BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']What a waste of money on movies...should've gotten the $10 steel books of Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Clash of the Titans w/ free Dark knight rises coupon, etc if you're paying that price...[/QUOTE]

What a waste of sperm and eggs - making assumptions about what others want/like

[quote name='jcp42877']What a waste of money on movies...should've gotten the $10 steel books of Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Clash of the Titans w/ free Dark knight rises coupon, etc if you're paying that price...[/QUOTE]

Who are you to judge what movies he should buy with his money?

[quote name='fatpants']Just grabbed KOA:R in Salem, NH. Had maybe 10 copies for 360, didn't look at other systems.[/QUOTE]

Another NH CAG! Very cool!

I'm about an hour from Nashua, NH BB and cant get there till Friday at the earliest. It shows in stock online, can I do a store pickup, then go on Friday, sign up for Unlocked and use the coupon then?

just got last copy each of koa for $22 total on 360/ps3. woot and thanx cag!
(are they making a goty version or why is this game so sold out, or just cuz cags?, just seems like $10 and every place oos would mean they are making way for something... and for all the talk cagcast had on this game i thought it sold well?)idk

my store went from about 7 in stock yesterday to zero by 11am today, lol. I was in there just to grab a pickup I had done and went to look to see if they had the mag/games. They had a couple ps3 copies left but no 360 ones. I checked and the guy said they were all gone. THats pretty quick. Looking at this thread it seems a lot of people are having trouble getting the 360 version

I have 2 ps3 and 2 360 versions i had picked up ahead of time for this that i was gonna return/rebuy one set (and just return the 2nd.. reordered it for the $10 pickup option) and try to use my coupon on both.I guess my store will have one extra 360 copy when i get around to that

Just FYI to those deciding what version to get. It seems the 360 version has some screen tearing and the ps3 version has jaggies.. so basically pick your poison. 360 does have a few neat motion blur effects too though

^_^x KD

[quote name='Velo214']just got last copy each of koa for $22 total on 360/ps3. woot and thanx cag!
(are they making a goty version or why is this game so sold out, or just cuz cags?, just seems like $10 and every place oos would mean they are making way for something... and for all the talk cagcast had on this game i thought it sold well?)idk[/QUOTE]

have you not heard, the developers/ company went bankrupt, LOL so it is highly unlikely there will be a goty, or any sequel. THere is also the chance there might not be any more copies getting published

[quote name='theEchness']does anyone do the digital copy? I'm wondering how this works. i know they email them to you, but how long until you get the email?

I'm thinking of switching to the digital version so I can get my coupons quicker.[/QUOTE]

Did they change it to digital coupons? When I had the digital subscription, they mailed me an envelope with the coupons in them. Which seemed kind of silly to me.

[quote name='YBX87']have you not heard, the developers/ company went bankrupt, LOL so it is highly unlikely there will be a goty, or any sequel. THere is also the chance there might not be any more copies getting published[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, EA said they would like to partner for a sequel to R:KOA if it ever gets picked up again.

FYI - just got back from my store (Madison, WI west side) and their shipment of this month's magazines is late so they won't have them until tomorrow or Tuesday. They have a sheet with the coupon SKUs at the game section register however and will enter them in for you if you ask. Picked up the second to last copy of KoA: Reckoning for PS3.

[quote name='grrouchie']I ended up having to go to two different Best Buy's today.
First one had a copy of Super 8 for $7.99 so I picked that up. I grabbed KOA: Reckoning but I couldn't find the magazine. I asked an associate who pointed me towards the 3 places that held 40+ of the old Mag that expired yesterday.
I then asked if they had the new one that started today so he checked in the back and couldn't find them and told me I was out of luck.

I then headed to Best Buy #2 and they did have the mag. I grabbed that and KOA, then while walking around on the phone I saw that they had All 3 Ice Age movies and Horton Hears a Who on Blue for $9.99 each and I decided to grab those as well.

I got to the register and put everything on the counter. Let the guy know I wanted to use a coupon in the mag and that I wanted to use two of my $5 gift certificates.

he rang everything up, applied my two coupons, ripped out the KOA coupon and used that as well.

Not till I just got home that I noticed he didn't scan the magazine.
So, I technically got KOA for free today counting my two RZ coupons.
I'm happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Horton! I'll do the DVD trade in and get that for $5 off.

Also, I will do like someone mentioned in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324561 and hit a Dollar Tree for DVDs(to trade in), depending on how many of my own I want to trade vs how many blu-rays I want to get.

I picked up the last copy of Reckoning at my store this morning. I had planned to buy the magazine too since my issue hasn't arrived but the cashier saw I was unlocked and just scanned the coupon. Also picked up a cheap 8 gig flash drive. Loving Best Buy!

