BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked the person in the Games Dept at BB if I could renew (my subscription ends in September) in-store, which is what I was told via online CSR, and that person said they just do new memberships in-store and that in my second to last (or last) issue of @Gamer, there would be a way to renew the subscription.

Who knows...I'll wait for that, I guess...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did they have to scan something in a pamphlet when you first signed up? Anyone that's signed up recently, what are the steps the cashier took to sign you up for the Gamers' Club Unlocked membership and magazine subscription? I ask because I remember when I signed up I had to bring in a coupon they sent me to 'unlock' my Gamers' Club. I don't know if maybe they eliminated that step completely now.

But I do remember they had to scan the magazine, some pamphlet about the GCU and scan the $14.99 barcode in that flyer AND they had to scan my Reward Zone card. So maybe the rep at the store missed a step, since I know that's what was stopping my account from saying I was in the Gamers' Club Unlocked for about 2-3 months last fall.

If anything, I would suggest going to the BB forums and creating a thread on the Gamers' Club section.

The mods on there will likely need the information from the receipt from when you first signed up in store.

Here's the page to go to to create a thread to try and get help:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Please be warned though that typically the mods there will respond to you in 3 to 5 business days(Mon.-Fri. ONLY) usually. It may be shorter or it may be longer.[/QUOTE]

All I remember is giving my phone number, having the @Gamer bar code scanned, and having the $14.99 taken out of my trade in credit. As well as the 10% bonus being added in during all of this.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Well I'm pretty annoyed here...

I bought my sub on 3/24. As of the end of June I hadn't received anything. I started by calling Best Buy CS, and spoke to who I thought was the rudest woman on the planet, and was basically pushed off and told to email @gamer. So I emailed them, gave them all my info, and they emailed back that they had no record of me on their system and to email Best Buy. I literally forwarded their email to Best Buy, and got a canned response about contacting @gamer. I decided to try and call Best Buy again...and this woman was even ruder than the first person I talked to. Again, I was just told to contact @gamer, but this time they gave me a phone number. The woman at @gamer was super nice, but as expected she couldn't find my info...because it wasn't on their system. Her recommendation was to go to the actual store, and talk to someone there.

Tonight, I went to the store, and wentnright up to the gaming counter. I explained everything that's gone on with the guy...he brought up my info and had me confirm it on the screen. After that, he called over his manager who told me I need to call "Game Informer." I told him that I contacted @gamer and they said I need to start with Best Buy. He looked at my receipt and said..."You can subscribe for a year to this magazine?" And his game Rep said "I didn't think so, but I guess you can."

At this point, the manager disappeared...didn't even say where he was going...just walked away. After a fewminutes, the rep said he was going to check with someone else and he would be right back. 25 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a magazine, and says I'm all set. I say thanks, but what about the next month...and his quote: "Honestly I have no idea. If you don't get one in the mail, maybe you should try to call 'Game Informer.'"

I said thanks again and just left. I feel like this is just some prank, and I have no idea where to go next. I always hear great stories about Best Buy, butmy in store and over the phone experience with them makes me see how they're slowly but surely running themselves out of business.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you were rung up correctly at the register when you first subscribed in store. Did you provide your Reward Zone account? Was it current with the right info? I remember when I signed up they also asked for my email address. They should have asked you to confirm all of your info on the little credit card kiosk screen before completing the transaction too.

[quote name='dan77733']Signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked and bought two copies of Kingdoms of Amalur for 360 for under $22.[/QUOTE]

you can find two copies of that game? lol there is nothing anywhere i think i bought the last copy of that game on any system in my area within a 70 mile radius lol

also lol at the above story. sad but funny.

[quote name='kayne2000']you can find two copies of that game? lol there is nothing anywhere i think i bought the last copy of that game on any system in my area within a 70 mile radius lol

also lol at the above story. sad but funny.[/QUOTE]

Yep. There were four or so copies of the game but only for 360. The store I went to was Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, NY. I just checked and its gone.

