BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully their stock locator is correct because it shows KoA in stock for PC all around where I live and I'm stuck working for another 2 hours. :(

[quote name='YBX87']not sure, it could be a temporily price drop like they did with ssx, and soul calibur with last months coupon. If you really want tera, my advice would be to find another store with tera if you can. Honestly it is highly unlike to go below $10 with the coupon[/QUOTE]

Yea, I agree. I was out of town all last week and I did see the DOTD in the morning. I hesitated on it, and when I checked back later it was unavailable in my area. $10 is still a pretty good deal though. Hopefully they restock by the end of the week.

[quote name='barrit']Yea, I agree. I was out of town all last week and I did see the DOTD in the morning. I hesitated on it, and when I checked back later it was unavailable in my area. $10 is still a pretty good deal though. Hopefully they restock by the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the dotd price for tera was $7.99, so $10 is not that bad of a deal. like i said bestbuy does do unadvertise temporily price drops, so It is best not to wait till next week, if you really want tera

[quote name='CAGkrazy']my gamer magazine hasnt arrived yet. went to local store, they have no magazines available to buy. no KoA ps3 copy on shelves... sad sad day so far. hope they restock on the ps3 copy. xbox had alot of stock still. wonder why thats the case.... is ps3 copies more superior or something?[/QUOTE]

Many pro reviews of the game were on PS3 disks, 360 version has to be installed to run well, 360 has seen more games of that type like Witcher 2 (exclusive) & Dragon's Dogma (2 month early access to RE 6 demo on 360,) lots of Skyrim PS3 players switched to Amalur b/c of how poorly Skyrim ran on PS3, & EA probably printed fewer copies on PS3 b/c of smaller userbase and western RPG's don't sell as well on PS3 (many of its users are JRPG fans & western RPG's generally don't run as well on PS3.)

[quote name='maxiell']Best Buy still has yet to send the digital coupons, and there is now zero Amalur in NYC. Screwing over their best customers; giving their best deals to people buying multiple copies of the game to resell. I don't even know why I got my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

The Atlantic Ave./Pacific St. BB has PS3 in stock. The 360 version is available at 86th and Lexington, which is a five minute ride on the 4 or 5 from Union Square.

[quote name='GBAstar']no one has had any success getting the SFxT CE to work with the $20 off coupon?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't it work? I recall with SCV CE and the SCV coupon in the June issue it worked for many people.

I know this is a little off topic, but I was just wondering if anyone knows how and when the coupons are sent to me since I just changed over to the digital version of the mag. No one from customer service can give me a answer and they keep shooting me to the customer service at bestbuy.com, then they direct me to @gamer customer service.

Anyone get the digital version of the coupons here? When do you get them? Do you get them from your email or somewhere else?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Shouldn't it work? I recall with SCV CE and the SCV coupon in the June issue it worked for many people.[/QUOTE]

People have reported that it wasn't working despite it working with SCV CE and FF XIII-2. I was just wondering if anyone had tried today as I plan on going tonight. I believe the 360 CE is ~ $35 while the PS3 is still MSRP so I was going to pick up the 360 version if I could get it reduced by another $20

[quote name='MSUHitman']Many pro reviews of the game were on PS3 disks, 360 version has to be installed to run well, 360 has seen more games of that type like Witcher 2 (exclusive) & Dragon's Dogma (2 month early access to RE 6 demo on 360,) lots of Skyrim PS3 players switched to Amalur b/c of how poorly Skyrim ran on PS3, & EA probably printed fewer copies on PS3 b/c of smaller userbase and western RPG's don't sell as well on PS3 (many of its users are JRPG fans & western RPG's generally don't run as well on PS3.)[/QUOTE]

i see! thanks for the info. i really hope they restock on these. my local frys has tons of ps3 copies but since they cant price match coupons... im still out of luck...

[quote name='CAGkrazy']i see! thanks for the info. i really hope they restock on these. my local frys has tons of ps3 copies but since they cant price match coupons... im still out of luck...[/QUOTE]

good luck, i heard rumors that koa is being discountinued, and no more addition copies are going to be published, that is what is causing ppl to buy it up so fast, and early

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, i heard rumors that koa is being discountinued, and no more addition copies are going to be published, that is what is causing ppl to buy it up so fast, and early[/QUOTE]

This is what one of the best buys near me said

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Still have not received my digital coupons. Bunch of BS.[/QUOTE]

Monday's mail has come and still no magazine for me :bomb:. I'm heading up to Best Buy today - hopefully the game guy I know is there and he'll understand.

