Battlefield: BC $19.99 (360/PS3) online & in-store (PS3 in-store only)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']The ps3 version is still pretty damn active, Id assume the 360 version is active too. Why not more than 20? If you only play singleplayer than yea, but I just bought it for 30 before christmas and I have had more fun with it than World at War. Granted I play mostly online though.[/quote]

i'm just extremely frugal when it comes to recent games. most games imo don't have enough content to justify $60, or even $40.

[quote name='agentofdoom']i'm just extremely frugal when it comes to recent games. most games imo don't have enough content to justify $60, or even $40.[/quote]

agree 100% with this statement...

Went to two stores, no new copies of either, 3rd store had one of each at both picked up the PS3, the manager told me that next week the used goes down also, probably $17, I wanted the new no stores had PS3 used anyways.

Tempting, but I've put myself on restriction until I play some of the games I have already without adding to the backlog-unless it's something earth shattering.

wait, so is this a temporary price drop for new that ends 01/08/09?, like someone said, or is it permanent and the used price will drop?

$20 is a deal for me. I will get CC to price match. Does anyody know if Walmart will pricematch a videogame (friend works there can get discount maybe)?

[quote name='dcswirl']Tempting, but I've put myself on restriction until I play some of the games I have already without adding to the backlog-unless it's something earth shattering.[/quote]

I hear you :D
I still have Gears 2, Sonic Unleashed, GH:WT, and CoD:WaW to finish..and I haven't even opened the last 2 D:

[quote name='serenitygod']$20 is a deal for me. I will get CC to price match. Does anyody know if Walmart will pricematch a videogame (friend works there can get discount maybe)?[/quote]

They price match any item, including video games.

Thanks! I played the online demo a few months ago and it was awesome. Was waiting for it to drop under $20. Ordered it with Space Invaders Extreme for the PSP 9.99 used code SAVER and got free shipping.

on the ad it says that the deal ends on the 8th if that helps vic......but it could just be them trying to sell them so people dont feel they can wait.....who knows with gamestop

Picked up a copy yesterday evening for the 360, played through the first campaign. It was a blast, the humor had me rolling. I will busy for awhile, since my copy of COD WaW came in from BB yesterday as well. :D

Totally recommended. I really don't care for the way they added Conquest into the game; the maps are far too small (mostly chopped down versions of other levels). Gold Rush is awesome, though.

I preferred the conquest mode from BF:Modern Combat on the 360; it had large levels and felt like the large PC levels.

I've had my eye on a good drop for this, but I'm slammed with games right now. If the used price drops to $17.99 and they run another PS3 20% off coupon, then that's my price - I can swing $12.59. :)

Picked this up at Circuit City today, with the intent that I will go back tomorrow to price match and get an additional 10% back. It was marked as $39.99, but it rang up as $29.99. Probably not worth the hassle for an extra $1 off, but I've already started down this path.

[quote name='flix1']Picked this up at Circuit City today, with the intent that I will go back tomorrow to price match and get an additional 10% back. It was marked as $39.99, but it rang up as $29.99. Probably not worth the hassle for an extra $1 off, but I've already started down this path.[/quote]
The gas and time is worth more, unless you're in the area... I hear employees get a kick out of people who drive back to get $1 off and such.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The gas and time is worth more, unless you're in the area... I hear employees get a kick out of people who drive back to get $1 off and such.[/quote]
Well, he'll get $11 back, so it's not that ridiculous.

Picked this up last night in-store.

I loved the humor in the demo, and the little vignettes they released on XBL and PSN where they poked fun at Gears of War and MGS.

$20 is the right price, backlog be darned.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The gas and time is worth more, unless you're in the area... I hear employees get a kick out of people who drive back to get $1 off and such.[/quote]
[quote name='defiance_17']Well, he'll get $11 back, so it's not that ridiculous.[/quote]
Yes, I'll get $11 back, but if I had bought it at GS in the first place, I would have paid just $1 more. ... and I would agree that the time and money (in gas) probably does not justify it.

... I will get 5% back via my Circuit City credit card though, too. (... another $1). :)

My brother works at Gamestop it is a special sale and will probably be 34.99 or 30.99 after this weekend though he said he suspects in a couple weeks both new and used will go down by alot... It's a good game but no one plays it online anymore... Once story is done there is not much else....

Thanks for the heads up OP, picked up up a copy yesterday and am really liking it.

[quote name='Goodeye']It's a good game but no one plays it online anymore... Once story is done there is not much else....[/QUOTE]

I was able to find full games yesterday, as well as this morning. I got it for the PS3 btw.

[quote name='chelosera91']can anyone confirm if the ps3 version is on sale too? I regret buying waw over this.....[/quote]

I love both of them. is zombies not you cup of tea?

Arghhh just bought it used at a local game shop for 2199... i did get the gold ps3 version and it was store credit so not to bad i guess.

