Battlestar Galactica Blu-ray Seasons 19.99 ea @ bestbuy.com

clawfrombelow

CAGiversary!
Nice deal if you buy the individual seasons of BG on blu-ray as opposed to the complete series set. Ignore the 4.5 set and Razor considering its uselessness since they are both included in the season 4 set.

~80 bucks Season 1-4 @bestbuy.com
~12 bucks The Plan @amazon
92 dollars vs 181 for the same thing sans a big box.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-5560395617903473466&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=battlestar+galactica&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=q626174746c65737461722067616c616374696361~~ccat02015%23%230%23%23l~~nf535%7C%7C426c752d7261792044697363&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

That's a pretty sweet and tempting deal. I've managed to resist the numerous DOTD Amazon sales for the box set, but this is cheaper by at least $30-40 if I remember correctly.

damn, now I wish I would have participated in the GS b2g1-> BB 100% TIV flipping. Does anyone know if this is a sale price for the week or "deal of the day." Maybe I can flip some GS credit tomorrow if these Battlestar prices hold.

I wonder what the chances are of this deal lasting till Tuesday. I have been wanting to pick up the set and this is just the price for me to do so.

If I was a betting man I'd say it would run the whole week, unless it happens to sell out beforehand considering it's not available in stores.

[quote name='clawfrombelow']If I was a betting man I'd say it would run the whole week, unless it happens to sell out beforehand considering it's not available in stores.[/QUOTE]

Damn you're right, this will probably get backordered pretty quick. I have $40 bb credit. I'm attempting to guess which two seasons will be backordered first. Probably seasons 1 and 2? But I already have season 1 on HD DVD. fuck it, I'm going to sleep. If they are still in stock tomorrow when I wake up, I'll have to figure our some GS flips I guess.

fuck, I hate being tapped out of money with all the bills at the end of the month.

Now all of a sudden Season 4 is available for in-store pickup and it's available at every store in my area except 1. I guess maybe hopefully these are easier to find then I originally thought.

Hopefully the $19.99 prices hold for the rest of the week. Anyone find this sale in this weeks ad?

It was a similar situation when breaking bad seasons went on the cheap a month or two ago. At first there were only a few stores stocked then everyone got em. So hopefully that's what happens with these, so I can get a 10 gc to make the deal even sweeter in store.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']This might be the 2nd best Sci-Fi show of all time. After DS9 of course.[/QUOTE]

You mean after Babylon 5 :cool:

Thank you OP. Ordered all 4 seasons for $84.74 with tax. I'll have to pick up The Plan on blu-ray later when it's on sale. Wasn't The Plan on sale at Target a while back for something like $9.99?

I'm hoping the packaging on the individual U.S. seasons is better than the complete series packaging. If anyone can find an unboxing video or screen shots, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't find any on youtube.

Good news. I went to one gamestop, spent a little less than $40 and took it to BB for a little over $100.

The bad news. I will most likely get banned because I went over the 3 limit on a few games. At least I'll get Battlestar on bluray cheap...

[quote name='Slappybob']You mean after Babylon 5 :cool:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drakesvg']I'm sorry you must mean after FireFly :cool:[/QUOTE]

No, he means Mystery Science Theater 3000. :cool:

So is their season 4 the complete season 4 or 4.0? If it's complete, why are they selling season 4.5? If it's not the complete it kills this deal. Amazon had season 1-4 at 19.99 for like 6 months. Thank god I grabbed them

Don't forget Season 4 is 2 overall sets: Season 4 and 4.5. So getting it all, minus Razor, makes this about $100 pre-tax, which is pretty darned tempting...

Recommend skipping The Plan, which is a lot of rehash.

[quote name='Kylearan']Don't forget Season 4 is 2 overall sets: Season 4 and 4.5. So getting it all, minus Razor, makes this about $100 pre-tax, which is pretty darned tempting...

Recommend skipping The Plan, which is a lot of rehash.[/QUOTE]

Season 4 has 6 discs. This isn't the complete season 4? The OP says "Ignore the 4.5 set and Razor considering its uselessness since they are both included in the season 4 set."

I thought season 4.5 was released first on bluray. Then the complete series. Then season 1, 2, 3, and 4. I might be wrong. You're scaring me right now saying it's $100 for the complete series. I just bought the four sets for $80 and I thought it was complete.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Season 4 has 6 discs. This isn't the complete season 4? The OP says "Ignore the 4.5 set and Razor considering its uselessness since they are both included in the season 4 set."

I thought season 4.5 was released first on bluray. Then the complete series. Then season 1, 2, 3, and 4. I might be wrong. You're scaring me right now saying it's $100 for the complete series. I just bought the four sets for $80 and I thought it was complete.[/QUOTE]

It is the complete fourth season.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Walmart has them for even cheaper. And it is the complete season 4, not 4.0 and 4.5

Season 1 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Battlestar-Galactica-Season-1-Blu-ray-Widescreen/11978809

Season 2 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/13430877

Season 3 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/14335815

Season 4 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/15174693[/QUOTE]

A little cheaper, but free shipping would I think require me to walk into a Walmart. That's not worth it to me. Also, I can't use my best buy giftcards there.

I don't understand why this is the complete season 4 and the one at best buy isn't. Maybe I'm wrong, but you guys posting the 6 disc best buy season 4 bluray set isn't complete is making me nervous. It makes me want to cancel my Best Buy order, but I have a feeling I shouldn't.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']A little cheaper, but free shipping would I think require me to walk into a Walmart. That's not worth it to me. Also, I can't use my best buy giftcards there.

I don't understand why this is the complete season 4 and the one at best buy isn't. Maybe I'm wrong, but you guys posting the 6 disc best buy season 4 bluray set isn't complete is making me nervous. It makes me want to cancel my Best Buy order, but I have a feeling I shouldn't.[/QUOTE]

It is the complete at Best Buy also, I just wasn't sure at first.

