BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Looking at the weekly deals ad right now on their website and they are saying the 30 dollar sale is online only...

Found the print ad also and its the same thing...

Obviously, not very happy about this... not in the least.[/QUOTE]

That's for the Digital version...

bbkoa.jpg

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']OMG I want to get KOAR! When will the magazine with the coupons get here. I sign up last month to get R3! OMG LOL[/QUOTE]
Just go to the store and tell them. They should take care of u

Okay dumb question but the coupon excludes the Kingdoms of Amalur PC digital download, right? I mean there's no way to use that to buy it online is there?

So it's basically just good for the boxed copy of the 360, PS3 and PC versions but not the PC DD?

*Edit: Never mind, looks like they are already deducting the $30 with the "after $30 savings" part but from a higher $60 MSRP. I don't imagine they price match digital downloads either, though Amazon has it for $40 regular price for the PC digital download http://www.amazon.com/Kingdoms-of-A...?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1342361648

[quote name='jedolley']That's for the Digital version...
[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is so full of fail. I want to buy the download and pick it up in store! Bit by bit.

DAMN YOU BEST BUY!

[quote name='Motoki']Okay dumb question but the coupon excludes the Kingdoms of Amalur PC digital download, right? I mean there's no way to use that to buy it online is there?

So it's basically just good for the boxed copy of the 360, PS3 and PC versions but not the PC DD?

*Edit: Never mind, looks like they are already deducting the $30 with the "after $30 savings" part but from a higher $60 MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the coupon cannot be used on the Digital version. I posted that because the a previous poster was upset that it was "on sale" for cheaper, but online only. Just pointing out there is no reason to be upset that a version that is not applicable is cheaper since with the coupon the boxed version are still $20 cheaper. Don't know if he really expected to get KOA for free with the cheaper price + coupon...

[quote name='iduncurr']
...and what's the likelihood that it'll go on sale for $34.99? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Slim to none. If it gets a discount it will be more than $5 off, which will create a dicey situation for you when you try to get it from BB for free.

No but you will have to spend $5 on a magazine in the store and use its coupon to buy Reckoning for $10(if you aren't unlocked and don't have the magazine). So more like $15 plus tax

[quote name='Chronicus_Prime']Do you have to be "unlocked" to get the 10$ KoA?[/QUOTE]

No. You just have to be gamer club member.

[quote name='confoosious']Best Buy is so full of fail. I want to buy the download and pick it up in store! Bit by bit.

DAMN YOU BEST BUY![/QUOTE]

I actually had to read that twice before I got it. Well played. :applause:

[quote name='io']I'm in the Pacific NW and didn't get mine today either. I'm sure it will come Monday :roll:. Oh well, if the right guy is in tomorrow in gaming I should be able to get one without the magazine - he's hooked me up before when the mag didn't arrive in time.

And by the way, just checked store locator and it is in stock at every single store within 100+ miles (like 12 of them). I've rarely seen that before on even regular things I'm looking at. So, yeah, for once we get something around here (usually we are OOS of most sale or clearance stuff - like the UC3 CEs, etc).[/QUOTE]

I'm in Washington, got mine Thursday.

About 11AM 7/15 on the east coast, and I haven't received my e-mail coupons yet.

Anyone know roughly when these should arrive in my inbox? Coupons go live today and I don't want my local BB running out of KoA before I get a crack at them!

[quote name='Knightbloom']About 11AM 7/15 on the east coast, and I haven't received my e-mail coupons yet.

Anyone know roughly when these should arrive in my inbox? Coupons go live today and I don't want my local BB running out of KoA before I get a crack at them![/QUOTE]

Email coupons? Unless you are talking about something different, Gamer mag coupons are physical only, you will get them in your mag

[quote name='bamistic']Email coupons? Unless you are talking about something different, Gamer mag coupons are physical only, you will get them in your mag[/QUOTE]
there is a digital subscription, you get the coupons emailed to you.

Didn't get my coupons yet but last week when i went to grab the only copy of KOAR on the shelf to grab to later do a return/rebuy with the coupon the clerk told me not to worry about it (we are cool so he told me about the coupon when I went to buy and i told him about my plan) and he checked out back and they had like 8 copies, and he told me he'd just scan the mag for me if mine hadn't arrived. Going after work to see if he keeps his word and grab some $5 blus

[quote name='strait edge follower']Its time for me to pick up koa for 360 and a used enslaved for ps3 :)[/QUOTE]
what does enslaved cost after the $5 coupon? I think there is a PS3 copy at my BB.

Interesting.... I just walked into my BB and caught the gamer rep taking all of the Xbox KoA games off the rack. He brought them all to the gamer station and put them under the counter. I walked up and asked him for one and he said OK. It rang up fine and it's sitting here in my car.... but... isn't that interesting?

[quote name='crupp']Interesting.... I just walked into my BB and caught the gamer rep taking all of the Xbox KoA games off the rack. He brought them all to the gamer station and put them under the counter. I walked up and asked him for one and he said OK. It rang up fine and it's sitting here in my car.... but... isn't that interesting?[/QUOTE]

A couple of weeks ago Mortal Kombat for Vita was $9.99 (one day sale) at Gamestop. I went before closing and they were sold out. Went back the next day and miracously it was one the shelf. I guess the magic delivery fairy delivered some over night.

MAde me think that they took them off the shelf on purpose.

How they can have already mailed the physical magazines and not send out the digital copy to digital subscribers today boggles the mind. The customers that are actually costing them substantially less money are the ones that have to wait.