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, i heard rumors that koa is being discountinued, and no more addition copies are going to be published, that is what is causing ppl to buy it up so fast, and early[/QUOTE]

Prob true since the company that made the game went bankrupt.
The game is still available for ship to store. Couldn't you guys order then do a return rebuy?

[quote name='mrclutch']Prob true since the company that made the game went bankrupt.
The game is still available for ship to store. Couldn't you guys order then do a return rebuy?[/QUOTE]

yes , you can. alot of ppl posted about going that route, because the bb near them are clean out of koa copies, so for ppl who do not want to risk missing out on this deal. you should just have it ship to your local store, and do the return and rebuy. ps. i think you need to wait wait 24 hrs after picking up the game, before you can do the return and rebuy

[quote name='YBX87']yes , you can. alot of ppl posted about going that route, because the bb near them are clean out of koa copies, so for ppl who do not want to risk missing out on this deal. you should just have it ship to your local store, and do the return and rebuy. ps. i think you need to wait wait 24 hrs after picking up the game, before you can do the return and rebuy[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did, ordered KoA for store pickup (not ship-to-store, it was in stock at that time), picked it up a week or so early, then did return/rebuy with coupon yesterday. There were still 3 copies of the game on the shelves when I left yesterday, one for 360 and two PS3.

honestly, i have never seen a game run of out of copies so fast, especially since it is only the second day from the date of activation for the coupon. I guess it is because of the limited print

Just picked up a copy of Reckoning with the coupon from this month's issue and now I have another game backlogged in my collection to play, Not that there's anything wrong with that..

[quote name='Bc4768']Just picked up a copy of Reckoning with the coupon from this month's issue and now I have another game backlogged in my collection to play, Not that there's anything wrong with that..[/QUOTE]
Move it to the top of your backlog, definitely worth it!

[quote name='chimpmeister']That's exactly what I did, ordered KoA for store pickup (not ship-to-store, it was in stock at that time), picked it up a week or so early, then did return/rebuy with coupon yesterday. There were still 3 copies of the game on the shelves when I left yesterday, one for 360 and two PS3.[/QUOTE]
Wait.... could ship-to-store be a problem?!? I knew I should have picked this up last week. :(

[quote name='Brother Daz']Move it to the top of your backlog, definitely worth it![/QUOTE]
I know it is, but I'm still playing Lost Odyssey And Mass Effect and there aren't enough hours in the day what with work and all..but dammit all I'll make the time!

[quote name='Bc4768']I know it is, but I'm still playing Lost Odyssey And Mass Effect and there aren't enough hours in the day what with work and all..but dammit all I'll make the time![/QUOTE]
Haha, the words of a true gamer!

[quote name='Captain Price']It seems like Street Fighter vs Tekken is 20 after coupon now (OP has it as 40).[/QUOTE]

it is still too much for me

[quote name='Woocls']Wait.... could ship-to-store be a problem?!? I knew I should have picked this up last week. :([/QUOTE]

No, ship-to-store won't be a problem, it will just take longer for the game to get to you. Then you can pick it up when you get the confirmation that its in the store waiting for you, pay full price for the game ($40), and do a return/rebuy a day or so later. The only POSSIBLE problem would be if your ship-to-store order gets cancelled for some reason, then you'd need to go hunting for a copy in a store.

Went to my local BB at around 1:00pm yesterday and picked up a magazine and KoA. Great deal for an amazing game. They had a ton of KoA (ps3 and 360) left at my store.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, ship-to-store won't be a problem, it will just take longer for the game to get to you. Then you can pick it up when you get the confirmation that its in the store waiting for you, pay full price for the game ($40), and do a return/rebuy a day or so later. The only POSSIBLE problem would be if your ship-to-store order gets cancelled for some reason, then you'd need to go hunting for a copy in a store.[/QUOTE]

He should be able to cancel his order at the CS desk instead of paying, then use the coupon. I do this with online orders all the time at Best Buy, use a credit card to hold it then pay cash when I get there. This way my wife has no idea what I am wasting my money on.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, ship-to-store won't be a problem, it will just take longer for the game to get to you. Then you can pick it up when you get the confirmation that its in the store waiting for you, pay full price for the game ($40), and do a return/rebuy a day or so later. The only POSSIBLE problem would be if your ship-to-store order gets cancelled for some reason, then you'd need to go hunting for a copy in a store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gindias']He should be able to cancel his order at the CS desk instead of paying, then use the coupon. I do this with online orders all the time at Best Buy, use a credit card to hold it then pay cash when I get there. This way my wife has no idea what I am wasting my money on.[/QUOTE]
Sweet thanks guys. I got my email that it's shipping to the store now. I was going to pay for it with a gift card anyway so that's what I'll do when it gets here and cancel the original order.

