BB - 32GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $74.99

I'll make do with the 4 GB I got at launch until the memory hits a more reasonable pricing point.

Oh, and I have to laugh at the people who claim PS+ stuff is "free". Do you think Sony is Costco and you're paying them $50 a year for the privilege of getting discounts at their store? No, you're paying a subscription fee and getting games you subscribe to, and once your subscription is over, you no longer have those games. It's a good deal for the most part, but "free"? Nope.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']I'll make do with the 4 GB I got at launch until the memory hits a more reasonable pricing point.

Oh, and I have to laugh at the people who claim PS+ stuff is "free". Do you think Sony is Costco and you're paying them $50 a year for the privilege of getting discounts at their store? No, you're paying a subscription fee and getting games you subscribe to, and once your subscription is over, you no longer have those games. It's a good deal for the most part, but "free"? Nope.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I've never hear this argument before. :roll:

I'm so tempted to grab a 32gb card but dat price is a hard pill to swallow. The fence sitting for me needs to stop sice both my 4gb and 16gb cards are full...

[quote name='Fresh8142']I'm so tempted to grab a 32gb card but dat price is a hard pill to swallow. The fence sitting for me needs to stop sice both my 4gb and 16gb cards are full...[/QUOTE]

You'll be overjoyed once you get it and you'll never look back.

All that space will help make your Vita experience better.

[quote name='whoknows']You'll be overjoyed once you get it and you'll never look back.

All that space will help make your Vita experience better.[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep telling myself.

:drool:This card is FRAAANNNNNN-TASTIC *Fran Drescher voice*!!!!!! I have so much stuff on it and lots of space left!:bouncy::D

Best $33 I ever spent! Thanks Best Buy(Sony.com sale a while ago and 'fancy footwork')!:applause:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Wow. I've never hear this argument before. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Original, isn't it?

I have almost filled my 32 already, and the PS+ helped with that. I have a 16 for my wife, but she hasn't played the vita once in 10 months so I think I'll claim it for myself also.

[quote name='Fresh8142']I'm so tempted to grab a 32gb card but dat price is a hard pill to swallow. The fence sitting for me needs to stop sice both my 4gb and 16gb cards are full...[/QUOTE]
I don't want to swap cards back and forth, so I will trade my 8gb on /r/gameswap and use my new 32 gb.

[quote name='whoknows']Not really. Since this is made by Sony it's higher quality than any other memory cards out there. You're paying extra for the peace of mind knowing that your saves will never be corrupt.

Anyways, good deal. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

i am at a loss for words. i have never had an sd card corrupt on me. also, we have cloud saves, so who cares.

you sound like either
a) you work for sony or
b) you fall into the group of people who waste money but live in denial by snubbing your nose up at people who actually have economic sense.

look at any of the hundreds of analysises that prove a vita memory cards hold little to no extra value over sd cards, or enough to justify its price at least. i bet your mom bought it for you therefore you have no idea what the true cost of something really is.

minors are poison to a free market

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought it for $80 a few months ago. With PS+ i feel like its must to get the 32 gig. after a while, it makes the $80 i spent a feel like a good investment with all the games i have on it and i don't have to switch between multiple cards.

$25-$35 feels right for a 32 GB SONY branded Card.
SD is around $25 and $10 extra premium feels about right.

Honestly, the VITA should have shipped with internal memory.
We shouldn't even be having this discussion.

I love my ViTA, I haven't joined PS+ yet. Still on the fence.
Main reason is my PS3 queue is so deep. Its hard to rationalize PS+ for VITA.

Just my opinion.

[quote name='btanoue']$25-$35 feels right for a 32 GB SONY branded Card.
SD is around $25 and $10 extra premium feels about right.

Honestly, the VITA should have shipped with internal memory.
We shouldn't even be having this discussion.

I love my ViTA, I haven't joined PS+ yet. Still on the fence.
Main reason is my PS3 queue is so deep. Its hard to rationalize PS+ for VITA.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

The Vita would have been more expensive had that happened. As is the Vita is a very good deal for the hardware you're receiving.