Picked up the 360 version at my store and there were 3 to 4 of each left. Unfortunately no Shadows of the Damned to go with it though. I don't think anyone had bought any yet as there always seems to be 3 or 4 there. I'm hoping for a sale price on SFVT as getting that for $10 would be epic.

This is frustrating. I didnt know that I was digital so I was wondering where my magazine was. How do I get the coupons when I get the digital version?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Another NH CAG! Very cool!

I'm about an hour from Nashua, NH BB and cant get there till Friday at the earliest. It shows in stock online, can I do a store pickup, then go on Friday, sign up for Unlocked and use the coupon then?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to return and rebuy it, I think. I went to the Nashua store this morning and got one of the 2 KOA's for PS3 there. Not sure how many 360's there were.

Grabbed KOA for 360 at my local store - another great deal. The subscription has been well worth it.

Also grabbed Batman Begins and Dark Night steelbook Blu rays with the trade in deal. They are practically giving these away with the movie cash and ultra violet copies included.

[quote name='henryVIII']Picked up a PS3 copy of KoA at Deerfield, IL location. Probably about 4-6 left. Did not check Xbox.

Was hoping the cashier would let me keep the coupon, but she was wise to it, and wrote VOID on the back. Oh well, can't complain. She did what she was supposed to do.

Happy with KoA for $10.[/QUOTE]
The tag team of associates that rang me out did the same but wrote "omit" on the coupon bar code, they also marked "omit

[quote name='jedolley']Who are you to judge what movies he should buy with his money?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter... I have good taste.

Would just rather here what loopholes and bargains exist this week than blogfaqs on this guys hindsight-ish best buy purchases..

[quote name='dominator']Wow...

Anyways, of any of you guys that are receiving the digital copy of the magazine, have you gotten your coupons yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, and I am not pleased

[quote name='dominator']Wow...

Anyways, of any of you guys that are receiving the digital copy of the magazine, have you gotten your coupons yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. All stores in my area still show in stock, but I just hope they get in soon. I have no idea how emailed coupons could be late.

[quote name='ShadyChicano']Got street fighter x tekken special edition for 14:99 cuz guy says he sees me there all the time[/QUOTE]
What? Please elaborate some more?

What the hell gives you the right to dictate how another person should spend their money?

[quote name='Shiftygism']The tag team of associates that rang me out did the same but wrote "omit" on the coupon bar code, they also marked "omit

[quote name='Shiftygism']The tag team of associates that rang me out did the same but wrote "omit" on the coupon bar code, they also marked "omit

[quote name='BrokeAssFool']You'll have to return and rebuy it, I think. I went to the Nashua store this morning and got one of the 2 KOA's for PS3 there. Not sure how many 360's there were.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks. Gonna see how stock looks over the course of the week. Since the coupon goes till 9/1 I can be patient.

For those of you who haven't gotten the magazine or coupons yet (like me), go in to the store and explain it to them. I know it's YMMV, but I've never had an issue with this @ 2 different stores. They seem to understand how fickle the delivery is, and when I picked up my copy this morning they even gave me a magazine for the inconvenience. As a side, this morning all the stores in my area had them. Now, they're only 2 stores left with any copies (PS3).

[quote name='k1ngster']
[quote name='ShadyChicano']
Got street fighter x tekken special edition for 14:99 cuz guy says he sees me there all the time[/QUOTE]

What? Please elaborate some more?[/QUOTE]

It's called a pick-up line.

Was out of town this morning and forgot my gaming mag at home. Checked inventory online at my local store and saw it was "ship to store", not "available". Explained the situation to the guy at the gaming counter at the BB in the area I was at and he was cool about letting me use the coupon from the display shelf.

[quote name='k1ngster']What? Please elaborate some more?[/QUOTE]

Probably used the coupon on the X360 SE version which is $34.99 - $20 coupon.

Yeesh. More than half of the stock I reported yesterday was sold. Even my friend who works at Best Buy, who saw me carrying it, had contemplated getting it.

Anyway, everything went smoothly at my store.

Got my copy of KOA this morning a little after 11am. Didnt really look but I think there were maybe 2 other copies on the shelf for 360 (didnt look for ps3)

I used a 10 GC from a previous instore pickup. Just went ahead and paid the .91 in tax.

So yea, tax kills the deal...

Went to the local BB around 1pm to snag KoA. There was only 2 copies of PS3 left and at least a dozen 360 versions. Went ahead and picked up a pre-owned copy of Gears 2 for 4.99 too. No issues, they did keep my coupon though.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Snagged the last 360 copy at the southcenter store near Seattle, WA. They had a few ps3 left.[/QUOTE]

Another seattle CAG! I called this morning and had the Southcenter store put a 360 copy on hold for me. Just got home with it, now they're officially out lol.

Went to BB earlier today and they were completely sold out of all copies of KOA:R. The gaming section cashier was incredibly nice and said that he can order it online and have it shipped to my house and still use the coupon.

