BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like $39.99 for SFxTekken is a price drop. Am I right? If that's the case, then there's really no need to rush. You can always wait til the end of this coupon cycle to purchase.

[quote name='honzoh']If you're a silver member, you have 60 days (from purchase) to get them to adjust the price down if it drops another $10..[/QUOTE]

How does one become a silver member? I just signed up for @gamer yesterday. To my knowledge, I just have the basic RZ card.

[quote name='InfiniteElement']How does one become a silver member? I just signed up for @gamer yesterday. To my knowledge, I just have the basic RZ card.[/QUOTE]

Spend $2,500 in a year at Best Buy (not just on game stuff, anything).

[quote name='kouleefoh']It looks like $39.99 for SFxTekken is a price drop. Am I right? If that's the case, then there's really no need to rush. You can always wait til the end of this coupon cycle to purchase.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but alot of people are still going to buy it from $20, because to them it is a good deal, especially with sd, and their scan coupons, the stock are not going to last that long

[quote name='SuperMario64']Heh just noticed the $20 SFxT. BB just loves taking my money XD[/QUOTE]

The CE is only $15 more. It's $35 universally, at least for 360, at all best buys.

[quote name='tham1988']lol I was just looking through this months mag. If anyone was wondering about the integrity of reviews in a magazine from best buy, look at the steel battalion review. lol[/QUOTE]

Right? If it wasn't for the coupons, this magazine would be worthless. I hope it eventually turns into something decent.

[quote name='Romeo']The CE is only $15 more. It's $35 universally, at least for 360, at all best buys.[/QUOTE]I've thought about it but will only get it if the coupon works with it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Are you sure ? Online it still lists 69.99[/QUOTE]

As much as I could be. It's been talked about here and I saw the printed tag for the 360 version today at my local store, clearance at $34.99.

[quote name='SuperMario64']I've thought about it but will only get it if the coupon works with it.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I only want the PS3 edition though for the extra characters butI can't buy the game on principle due to capcom's shenanigans.

[quote name='honzoh']Spend $2,500 in a year at Best Buy (not just on game stuff, anything).[/QUOTE]

FYI -- Game trade in's also count towards silver status.

No offense, but if you're holding out due to their shenanigans, then why buy it at all?

Not trying to sound like an ass, but I've become so sickened that I've decided to simply cut them out.

[quote name='YBX87']how long do you think bb will continue with gaming dotd deals, i remember last year they stopped doing gaming dotd for a brief time, and started again now[/QUOTE]DOTD's will most likely be huge from Sept. on just like last year. They want that foot/web traffic during the fall for impulse purchases.

[quote name='henryVIII']Yeah, I think these @GAMER coupons are really picking up steam, especially due to high traffic posts here on CAG and SlickDeals.
But its a double edged sword. On one hand, the success of the program means Best Buy will likely continue to roll out these great coupons each issue. On the other hand, the popularity of the coupons now means grabbing copies of these games is going to get tougher and tougher.[/QUOTE]It's more SD which tends to be bad for actual gamers. With the exception of clearing stock we could see BB increase stock on the in demand titles prior to the mags coming out to meet the increased demand but if they would also offer online coupon access that would at least ensure people get the deals.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

[quote name='BrolyB593']Each time there are new Gamer coupons and deals the games last at least a week if not more. I have 4 Best Buys each 10/15 minutes from me and each is usually heavily stocked with games.[/QUOTE]Same here, even ME2 for $5 had tons of copies

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It'll probably drop another $5-10 before the coupon expires.[/QUOTE]Doubt it, I think they knew the $40 MSRP was coming ahead of time...now if Capcoms offers a newer re-release of the game making this the vanilla then yes.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Yeah, I'll just wait. In the last week of the coupon, I can always grab it for $20 if it didn't go on sale at any point beforehand. I know most people would just price match but the coupons are good for a month and a half and I'm not a silver member, so I can only get a 30-day price match.[/QUOTE]If only there was a way for gamers to get the same Silver benefits like free shipping & 60 price match w/o spending $2500/yr
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

[quote name='Havok83']thats assuming this price holds and doesnt jump back up to 60[/QUOTE]Won't happen it's a $40 MSRP drop not a $40 sale price.

[quote name='honzoh']Spend $2,500 in a year at Best Buy (not just on game stuff, anything).[/QUOTE]spend $2000 two years in a row will get you there too not many know it though.

Hoping my magazine gets here later this week. Want to get SFxTekken.

Harada was actually on my plane flight to San Francisco coming back from SDCC with his translator. I should have bugged him about TekkenxSF.

[quote name='honzoh']Spend $2,500 in a year at Best Buy (not just on game stuff, anything).[/QUOTE]

I've never spent more than $1200 in a single year at BB (and that year I bought a DLP TV) and for some reason they just gave me Silver membership this year. I'm not even close to retaining it for next year though.

[quote name='jedolley']I've never spent more than $1200 in a single year at BB (and that year I bought a DLP TV) and for some reason they just gave me Silver membership this year. I'm not even close to retaining it for next year though.[/QUOTE]

I barely got to $2,500 in 2009 and I haven't come close since but I'm still a silver member. Not that it's really worth anything.