Gotta go find a magazine tomorrow since I just placed an order for KOAR, tossed in Moneyball on bluray for good measure :lol:

How many people have had luck going in and getting a free magazine using the "I signed up and haven't received my magazine yet" excuse?

I'm going to trade in Madden 12 tomorrow, so maybe I can talk the guy into handing me a free copy.

Anyone else have trouble getting the SF vs Tekken coupon to scan? My rep had to manually key in the 20 off coupon and I ended up paying tax on the 39.99 instead of 19.99 after coupon.

My BBC in Lynchburg VA had Skylanders Mega pack on Clearance for 39.99. I asked tried the 15 off and the system too it so 26.24 after tax not bad.

Saint'sRow911;9806415 said:
Gotta go find a magazine tomorrow since I just placed an order for KOAR, tossed in Moneyball on bluray for good measure :lol:

How many people have had luck going in and getting a free magazine using the "I signed up and haven't received my magazine yet" excuse?

I'm going to trade in Madden 12 tomorrow, so maybe I can talk the guy into handing me a free copy.

you really cant afford 15 dollars a year??? seriously their is stealing and then there is just plain sad.

[quote name='kayne2000']you really cant afford 15 dollars a year??? seriously their is stealing and then there is just plain sad.[/QUOTE]

Can you afford an education?

I am an Unlocked member, I just haven't received my magazine in the mail yet.

Saint'sRow911;9806471]Can you afford an education? I am an Unlocked member said:
arent we clever picking on grammar. poor comeback is poor.

and your post was worded in such as way as to imply you wanted a free magazine as you were trying to talk them into giving you one. so fail on your part buddy.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Anyone in Central Mass, still like 4 copies left of Amalur at BBY in Worcester, Greendale Mall. All sold out of SFxT.[/QUOTE]

If you feel like making the trip, the RI stores have plenty of SFxT (at least 6 for PS3 4or5 for Xbox). Though I'm sure it'll be restocked at your local one soon enough.

For anyone near RI looking for Amalur, the Warwick store also has plenty left too, I honestly think I was the only that bought it there. Went in first day the coupons went active, they had around 8-9 copies for each system, as of yesterday the Xbox stock seemed the same and PS3 still had 6-7 left.

I wonder where all the RI CAG'rs are?

Checked online and it was showing as Unavailable at all my nearby stores. I decided to give it a shot anyways and was able to find the last PS3 copy in the store. None left for 360 though. Tried my luck with SOTD but no copies left for either console. Kinda excited about the upcoming clearance, but also kinda sad... I almost had my backlog killed off before BB started with all these $10 games and the clearance is just going to make the backlog worse :(

Anyone know how often Best Buy restocks? Closest KoA to me is 55 mins away. It's odd because all of the other stores said they had them in stock when I checked yesterday morning. Luckily the coupon lasts a while, but just hoping to grab one before it expires.

So does the online pre-owned locator work well?

I'm looking for Rock Band 3 PS3, its ship to store only everywhere. I searched for Cod:MW and it showed in stock at some.

Can I use the coupon if I get it shipped to store? Return/rebuy? Maybe I'll ask the BB near me if I can do this.

[quote name='jeeper421']My BBC in Lynchburg VA had Skylanders Mega pack on Clearance for 39.99. I asked tried the 15 off and the system too it so 26.24 after tax not bad.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize there was another CAG in Lynchburg. Might explain why I don't always have luck finding some of these deals... ;)

[quote name='knight19']I asked the person in the Games Dept at BB if I could renew (my subscription ends in September) in-store, which is what I was told via online CSR, and that person said they just do new memberships in-store and that in my second to last (or last) issue of @Gamer, there would be a way to renew the subscription.

Who knows...I'll wait for that, I guess...[/QUOTE]

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...o-I-Extend-My-Unlocked-Membership/td-p/540144

[quote name='DFogz']

I wonder where all the RI CAG'rs are?[/QUOTE]

Same thing with CT. I believe it's because there's so many copies of the game in the region because of 38 Studios' location.