You guys could try asking if that's an option if your store doesn't have any more copies. Of course, YMMV.

[quote name='breakfuss']For those of you who haven't gotten the magazine or coupons yet (like me), go in to the store and explain it to them. I know it's YMMV, but I've never had an issue with this @ 2 different stores. They seem to understand how fickle the delivery is, and when I picked up my copy this morning they even gave me a magazine for the inconvenience. As a side, this morning all the stores in my area had them. Now, they're only 2 stores left with any copies (PS3).[/QUOTE]

Kinda YMMV for this, i did this last month and they didn't simply just let me have it.. He had to ask his manager then proceeded to look up my info on the computer and saw that i was Unlocked, even after that they have to decide what to do because they told me they have to get the coupons and keep them. The manager told me he'll do it only this time but not again and i should contact best buy to ask about the magazine. Took about 10-15 mins but i got it, i wasn't unhappy about anything because i fully understand it's to prevent all those copies of fake coupons, etc. but just though it'll be a lot easier to do it without the magazine.

Was gonna pick up KOA but damnit i waited too long now all the stores near me are OOS.. Does anyone know about shipments or should i do a ship to store and return and rebuy for the coupon?

For me it was a matter of how I asked the guy that I talked to. At first, I just explained to him that I had just recently joined Unlocked a few weeks ago, and that the website said that I wouldn't start receiving the magazine until the next (September) issue, and then asked if there was anything he could do for me (leaving it general so that it could be up to him how he'd handle it). To that he responded that he didn't think there was anything that he could do, and I'd just have to buy the magazine if I wanted the coupon. Then I asked him (more specifically) if he couldn't just scan the coupon from the magazine, and he said he'd try it. No surprise, it worked.

If they have to actually keep the coupon, then well... hopefully he doesn't get in trouble. But really, they should have a system in place for handling this for new members. Just leaving them high and dry for two months right after joining is pretty lame.

[quote name='arcane93']For me it was a matter of how I asked the guy that I talked to. At first, I just explained to him that I had just recently joined Unlocked a few weeks ago, and that the website said that I wouldn't start receiving the magazine until the next (September) issue, and then asked if there was anything he could do for me (leaving it general so that it could be up to him how he'd handle it). To that he responded that he didn't think there was anything that he could do, and I'd just have to buy the magazine if I wanted the coupon. Then I asked him (more specifically) if he couldn't just scan the coupon from the magazine, and he said he'd try it. No surprise, it worked.

If they have to actually keep the coupon, then well... hopefully he doesn't get in trouble. But really, they should have a system in place for handling this for new members. Just leaving them high and dry for two months right after joining is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Don't seem like they keep the coupon at all. I just bought KoA and the cashier just put the coupon in the trashcan when I was done.

Wow yesterday all stores in my area showed having copies, but by the time I left to get one this afternoon the local store was out and I had to go the next town over. I got the next to last ps3 copy there. The cashier said "wow, this is like the 10th copy of this I've sold today".

I said, well the coupon started today so...

Anyway, if this is anything like ssx and soul calibur V they will get another shipment before the coupon expires.

Check your stores again mid week if you struck out this weekend.

I hope Tiger goes on sale soon. I'd like to get it as a birthday gift for my pops.

Got KOA for the PS3 a few hours ago. They had quite a few copies left, actually. So I got the magazine for $5, told the guy I wanted to get it and use the coupon in it on the game. So he scanned them both, tore the wrapping off of the magazine and scanned the coupon. Didn't write anything on it, didn't take anything out. He just left it alone. Then I gave the SFxT coupon to my friend and to use if it goes on a sale. So a happy ending for all. (Note: I'm not going to get another copy with the KOA coupon I still have, just figured it'd be cool to mention)

[quote name='blucadet3']Wow yesterday all stores in my area showed having copies, but by the time I left to get one this afternoon the local store was out and I had to go the next town over. I got the next to last ps3 copy there. The cashier said "wow, this is like the 10th copy of this I've sold today".

I said, well the coupon started today so...

Anyway, if this is anything like ssx and soul calibur V they will get another shipment before the coupon expires.

Check your stores again mid week if you struck out this weekend.

I hope Tiger goes on sale soon. I'd like to get it as a birthday gift for my pops.[/QUOTE]

Again unless BB corporate is sitting on a bunch of copies in the warehouse EA is NOT going to reprint this game unless they reach deals with Epic (who now own Reckoning developer Big Huge Games) &/or the state of Rhode Island (who own the Amalur IP now that 38 Studios is gone) for a sequel.

Went to my local best buy but no magazine. They also only had one copy of KOA left. So I asked them to hold it til the magazine came in so I could buy it and they said yes and for me to check back tomorrow. Now its the waiting game.

bread's done
Back