BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Geco17']The 10 BBs around me in a 25 mile radius all had copies of KoA as of Saturday, now only 6 do. And my BB had 15 or so of them when I went Friday, now currently only have 4 left for the 360 version. They're flying off the shelves as a different poster as stated.[/QUOTE]
You have 10 BBs in a 25 mile radius?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Does it show as a pending charge on your statement or anything? I might do this but I'd rather not tie up $40 on my card if I can avoid it. (Noob question I know but I've never done a BB ship to store order)[/QUOTE]
Yes, pending charge. But it's only $40...

[quote name='lochdoun']Amazing how many copies of Reckoning are flying off the shelf.
$10 for all of this content is a fantastic deal and a real front runner for deal of the year IMO! (behind Rage/Bulletstorm/ME2 of course)
It's a shame what happened to the dev but it gave us all an epic deal.

However, give me Tiger Woods for $5 and that might shoot right up to the top for my deal of the year. ;)[/QUOTE]

$10 Bac still #1 for me but this a very good deal.

So i bought a copy of KOA today, but they didn't keep the coupon or anything, they gave it right back to me, does this mean I can use it again and get another copy?

[quote name='Geco17']The 10 BBs around me in a 25 mile radius all had copies of KoA as of Saturday, now only 6 do. And my BB had 15 or so of them when I went Friday, now currently only have 4 left for the 360 version. They're flying off the shelves as a different poster as stated.[/QUOTE]

lol, it is definately not a good sign, since it is the second day the coupon has been live

[quote name='shiny_dante']So i bought a copy of KOA today, but they didn't keep the coupon or anything, they gave it right back to me, does this mean I can use it again and get another copy?[/QUOTE]

good luck to you, if you can find additional copies near your bb

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hmmm...wouldn't you think they'd want foot traffic into their store to try and grab some impulse buys? Isn't that probably the main reason the coupons are "in-store only?"

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, that was just my assumption.[/QUOTE]
It's also much harder to abuse coupons when you have to go into a store and the whole process is handled by an actual person. (Looking at you B2G2!) Granted it seems like a lot of people are getting their coupons back.... so maybe it's not.

[quote name='theEchness']Don't know if it's posted yet or not, but BBY's website has SFxT for $39.99. That's only $20 after coupon! Hit it up if you're interested. Sorry if it's been posted.[/QUOTE]
Why do I always see these AFTER I leave BB. I was just there a half hour ago

I went to the store this morning to ask if they could scan a coupon for me since my mag wasn't here yet; got denied. They seemed to only have 1 PC copy on the shelf, but the guy said it hasn't moved any PC versions since yesterday so I'm probably safe. Then the mag showed up this afternoon (NorCal, if it matters). So I'll be running back down tonight.

Hopefully there's a sale in the next 1.5 months so I can get it for $10 (and that's only to get it as a Christmas gift for someone; I'm getting the 25th Anniversary Collection that has the game plus all DLC and a ton of extras.)

as for Street Fighter x Tekken, is it worth keeping the 'special edition' or should I just return it and get the regular game? Special edition was $33 and regular game is $20. Only big difference I notice is the S.E. comes with 45 Gems power ups. I don't care for the extras that are included.

After thinking about it, I think I will hold off on SFxTK. There still is a month and a half for the coupons and there is teh possibility it could go on sale for $30. Im also waiting to hear if maybe they might release a "Super" edition this fall with all the DLC characters available

[quote name='Havok83']After thinking about it, I think I will hold off on SFxTK. There still is a month and a half for the coupons and there is teh possibility it could go on sale for $30. Im also waiting to hear if maybe they might release a "Super" edition this fall with all the DLC characters available[/QUOTE]
I remember Capcom "promising" there won't be another disc based edition...

