoever, it kills the main purpose of TEAM BASED.

EDIT: Anybody got an extra Veteran Assault Rifle code? I'll trade the sniper code for it.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I gave in and bought one. If you have a headset, definately add me. I hate playing team based games online with no communication whatsoever, it kills the main purpose of TEAM BASED.

EDIT: Anybody got an extra Veteran Assault Rifle code? I'll trade the sniper code for it.[/quote]

I have been playing the crap out of this game. i'll add you tonight, as for codes i have one that got emailed to me but turns out to be the sniper rifle. i'm using the warhawk bluetooth headset that works ok but not great.

[quote name='mykee98']I have been playing the crap out of this game. i'll add you tonight, as for codes i have one that got emailed to me but turns out to be the sniper rifle. i'm using the warhawk bluetooth headset that works ok but not great.[/QUOTE]

Sweet...about time I get to start playing with people who talk lol. Sometimes I hate Sony for not equipping the PS3 with a cheap headset like MS does with the 360. And I finally got all 5 weapons...phew that was hard work. And only 3 out of 5 of them are pretty decent. I rank them in order from best to worst:

1. Uzi
2. Sniper
3. Auto Shotty
4. M60
5. F2000 (this gun blows)

Uzi and Sniper can easily be swapped depending on your class, but that's how I would rank them.

stuck at work right now...:bomb:

started out playing demolition exclusively but really like the assault class alot more. demolition is great for defending on certain maps (dont know the names) but people just roll in with tanks and BLAM!!! I get double kills by laying mines everywhere. the standard rifle/grenade combo kicks ass. I can take out snipers on rooftops from a fairly large distance with it.

I like the headset for the 360 also. I know sony included support for bluetooth but the one that comes with warhawk and most cheap b headsets sound like shite.

i have a old counterstrike plantronics headset that i might try again. it didn't work with sound coming out of the headset part and that bothered me since it covers both ears. i'll try again or just stick with the uncomfortable warhawk btooth.

Anyone here order BF:BC from Amazon and get their $10 Gift Card?

The game came a few days ago, but nothing came with it and haven't got an email regarding it either ...

If enough people want to play this online, I'd be more than happy to see this turn into a CAG night. Someone just has to say they want to be an administrator, and I'll help them get started. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If enough people want to play this online, I'd be more than happy to see this turn into a CAG night. Someone just has to say they want to be an administrator, and I'll help them get started. :)[/quote]

you can count me in for a cag night

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If enough people want to play this online, I'd be more than happy to see this turn into a CAG night. Someone just has to say they want to be an administrator, and I'll help them get started. :)[/QUOTE]

It would be hard...headset system is broken online :cry:

Just picked this up today since I saw on GAF that you could disable the camera bobble in options. Otherwise this game makes me a little motion sick. Can anybody confirm that you can turn that off?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']It would be hard...headset system is broken online :cry:[/QUOTE]Games don't need voicechat to have a CAG night (some games we don't talk). An administrator is someone who has a Battlefield CAG night thread and puts together the game nights.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Games don't need voicechat to have a CAG night (some games we don't talk). An administrator is someone who has a Battlefield CAG night thread and puts together the game nights.[/QUOTE]

But it would be nice lol

Picked this up at CC a week or so ago...the single player is a lot of fun but I suck at finding the gold bars. Either they're really well hidden or I'm not looking close enough.

I'll send friend requests to some of you that have been posting. I've only ventured online once and got my ass handed to me!

(I always use my headset...gave up on trying to get my BT to function reliably so I just use a USB set I got in trade.)

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Anyone here order BF:BC from Amazon and get their $10 Gift Card?

The game came a few days ago, but nothing came with it and haven't got an email regarding it either ...[/quote]

I didn't take advantage of this offer for Battlefield but I've done it in the past...the "gift card" code usually comes via email shortly after the game ships. You might want to email customer service, if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']I didn't take advantage of this offer for Battlefield but I've done it in the past...the "gift card" code usually comes via email shortly after the game ships. You might want to email customer service, if you haven't already.[/quote]

Thanks. I did, and got me some extra cash.

I haven't even opened this yet. :cry: To many darn games. I'll try and get into it soon though.

Are people using USB headsets having headset problems too? I'm thinking now it might just be BT users...which sucks!

Glad they are working on a fix though so that's good to know.

[quote name='snakelda']Is this game good? COD 4 good?[/QUOTE]

I think it is...it's kind of like CoD4's little brother in a way, but it does do some things CoD4 can't. For instance, I like how the game's environments are fully destructible, giving you access through buildings/walls anyway you'd like. And the fact that it has vehicles is just awesome. Only downside to it is that communication seems dull right now, since EA and Sony are working on a fix for the headsets. But I thought it was well worth the $60 I paid for it.

I liked the demo a lot, and i definately enjoy blowing the shit out of things.
So I'll probably pick it up on Gamestop with some trade ins.

My buddy and I are both using USB mics and are still having major problems as well. Hopefully they solve this soon.

Really liked the demo, and the online portion. I played online and won a game, but didn't get any points. Did I have to play in a ranked match to earn points?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I think it is...it's kind of like CoD4's little brother in a way, but it does do some things CoD4 can't. For instance, I like how the game's environments are fully destructible, giving you access through buildings/walls anyway you'd like. And the fact that it has vehicles is just awesome. Only downside to it is that communication seems dull right now, since EA and Sony are working on a fix for the headsets. But I thought it was well worth the $60 I paid for it.[/quote]

You can't really compare this to COD4. They're very, very different games. COD4 is your classic DM with shooting that just feels amazingly great. BF can't rely on it's shooting at all (The guns feel weak and entirely random at times), but the variety in everything you can do can't be beat if you're willing to learn the ins and outs. Shooting in BF is almost secondary if you're good at your kit. If you just want to COD it and run and gun, you're probably gonna get frustrated pretty quick (Though there are a couple of maps that allow for some decent gunplay).

In short, you'll be kinda disappointed if you go into it thinking its just COD with stuff that blows up.

bread's done
Back