Silver Member Question:
"if you reach 2500 and get silver during the year... does any additional purchases over 2,500 gets credited for the next year? Sucks if it doesnt since it will limit people like me to shop more if all the purchases are going to waste anyway."

Just got my magazine... my store doesnt have the PS3 version of KoA anymore... is the PC version any better? Im thinking of just getting it on PC just so i can use the coupon to good use. hehe!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Silver Member Question:
"if you reach 2500 and get silver during the year... does any additional purchases over 2,500 gets credited for the next year? Sucks if it doesnt since it will limit people like me to shop more if all the purchases are going to waste anyway."

Just got my magazine... my store doesnt have the PS3 version of KoA anymore... is the PC version any better? Im thinking of just getting it on PC just so i can use the coupon to good use. hehe![/QUOTE]

Why not just order online with ship-to-store, then price adjust later with coupon? Worked great for me.

Digital issue with printable coupons finally arrived. KoA shows as available for shipping to store, but not in stock close enough to be worth a drive to alternate stores. Will be going later today and hope to find it for either console though I'd prefer it on :360:.

I should probably skim back in the thread to find out if it's worth ordering online at $40 then just doing a return/rebuy in-store to use the coupon. Anyone had luck with that?

edit: chimpmeister just answered my question while I was typing it out. Clairvoyance? ;)

Still haven't gotten my magazine. Sucks because I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday so I'm most likely going to have to buy another magazine if I want in on any of these deals.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Why not just order online with ship-to-store, then price adjust later with coupon? Worked great for me.[/QUOTE]

ive honestly have not thought of that route... haha! i guess its just me wanting to get something for my coupon as soon as possible.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Why not just order online with ship-to-store, then price adjust later with coupon? Worked great for me.[/QUOTE]You'd have to have the $40 or whatever taken out of your account and then have the 30 or whatever refunded

[quote name='dan77733']Jeez.....I wonder how much you would have to spend to become a Gold or Platinum member. LOL.[/QUOTE]
One million.

[quote name='therealdanhill']You'd have to have the $40 or whatever taken out of your account and then have the 30 or whatever refunded[/QUOTE]

^ this also.

anyway, do you guys thing SFxT will ever be $29.99 before the coupon expire or to get the game for $9.99? or will the $39.99 be the lowest? im thinking of grabbing a copy later.

[quote name='Brother Daz']well this batch of coupons is good for a month and a half, so I'd say odds are good it'll go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! i'll probably have to check the stock of the game in my store if its still possible to wait some more. hehe!

Finally got my coupons and got KoA:R, tried to use a coupon on SFvT Special Edition that was priced at $35 but it didn't work, box was destroyed by spider wrap anyways. Might pick up the regular version if it goes $10 or below after coupon.

[quote name='honzoh']Does the coupon not work at all on the $35 Special Edition[/QUOTE]

It would require a (YMMV) manager override to work. Doesn't work at all by scanning the coupon.

Bought KoA :pc:, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3:ps2:, and Shadows of the Damned :360: for ~$31 total. Good variety of stuff.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Called and spoke with Best Buy. Typically the coupon WILL work with different editions of the game -- but because the SfXTk SE is on CLEARANCE, you can't use a coupon on it. Just a heads up.

I ended up having to buy the magazine because it didn't come yet and KOA is slowing going OOS around me. Still not a bad deal for 15 bucks but this is the 2nd time my magazine didn't show up or showed up unusually late.

[quote name='honzoh']Called and spoke with Best Buy. Typically the coupon WILL work with different editions of the game -- but because the SfXTk SE is on CLEARANCE, you can't use a coupon on it. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a BS excuse. The coupons are supposed to stack. That's why we pay for them.

Decided to return the SF X T special edition and get the regular one for $15 cheaper. Didn't see anything in the S.E. that was worth keeping and the coupon doesn't work with the SE anyways. Although, the cashier gave me back the coupon so I could use it again..

[quote name='gotdott']YMMV but you can try price matching Microsoft Store's price for SFxT and then asking if you can apply the coupon[/QUOTE]

Once again you cannot double dip

[quote name='gotdott']YMMV but you can try price matching Microsoft Store's price for SFxT and then asking if you can apply the coupon[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that? Best buy's price is $34.99 for the game while amazon has it for $36.80, either way still cheaper using bb's price but as always it'll be YMMV as i've been denied before using price matching+coupon. They'll always find an excuse to not make something cheaper for you, unless of course you get some helpful, nice people which know what they are doing.

[quote name='honzoh']Called and spoke with Best Buy. Typically the coupon WILL work with different editions of the game -- but because the SfXTk SE is on CLEARANCE, you can't use a coupon on it. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I've encountered that in the past... Clearance items can't be used with any coupons, not just Gamer ones.

[quote name='sgr76']I ended up having to buy the magazine because it didn't come yet and KOA is slowing going OOS around me. Still not a bad deal for 15 bucks but this is the 2nd time my magazine didn't show up or showed up unusually late.[/QUOTE]
Why did you buy the magazine if you can show you're "unlocked"? You already paid once to be able to take advantage of the deals.

Went to BB today to get Amalur and they did not have it on the shelves...went to the game cashier and he had it right there sweet.

Got back home and my first issue after dealing with customer service about them not sending my copies (they extended my subscription by three months) had arrived.

bread's done
Back