Sony loses money on the hardware already, can't blame them for trying to make some of it back with memory card sales. At least the cards are high quality.

Darn I just bought one of these for $83 last week. Luckily I had $35 of credit so in the end I only payed $48. Still it's an outcry how high these prices are compared to SD cards.
If I call them will they honor this lower prices especially it's been less than a week since bought mine?

still about $40 more than I want to pay for one. I will continue to just swap out stuff on my Vita until they drop more.

[quote name='62t']Not anymore.[/QUOTE]
They still do for silver reward members. I just go an email about that this week. Still a 60 day return and exchange policy.

Amazon has it at the same price. still way overpriced, of course, but cheaper than anywhere else.

im stickin with my 8 gb and transferring files with PC. ill just keep buying 3ds games till vita cards drop. simple.

the people have spoken with their wallets; be it lack of top shelf games or over priced memory cards, vita is selling like my diharrea would and sony refuses to listen.

[quote name='Dranakin']I do want instead of switching memory cards for different games, but still too pricey for me. Will wait until after E3.[/QUOTE]

i like the way you think

I did pay 40 for a 16GB off Amazon. IDK after grabbing UC:GA and Ninja Gaiden cheap, I have saved alot of room off my card recently. Im thinking I could probably get rid of my 16GB for about what I paid and pay the extra money to upgrade and double my space.

Went into Best Buy with a stack of games with the full intention of picking up a 32gb card. After waiting over 15 minutes at the video game trade-in counter and being told by 3 different employees (2 of which I had to seek out) that it would be "just a minute" until the video game trade-in person could help me I walked out. My time waiting wasn't completely unfruitful though because I looked up the trade-in values of a local chain on their website and figured out I'd get $16 more in trade credit.

After leaving Best Buy I drove down the road to the local chain, traded the games, and bought a used 32gb card for $70. Between it being $5 cheaper and getting the $16 more in credit, rather than paying the $33 out of pocket I originally planned, I only had to pay $12 out of pocket. C'est la vie Best Buy, it'll be a while before I'm back again.

This should be $59.99 max and even that price would leave me sour..There should be more options like 120gb for $99.99, 60gb for $69.99 and the 32gb for $49.99(i can dream:D). They could phase out the lesser memory units.

I do need more memory for my vita ;F These prices dont make me jump out to buy this microscopic memory card. Still i do love my vita and play it alot. I'm getting MLB 13 for it and ps3. I already had to delete my sly cooper game on vita to fit some small games like alien breed and that motorbike game.
I just got a 4gb card lol,. im stuck till the prices get to where im comfortable with.

After that Sony deal had a few months ago it's hard to get excited unless it's under $60...

picked one up awhile ago and absolutely love it. absolutely worth it even at $75 in regards to improving one's vita experience. i finally filled up even my 32, but that includes a lot of ps1, psp, and free vita games i'll never actually play and will be easy deletes. but just being able to have so many games on a vita and not needing to delete all the time (especially for larger games) is, well, huge.

[quote name='affa']picked one up awhile ago and absolutely love it. absolutely worth it even at $75 in regards to improving one's vita experience. i finally filled up even my 32, but that includes a lot of ps1, psp, and free vita games i'll never actually play and will be easy deletes. but just being able to have so many games on a vita and not needing to delete all the time (especially for larger games) is, well, huge.[/QUOTE]

no duh a 32gb adds to the experience...that doesnt mean its not ridiculously priced. even at $10000, it still adds to your vita. doesnt make it not a waste of money

Will wait for after e3. Hopefully they push out a 64gb version then for $99 and this one drops to ~$50. Then I wait for a sale\\:D/

I'm just curious (don't even have a Vita, don't plan on getting one), but was there ever a good, honest reason given as to why the memory cards are priced so expensively? They're one of the biggest reasons I don't want a Vita - when a 32GB memory card on sale costs just under 3/5 of the amount I could pay to get a used Vita (you can often get them for ~$130-$140 from Cowboom), I don't want to touch it.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I'm just curious (don't even have a Vita, don't plan on getting one), but was there ever a good, honest reason given as to why the memory cards are priced so expensively? They're one of the biggest reasons I don't want a Vita - when a 32GB memory card on sale costs just under 3/5 of the amount I could pay to get a used Vita (you can often get them for ~$130-$140 from Cowboom), I don't want to touch it.[/QUOTE]

"Because they can" is the best available answer. With the exception of the PS3, Sony has had proprietary storage media on every console it's produced. They tend to lose money on new consoles for the first part of the generation, and by forcing people to buy a memory card, they make some of that money back right away.