Quick question: I've never done a return/rebuy with best buy before. What's the general route? I get thr whole 24hr wait thing, I just want to be certain because all the best buy's around me are oos with KoA and won't be getting more, so I can easily ship one to it. Basically:

1. How long does it usually take for it to arrive?
2. How long will they hold it for?
3. What do I say with it? That i buy it, wait 24 hours, and go back with a coupon for price match? Or do i literally need to hand it to them, get a refund, and say i want to rebuy it with the coupon?

Thanks in advance, sorry for being a newb

[quote name='gindias']He should be able to cancel his order at the CS desk instead of paying, then use the coupon. I do this with online orders all the time at Best Buy, use a credit card to hold it then pay cash when I get there. This way my wife has no idea what I am wasting my money on.[/QUOTE]
You need a personal debit card. Works like a charm.

[quote name='MiTYH']Quick question: I've never done a return/rebuy with best buy before. What's the general route? I get thr whole 24hr wait thing, I just want to be certain because all the best buy's around me are oos with KoA and won't be getting more, so I can easily ship one to it. Basically:

1. How long does it usually take for it to arrive?
2. How long will they hold it for?
3. What do I say with it? That i buy it, wait 24 hours, and go back with a coupon for price match? Or do i literally need to hand it to them, get a refund, and say i want to rebuy it with the coupon?

Thanks in advance, sorry for being a newb[/QUOTE]
I've never done a ship-to-store PM but normal price match I just have to give them a copy of the receipt, my phone number (for my RZ account) and the coupon. They do the rest. Never had a problem. And no you don't need to bring the game with you.

I don't have a good feeling about future best buy deals. Recently I noticed my local store doesn't stock nearly as many games as they did before. There are now only 1-3 copies of games as before it was 6-7, and 20+ copies of big titles.

[quote name='Chin35char']Weird, I haven't gotten my magazine in the mail yet.[/QUOTE]

Your not the only one, I usually have them by now, starting to get worried and a little pissed.

[quote name='VenomA7X']I don't have a good feeling about future best buy deals. Recently I noticed my local store doesn't stock nearly as many games as they did before. There are now only 1-3 copies of games as before it was 6-7, and 20+ copies of big titles.[/QUOTE]

Well I think this is more a focus on getting people to buy online also. Reducing the cost of stocking their stores. I mean look at Kmart. They still have like 30 copies of MW3 for both platforms sitting in a case by me. They are NEVER going to sell them. I think it is a strategy to streamline the stores. Or it could be the rats on a sinking ship. :)

Amazing how many copies of Reckoning are flying off the shelf.
$10 for all of this content is a fantastic deal and a real front runner for deal of the year IMO! (behind Rage/Bulletstorm/ME2 of course)
It's a shame what happened to the dev but it gave us all an epic deal.

However, give me Tiger Woods for $5 and that might shoot right up to the top for my deal of the year. ;)

[quote name='Beta1986']No trouble finding KOA (PS3) at the BB in Pasadena, TX.[/QUOTE]

No problem in the Portland Oregon area either. I did buy the last 360 copy in Jantzen Beach though, and Cascade Station is out, but both stores had PS3 copies.

[quote name='elessar123']How do you ignore people on mobile?[/QUOTE]
Really? Was this post necessary to the conversation? What exactly are you contributing?

It's a good thing you can report posts on this forum.

Don't know if it's posted yet or not, but BBY's website has SFxT for $39.99. That's only $20 after coupon! Hit it up if you're interested. Sorry if it's been posted.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I think this is more a focus on getting people to buy online also. Reducing the cost of stocking their stores. I mean look at Kmart. They still have like 30 copies of MW3 for both platforms sitting in a case by me. They are NEVER going to sell them. I think it is a strategy to streamline the stores. Or it could be the rats on a sinking ship. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...wouldn't you think they'd want foot traffic into their store to try and grab some impulse buys? Isn't that probably the main reason the coupons are "in-store only?"

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, that was just my assumption.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hmmm...wouldn't you think they'd want foot traffic into their store to try and grab some impulse buys? Isn't that probably the main reason the coupons are "in-store only?"

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, that was just my assumption.[/QUOTE]

That's my thinking too.

I don't think these will be moving online.

The 10 BBs around me in a 25 mile radius all had copies of KoA as of Saturday, now only 6 do. And my BB had 15 or so of them when I went Friday, now currently only have 4 left for the 360 version. They're flying off the shelves as a different poster as stated.

Does it show as a pending charge on your statement or anything? I might do this but I'd rather not tie up $40 on my card if I can avoid it. (Noob question I know but I've never done a BB ship to store order)

bread's done
Back