Battleforge goes Play4Free

[quote name='doodofdoods']cool, I'll check it out. huh, install file is only 84mb, I was expecting it to be bigger.[/QUOTE]

That file only installs the "stub", which then downloads the 2.7 GB game.

Thanks for the post, OP. I'm sure some will like this game. But man, this game really irks me because I love card-battling but hate RTS games. *Goes back to playing Marvel Trading Card Game*

[quote name='CounterSeal']Is this like Magic the Gathering Online where you collect virtual cards?[/QUOTE]

Basically what it looks like, only that there is a heavy RTS component attached to it. Basically you summon your critter into the map, and use the RTS interface to capture resource points to summon more creatures, right click around to move and attack, and madly clicking on special abilities to trigger them.

A bit of deck meta-gaming, and traditional RTS strategizing. As a former M:TG player (table top), this is really interesting. Though, I'm not so sure about the whole "spending real world money on imagenery cards" bit, but I did buy the pretty horse armor for Oblivion, so I really shoudn't comment on that.

Sounds good. Thanks op.
151l1259.jpg

I feel bad for anyone who paid retail for this game :whistle2:(
With these sorts of games, usually end up getting released for free and whatnot

It's not "free." You still have to buy cards and those that purchased the retail package got 4 starter decks (instead of 2) and 3000 "bf points" which are used to buy boosters. That many points is worth 30 dollars.

bread's done
Back