BB Console Trade In Promos - Save $50 on a 500GB AC Bundle - Up to $150 on a Wii U

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Not much specifics on the website regarding this promotion but it appears BB will start taking consoles and handhelds (or maybe they did and I didn't know)

Save $50 on a 500GB PS3 Assassin's Creed III Bundle when you trade in a gaming console or handheld system at a Best Buy store.

Receive $50–$150 to Use Toward a New Nintendo Wii U when you trade in your gaming console.

***Receive $50–$150 to Use Toward a New Nintendo Wii U

• $50 when you trade any Wii system
  • $100 when you trade any original model Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system
  • $125 when you trade any original model PS3 or Slim model Xbox 360 system
  • $150 when you trade any Slim model PS3.
In store only. Not available in all stores.
Store Locator ›
blank.gif

So I'm assuming you only get $150 for slim ps3 towards a Wii u if you preordered the Wii u right? Since apparently ppl who didn't preorder won't be able to buy one until next year

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I'm assuming you only get $150 for slim ps3 towards a Wii u if you preordered the Wii u right? Since apparently ppl who didn't preorder won't be able to buy one until next year[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll be THAT hard to find, but you never know...glad I locked in a Newegg preorder :)

I've never seen anyone attempt to trade in a console at a physical BB location. Do they test the machine to make sure it works?

I have a launch PS3 that bit the dust quite some time ago and I've been meaning to try and repair it but I would take $120 for it.

[quote name='GBAstar']I've never seen anyone attempt to trade in a console at a physical BB location. Do they test the machine to make sure it works?

I have a launch PS3 that bit the dust quite some time ago and I've been meaning to try and repair it but I would take $120 for it.[/QUOTE]

Don't be that guy.

i know the trade in page always listed consoles, but im pretty sure it always showed the value of everything as zero. i know ive never seen a used console in the store, maybe they ship them to be sold online only? either way should be a good way to get decent credit since they will be out of wii u's and will probably just give you a giftcard for the amount.

[quote name='GBAstar']I've never seen anyone attempt to trade in a console at a physical BB location. Do they test the machine to make sure it works?

I have a launch PS3 that bit the dust quite some time ago and I've been meaning to try and repair it but I would take $120 for it.[/QUOTE]Even if they dont test it in front of you, they will eventually test it. If it doesnt work, dont be surprised to see your account banned next time you try to trade in a game. BB has no problem banning people and that most definetly will earn you one

[quote name='Havok83']Even if they dont test it in front of you, they will eventually test it. If it doesnt work, dont be surprised to see your account banned next time you try to trade in a game. BB has no problem banning people and that most definetly will earn you one[/QUOTE]

Oh thank goodness!!! Someone who's an expert on Best Buy banning. Do you work for them? Can you explain exactly how the ban process works and what goes into the determination of who to ban? Is there any official way to get reinstated? I'm sure all of us will have more questions. Why didn't you speak up earlier, Mr. Best Buy CEO?????

The console values are listed in the online system now. So, apparently you don't have to put the console value towards a Wii U after all. 4GB Xbox 360 Slim is $125, 160GB PS3 is $150, etc. so you should be able to trade your system and get that value regardless.

You could also stack the console value with the $50 off AC3 Bundle deal so that a 500GB PS3/AC3/Blu-Ray Remote (which BB also includes) would be $249. Not as good as the $199 Super Slim BF Bundle IMO but still a solid deal...

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I wonder how long this is good for.[/QUOTE]

this!! I don't have the money now, so I'd also like to know when this deal expires!

So they would knock down the ACIII bundle to $249 and I'd then get $125 for a 360 slim 4gb to go towards that? Doesn't sound bad. It shows they still have 100% trade in too for games.

Interesting thing on the consoles is that the TIV on the same is the same regardless of HD. $125 for a slim 360 if you take the HD out is a good deal. i try to trade and upgrade every couple years so i might take my HDD out, trade for 150 and get a 4 gb this year. Those are $150 somewhere this year aren't they?

I have a 120gb PS3 Slim I've decided I want to sell - online it's saying it can trade in for $150, going to try this tonight in-store in Burbank, CA. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

[quote name='ritchardf']i know the trade in page always listed consoles, but im pretty sure it always showed the value of everything as zero. i know ive never seen a used console in the store, maybe they ship them to be sold online only? either way should be a good way to get decent credit since they will be out of wii u's and will probably just give you a giftcard for the amount.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the value's before I think a wii was >30$ and a PS3 was 75.00 they were horrible prices if I remember.

