BB 2-day Early BF Sale 11/5-11/6 PSPGo $150, Guilty Party $20, other Disney Wii Games

gamerdogbert

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's having an early BF lead-up sale just like Amazon has been. It's a 2 day event this Friday 11/5 and Saturday 11/6

PSP Go for $149.99
:wii: Guilty Party $19.99
:wii: Toy Story Mania $19.99
:wii: Toy Story 3 $29.99
:wii: Disney Channel All-Star Party $29.99
:wii: Disney Sing-It Party Hits $29.99
:wii: Disney Sing-It Family Hits $29.99

Also:
Verizon HTC Droid Incredible $99.99
And some other electronics, not very good brands though. See link for full list:

http://www.bestbuy.com/ShopEarly

Also: I just got home from BB, and I discovered that they have :wii: New Play Control Pikmin on clearance for $6.99. Just thought I'd tack it on here in case anyone's interested. Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, how does the PSPGo FEEL in your hands as opposed to a PSP? I had to buy grips for my PSP to make it more comfortable for longer playing sessions.[/QUOTE]
It's far more comfortable. My hands don't start hurting as soon as I start playing.

Damn, I knew months ago, someplace was going to put the PSPGo for $150 for (pre) BF. O'well, even though I got mine last month for $200, I'm happy. It definitely helped me survive complete boredom at the office. For the 3 free games, expect on average 3-4 weeks for you to get them (assuming you qualify).

I just called 2 BB's in my area and both are out of stock and don't know if/when they're getting more. Both didn't have any when I bought mine a month ago too; so supplies may be limited (Website doesn't have any either). Since I'm sure a lot of people will be buying this, you'll probably want to buy them now, then bring the receipt on Saturday to get refunded the price difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']You guys are crazy if you resist a Go at this price. Probably as low is it will ever go/be, even with PSP2 and PSP-Cell coming out..I mean, maybe on one rogue day if $150 was MSRP, you could get it for $130, but this $150 is killer. For everyone who wants to use to rival an iProduct, go for it, it is great and is a ton better since you don't have to deal with iTunes. the 16gb goes a very very long way. I went on a trip, had the first season of Modern Family on there, 6 movies that had just come onto DVD and my 16 games I've downloaded, had 2gb free still. [/QUOTE]

Interesting theory but don't you think that the Go would be rock bottomed out at some point to make room for the PSP2 and PSP Cell?

Just wait for PSP2. No reason to buy a Go when PSP2 is coming soon enough, and no reason to buy a 3000 since UMD is gonna be a dead format when PSP2 launches.

[quote name='mitch079']Interesting theory but don't you think that the Go would be rock bottomed out at some point to make room for the PSP2 and PSP Cell?[/QUOTE]

well seeing as if 3000 bundles are still at what $200? cheapest they've ever been is like $159, then I don't see the Go going significantly lower than $150. I mean, hell, a decade later, the PS2 still sells for $100 when you would expect you could get one for like $50 or free with a purchase of 2 XL pizzas and a two liter from Papa John's.. I think even when og Xboxes and Gamecubes left the shelves, they were still being sold for $100.

I guess we'll see what happens when the PSP2 comes out, but I don't think the Go would be the first kicked to the curb. So many people calling it a failure, but since this $150 Go sale has made various web outlet news, I bet its a test to see if the price point should be lowered..I'm all for it, don't regret having it day one at all for $250, this sale, especially with the free gaming is pure win.

and I'll go on the record now, unless the PSP Cell is on multiple carriers, and costs no more than $200 with whatever contract they want to sell, it will fail. If it doesn't allow you to get all your purchases from the PSN, and only sells Android based games but under a PSP 'hub', then it will fail! Watch it turn out to be an over-rated 'minis' fest.. My love for Sony or not, that's just my prediction..I'm not putting very much faith into it when the PSP2 will probably be the end all be all tech gadget..

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Just another note for you guys considering the PSPgo for the 3 games - I've read on the playstation forums that the codes are taking weeks in some cases to actually arrive.[/QUOTE]
Ah, really?

I registered my PSP GO on Tuesday afternoon and received the codes for the 3 free download tonight.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Ah, really?

I registered my PSP GO on Tuesday afternoon and received the codes for the 3 free download tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yea according to the posts on the playstation forums some people fall through the cracks and wait up to a month or more for their codes. Others get them within a week. Deviousnaraku mentioned 3-4 weeks as well. I'm curious what other CAGs experiences are with regard to wait time as I'm still interested in a PSPgo myself.

Apparently the best way to insure you get the codes is to register the PSPgo online and actually go on PSN with the psp and maybe download a free theme.