[quote name='TooPoor']I remember Capcom "promising" there won't be another disc based edition...[/QUOTE]
And there wouldnt be as all the content is on the disc. BUT they could re-release the same game disc in a new case with a one time use PSN/XBLA voucher for all the characters locked on the disc. That could be there way around that

[quote name='Havok83']And there wouldnt be as all the content is on the disc. BUT they could re-release the same game disc in a new case with a one time use PSN/XBLA voucher for all the characters locked on the disc. That could be there way around that[/QUOTE]
You are right, either way I am holding off on it. Being a KOF guy I never liked Tekken, I can wait for $10.

[quote name='jmbreci']Not a KoA:R within 150 miles of me. Not that I'd drive that far...but just saying that's disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Did you check whether you have a ship-to-store option for an online order? Seems like that would work, just return/rebuy w/coupon once you get it.

[quote name='TooPoor']You have 10 BBs in a 25 mile radius?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've only been to 3 of them, which are all in a 10 mile radius.

[quote name='jmbreci']Not a KoA:R within 150 miles of me. Not that I'd drive that far...but just saying that's disappointing.[/QUOTE]
You really can't tell if a store has stock or not just based on the stock locator thing. As has been said numerous times already, if there's 3 or less copies of a game in stock at a store then it'll show out of stock/unavailable.

Best bet is to go in store and check for yourself.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You really can't tell if a store has stock or not just based on the stock locator thing. As has been said numerous times already, if there's 3 or less copies of a game in stock at a store then it'll show out of stock/unavailable.

Best bet is to go in store and check for yourself.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Stopped by the store close to my work in hopes they had it even though it said UNAVAILABLE online and they had 1 copy left. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

there was a few KOA at WIllow Grove PA. i never got my coupons, but the guy scanned a coupon in the mag once he verified i was unlocked so i got it for $10

Packed up KOA on Xbox. There were 4 more copies left in Peoria, IL (plus I spotted 1 PS3 copy).

Shocked to find it since the Peoria store usually sucks.

Went in to BB to ask if i could use the coupon because my email coupons are late. Customer rep was awesome and let me use it and even gave me a physical mag for free (and didn't even void the KoA coupon). For the Vegas people here at the Henderson location, there were about 5 or so 360 copies left and I only saw one ps3 copy but it was on the start of a new rack so there may have been more. Picked up Dark Knight steel book for $5 too.

The coupons are good for the next month and a half. It's possible that the stores could get new shipments, too.

No mag yet, I'm guessing its a no go this month (signed up Early in June)

Asked the guy at BB if he would hook me up and scan the coupon for me from the mag, it was a no go. My local BB had a ton of KOA for 360, none for PS3 or PC.

I plan on going back again tommarow to see if I another person is on duty, and try one more time. If not I'll just bite the bullet and buy the mag

[quote name='Woocls']Did you bring in your receipt? I was told to bring mine back with me and they'd give me a store copy of that month's magazine. But I didn't need it cause the guy who sold it to me happened to be working that shift. I'd suggest just trying again later (if the game is even still around later).[/QUOTE]

Yes, I brought my receipt. There were 2 copies left. He did say the coupons last until September, and that the price drop is permanent. I didn't bother checking the magazines in there. I'll try again.

Picked up :360: Kingdoms of Amalur. I remember trying the demo when it first came out and really enjoying it. They only had a couple :360: copies and only one :ps3: copy left. The cashier told me that he had been selling a ton of those recently.

PC version has to use Origin (EA's version of Steam). Otherwise, your experience should be pretty similar across the board (or atleast from my experience with PC and PS3 versions).

[quote name='smacd101']No problem in the Portland Oregon area either. I did buy the last 360 copy in Jantzen Beach though, and Cascade Station is out, but both stores had PS3 copies.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - because I was about to say it is the opposite here. I'm just a little south and it is a very different picture - no PS3 and lots of 360 copies ;). They told me I had to go to Cascade Station to get one and that is just too far away. I picked up the 360 version even though I wanted the PS3. Luckily the newbie game guy believed me when I told him I didn't get the magazine yet (he seemed to be aware it was late this month) and scanned the sample coupon off their display rack. So at least that's something...