Just picked up koa. There were 3 or 4 more left. No fable 3 used copies though. Im sure that will probably be a dod or lightning deal one day for 9.99 or so.

Picked up KoA:R at the Best Buy at the Fair City Mall this morning in Fairfax VA, looked like they had a few more copies for the 360 after the one I bought. No used games that caught my eye, so I'll hold onto that coupon for now.

Also picked up Kane & Lynch 2 for $4. Probably not worth much more than that, but I figure even if I can't stand it I can probably unload it for that much.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Mine has the game, but no magazines. What a joke![/QUOTE]

Did you ask the person working in the game dept? At my store they keep the current magazines under the counter and do not advertise having them at all. They do put the old magazines, once the coupons are expired, in a pile under the used xbox games (and still charge 4.99 for them fyi.)

Grabbed one of the last two copies of KOA at my store. Haven't received my mag yet but a manager scanned a coupon for me anyways. Also picked Dragon Quest VI for $7 on clearance. Pumped about that.

Got koa. Looked in the used area and they had a rdr goty for the same 17.99 so used the 5 dollar coupon and picked that up as well. Rdr goty isn't in the system as used so I'm guessing others might be able to find this as well

Just got back from the BB in Springfield PA where the copies of KoA are going quicker than I thought, they had 6 on Friday for 360, today 15 mins after the store opened there was only 3, I saw a girl pick up a 360 and a PS3 copy after I got mine so come 11.30 there was only one copy left for 360.

[quote name='the8055']Has everyone with the subscription already received their magazines?[/QUOTE]

I received my magazine a few days ago. I walked in and bought one of the three PC copies. My PS3 HDD took a dump a while ago, and I lost that save file. I'll just start over on the PC. It looks gorgeous running at 60 FPS. Hope everyone else gets their copy as well.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Did you ask the person working in the game dept? At my store they keep the current magazines under the counter and do not advertise having them at all. They do put the old magazines, once the coupons are expired, in a pile under the used xbox games (and still charge 4.99 for them fyi.)[/QUOTE]

I just found last months mags. I am waiting to ask somebody about this months one.

EDIT: They had the magazine in the back! Make sure to ask an associate if you don't see them on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Bangor, me, I was able to score stxt collector ed for 14.99 because they were out of the normal ed. The collector ed was clearanced for 34.99. Just a heads up for anyone in the area.

[quote name='lochdoun']Reckoning is in stock at all Best Buys in a 50 mile radius. Perhaps because I live in New England.[/QUOTE]

You really just want to troll for laughs dontcha. Lol

Got my copy of KoA and while I was there I was looking for Shadows of the Damned that someone on a different thread mentioned it was $10 but my store had 0 copies but I did find El Shaddai for $10 :D so It was all good.

[quote name='Skydude']Picked up KoA:R at the Best Buy at the Fair City Mall this morning in Fairfax VA, looked like they had a few more copies for the 360 after the one I bought. No used games that caught my eye, so I'll hold onto that coupon for now.

Also picked up Kane & Lynch 2 for $4. Probably not worth much more than that, but I figure even if I can't stand it I can probably unload it for that much.[/QUOTE]

In reference to K&L 2, if you have someone to coop with it can actually be pretty fun. Its like 6 hours of mindless nonstop action and shooting, but if you don't have real high expectations (I didn't) and a friend who will play (I did) then its enjoyable

I picked up the PS3 version of KOA at the Forum location in Selma TX. They had two left at 10:15am and 7 left for Xbox 360.

Note: They didn't have the July magazine for those looking to get the game and the coupon at the same time.

I grabbed what looked like the last copy of KoA (360) at the Galleria store in Houston. They didn't take my coupon, so I might be able to grab another in the area for someone who missed out.

[quote name='lochdoun']Reckoning is in stock at all Best Buys in a 50 mile radius. Perhaps because I live in New England.[/QUOTE]

Amular shows up everywhere for me in Minneapolis.

Question for those of you who get the digital delivery version. I see the magazine on my ipad, i'm flipping through the pages, and I see the "coupons" but there are no bar codes, nothing to print out. It's almost like an advertisement for coupons somewhere else, but they don't click or anything. Am I missing something?

I picked up a 360 copy of KOA this morning. They had about 5 left. No PS3 copies as far as I could see. Also, the gaming rep said he saw next week's ad, and while he only remembered two games he saw on it, he told me there will be a $9.99 blowout sale, that includes Assassin's Creed Revelations, Madden (I assume, 2012), and more he didn't remember. Something to keep an eye on.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']Question for those of you who get the digital delivery version. I see the magazine on my ipad, i'm flipping through the pages, and I see the "coupons" but there are no bar codes, nothing to print out. It's almost like an advertisement for coupons somewhere else, but they don't click or anything. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You usually get an email with your coupons or notifying your coupons are available and you print them from there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You usually get an email with your coupons or notifying your coupons are available and you print them from there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I haven't seen it yet, but I'll keep a lookout.

I managed to pick up a copy of KoA. I think there were like 3 left at my store. I havent even decided if I want it or not btu just in case I lockeed the TIV at Amazon for $19.

I stopped by at opening to do a return/rebuy and noticed that they didn't have any magazines. I asked one of the supervisors about them, and told him that the coupons started today, and he went right in the back and pulled out a box of them.
I ended up buying a second mag and copy of KOA.

I see the tin foil hats are out today.

Perhaps they are just trying to prevent el Hoardo. The point of the coupons is to move inventory, not hide them.

Also ended up buying a second magazine and another copy of Of for a friend.

bread's done
Back