BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Well according to the store pickup 2 out of my 3 local stores are sold out :( I really hope my issue comes in tomorrow. If it's not here after work i'm gonna drive by there and see if they can let me use a coupon for the issue in the store.

[quote name='MikePWV']Well according to the store pickup 2 out of my 3 local stores are sold out :( I really hope my issue comes in tomorrow. If it's not here after work i'm gonna drive by there and see if they can let me use a coupon for the issue in the store.[/QUOTE]
I did the ship to store and do the return rebuy, just got the mag today and going to pick up the game next week

No luck at two different BBs today. Went kinda late around 5pm. It's sucks and since the developer went under I doubt their gonna restock.:cry:

[quote name='j.t']No luck at two different BBs today. Went kinda late around 5pm. It's sucks and since the developer went under I doubt their gonna restock.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Do a pick up or ship to store order now, they are still available now.

I decided to just go ahead and order it for in-store pickup at my local store and cancel it out in store and rebuy it using the coupon. think that is the best way i have of getting the game.

It seems to me the stock issue has been a little harder to come by than before.

I notice a lot more CAGs have been doing the return/rebuy trick now so Day 1 purchases although not to the point of having to stress for it has gotten a bit harder now.

There were 2 left at the BB I went to, around 11am. Got one and signed up for the gamer unlocked. Chose physical. He said that if you dont get the magazine in time that he's scanned the coupon for people in the past after they make sure your unlocked or whatever.

Another person saw me with the game and asked where it was, this was maybe 5 minutes after I grabbed mine. The other copy was gone.

When I was signing up for the gamer unlocked thing I saw three PC copies behind the counter and an opened anti-theft case. I'm not going to say an employee snagged that last copy, but why were the only PC copies I could see also behind the counter?

A buddy of mine gets the coupons but didn't want KoA:R so I said I'd get it. We went to our only Best Buy on Saturday hoping they would cut us a break and activate the coupon early. They wouldn't. At the time there were 5 copies of KoA:R for PS3 and 5 for 360. I didn't have enough money on me to do the buy/return/rebuy trick so I hid one PS3 copy behind some Carnival Island copies in case they were all nabbed up. Luckily I did.

We went back this morning and all 5 of the 360 copies are still there but the 4 PS3 copies were gone. Luckily the one I hid was still there so I nabbed it up. I asked the guy at the register and he said someone swooped in late last night and bought all 4 PS3 copies in one fell swoop.

And as we all know "Swooping is bad"

[quote name='TooPoor']Do a pick up or ship to store order now, they are still available now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thanks. Will do.

I got a PS3 version of Kingdom today at my local BB (NW Ohio) but also got a small deal on clearance on the Skylanders Mega Pack Xbox 360. It was marked down to clearance 39.99 and the $15 Skylanders Starter Pack coupon in the magazine worked also. Walked out with Skylanders MP & Kingdom for $37.XX.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']A buddy of mine gets the coupons but didn't want KoA:R so I said I'd get it. We went to our only Best Buy on Saturday hoping they would cut us a break and activate the coupon early. They wouldn't. At the time there were 5 copies of KoA:R for PS3 and 5 for 360. I didn't have enough money on me to do the buy/return/rebuy trick so I hid one PS3 copy behind some Carnival Island copies in case they were all nabbed up. Luckily I did.

We went back this morning and all 5 of the 360 copies are still there but the 4 PS3 copies were gone. Luckily the one I hid was still there so I nabbed it up. I asked the guy at the register and he said someone swooped in late last night and bought all 4 PS3 copies in one fell swoop.

And as we all know "Swooping is bad"[/QUOTE]

I tried to hide a copy last weekend, but it didn't work out. I think I was either spotted on camera or some really dedicated BB employee likes to keep things in the game section neat and orderly. As of last Tuesday, my local BB was down to 2 copies of KOA for PS3 so I went ahead and bought one with the intention of doing a return/re-buy.

So glad I did the online order pickup because there were none left at the store in Rego Park. I was going to do the return/buy back, but the girl said I had to wait 24 hours to do that with an online order. I don't mind since I'm going to another Best buy to search for Shadows of the Damned tomorrow, which was not at the store either.

Funny thing was that the guy was like we don't have any game called Kingdoms of Amalur, then after I said the full name he said oooo Reckoning #-o

Wait, so I have to spend $15 to get the magazine and then take the coupon out of the magazine and go buy the game?

So pretty much KOA:R for $25

Still a decent deal but I think i'll wait. I'm already on GameStop's PUR Pro

Edit: Just looked at the date. If I went and signed up tomorrow would I get the mag that has the coupons or is it too late?

[quote name='DTvn']Wait, so I have to spend $15 to get the magazine and then take the coupon out of the magazine and go buy the game?

Still a decent deal but I think i'll wait. I'm already on GameStop's PUR Pro[/QUOTE]

If you JUST want the game then the individual mag is $5. So it would be $15. The $15 is for a year of mags (all with new coupons). It is really the best deal for a trade program.