Really trying to talk myself into NOT buying that KOA game. :whistle2:k

Thinking about doing what someone else mentioned and price match(Amazon) the PS3 standard edition of SFxT then use the coupon to get it for under $20......but.....something is telling me BB has plans for the PS3 Special Edition. So, I shall hold off on that.

Other than that, $5 off $9.99-$19.99 seems a tad interesting.

For some reason my mag hasn't come this month. It's usually arrived by now, but for some reason it's late. Hopefully it arrives soon. I'd like to get KOA for $10.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']How come? It's a great game.[/QUOTE]

I watched a gameplay vid of it and I don't see my self getting into it. I'm more a a Ratchet & Clank, cartoon game chick, but I keep buying all kinds of games, lol! The prices!:whee: I think I'll buy this and play it or keep it for guests.

[quote name='griffinup']Street Fighter vs Tekken is now listed at $39.99 on BB's website. That makes it $19.99 after the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Snaps, thanks for this! Finally get to try it out refused to by it because of the inevitable rerelease but Guess ill bite for $20

[quote name='griffinup']Street Fighter vs Tekken is now listed at $39.99 on BB's website. That makes it $19.99 after the coupon.[/QUOTE]

:hot:Thanks! Even more of a reason for me to wait on the PS3 SE!

Tried to use Tera coupon today. Didn't work on the collector's edition sadly but it was on clearance so that may have something to do with it.

Also tried to use KoA on multiple copies (1 for Xbox and PC). I don't know how people got it to work on multiple copies unless they had a override.

So, no KOA near me, but on Sunday a rep told me that a) I could order at the store with coupon and just do ship-to-store and get it in 7-10 days or b) they would likely get more this week. Are others being told the same thing?

My store was also awesome and let me just have a mag outright when I told them I signed up last month but my subscription begins in September. They didn't even check to see if I was Unlocked, strangely enough.

[quote name='kouleefoh']SFxTekken $20, not good enough for me haha. I'll wait to see if it gets lower, if not, all good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll just wait. In the last week of the coupon, I can always grab it for $20 if it didn't go on sale at any point beforehand. I know most people would just price match but the coupons are good for a month and a half and I'm not a silver member, so I can only get a 30-day price match.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Went in to BB to ask if i could use the coupon because my email coupons are late. Customer rep was awesome and let me use it and even gave me a physical mag for free (and didn't even void the KoA coupon). For the Vegas people here at the Henderson location, there were about 5 or so 360 copies left and I only saw one ps3 copy but it was on the start of a new rack so there may have been more. Picked up Dark Knight steel book for $5 too.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get my coupons last month (haven't received this month's either) and the rep at my local Best Buy didn't let me use a mag... And they even tried to pretend that there weren't single issues when they were clearly visible when I asked to buy one. I did get another for $5, but hopefully that won't happen again.

I picked up a copy of KoA:R for XBOX 360 on Sunday around 1:30pm. I did receive my magazine in the mail, but I had them scan their coupon for me at Best Buy in case I decide to pick up a second copy as a gift for a friend. Anyways it was the first day that the coupons were live, and the guy who works there in the gaming department told me that this was the first time that they are going to run out of a game on the first day of coupons being live. He also told me most of the workers have picked up 1-2 copies each lol.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Yeah, I'll just wait. In the last week of the coupon, I can always grab it for $20 if it didn't go on sale at any point beforehand. I know most people would just price match but the coupons are good for a month and a half and I'm not a silver member, so I can only get a 30-day price match.[/QUOTE]
thats assuming this price holds and doesnt jump back up to 60

[quote name='akathatoneguy']So, no KOA near me, but on Sunday a rep told me that a) I could order at the store with coupon and just do ship-to-store and get it in 7-10 days or b) they would likely get more this week. Are others being told the same thing?

My store was also awesome and let me just have a mag outright when I told them I signed up last month but my subscription begins in September. They didn't even check to see if I was Unlocked, strangely enough.[/QUOTE]

I was told that KOA was discontinued and that no stores in the area are showing as having any new stock in transit???

bread's done
Back