I took advantage of the fact it was selling slowly at first to pick one up that included the 4 GB card. It works fine - have to juggle games with my PS3 a bit, but it's better than paying, as you noted, about 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost of Vita itself to get a roomier storage solution.

Once the prices fall more in line with other storage solutions I'll upgrade. Expecting price drops later this year, especially if the Vita can't get over 7K weekly in sales, which was the case in January.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I'm just curious (don't even have a Vita, don't plan on getting one), but was there ever a good, honest reason given as to why the memory cards are priced so expensively? They're one of the biggest reasons I don't want a Vita - when a 32GB memory card on sale costs just under 3/5 of the amount I could pay to get a used Vita (you can often get them for ~$130-$140 from Cowboom), I don't want to touch it.[/QUOTE]

Probably because Sony is losing money on the Vita and looking to make the money back on memory cards.

[quote name='MrBoss']Will wait for after e3. Hopefully they push out a 64gb version then for $99 and this one drops to ~$50. Then I wait for a sale\\:D/[/QUOTE]

Same here. I can essentially price match for $80 based on other retailers any time I want, so I'd prefer to wait for a major price drop or for them to release a 64GB card. I'd pay $100 for a 64GB card. My opinion all along has been to introduce 64GB and shift everything down one price level.

[quote name='blume3']still about $40 more than I want to pay for one. I will continue to just swap out stuff on my Vita until they drop more.[/QUOTE]
You might need to think about doing some flipts then or something cause I don't see this dropping any lower than $60 MSRP at E3. There will be deals later this yr for $50 I guess.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Went into Best Buy with a stack of games with the full intention of picking up a 32gb card. After waiting over 15 minutes at the video game trade-in counter and being told by 3 different employees (2 of which I had to seek out) that it would be "just a minute" until the video game trade-in person could help me I walked out. My time waiting wasn't completely unfruitful though because I looked up the trade-in values of a local chain on their website and figured out I'd get $16 more in trade credit.

After leaving Best Buy I drove down the road to the local chain, traded the games, and bought a used 32gb card for $70. Between it being $5 cheaper and getting the $16 more in credit, rather than paying the $33 out of pocket I originally planned, I only had to pay $12 out of pocket. C'est la vie Best Buy, it'll be a while before I'm back again.[/QUOTE]I post on the BB forum along with a phone call to the RZ retention dept. would probably score you a $25 apology & a match so $50ish.

[quote name='MrBoss']Will wait for after e3. Hopefully they push out a 64gb version then for $99 and this one drops to ~$50. Then I wait for a sale\\:D/[/QUOTE]If they do a 64GB it ain't gonna be no $100 more like $120ish. They'll keep in premium price & people will just buy more 32GB until a $100 BF sale for the 64GB.

It's ridiculous that Sony still hasn't gotten the message, especially after how quickly the 32gb cards sold out once they discounted them to a reasonable price.

Since getting my Vita on black friday, I have amassed a handful of digital games that I'm really interested in playing, but I'm not able to due to being stuck with a 4gb card.

i won't buy a single vita game until they drop prices on the cards, i have plus and i have the 4gb card , which is constantly full.

[quote name='crookshow']It's ridiculous that Sony still hasn't gotten the message, especially after how quickly the 32gb cards sold out once they discounted them to a reasonable price.

Since getting my Vita on black friday, I have amassed a handful of digital games that I'm really interested in playing, but I'm not able to due to being stuck with a 4gb card.[/QUOTE]

am sure they know, their just trying get all the impulse buyers out first with all this ps+ an free vita games. then at around e3 announce more about ps4 an price drop on the vita cards too get more people

bread's done
Back