[quote name='Goodeye']My brother works at Gamestop it is a special sale and will probably be 34.99 or 30.99 after this weekend though he said he suspects in a couple weeks both new and used will go down by alot... It's a good game but no one plays it online anymore... Once story is done there is not much else....[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Lots of people still play this online atleast on Xbox Live, the PS3 may be another story, IDK. I play it everyday and I see new players & regulars on it all the time. I've never had a problem finding a game in unranked, ranked, Conquest, or Gold Rush at anytime, day or night. I finished the story mode the first month I bought it and have been playing the MP ever since.

If anyone wants to play add my gamertag: x D78 x. We should really start a CAG Bad Company group gamertag especially if Bad Company 2 has clan support and custom matches, hopefully it will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best online shooter of 2008.

I've put in 200+ hours of BF: Bad Company so far. There are tons of people playing this online. Anyone who says different is ignorant or just uninformed. Simply put.

Gold Rush is probably the most inspired online mode that's come along in years...and destructible environments? Oh man. Once you experience how they add to the overall strategy, you'll wonder why all online shooters don't have them. Conquest was a nice addition, but really should've been in there from the beginning. At least it's a free download (and still damn fun). Anyway, as a true Battlefield vet, let me say that Bad Company is a worthy successor to the franchise. Can't wait for BC2 this summer.

How's the online mode for the PS3 version? Lots of ppl online? Don't have xbox live gold and it seems both version are identical.

[quote name='rumblebear']How's the online mode for the PS3 version? Lots of ppl online? Don't have xbox live gold and it seems both version are identical.[/QUOTE]

The 360 and PS3 versions both have robust communities. I have the game for each system. I prefer the 360 (mainly for the controller), but the PS3 still has full servers every time I log on.

Just bought a PS3 copy for a friend of mine (I already have it). Could only find a 'gutted' copy, but its not even for me anyway and it was with store credit, so I wasn't too phased.

Can anyone confirm this is still valid tomorrow (Sunday the 4th)?

I did see someone mentioned it lasted through the 8th, but someone else noted it may only be through the weekend.

Thanks!

Thanks OP, I'd been wanting to pick this game up for a long time, but couldn't quite bring myself to drop the money on it. But at $20 it's a must pick up for me.

Ive been picking up so many 360 games left and right or id consider this one. Enjoying CODWAW a great deal so it is well filling my war fix...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Tempting, but with my current backlog... eesh... must... resist...[/QUOTE]

I tried and failed....my backlog is now one longer.

[quote name='flix1']Can anyone confirm this is still valid tomorrow (Sunday the 4th)?

I did see someone mentioned it lasted through the 8th, but someone else noted it may only be through the weekend.

Thanks![/quote]

This image is on the homepage of gamestop.com:

banners_bcoffer.jpg

hey i went to gamestop's website and searched for BF BC and couldnt find the ps3 version...only the 360s version...anyone else see this?

The best way to find items on gamestop is google. Type the item, system, then gamestop and you'll find it.

Example: battlefield bad company ps3 gamestop.

[quote name='xconguy']hey i went to gamestop's website and searched for BF BC and couldnt find the ps3 version...only the 360s version...anyone else see this?[/quote]
I had the same issue. If you check Aleman's post a few above here, there is a banner on the front page advertising the game for $19.99 until 1/8/09 and links to the 2 games (Xbox and PS3).

Thanks, Aleman!

Click the 'show backordered items' button at the bottom of any search results page.

You're welcome. Surprised more people aren't aware of this. The website doesn't show you things you can't order online by default.

Thanks OP and to those that told me to PM it at Best Buy. Went today and got the PS3 version for 19.99 with a printout of the ad. No problems.

[quote name='mkernan']Click the 'show backordered items' button at the bottom of any search results page.

You're welcome. Surprised more people aren't aware of this. The website doesn't show you things you can't order online by default.[/QUOTE]

thanks i got it.

local gamestop said they are not changing the prices and if i wanted a copy i should order it online lol snotty a$$ nerd i spoke to .......ne how i ordered it offline but i got a backlog to keep me busy....with it i picked up a used copy of splinter cell double agent for 9.99 used so i cud get free shipping :D ah well

[quote name='FadeToOne']Tempting, but with my current backlog... eesh... must... resist...[/quote]
[quote name='Dakkon']I tried and failed....my backlog is now one longer.[/quote]
I think I'm gonna be in the same boat. Especially since I have some GS credit with no real plans to use it on anything particular. I think I'll check the TIV at BBV/GC first to see if maybe I can just achievement whore this one out and skip the mp.

Went to 3 Gamestop and none of them had them in stock new. Good thing they were all in the direction I was heading. Going to check 1 more before I give up.

PMed PS3 version at BestBuy (costa mesa). Manager was looking at my print out (GS webpage) for a few seconds and gave it a go.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back