[quote name='Bmvc1']It is the complete fourth season.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks man. I thought those other CAGs might be wrong about it not being complete. I don't know how the complete series (without the plan) is 20 blu ray discs and the four individual boxsets add up to 20 discs. I wish people wouldn't spread false information without even reading the OP.

Stores shouldn't even be allowed to sell season 4.5 anymore. It just confuses people. I wonder how many people have bought 4.5 thinking they need it.

I guess I could have further explained how BG was released on blu-ray. They first released 4.5...then they went back and released 1, 2, 3, 4 (complete). There was never a 4.0 blu-ray, it has always been complete (with razor) on blu-ray. And although the walmart way may be cheaper, alot of people have been taking advantage of the 100% trade in making it a better deal. Plus you could pick up season 4 with some other goods in-store to get the $10 gift card. This was my first deal posting, I'll remember to go further in depth next time.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I already own the entire series + movies on DVD. Is it worth the upgrade to Blu? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

IMO when watched in SD BSG is one of the ugliest shows in the history of TV, but when seen in HD it is definitely one of the best looking. It's the type of show HD was made for.

[quote name='clawfrombelow']I guess I could have further explained how BG was released on blu-ray. They first released 4.5...then they went back and released 1, 2, 3, 4 (complete). There was never a 4.0 blu-ray, it has always been complete (with razor) on blu-ray. And although the walmart way may be cheaper, alot of people have been taking advantage of the 100% trade in making it a better deal. Plus you could pick up season 4 with some other goods in-store to get the $10 gift card. This was my first deal posting, I'll remember to go further in depth next time.[/QUOTE]

No your original posting was very helpful and detailed. Those other people were just confusing and made me think "what the fuck do they know that I don't know."

Thanks again for the deal.

[quote name='Bmvc1']IMO when watched in SD BSG is one of the ugliest shows in the history of TV, but when seen in HD it is definitely one of the best looking. It's the type of show HD was made for.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was hoping when I read the blu-ray reviews. I also have them all on DVD. Last time I watched them all was on DVD on a little half broken 1080i TV. Hopefully it's worth it on bluray with my 1080p bigger Samsung LED.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Stores shouldn't even be allowed to sell season 4.5 anymore. It just confuses people. I wonder how many people have bought 4.5 thinking they need it.[/QUOTE]

Without going into the store, could probably add me. :) Nice save, guys.

I think I'll get on this. And this just reminds me that I never got around to seeing The Plan (shameful, I know).

I caught the "Free New Caprica" episode recently. That Galactica jump, fighter launch, then jump again...pure Greatness.

Thanks for the heads-up on the irrelevance of Season 4.5 if you plan on getting Season 4. Will be ordering only Seasons 2, 3, and 4 on Blu Ray. Never understood why the entire set never dipped below $140. Been waiting awhile to finish this series.

I've haven't watch the new BSG yet. I'm old skool Lorne Greene's fan.

For $100, I may bite on this deal since this is bluray.

What should be the correct watch order for the new series?
I think there was a prequel (Caprka sp?)? series wasn't there?

Been waiting a long, long time for a good deal on the complete series. Bit on all 4 of these instead. Plan will probably go cheaper, down the road, so I waited on that one.

BSG = #1 sci-fi show of all time! =D

[quote name='Darknuke']Been waiting a long, long time for a good deal on the complete series. Bit on all 4 of these instead. Plan will probably go cheaper, down the road, so I waited on that one.

BSG = #1 sci-fi show of all time! =D[/QUOTE]

Same. Grabbed the 4 seasons and will pick up Plan when I see a good deal for it down the road. Was surprised at how good this was considering the complete boxset is so much more.

Thanks OP for the heads up on the deal!

[quote name='cagfansub']I've haven't watch the new BSG yet. I'm old skool Lorne Greene's fan.

For $100, I may bite on this deal since this is bluray.

What should be the correct watch order for the new series?
I think there was a prequel (Caprka sp?)? series wasn't there?[/QUOTE]
For $100? For fucks sake I hope you didn't buy 4.5 after the all the posts and op saying not to buy it.

Did a blind buy on season one today in store. I've never watched this previously but have heard good things. I'm gonna hurry and check it out and if I like, I'll snag the remaining seasons immediately afterwards.

Thanks OP, as well as everyone else's input.

Does anyone know if the Complete Series set includes anything that would not be found in buying the seasons individually? I'm mainly thinking in terms of special features, but am also curious in about overall product.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Does anyone know if the Complete Series set includes anything that would not be found in buying the seasons individually? I'm mainly thinking in terms of special features, but am also curious in about overall product.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the complete series set is just a box with the individual seasons inside.

This is a great show, but honestly even though it's at a great price right now...I can always watch it on netflix ...til it's gone.

Got Season 1, 2 and 4 tonight at Best Buy. Sold out of S3 in store and online and now I see walmart is too. Damnit. Ended up going with Amazon UK for $26.xx shipped

Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see it; anyone know how long these prices are good for? I'm guessing though this week.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see it; anyone know how long these prices are good for? I'm guessing though this week.[/QUOTE]

That's what we are assuming or until sold out.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see it; anyone know how long these prices are good for? I'm guessing though this week.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy probably just this week. Wal Mart has had them at these prices for months now, though.

Thanks again OP. I received my seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 boxsets today from UPS. Each blu-ray is packed with so much great content. I love deleted scenes and commentaries on stuff like this. At $80+tax total, each bluray disc averages about $4 a piece. That's a heck of a lot of good entertainment for $4 per disc.

Thanks i have never seen the show but my after my friends persistant nagging i will have to buy it.
battle

bread's done
Back