So, I might have screwed myself over. Seeing early on before July 15th that this coupon for KoA would be coming. I traded away my copy for another game. Well, this was a bad idea. Now since my magazine didn't come until the 17th.. all of the best buys within 60 miles of Orlando are sold out. I'm hoping they restock within a month.

[quote name='FresH6593']How do i get the 20$ off sfxt coupon? i need that game[/QUOTE]

Purchase the current Gamer magazine in store for $5

[quote name='FresH6593']How do i get the 20$ off sfxt coupon? i need that game[/QUOTE]

Well if you knew how to read and read the first post, you wouldn't have to ask this question.

[quote name='dan77733']Yep. There were four or so copies of the game but only for 360. The store I went to was Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, NY. I just checked and its gone.[/QUOTE]

Aha!!! So it was you who made me go to the Bronx to get 2 copies because I wasn't sure if there would be 2 copies available at kings plaza if I went because I checked online for stock and it was ready for pickup but as I was leaving it went to unavailable so I didn't wanna take that risk which was a good thing I didn't as you said there wasn't more left.

I think all those people that were happy to wait have been wrecked by the long time frame of the coupon. There was 2 ps3 copies at one BB, none at another BB, and no XBOX copies anywhere in st. louis when I looked online yesterday evening.

[quote name='Chin35char']So, I might have screwed myself over. Seeing early on before July 15th that this coupon for KoA would be coming. I traded away my copy for another game. Well, this was a bad idea. Now since my magazine didn't come until the 17th.. all of the best buys within 60 miles of Orlando are sold out. I'm hoping they restock within a month.[/QUOTE]

Yea, in Orlando too and I haven't even got my mag yet. It doesn't look good to get on this deal.

Wasn't the problem with KOA that rhode island was basically banking on it being the greatest selling video game in the history of the world? I feel like there should be a crapload of copies of this game somewhere (if my recollection is correct). Hopefully that means a restock, but it seems like it's pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) as to whether they will restock these supercheap games like this.

[quote name='boogie4114']Aha!!! So it was you who made me go to the Bronx to get 2 copies because I wasn't sure if there would be 2 copies available at kings plaza if I went because I checked online for stock and it was ready for pickup but as I was leaving it went to unavailable so I didn't wanna take that risk which was a good thing I didn't as you said there wasn't more left.[/QUOTE]

I didnt order it online or do in-store pickup. I simply checked yesterday morning at around 8 or so and it said available. Me getting two copies was just luck but there were two more copies left as of 10:30am yesterday. I signed up for Unlocked so I had two coupons for the two games.

[quote name='DerClaw']Wasn't the problem with KOA that rhode island was basically banking on it being the greatest selling video game in the history of the world? I feel like there should be a crapload of copies of this game somewhere (if my recollection is correct). Hopefully that means a restock, but it seems like it's pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) as to whether they will restock these supercheap games like this.[/QUOTE]

It did sell a crapload, especially for an indie title. The problem was they wanted it to sell like THE greatest game ever in the history of gaming, and well, that's not possible from an indie with a new IP.

[quote name='Romeo']It did sell a crapload, especially for an indie title. The problem was they wanted it to sell like THE greatest game ever in the history of gaming, and well, that's not possible from an indie with a new IP.[/QUOTE]

That's not the problem either. It sold at or above expectations. Every indication is that it paid off EA's advance and was going to be profitable for the studio. The real issue was that the developer (Big Huge Games) was a subsidiary of Curt Schilling's 38 Studios. 38's Rhode Island team was working on a money pit MMO RPG that kept missing its dates. Because 38's product was so far behind, Big Huge Game's KOA had to be a huge, huge, huge seller to keep the entire corporate family afloat.

Oh man.... My KoA ship to store order seems to have been lost. I got a tracking number but it hasn't updated with any information in 3 days. (UPS just says it hasn't received anything) I called BB up and the CS guy tells me it's still "being processed" and that they haven't shipped anything out. I may have missed out on this deal because I didn't buy it ahead of time with the intention of PMing later. Stupid that's the only way to get some of these deals...