[quote name='prophetik']I have a 120gb PS3 Slim I've decided I want to sell - online it's saying it can trade in for $150, going to try this tonight in-store in Burbank, CA. I'll let everyone know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will you also let me know if they require you to have the composite cables, or whatever they're called.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Oh thank goodness!!! Someone who's an expert on Best Buy banning. Do you work for them? Can you explain exactly how the ban process works and what goes into the determination of who to ban? Is there any official way to get reinstated? I'm sure all of us will have more questions. Why didn't you speak up earlier, Mr. Best Buy CEO?????[/QUOTE]

Can the snarky attitude and go read the Best Buy Trade in thread if you don't want to believe his honest warning. About 60-70% of the regular contributors to that thread have been banned at some point, only about 2-3 have gotten the bans lifted, the rest were never offered a reason (including myself) and the ban is company wide and based on your drivers license number.

So yes, they are very willing to drop the ban hammer on someone that they feel is "using the system" without ever stating why.

[quote name='strawyleader997']I'll probably go trade in my xbox slim 4gb on Wednesday. What do they give for ds lites and 3ds?[/QUOTE]

it's in the OP....

[quote name='JohnWayne']Thanks, will you also let me know if they require you to have the composite cables, or whatever they're called.[/QUOTE]

Sure - I'll try to remember to ask about the cables.

Unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to attempt to trade this in. Had no idea doing a full restore on my PS3 would take 7 hours, heh.

Anyone know the tiv of a black dsi (mint condition)? I can't figure out how you guys are getting the trade estimator to work for consoles.

Getting this error:

An error has occurred while processing this page.
The most likely cause of this problem is that you left your computer idle and your session with us has expired, or you hit the back button and re-submitted an invalid form. Instead of using the back button, please re-select the category to start a new quote. Also, please ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser as this site requires them.

(Yes, I cleared my cache, restarted my browser, then computer, etc to no avail)

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I'm assuming you only get $150 for slim ps3 towards a Wii u if you preordered the Wii u right? Since apparently ppl who didn't preorder won't be able to buy one until next year[/QUOTE]

This is not fully accurate as the store i work at (San Marcos, CA) just got 2 of each model on today's truck. They were broadcasting over the intercom that we had them for sale just as i was ending my shift.

I was able to trade my 360 Elite for $100 towards a delux Wii U. The Best Buy at Sage Meadow Trail in Fort Worth, TX has both models in stock.

i dont think my best buy know wtf they are talking about lol. I called them up and they said my TIV for my PS3 160GB is $38 dollars lol wtf?

At first the in store system said my 120 gig elite had $0 value. The promo deal on the website didn't list any model numbers for the old 360s, so the store just gave me a $100 gift card to use towards the wii u.

[quote name='prophetik']Sure - I'll try to remember to ask about the cables.

Unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to attempt to trade this in. Had no idea doing a full restore on my PS3 would take 7 hours, heh.[/QUOTE]

So, I traded my 120gb PS3 Slim last night, and got a straight $150 Best Buy gift card. The girl handling my trade-in was a bit confused, called over another guy, he said he thought was odd, but...it's what the system said, so they gave it to me without any trouble. :)

I also asked about the cables, they aren't necessary, but they will take a bit off of the TIV.

In addition, they printed me out a $50 off coupon to put towards the Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle. Quite a deal if I had been interested in that.

Best of luck to those attempting a trade in.

I may try to find out tomorrow when I go in because I would really like to get that new Slim. I also wonder if they'll let me immediately trade in that Assassins Creed III to go toward it, lol.

let me know if they are taking the old white 360, i have one without the MS seal. Wondering if they would check that. Otherwise the unit is working fine!!!

[quote name='leung19']let me know if they are taking the old white 360, i have one without the MS seal. Wondering if they would check that. Otherwise the unit is working fine!!![/QUOTE]

If they are doing it right, they will. We shouldn't accept that cause it's possible that it has been tampered with.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Can the snarky attitude and go read the Best Buy Trade in thread if you don't want to believe his honest warning. About 60-70% of the regular contributors to that thread have been banned at some point, only about 2-3 have gotten the bans lifted, the rest were never offered a reason (including myself) and the ban is company wide and based on your drivers license number.

So yes, they are very willing to drop the ban hammer on someone that they feel is "using the system" without ever stating why.[/QUOTE]

The people posting in that thread are all full of shit...

"I only traded in one copy and I got bannedzzz" my ass!

The same people that post heavily in that thread are the same people buying up 5+ copies of Mayhem and posting about it in the Kmart thread.

If you use discretion you will never get banned. It isn't a conspiracy but I"m sure it sounds a lot of better (not to mention you can get some man love sympathy) if you say... "I only traded 3 games in this year and I got banned..."

rather then.. "I traded in 30 copies of Mayhem across 5 best buys and I got banned" :(

bread's done
Back