[quote name='DTvn']Wait, so I have to spend $15 to get the magazine and then take the coupon out of the magazine and go buy the game?

Edit: Just looked at the date. If I went and signed up tomorrow would I get the mag that has the coupons or is it too late?[/QUOTE]

You can go buy the mag for 5 bucks and use the coupon to get the game for 10, so you don't need the membership. You can get KOA for 15 out the door.

Edit: Just looked at the date. If I went and signed up tomorrow would I get the mag that has the coupons or is it too late?[/QUOTE]

if you cannot afford the $15 to signup, maybe you should be spending money on games at all, LOL

[quote name='YBX87']if you cannot afford the $15 to signup, maybe you should be spending money on games at all, LOL[/QUOTE]
Maybe you shouldn't judge a person by how they choose to spend their money; troll.

Edit: Just looked at the date. If I went and signed up tomorrow would I get the mag that has the coupons or is it too late?[/QUOTE]Only if they have the coupons in store. You probably wont get your first mag in the mail till September, maybe Oct

[quote name='mars009']Wait so we can use our coupon to get more than one copy o_0 ?? Either way I got my copy, but a friend would like one too[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Most stores only accept 1 game per coupon.

[quote name='lochdoun']Maybe you shouldn't judge a person by how they choose to spend their money; troll.[/QUOTE]

LOL, did you get your koa today

[/QUOTE]

The point is they have been pretty consistent with at least one awesome coupon every month. So the real question is will you be saying the same thing next month on that $10 game coupon? The month after that? At what point do you just get the subscription and stop adding the $15 price to the deal every month? $10 Batman AC, $10 SSX and $10 KoA with super cheap ASS Revelations and FFX2 has spoke volumes.

It's people buying just the mag and not the sub that seems awfully silly to me.

How the hell anyone still signs up for PUR Pro when their 'rewards' coupons require you to use insane amounts of points from trades and purchases just to get them is a miracle to me, especially considering you get the @Gamer coupons along with your Gamer's Club Unlocked membership with the mag subscription.;)

I'd gladly shill for BB's program outside every local GS store for FREE if they'd let me.:evil:

Sorry if this was posted. But I went on someone's recommendation to instore pickup, then return/rebuy with coupon for KoA.

My BB is telling me there is a 2 hour period before you can return a web purchase? Is this new?

[quote name='gunstar808']Sorry if this was posted. But I went on someone's recommendation to instore pickup, then return/rebuy with coupon for KoA.

My BB is telling me there is a 2 hour period before you can return a web purchase? Is this new?[/QUOTE]

nope. that's the usual.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How the hell anyone still signs up for PUR Pro when their 'rewards' coupons require you to use insane amounts of points from trades and purchases just to get them is a miracle to me, especially considering you get the @Gamer coupons along with your Gamer's Club Unlocked membership with the mag subscription.;)

I'd gladly shill for BB's program outside every local GS store for FREE if they'd let me.:evil:[/QUOTE]

:applause:lol! I luv to be there seeing you do this in front of the Gamestop you're banned from;)

Picked up a copy of KoA today for the requisite $9.99 and happened to see that Batman Arkham City Collector's Edition for PS3 was on clearance for 24.99. Not sure if that's old news but I got both for $27 out the door after a $10 RZ coupon. Not bad at all.

Glad I went when they opened this morning for KOA. I live within 20 minutes of 5 best buys, and all were in stock this morning and are wiped out now

[quote name='blcklblskt']YMMV. Most stores only accept 1 game per coupon.[/QUOTE]

I see, that makes sense. Just started playing and I'm going to say I really like the gameplay. I like how you can combine attacks and what not :bouncy:

Whew lucky to still get one Reckoning :ps3: copy. I have played this back then, had such a great time and now i totally forgot what was my plan for my character.:roll:

Really looking for to sequel of this. Great art style, combat, but the lore (and the way it is revealed to player) is something i don't like. They like freaking told almost everything in a textbook way.
Sometimes you gotta leave some things untold and let the player investigate or think about it and come up with conclusions(whether it may be true or not) for himself (whats up Dark souls!:D).

I signed up for Unlocked a couple of weeks back. The person I signed up with said if I don't get my magazin e by now (which I don't think it will anyway), they can just scan one for me on the site. So I tried today, and the supervisor said they don't do that. Long story short, no KoA today. He did say the 39.99 is a permanent price drop. Anyone here have similar issues?

& these magazines are sold in Best Buy or anywhere?

I really should just goggle all this but you know... you guys are so nice :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How the hell anyone still signs up for PUR Pro when their 'rewards' coupons require you to use insane amounts of points from trades and purchases just to get them is a miracle to me, especially considering you get the @Gamer coupons along with your Gamer's Club Unlocked membership with the mag subscription.;)

I'd gladly shill for BB's program outside every local GS store for FREE if they'd let me.:evil:[/QUOTE]

Agreed! The bestbuy crew (at least mine) are awesome and very helpful, though I worked for a vendor and kind of know them better than most. The GS stores are always full of smart mouthed assholes.

