BB.com - PS3 Sports Champion Move Starter Bundle $80 + $20GC

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Credit to BlueCrown from SD

Playstation 3 Move Starter Bundle (w/Sports Champion game) is on sale for $79.99 with a $20 GC at BB.com.

Includes:
- Sports Champion Game
- Eye Camera
- Motion Controller

Deal is online at a minimum. Not sure if it is in-store but you can do an in-store pickup for this anyway when you purchase online. $20 GC will be added to your cart automatically when you're ordering online and gets shipped out to you.

Note that although the extra PS3 Navigation controller accessory is not required for every game, it is required for most. Nav controller is on sale for $20.99 at BB as well.

Update: Just FYI the PSN is back up and running for anybody that hadn't noticed and actually reads this OP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait. It's not giving me an option to have the gift card picked up in the store, as well. Only the Move Bundle. Hmmm...

[quote name='enforcer2003']For those of you considering trading in the bundled Sports Champion: The copy of the game included in the bundle doesn't have a UPC label (at least mine doesn't) so most places probably won't take it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit concerned about this. I can't try it today but I will tomorrow at my BB. I was wondering if people have tried the trade in program through their website? Like mail the game instead of going to the store. Any success with trading in this game (not for resale sports champions) B&M or online?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm a bit concerned about this. I can't try it today but I will tomorrow at my BB. I was wondering if people have tried the trade in program through their website? Like mail the game instead of going to the store. Any success with trading in this game (not for resale sports champions) B&M or online?[/QUOTE]

Check the tiv's at bb because I'm sure they are updated as sports champions only goes for $8 now if u didn't lock in the value online.

[quote name='jacobeid']Nothing out now interests me. I wish I knew what else was coming out that is move compatible that could sway me one way or the other. Sorcery, child of Eden...what happened to those infamous 2 reports last year?[/QUOTE]

Just buy it
E3 is in less than 30 days where you'll get all that info. it you don't like what you hear then return it...if you do like what's coming out then you got the best deal possible. You can't lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked it up at BB today. Waiting for a sale on the Nav controller so can't try out Killzone 3 yet.

Table tennis was surprisingly deep and hard....then again, I suck in real life :)

Also, dead space extraction is now playable

[quote name='boogie4114']Check the tiv's at bb because I'm sure they are updated as sports champions only goes for $8 now if u didn't lock in the value online.[/QUOTE]

I just got kicked in the fucking nuts

I did in-store pickup and the guy pulls out a PS3 Move Bundle 320Gb. I was silently shocked, but the cashier was actually smart and realized the difference in prices. The sheet only stated "move bundle" so it is entirely possible that someone could easily get a free ps3 out of this deal due to crappy best buy labels and a dumb cashier.

[quote name='4tygames']I did in-store pickup and the guy pulls out a PS3 Move Bundle 320Gb. I was silently shocked, but the cashier was actually smart and realized the difference in prices. The sheet only stated "move bundle" so it is entirely possible that someone could easily get a free ps3 out of this deal due to crappy best buy labels and a dumb cashier.[/QUOTE]

They've actually messed up a few of my in-store pickups. Always just platform stuff. Had to go back and exchange wii for ps3 etc. I can easily see them making more costly mistakes.

I was in store doing some trades and I noticed a sign on top of a stack of Heavy Rain games saying the game was free with purchase of a move bundle. I was assuming it was this bundle and if it was that would be a really nice deal. But it had to have been the system bundled with move.

ps3.gif
Buy PS3 Move bundle $99.
99 GET Heavy Rain free $29.99 (Navigation controller not included in Move Bundle)
That's from the K-Mart thread. Maybe BB is matching their deal? Issue is, the Move Bundle is $99.99 in-store while it's $79.99 + $20GC online, so how you'd mix/match the two deals together is the question.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They've actually messed up a few of my in-store pickups. Always just platform stuff. Had to go back and exchange wii for ps3 etc. I can easily see them making more costly mistakes.[/QUOTE]

I'm more surprised when they do get it right. Many times I get an email back saying that they can't find an item in store, and I go in and find it in a few minutes.

Alright, so now that I bit on this (the gift card is barely worth it, considering I wouldn't have had to pay tax on Amazon, but oh well...) what are good Move games? You know, besides Killzone 3 because I have no interest in that. Aaaand I'm not gonna buy Heavy Rain again just for the different controls. Besides them?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']That's from the K-Mart thread. Maybe BB is matching their deal? Issue is, the Move Bundle is $99.99 in-store while it's $79.99 + $20GC online, so how you'd mix/match the two deals together is the question.[/QUOTE]

You can get the $80 + 20 gc instore they just price match it accordingly. The kmart deal is a easy denial b/c it's "bundling" & the overall purchase amount isn't that large to offset adding in a $30 game.

[quote name='Svengoolie']Alright, so now that I bit on this (the gift card is barely worth it, considering I wouldn't have had to pay tax on Amazon, but oh well...) what are good Move games? You know, besides Killzone 3 because I have no interest in that. Aaaand I'm not gonna buy Heavy Rain again just for the different controls. Besides them?[/QUOTE]

Tiger Woods 11 or 12 has Move control options :)

[quote name='Enuf']You can get the $80 + 20 gc instore they just price match it accordingly. The kmart deal is a easy denial b/c it's "bundling" & the overall purchase amount isn't that large to offset adding in a $30 game.[/QUOTE]

The BB I went to wouldn't price-match their own site, so it's YMMV.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The BB I went to wouldn't price-match their own site, so it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

What was there reason? It's clearly not an "online only" offer. You need to make a BB forums post so BB Corp can resolve the issue with the store/regional managers. Then it won't be a problem for your future purchases.

FYI:the online price has change to $94 w/$20 gc

bread's done
Back