Battlestar Galactica Season One Preorder Deals

SpeedyG

CAGiversary!
Since I've seen no topics on this, I figure that I will start it off.

DDD- $41.87- Free Shipping
BB- $42.99
Amazon- $41.99
Costco- $39.99

So no really great deals that I've found for the 9-20-05 release of the US Box Set

...It's not supposed to be out yet? It was at the Best Buy on Orchard Lakr near 15 mile (for the Michigan peopls) as of last week. No cluse what the price was, but i was still surprised to see it out for some reason...

[quote name='ryanflucas']I saw this at Best Buy on monday for $63.99 here in Milwaukee, WI.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy has had the UK version out for about two months now.

[quote name='richleader']UK version doesn't have the miniseries packed in. Some people prefer its version of the theme song though.[/QUOTE]
The US version is also to have deleted scenes and commentaries.

[quote name='jmfell']The US version is also to have deleted scenes and commentaries.[/QUOTE]
And will most likely be cheaper than the R1 UK Best buy version release.

[quote name='jmfell']The US version is also to have deleted scenes and commentaries.[/QUOTE]
Actually I think that the UK version did have deleted scenes, but didn't have the commentaries. The US version is also getting some making of stuff.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Actually I think that the UK version did have deleted scenes, but didn't have the commentaries. The US version is also getting some making of stuff.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... was under the thought that it didn't (the wrong one apparently). But I do know it's supposed to have at a couple of making of's. Though how many people actually ever watch the making of's on DVD's is probably a rather low percentage.

[quote name='jmfell']Hmm... was under the thought that it didn't (the wrong one apparently). But I do know it's supposed to have at a couple of making of's. Though how many people actually ever watch the making of's on DVD's is probably a rather low percentage.[/QUOTE]
It's hard to say how many people watch the making of type stuff on DVDs. I don't usually watch that stuff, unless it's a movie or show I really like.
The huge 2 hour documentary that came with the Star Wars trilogy was great. I've watched it twice.
I also thought that the bonus stuff that came with the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions were great.

Then again, I have a ton of disks with special features that I haven't touched.
I do love commentaries though.

I don't believe the Best Buy version has anything with it... just the 'UK Version' of the show... and I don't think anyone bought it because no one is even sure what that is.

The U.S. version that is coming out has all the extras with it and different box art.

The UK version has show only. The US version has Making of features, the miniseries, Ron Moore's podcasts, commentaries and other random awesomeness. Once I have cash, I'm definatly picking this one up, even though I have the entire S1 UK version downloaded. (Personally, I love the UK version of the theme song.)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']is this like star wars?[/QUOTE]
It's a sci-fi show, but it's not very much like Star Wars.
**SPOILERS For the Mini Series**

The story takes place in a star system with 12 planets. Men created the Cylons (robots) who rebelled and left to find their own world. It's been about 50 years since the Cylon War(I think), and the cylons decided to destroy the 12 colonies using new cylons that look like humans. They are able to put a virus in a new defense system that's installed in the colonial fleet and defenses, so when they attack they are left defenseless and destroyed. One Battlestar (a carrier/battleship hybrid) doesn't have the upgrades, so they, along with a fleet of about 60 civilian ships flee the star system, and start looking for the lost 13th colony, Earth, while fleeing from the cylon fleet.

**End spoilers**

It's a great show. I recomend picking it up, especially since you get the mini with it.

A review: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet091405.html#bat

The best way to describe it is a drama set in the future with some action. This is not some light-hearted, tongue-in-cheak sci-fi show like Star-gate SG-1 or Atlantis. May I recommend renting the mini-series if you can track it down, for feelings toward it are a good indication if you will like in the series.

In other news, it looks like Sci-fi is probably going to pick BSG up for a third season, according to IGN at least.

bread's done
Back