Battlefield Heroes - Whos gonna play this.

The thing is Battlefield maps are much larger than most other FPS maps, so you could almost break them down into smaller areas and have 8v8 just around a single control point. Maybe that's sort of what they've done for Heroes, but I really enjoyed the large scale of BF2/2142 that made games feel like an actual war. 24v24 was ideal, even though some maps went to 32v32. It's pretty hard to find a decent-sized 2142 server these days though, which is sad.

And you're never unorganized when you have a couple of tight squads following orders from a competent (or even semi-competent) commander. :)

I agree it's great with ideal conditions but unfortunately that was very rarely my experience in BF2 pubs :( Quake Wars I've enjoyed much more due to the streamlined objectives and smaller server capacity of 24v24.

Maybe it's better now that the playerbase has matured. Still could never get widescreen to work with the game, though.

The matches I played seemed ok because there would be control points very close to were your team spawned so those would be easy to get and then the ones closer to the middle would always be a central hub of battle. 8v8 seemed fine to me but i could forsee it maybe still pretty fun at 10 v 10 but 8v8 doesnt seem bad to me. I got a question for yall though I've never played a bf game before was it just me or are the airplanes a pain in the butt to fly?

Finally played a bit and it's not bad, but it's not BF, either. Might be fun if we can get a group organized. Also I wish you could just switch between kits in-game without having to make separate characters. I don't understand why they did it that way.

It would be nice if they add kill messages, spotting, and a minimap.

[quote name='aihuman']Is this still going?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I just got my key today and started playing. Game is pretty meh but it's free so I can't complain.

I'm already burned out on it, it is fun for a little while but there just isn't enough there to keep you playing for very long.

[quote name='yukine']I'm already burned out on it, it is fun for a little while but there just isn't enough there to keep you playing for very long.[/QUOTE]

indeed, some of the missions are impossible to do unless you're godly and with certain classes, it's impossible, but the rewards are bleh, one can play the equivalent of 3-4 rounds and get as much Valor points....

Really wonder when I'll get more Hero Points... maxing out a few things would be nice but every level doesn't grant you one...

I haven't played the soldier.. but that's one annoying class.

i was planning on playing it but it doesn't that exciting anymore. I'm sure i'll check it out since it's free just to see what it's like. Weren't they planning on having this out last june?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']i was planning on playing it but it doesn't that exciting anymore. I'm sure i'll check it out since it's free just to see what it's like. Weren't they planning on having this out last june?[/QUOTE]

Yeah last June.. but they keep pushing back and keeping it in Beta... barely left alpha on time I suppose.

it's better than Combat Arms... less to hack... really can't own because most all weapons take awhile to kill someone.

it's a fun time waster... and if you have friends... could be fun.

[quote name='metaly']What happens when a game comes out of beta and not even the developers care enough to announce it?[/QUOTE]

well they released a new map and gave me a code for 200 hero bucks....

buy yeah... still in beta...

So.. anyone playing? I'm playing it - seems like you can buy your skill though. Pretty cool for a free game. ALTHOUGH, you run slow as shit.

Did all of you get the same reward for being in the beta:
newsletter_beta_reward_2.jpg

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah I got that too. I only played for maybe 3 hours of the beta, but i'll take free stuff any day.[/QUOTE]
Like the entire game? :lol:

I've been playing the game on and off since it went out of beta. It's not amazing, but I can't complain about the price. :)

What struck me as a little odd is that the amount of content in the game, at least on the surface, seems comparable to BF1943. Four maps, three classes, one mode...there are a few differences (with the most significant one being a higher player cap in BF1943), but it seems like EA's trying two different ways to deliver comparable packages.

so I feel kind of bad from bashing the game, after getting to play it for a bit I like it. I dislike the idea of not being able to own a single thing but at least you earn back what you spent in no time.

Also, the missions get to be next to impossible after a while. Kill 15, do 2000 damage in one round? Yipes.

EDIT: Also did not get those beta medals even though I was in it, bummer.

i play this quite a bit, as most of my friends have it.

i can't stand the game if i play by myself (unless i'm trapping as a commando or griefing), but rolling servers with a pack of friends is pretty fun. the game could really benefit from some voice chat.

i hate HATE HATE the rpg aspect of it, or rather, how it is implemented. I've got three characters around level 15 and at even these levels, leveling takes forever, and when you're working towards those odd numbered levels, you lose motivation very quickly since you will be getting squat.

Anybody still playing this game? I just gave it a test drive last night and it seems pretty fun. Hit me if anybody wants to play - my name is the same as my CAG name.

[quote name='crystalklear64']i play this quite a bit, as most of my friends have it.

i can't stand the game if i play by myself (unless i'm trapping as a commando or griefing), but rolling servers with a pack of friends is pretty fun. the game could really benefit from some voice chat.[/QUOTE]

They never added the voice chat in yet? I thought this was one of the features being implemented when the game went out of beta...

bread's done
Back