BB 1 Day Entertainment Sale - AC III $19.99; Far Cry 3 $19.99; Steel Diver $2.99

Thanks for the POST OP! Nothing for me at the moment, but I have a question, Is CAG taking forever to load for anyone else tonight? Once I am on the site I am fine but getting to the home page takes forrrrrrrrrrrever.

Anyone else having trouble placing an order on BB's site? Tried using Debit Card/BB Card/Paypal and keep getting the error message "There was an issue while processing you order"

Can anybody help me out on ACIII?  I know the bonus missions for Benedict Arnold come with a DLC code to access them that expired on March 31st.  However, I know a lot of times when these codes "expire" they actually still work.

So that's my question; anybody have any idea if the code still works?  That's going to make the difference between me paying $15 for the WiiU version or $20 for the PS3 version.

TIA

Ahhh I did not see that Im used to BestBuy having free shipping.
Yeah. At least Steel Driver is available in stock though... if I want it.

Kind of a bummer about the shipping change. Obviously Steel Diver would be a "losing" transaction for them, so I'm not too worried about that. Hell after shipping and processing costs they would probably taking a 100% loss on that sale, maybe MORE than 100% loss (to the point it would be less of a cost loser to just destroy the item than rather send it out for $2.99 shipped). So I get at some point shipping costs have to be covered. However it will be just like Amazon now where if there is a $19.99 game I want, then sometimes the lack of a suitable "filler" item will stop me from buying.

Basically this move helps them in margin. But it surely will cost them some top line sales revenues, maybe substantially so (at least with me). I'm constantly balking at Amazon transactions because I just can't find a filler item. Even if a great deal is $15 or $20, if you have to add another $5 item you don't want. It's not such a great deal IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having trouble placing an order on BB's site? Tried using Debit Card/BB Card/Paypal and keep getting the error message "There was an issue while processing you order"
It's a persistent error. Place your order using the mobile site (m.bestbuy.com), and you shouldn't have any problems.

Steel Diver would have been worth it with free shipping but not so much anymore.

Also make sure to check out the CD's on "sale." All 3 of them. Classics like A$AP Ferg, Earth Wind & Fire, and Kings of Leon.

Not even worth trying to flip Steel Diver on eBay.  Get $6 if you're lucky... 

Wow, BestBuy.com is a mess right now. "We are currently experiencing site difficulties. Currently you cannot purchase, check in-store availability or add this item to a wish list. Please check back shortly as we are hard at work resolving this issue."

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid shipping really kills this. I wouldn've been in for some blu-rays but like everyone else has said they are charging for shipping now. What I don't get is why the hell store pickup is disabled!? Half of the blu-rays I am looking at won't even let you select store pickup, and since I was JUST as Best Buy yesterday trying to PM newegg's deal I know for a fact these movies were in stock as of 9PM last night.

Very lame BB, I guess I'm not buying anything at all. I can understand not wanting to take the hit on shipping for a bunch of $5 movies, but disabling in-store pickup is a major dick move.

In for Steel Diver.

Free shipping makes it worth it as $3 for any game is hard to pass up on.
Pray tell, how are you getting free shipping? Are you buying a bunch of other stuff?

EDIT: Looks like the ACIII Benedict Arnold codes have indeed expired, I've been told they no longer work. Fantastic, we are finally in the era of expirable online passes/content/whatever you want to call it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the POST OP! Nothing for me at the moment, but I have a question, Is CAG taking forever to load for anyone else tonight? Once I am on the site I am fine but getting to the home page takes forrrrrrrrrrrever.
Cag has been hit or miss ever since the new software. Mostly miss. Especially on mobile.

Too bad I picked up AC3 last week through Gamefly for $10, otherwise I would've PM it at Walmart for the Walmart edition
fucking hell, are you kidding me? Wal-Mart had exlcusive DLC!?!? I never heard this before now, but this is going way too far. I was already annoyed enough that the Benedict Arnold codes expired, but now I'm punished for not buying from Wal-Mart? Un-fucking-believable.

And I know this has been said to death already, but Wal-Mart is unbelievalby strict on NOT PMing anything that isn't a print ad. If any employee is PMing a website for you under any circumstances, they are supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. if the manager doesn't fire them and is later caught, he is supposed to be fired as well. Consider yourself extremely lucky if you know somebody willing to put their job on the line just to help you save a few bucks.

fucking hell, are you kidding me? Wal-Mart had exlcusive DLC!?!? I never heard this before now, but this is going way too far. I was already annoyed enough that the Benedict Arnold codes expired, but now I'm punished for not buying from Wal-Mart? Un-fucking-believable.

And I know this has been said to death already, but Wal-Mart is unbelievalby strict on NOT PMing anything that isn't a print ad. If any employee is PMing a website for you under any circumstances, they are supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. if the manager doesn't fire them and is later caught, he is supposed to be fired as well. Consider yourself extremely lucky if you know somebody willing to put their job on the line just to help you save a few bucks.
The managers and clerks at the store I always go to has always been nonchalant about PM, if they can verify it they'll take it. :rofl:

WM, GS, AZ, & Target all had exclusive missions in their first print run editions of that game. There is a $5 or $10 pack on the marketplace that has all of those in 1 download.

Can anybody help me out on ACIII? I know the bonus missions for Benedict Arnold come with a DLC code to access them that expired on March 31st. However, I know a lot of times when these codes "expire" they actually still work.

So that's my question; anybody have any idea if the code still works? That's going to make the difference between me paying $15 for the WiiU version or $20 for the PS3 version.

TIA
I got my :ps3: AC3 from the Gamefly sale a few weeks ago, the Benedict Arnold code worked for me. I didn't see an expiration date on the sheet.

WM, GS, AZ, & Target all had exclusive missions in their first print run editions of that game. There is a $5 or $10 pack on the marketplace that has all of those in 1 download.
I wasn't aware of any of that, thanks for letting me know. I just bought from Best Buy so I guess I'm SoL.

I got my :ps3: AC3 from the Gamefly sale a few weeks ago, the Benedict Arnold code worked for me. I didn't see an expiration date on the sheet.
The code was supposed to expire on March 31st and I was already told on another site from someone who bought the game new that the code didn't work and had in fact expired. However I know a lot of times crap like this that is supposed to expire doesn't. I've had several PSN codes expire before, but every one was for a free movie download with a purchased game. Now I don't know what to believe, anybody know what's going on?

Are the extra missions even worth this hassle? I was interested as I've always been fascinated with Benedict Arnold, but if this is going to boil down to a couple fetch quests or "follow person X to landmark Y" then I can probably just Youtube it.

While we are on the topic, has anybody tried the WiiU and PS3 versions and have any preference to which is better? I looked for some comparisions online and saw stuff all over the board, from the WiiU version having noticibly worse framerate/screen tearing to both versions being identical to the WiiU version having a better framerate/graphical output. I already know from personal experience that Arkham City is an inferior port on WiiU, but Need for Speed Most Wanted runs best on WiiU, so I don't know what to believe. I already bought the WiiU version for $15 so I'm inclined to keep it (I don't care about off-TV play but it's nice to have the option if I ever do want to use it) but I still have a few days left to refund it and just pay the extra $5 for the PS3 version.

Last edited:
Same here, though i redeemed my code just now, after reading they were expired. Worked just fine for me.

bread's done
Back