What are the chances of a better deal coming on Black Friday? I'll probably buy this tomorrow and leave it unopened until Black Friday. If there is a better deal, I'll just return the one I get tomorrow.

Ohhhh Toy Story Mania looks tempting...kinda been waiting for this to drop.

And my 2 cents about the TV... I work at BB in San Diego and purchased a Insignia 32" about 6 months ago and I absolutely love it. Now granted my last TV was a 26" tube so anything would potentially "wow" me but I am impressed by how much I paid compared to how good it looks. Honestly though Dynex is shit, don't buy it haha.

I just checked the prices of PSP games on the PSN Store and... ouch. They really do rape you on the prices. I'm not even sure if this would be worth it for $100.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']I just checked the prices of PSP games on the PSN Store and... ouch. They really do rape you on the prices. I'm not even sure if this would be worth it for $100.[/QUOTE]
Because they want to sell / get rid of all UMDs first.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Yea according to the posts on the playstation forums some people fall through the cracks and wait up to a month or more for their codes. Others get them within a week. Deviousnaraku mentioned 3-4 weeks as well. I'm curious what other CAGs experiences are with regard to wait time as I'm still interested in a PSPgo myself.

Apparently the best way to insure you get the codes is to register the PSPgo online and actually go on PSN with the psp and maybe download a free theme.[/QUOTE]
I got mine in three days. Also for anyone getting a Go, I'd recommend the PSP Go carrying case made by Sony. It's maybe $10 but fits it perfectly and keeps it safe.

I also find it a lot more comfortable than the big PSP, however it's really hard to play upside down (as in, you're laying down in bed, trying to hold it above your head. Too top heavy.) Other than not being able to play the new Kingdom Hearts on it and the unbalanced game prices, it's way better than the normal one.

[quote name='Thraka']Looks like Amazon matched most of these already.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they matched Toy Story Mania!, saving me a trip to BB.

[quote name='drawingboard']Yep, they matched Toy Story Mania!, saving me a trip to BB. Guilty Party they didn't match though.[/QUOTE]

They matched Guilty Party, unfortunately they took it out of the b2g1 sale. Not that I could find anything priced similarly that I really wanted.

It says 2-4 weeks for shipping, but my delivery estimate is November 9th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1288965427&sr=1-1&condition=new

Good price for a PSP Go, I'd bite if I didn't already have my 3000 with 16GB memory.

Also, those Wii games are all $20 off MSRP.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Good price for a PSP Go, I'd bite if I didn't already have my 3000 with 16GB memory.
[/QUOTE]

I was tempted by this, but I think I'm just going to buy the 16GB card for my current PSP. The thought of having all one system for my UMD games and another for movies and such just doesn't make too much sense for me right now.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Just wait for PSP2. No reason to buy a Go when PSP2 is coming soon enough, and no reason to buy a 3000 since UMD is gonna be a dead format when PSP2 launches.[/QUOTE]

Oh? Tell us more about the system that has no specs, has nothing announced about it, has no indication of what format the games are coming in, and no one knows anything about except for a handful of developers. Please gaze into your crystal ball and provide us with your insight.

PSPgo deal is now live.

[quote name='psunami']I was tempted by this, but I think I'm just going to buy the 16GB card for my current PSP. The thought of having all one system for my UMD games and another for movies and such just doesn't make too much sense for me right now.[/QUOTE]
Same with me. Tempted by the Go, but I still have my day one psp + 16gb. The Go would be nice so that I could connect online (cfw on my original psp) but online isn't too big a deal for psp, other than downloading stuff from psn like ps1 games. That and the Go is so shiny... I love tech :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Oh? Tell us more about the system that has no specs, has nothing announced about it, has no indication of what format the games are coming in, and no one knows anything about except for a handful of developers. Please gaze into your crystal ball and provide us with your insight.[/QUOTE]

Here you go. Although Sony has officially announced nothing, there are plenty of indications about format, power, and storage. Feel free to lose the mighter-than-thou tone anytime.

http://kotaku.com/5675525/psp2-will-ditch-the-umd-may-rival-xbox-360-in-horsepower

[quote name='Ionotropic']Here you go. Although Sony has officially announced nothing, there are plenty of indications about format, power, and storage. Feel free to lose the mighter-than-thou tone anytime.

http://kotaku.com/5675525/psp2-will-ditch-the-umd-may-rival-xbox-360-in-horsepower[/QUOTE]

VERY interesting. Thanks for that. I know that several devs had muttered that the PSP 2 was coming, but really no details on it.

That being said, no Go for me. I can't justify it anymore since I've got a PSP 2000 that does just fine.