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Anyone know how often Best Buy restocks? Closest KoA to me is 55 mins away. It's odd because all of the other stores said they had them in stock when I checked yesterday morning. Luckily the coupon lasts a while, but just hoping to grab one before it expires.[/QUOTE]

If you have a closer BB to you than 55 mins, go to the local store and ask them to do an OMS order to get a copy from the one that's 55 mins away. I went to my local BB and they did an OMS to get me a copy from two hours away (where they had 8 in stock, surprisingly). You pay for it right there at your local BB and everything.

[quote name='Romeo']It did sell a crapload, especially for an indie title. The problem was they wanted it to sell like THE greatest game ever in the history of gaming, and well, that's not possible from an indie with a new IP.[/QUOTE]
They should have called it Modern Warfare: Kingdoms of Amalur and sorted out the trademark lawsuits afterwards :)

Dam I took my coupon page to work and lost it. Is there anyway to reprint it or request another one. I wanted sfxt ps3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_burnzz']uhhh, yea. I, too, took my coupons to work and lost them......I think you're outta luck gepet.[/QUOTE]

I, too... will go home... for sleep.

I found the KoA coupon on a coupon site, looks like the digital one, not sure I can post the link or if it will even work, but I'll pm it upon request.

[quote name='DerClaw']I think all those people that were happy to wait have been wrecked by the long time frame of the coupon. There was 2 ps3 copies at one BB, none at another BB, and no XBOX copies anywhere in st. louis when I looked online yesterday evening.[/QUOTE]There is no wait when it comes to $5, $10 & $15 or really in demand games you gotta get them when you see them & if you don't have your mag in hand get a price adjustment when you get the mag. If they would come on & allow online access to the coupons this would help everyone.

Is there a thread for people playing this? I'm gonna start it up later tonight from the beginning on 360, gamertag is therealdanhill. Don't exactly know anything about the game or if it has coop, I just know there's something about AI controlled pawns or you can trade them with people or something. Add me if you wanna play.

My copy didn't show up this month- It's about 10 days later than I normally get it. Is this normal operation for BB, or an anomaly? I recall that the subscription is 10 out of 12 months, Does this mean I miss out on random months? I'm not raging mad, just a little bummed out I'm going to miss out on the KoA deal.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Is there a thread for people playing this? I'm gonna start it up later tonight from the beginning on 360, gamertag is therealdanhill. Don't exactly know anything about the game or if it has coop, I just know there's something about AI controlled pawns or you can trade them with people or something. Add me if you wanna play.[/QUOTE]
You're thinking of Dragon's Dogma... This game is strictly a Solo adventure.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']uhhh, yea. I, too, took my coupons to work and lost them......I think you're outta luck gepet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I fa fa fucI(ed that one up LOL

[quote name='CapnO']My copy didn't show up this month- It's about 10 days later than I normally get it. Is this normal operation for BB, or an anomaly? I recall that the subscription is 10 out of 12 months, Does this mean I miss out on random months? I'm not raging mad, just a little bummed out I'm going to miss out on the KoA deal.[/QUOTE]

Two of the issues are for a 60 day period, that's been discussed before.

I also didn't get my magazine until two days ago. Thankfully I had the foresight to pick the game up early.

[quote name='RiPPn']I found the KoA coupon on a coupon site, looks like the digital one, not sure I can post the link or if it will even work, but I'll pm it upon request.[/QUOTE]
If it's the digital one, then I believe they're one time use codes. So it wouldn't help anyone. Besides which, this would only lead to exploitation by people who aren't subscribed to the magazine or Gamer's Club Unlocked members, which I'd rather didn't happen due to all of the abuse that's already occurred due to SD/FW and I'm sure some members here.

As for the people who haven't received their magazines yet, I have a feeling it's due to them throttling last months' mag due to the E3 crap in it.

[quote name='DerClaw']They should have called it Modern Warfare: Kingdoms of Amalur and sorted out the trademark lawsuits afterwards :)[/QUOTE]
Don't you mean Modern Warfare: Reckoning?

bread's done
Back