BB.CA $10 off preorder of 2 or more Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to only be applicable to games $59.99 and up anyway. Although some people have had luck getting the promo with 3DS and Vita games -- that said, BB could cancel those.

Hey, how is BB for pre-order bonuses?  If I were to pre-order Battlefield 4 at BB, I should get the China Rising bonus code, right?  Maybe that's a silly question, but I've never pre-ordered through them.  As much as I dislike EBGames, I tend to trust them to be on top of gaming related pre-order bonuses more than the average electronics shop.

Bestbuy usually gives you $10 (800 points) when you preorder a single game even 1 day before the release date and the price is below $59.99. This deal requires you to buy 2 games, but you get the cash back instantly.

Maybe they're trying to get people to impulse buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty unappealing given the fine print: if you take advantage of this offer now and a gift with purchase offer is available later (such as DLC, poster, dog tags, etc), your current order will not be upgraded.

Might be good for FIFA. Maybe Call of Duty. But some of those other games will definitely get bonuses somewhere down the line, I think.

That's disappointing. I hope they honour my pre-order for Pokemon X, though, and give me the points.

When I visited the website this morning and tried to pre-order NSLU none of the pre-order links were working. When trying to order it this afternoon, it says it was sold out. Not too thrilled about that. 

That being said, I placed an order totalling over $350. I tried to play it smart and order games that wouldn't normally drop in price (read: Nintendo-published titles) while not ordering games that I think will not be released before June (with the hopes of Future Shop holding another "$20-off during E3" sale). Here's what I pre-ordered:

The Wonderful 101

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Yoshi's New Island

I just hope the discount continues to apply to the sub-$59.99 3DS titles.

..I successfully put through an order of...Ducktales (Wii U), and the promo worked.
Does Best Buy now give out download codes like EB Games? There's no physical copy of DuckTales Remastered on Wii U. Or did someone at Best Buy think there would be one, and they're taking orders for a product that doesn't exist?

Or did someone at Best Buy think there would be one, and they're taking orders for a product that doesn't exist?
Probably, it's rumored that the Wii U will get a physical release.

I hope it does, DuckTales is a system seller for me, and I might finally pick up a U for it. Kinda funny, seeing as I haven't even bothered paying to download it elsewhere...

Yeah I figure I'm either going to get it for $9.99 or it's vaporware. Either works for me, as long as I get the discount on Luigi still :p

What's funny is they still have a Trine 2 Wii U retail release listed... for $59.99... :dunce:

This is pretty unappealing given the fine print: if you take advantage of this offer now and a gift with purchase offer is available later (such as DLC, poster, dog tags, etc), your current order will not be upgraded.

Might be good for FIFA. Maybe Call of Duty. But some of those other games will definitely get bonuses somewhere down the line, I think.

That's disappointing. I hope they honour my pre-order for Pokemon X, though, and give me the points.
Its good if you are preordering next gen titles as well.

Is there anyway to buy from Best Buy Canada and have it shipped to the US? The deal shows up in my cart for the new Zelda 3D and Pokemon Y, but it won't take an american zip code to estimate shipping. I could do the purchase through paypal. Has anyone had success ordering from bestbuy.ca and shipping to usa?

I could potentially get a lot here.

HOWEVER, the whole "no bonus stuff" is what throws me off. Right now I'm looking for the best place to buy Pokemon Y and I was leaning Best Buy because A) They take Paypal where I have some money stored, and B) I could get RZ points. Otherwise my option is to get just the game with nothing extra, or get it and the poster from EB Games. But I value the RZ points over the poster.

But none of the other games I want on this list are worth risking that lack of bonus materials. I want to get Sonic Lost World on Wii U, but there's been a confirmed first-print edition that isn't currently listed on the BestBuy.ca (and which they probably won't give with this promotion). Bravery Default also seems the type of game to have some sort of bonus material, and I could see SMTxFire Emblem getting something extra since it's Atlus. No idea if we'll see anything on SSB Wii U, but I don't want to risk it.

So...I'm personally at a lost as to how to take advantage of this deal.

QUESTION: If we do the order now, get $10 off one game, and cancel the second game before it comes out...that's presumably fine, right? It's not like they'd charge me the $10 I saved from the initial game. I think.

Do Best Buy ship the games when they're available, or together when the last item is available?

I ordered the Walking Dead Vita bundle and Killer Is Dead for example, but the former has yet to ship, where as the latter comes out on Tuesday, and I've seen people who already have the bundle.

My guess is they oversold on most of these games. A few games I preordered haven't even shipped yet and 2 of them are already on store shelves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back