BB Employment Survey

GundamFan

CAGiversary!
What's the deal with these employment surveys? I have seen the same exact ones used for Best Buy and Albertson's. They basically give statements and you can answer agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree. Are these surveys actually used to filter through potential employees? Because some questions aren't really clear cut and they can be interpreted in different ways.

[quote name='GundamFan']What's the deal with these employment surveys? I have seen the same exact ones used for Best Buy and Albertson's. They basically give statements and you can answer agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree. Are these surveys actually used to filter through potential employees? Because some questions aren't really clear cut and they can be interpreted in different ways.[/QUOTE]
They throw them through a machine and it gives a general psychological profile on the person taking it. Including whether they're secretly gay or not.

I remember when I worked at radioshack we had to take a test. I saw my app later on and it had my test results on it. It said stuff, like trying to look good with answers given, is outspoken, and stays to self. How am I outspoken but yet staying to myself. Lots of companies are using those tests now.

Ha. That's my company in a nutshell. We don't work with Best Buy though, unfortunately. That would be some money right there. Ours are online though, much easier unless dealing with a populace that tends not to have internet access.

[quote name='GundamFan']What's the deal with these employment surveys? I have seen the same exact ones used for Best Buy and Albertson's. They basically give statements and you can answer agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree. Are these surveys actually used to filter through potential employees? Because some questions aren't really clear cut and they can be interpreted in different ways.[/QUOTE]

The ones at gamecrazy use a point system of some sort. They ask a lot of the same questions to check for consistency and judge how much time you take on the test. I failed it :lol: They should just ask 3 questions: Are you a psycho? can you operate a cash register? Do you have a tendency to take your pants off in public?

Someone once told me that by the way they score them, that you should use Strongly Agree/Disagree for every answer.

[quote name='Danro']Someone once told me that by the way they score them, that you should use Strongly Agree/Disagree for every answer.[/QUOTE]
Generally true. But most tests will include "trick" questions that will raise flags if you do that. Keep in mind that these things aren't generally the only factor in hires, so if you fake it, they'll usually figure it out during interviewing.

Not to mention for some things, you don't want to score really highly, depending on the job.

screw the personality tests. i think they should be giving potential employees IQ tests.
especially at fast food restaraunts. 90% i go to the burger king drive thru they fuck up my order. seriously, how hard is no tomatos, no onions?

[quote name='Graystone']I remember when I worked at radioshack we had to take a test. I saw my app later on and it had my test results on it. It said stuff, like trying to look good with answers given, is outspoken, and stays to self. How am I outspoken but yet staying to myself.[/QUOTE]

Anyone that takes the test seriously should be trying to look good with their answers. Sounds like a really worthwhile test. :lol:

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']i go to the burger king drive thru they fuck up my order. seriously, how hard is no tomatos, no onions?[/QUOTE]

This is why they work at fast food. Also when did boobs start eating food?

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']screw the personality tests. i think they should be giving potential employees IQ tests.
especially at fast food restaraunts. 90% i go to the burger king drive thru they fuck up my order. seriously, how hard is no tomatos, no onions?[/QUOTE]

I just usually take them out than to ask them to keep them off. Just saves a LOT of stress in the long run doing it that way.

bread's done
Back