Bayonetta ::droooool::

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)

I should post a trailer one of these days...

Still need to get used to the combos and large array of moves available but so far so damn good ya know? I like feeling like I am instantly rewarded for doing good instead of feeling like it occurs after the battle.

First stage looks and feels chaotic but you can get through it and see it's more 'normal' side in the next stage.

I hope we get the LE version in the states.:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically that "Sign up for a Sega Pass to get the demo" was unnecessary BS.

I played the demo last night and was really surprised; it feels like a really solid title and I will probably pick it up when it hits $30 or so.

[quote name='lolwut?']
I played the demo last night and was really surprised; it feels like a really solid title and I will probably pick it up when it hits $30 or so.[/QUOTE]

I think that right there could be the CAG motto.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Um, am I missing something? It's asking me for a code. Where does one get the code to download this?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I guess it wasn't. You didn't read my post? It was only the second one in the thread.

Anyways, I've done the hard work of Googling for you: http://www.sega.com/bayonettademo/

This is a lame way of getting people to try your game. Why not release it to everyone? I didn't even hear about the segapass demo thing or I would've signed up.

That's fucking terrible. Sega should be ashamed of themselves. If I worked at Platinum games I'd be throwing a fit. How is limiting a demo to 40,000 people a good idea? Don't they want this game to be a hit on par with the Devil May Cry series? Just release the damn demo and start the NA/EU hype train already.

Anyway, for the people who didn't get in, sorry. I didn't know it was like this exactly.

By limiting the demo to the people who "really want it," they increase the odds that the people who play it will spread positive impressions, and limiting negative opinions. I assume the demo's going to be available to everyone eventually anyway, so they may as well get the hype train started right.

Is this the same demo that could be downloaded from the Japanese marketplace? If so, play the levels the other way round. I didn't have a clue what was going on in the first one, but the second makes a lot more sense.

Overall, there was some fun to be had from this game.

That's because for a time you didn't need one. Read my posts much?

I guess it's a good idea but who actually thinks this game sucks?

[quote name='pete5883']By limiting the demo to the people who "really want it," they increase the odds that the people who play it will spread positive impressions, and limiting negative opinions. I assume the demo's going to be available to everyone eventually anyway, so they may as well get the hype train started right.[/QUOTE]

What is this? A voice of reason? On a gaming message board? You sir have likely stumbled onto the wrong site.

Bayonetta got a perfect score in Edge magazine!!

that's the second perfect score it received, first one being Famitsu.

[quote name='JEKKI']Bayonetta got a perfect score in Edge magazine!!

that's the second perfect score it received, first one being Famitsu.[/QUOTE]

That's... what in the world is this game. Like yeah it's better than DMC4 but Perfect? Man, first week of January is going to be bananas.

im still skeptical. I remember watching a video on it and the developer made it look like a shallow button-masher with big combos. We'll see...

[quote name='Japakneez']im still skeptical. I remember watching a video on it and the developer made it look like a shallow button-masher with big combos. We'll see...[/QUOTE]are there any games in this genre that you feel like would not fall under this feeling?

there is a rhythm with which to press attack buttons that adds variety, but if u wanna mash your way to victory the game is difficult enough to allow you to succeed that way using the same combo over and over again.

ultimately the game has the depth to make of it how the player chooses to do so.

[quote name='JEKKI']are there any games in this genre that you feel like would not fall under this feeling?

there is a rhythm with which to press attack buttons that adds variety, but if u wanna mash your way to victory the game is difficult enough to allow you to succeed that way using the same combo over and over again.

ultimately the game has the depth to make of it how the player chooses to do so.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear about the depth. Game design today needs to satisfy casual play (mashing lol) but if it also allows hardcore skills to shine then i will definitely be a big fan.

Capcom's Dungeons & Dragons II was a great beat'em'up that wasn't a masher IMO. I would love to see a sequel or new IP that is similar but updated to todays standards.

I love beatemups and always wanted to help design one myself. A couple OG street fighter friends worked on God of War and that pretty much changed the genre. Bayonetta getting a perfect score in a couple magazines is no joke! Here's to hoping beatemups gain even more momentum :applause:

I played the demo a few weeks ago and I loved it. Even tough I haven't played the full game yet I can back up Jekki's claim of depth. You can pull of some insane combos after some practice.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']gamespot.com is giving away free codes for early access to the demo.[/QUOTE]

Details?

== Nevermind, there is a link right there on the Gamespot homepage. You just have to register or log-in to your gamespot account and they give you the code. Glad you posted this! I almost bought a code off ebay because I'm anxious to try this game!

...I got a code from Gamespot, entered it online, added the demo to my queue, and my 360 says I can't download the demo. :|

[quote name='n4styn4t3']gamespot.com is giving away free codes for early access to the demo.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info. Signed up on Gamespot and received the demo unlock code in seconds.

I'm going to have to delete some DLC to fit the demo on my hard drive and I have no demos or videos on there right now. Damn you tiny 20gb HD.

it's so bad it's good...I really enjoyed how easy the controls are and special moves, even though there's a lot of special moves/combos to do. Something very satisfying watching her stand on her head and fire endless rounds out of her pistol heels.

don't know if i'll splurge and get it when it comes out but, it might be one of those 2nd titles I pick up when there's a B2G1 deal.

The more I see of this, the more I want it. An indie developer made it, and it has such a high quality-- that I think it demands to be played. This genre is not my forte, but I think I am going to buy this out of support at retail price. I LOVED Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Madworld (all things the director had a huge hand in).

SUPPORT GOOD IDEAS AND DEVELOPERS!

the game has references to Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and MadWorld in it also!!

not jus those games... you can expect much fan service from the game.

Magical Sound Shower!

Not much of a beat 'em up sort of guy unless it is old school or God of War but I enjoyed the demo. Enough to make a purchase if the right deal shows up. Who is Bayonetta's VA btw? She sort of reminds me of Catherine Zeta-Jones.

[quote name='Rodimus']How do they reference them?[/QUOTE]some music is inspired from older sega games,

during story segments, the characters make a lot of references to older Kamiya, Platinum Games, and Sega games,

some of bayonetta's moves are taken from Okami/DMC/VJ,

lastly some stages are either inspired or directly a rip off of certain sega games.

bread's done
Back