I think this PSP Go for $150 (with the three games voucher included) is a great deal for someone who does not own a PSP yet and doesn't have a large library of UMDs, someone who needs portability as a top priority, someone who understands how to access and buy the games on the PSN, and someone who won't be looking to upgrade to a new system within the next two years. That being said, they're probably gonna sell like hotcakes as Christmas presents, so nab one quickly if you're interested.

Just picked up the White PSP Go (includes the voucher for 3 games) during lunch break and many people were also picking it up. I guess that was the price people have been waiting for.

Just an FYI. my BB only had about 4 to 5 each of the Wii games. Doesn't seem like they brought in any extras for this. Been waiting on TS Mania to hit the magic 20 price. Bit on Guilty Party. The reviews seem good.

149224_751377681004_6312708_39706575_7656953_n.jpg

Just picked one up. Had plenty at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. In both Blk and Wht.

[quote name='n8nmonster']
149224_751377681004_6312708_39706575_7656953_n.jpg

Just picked one up. Had plenty at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. In both Blk and Wht.[/QUOTE]

awesome, the white one just looks so much better, enjoy. Now all I need is to find some good deals on psn.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']awesome, the white one just looks so much better, enjoy. Now all I need is to find some good deals on psn.[/QUOTE]

join PSN+ for sure, already recouped my $50 easily, free games every month, sometimes every other week :D

[quote name='token2k6']join PSN+ for sure, already recouped my $50 easily, free games every month, sometimes every other week :D[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I've looked into it, but have they corrected the problems where certain free games stopped working if you ever stopped being a member?

[quote name='CreepinDeth']It's been a while since I've looked into it, but have they corrected the problems where certain free games stopped working if you ever stopped being a member?[/QUOTE]
I think they did that on purpose so you resubscribe each year.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I think they did that on purpose so you resubscribe each year.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too, but I've heard that it only affected some games. So I was just wondering if it was a glitch at all and if they fixed it.

Thanks OP. Was able to get Guilty Party. First store was already sold out around noon. Called the next closest store and they put one on hold for me. Used an RZ certificate and a gc to pay it off

Want to also mention that if you're an RZ member, you should've received a holiday booklet. It has an RZ coupon where you'll get a 10/25/50 giftcard when you spend 100/250/500, respectively.

Don't have the coupon in front of me right now, but I don't remember seeing an exclusion for video games.

I used it on some Turtle Beach Headphones that I was planning on getting during Kmarts deal but this was better as it let me use up some gc's i still have. So left with the headphones and a free 10gc without using any cash:)

There's also another coupon to save 50 off a Kodak printer when you trade in an old printer. Tried to combine this purchase with the headphone purchase in order to get the qualify for the 25 giftcard but system wouldn't combine offers

[quote name='rbarba4']Thanks OP. Was able to get Guilty Party. First store was already sold out around noon. Called the next closest store and they put one on hold for me. Used an RZ certificate and a gc to pay it off

Want to also mention that if you're an RZ member, you should've received a holiday booklet. It has an RZ coupon where you'll get a 10/25/50 giftcard when you spend 100/250/500, respectively.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, where did you get the booklet at, in the mail?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Whoa, where did you get the booklet at, in the mail?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I received one as well a few days ago.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Whoa, where did you get the booklet at, in the mail?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='no_exit']Yeah. I received one as well a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Booklet came by mail a few days ago. I actually didn't pay much attention to it initially. I originally thought it was only an advertisement for MSRP items.

It wasn't until I was going to leave this morning that I opened it up and saw the coupon deals

Picked up Guilty Party today, thanks OP!

FYI this game was hidden behind a bunch of crap at my BB. Employees didn't even know about the sale.

[quote name='adeehr']Picked up Guilty Party today, thanks OP!

FYI this game was hidden behind a bunch of crap at my BB. Employees didn't even know about the sale.[/QUOTE]

Same. The employees didn't even know about the sale until the PSP Go's were ringing up at $150 and they saw a bunch of people on the line with them.

Got a white PSP Go. $150's an excellent price, and the system looks fantastic. Swung by Target on the way home and got the dock and official screen protectors for roughly $10 total, as both were on clearance.

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

If Sony never dumped the UMD or an unofficial UMD drive was made for it, I would have bought the go when it was on sale like that...but sadly no PSP for me :(

[quote name='Trastan']Swung by Target on the way home and got the dock and official screen protectors for roughly $10 total, as both were on clearance. [/QUOTE]

!!!

Yes it came in the mail, and sadly the offer is garbage unless you're buying games or movies (which in our case it's fine). My first thought was to buy the $259 32 Inch Dynex TV with it, or even the $279.99 Laptop to get $25 back (spending $250 or more). Then I read the fine print, which states you can't use the coupons with 90% of the things Best Buy sells (TV's, Computers, Appliances, etc.).

bread's done
Back