I posted in the GS thread of the RPG specials, when i went in to the Arkansas store to look for Alpha and FO3, the guy was a prick when I said 'no thanks' to their "insurance"... on a ps3 game... seriously bro -.- ... anyways, he must have been in a bad mood, because he asked for my information and proceeded to tell me in some odd smug voice "it expired.. YESTERDAY" almost like a "too bad" and proceeded to say "Guess you want to renew that?", so I said "No man, that's alright, I'm signed up at bestbuy". He got a pissy look, it was awesome. :lol:

I don't see why anyone would want the PUR also. You pay the same amount and get awesome coupons, plus it goes towards all sorts of REWARDS bonuses and you get the mag which I think is better than the Game Informer. ;)

SUCK IT GAMESTOP. :bouncy:

I've used several used coupon deals along with the MLB 11 deal, SSX, DW (Free) KOA and others for $10. Who doesn't like that? It takes too many points to get anything from GS. And BB will PM GS. :drool:

[quote name='DTvn']& these magazines are sold in Best Buy or anywhere?

I really should just goggle all this but you know... you guys are so nice :)[/QUOTE]
As far as I know they're only really sold at Best Buy's stores, though they do have a website you can subscribe to it from. But you're better off doing so in store cuz at least then you get the Gamer's Club Unlocked 10% discount/bump with pre-owned games and game trades AND the welcome packet coupons.

You left off the most useful part of the whole program... the extra 10% on trade-ins and 10% off used games. I use that way more than I use the silly coupons.

[quote name='cag1125']I signed up for Unlocked a couple of weeks back. The person I signed up with said if I don't get my magazin e by now (which I don't think it will anyway), they can just scan one for me on the site. So I tried today, and the supervisor said they don't do that. Long story short, no KoA today. He did say the 39.99 is a permanent price drop. Anyone here have similar issues?[/QUOTE]
Did you bring in your receipt? I was told to bring mine back with me and they'd give me a store copy of that month's magazine. But I didn't need it cause the guy who sold it to me happened to be working that shift. I'd suggest just trying again later (if the game is even still around later).

[quote name='Woocls']You left off the most useful part of the whole program... the extra 10% on trade-ins and 10% off used games. I use that way more than I use the silly coupons.[/QUOTE]
I was using both equally months ago, but stopped doing trades after March or April(due to a ban). So since then the coupons have been the best part of the GCU for me. But it's all good to me.

Oh and I mentioned the 10% for PO and trade bump in the post above yours.;)

I mean, PUR Pro gets 10% extra trade ins and 10% off Pre-owned too ;D

But i'm definitely switching to the BBuy thing after my subscription runs out. I'm pretty much just paying for the GameInformer mags right now. I'll have to do some research on the BBuy pre-owned games and trading in but it definitely sounds like a better deal than what i'm paying for at GS

[quote name='gunstar808']Sorry if this was posted. But I went on someone's recommendation to instore pickup, then return/rebuy with coupon for KoA.

My BB is telling me there is a 2 hour period before you can return a web purchase? Is this new?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I still don't know if it's a literal policy or the system would prohibit them from doing so. Will find out next weekend when I pick up mine.

I subscribe to PUR because I like reading GameInformer. I'm up for renewal so if anybody knows where to subscribe to it cheap then I'll do that instead. @gamer sucks as a magazine. If only GameInformer had the BB coupons in them instead of being associated with Game Stop

The last time I had an issue of GI it was about 40% ad space and the remaining 60% of articles and what not didn't seem too well written. It's definitely changed since the days of Funcoland, that's for sure.

[quote name='jsivley']I subscribe to PUR because I like reading GameInformer. I'm up for renewal so if anybody knows where to subscribe to it cheap then I'll do that instead. @gamer sucks as a magazine. If only GameInformer had the BB coupons in them instead of being associated with Game Stop[/QUOTE]If GI had coupons what games do you think they would be good on? Used:roll:. It would then come down to a $10 new game vs a $9 used game. GS doesn't make much on new copies which is why they pushed the used versions so hard. I have both subs b/c there are deals where GS comes out ahead & I do them when the come but BB just keeps the deals coming week after week month after month.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are you suppose to get your welcome package right at the store when you subscribe?[/QUOTE]

No...it comes in the mail. I think I signed up at the end of May, and my welcome package just came a week or two ago. Still haven't gotten my first issue of the magazine.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are you suppose to get your welcome package right at the store when you subscribe?[/QUOTE]

No. It comes by mail. You should get your first issue though.

[quote name='MR_E']No...it comes in the mail. I think I signed up at the end of May, and my welcome package just came a week or two ago. Still haven't gotten my first issue of the magazine.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt really be expecting it.. I signed up the first week on june and i emailed the customer service. They said i will receive my first issue in September. I went up to Best Buy today and the video game clerk gave me the newest issue and a couple of old ones. Worth a shot, i was going to buy the mag anyways for the KOA deal.

bread's done
Back