BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited until yesterday to stop by Best Buy, but surprisingly found one xbox copy left, so picked it up for $5 after using a $5 rewards coupon. Started playing today and liking it more than when I tried the demo months ago.

So uninformed patron here....I went by today and signed up for the unlocked gamers club but there were no july magazines out (which strikes me as odd since it's the middle of july).

Will they mail me the july issue or will I need to go back into Best Buy with my receipt?

[quote name='jdktech2010']So uninformed patron here....I went by today and signed up for the unlocked gamers club but there were no july magazines out (which strikes me as odd since it's the middle of july).

Will they mail me the july issue or will I need to go back into Best Buy with my receipt?[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to give you the current issue when you sign up. You won't see the July/August issue in the mail, too late for that. If I were you I'd explain it to a BB game area employee and ask for the coupon discount, they should be able to help you out. It may need manager intervention but it is a legit thing to ask for.

Question regarding the 10% off...

I signed up on Sunday to grab KoA and the $5 off pre-owned (not to mention cancel a few pre-orders and re-order w/ BB now)... But anyway, I purchased a few used games today and noticed I did not get my 10% unlocked discount. I know the associate scan my RZ card and I checked online to make sure I was GamerZone unlocked, but the system did not take off the 10%. I used the $5 off coupon and a $5 RZ cert, is there any reason why the system would not have taken 10% off? Does this happen frequently? Did this occur because I was a recent subscriber?

Not really worth my $1.00, but was just curious (snagged a nice complete Borderlands :360: for $10 after coupons and cert, buddy has DLC disc, so $10 for GOTY ain't so bad).

So any thoughts on not receiving the discount?

In all honesty I'm in love with KOA. I love beating the crap out of whatever gets thrown at me. Hopefully there would be a next one somehow?

Checked inventory for the 360 version on the website and it said it was unavailable. I checked out the store anyway and luckily there was one last copy of Amular for the 360 which I picked up.

Makes me wish I went down to the store during the daily deal for NFS even though that said unavailable at the time too. Oh well, this should keep me occupied for a long time.

Damn, Amalur has been in stock all week at the BB I was planning on going to tomorrow after work (according to store tracker it was in stock as of 2 PM), but I just checked now and its gone. Gonna check the actual store tomorrow but my expectations are low...

I found SFvsT SE (360) on clearance at the Novi, MI BB for $35. Manager did an override for the $20 coupon and with my $5 reward dollars I walked out with it for $10 plus tax.

I was very happy. There was at least 3-4 more copies.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Damn, Amalur has been in stock all week at the BB I was planning on going to tomorrow after work (according to store tracker it was in stock as of 2 PM), but I just checked now and its gone. Gonna check the actual store tomorrow but my expectations are low...[/QUOTE]
Something showing as unavailable doesn't exactly mean that they don't have stock in the store. As has been explained numerous times before, when there's 3 or less of an item then usually the site will show unavailable/out of stock.

So you may still have a chance. But your situation just further highlights why people should really try getting to the stores as soon as possible for some of these deals, especially in the case of a game where the company that made it went out of business now, since there likely will not be a restock unless BB is sitting on a ton of copies in their warehouses.

[quote name='TeamSwish']I found SFvsT SE (360) on clearance at the Novi, MI BB for $35. Manager did an override for the $20 coupon and with my $5 reward dollars I walked out with it for $10 plus tax.

I was very happy. There was at least 3-4 more copies.[/QUOTE]

Nice. How is the arcade bank thing?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Something showing as unavailable doesn't exactly mean that they don't have stock in the store. As has been explained numerous times before, when there's 3 or less of an item then usually the site will show unavailable/out of stock.

So you may still have a chance. But your situation just further highlights why people should really try getting to the stores as soon as possible for some of these deals, especially in the case of a game where the company that made it went out of business now, since there likely will not be a restock unless BB is sitting on a ton of copies in their warehouses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know about the if theres less than 3 it shows up as OOS. I'm planning on going tomorrow anyway, and its still showing available at another store that I can pass by on my home Saturday. I wanted to get to the stores sooner but the closest BB's are over an hour drive from me and after a full day of work, a nearly 3 hour round trip drive is the last thing I want to do.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Question: Is Tera worth $10?[/QUOTE]

Of course it is...even if to just try it out for 1 month since it comes with free 30 day gameplay which is normally $15.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Question regarding the 10% off...

I signed up on Sunday to grab KoA and the $5 off pre-owned (not to mention cancel a few pre-orders and re-order w/ BB now)... But anyway, I purchased a few used games today and noticed I did not get my 10% unlocked discount. I know the associate scan my RZ card and I checked online to make sure I was GamerZone unlocked, but the system did not take off the 10%. I used the $5 off coupon and a $5 RZ cert, is there any reason why the system would not have taken 10% off? Does this happen frequently? Did this occur because I was a recent subscriber?

Not really worth my $1.00, but was just curious (snagged a nice complete Borderlands :360: for $10 after coupons and cert, buddy has DLC disc, so $10 for GOTY ain't so bad).

So any thoughts on not receiving the discount?[/QUOTE]
I received my 10% discount immediately after signing up, so idk what happened with your situation. Not worth the hassle but just make sure it goes through next time.

Picked up another copy of koa not sure what i am going to do with it yet but i made the cashier take my coupon so i was not tempted to get another.

I still have not received my magazine. This is bullshit. The only reason I've been waiting to go to the store is to wait for my coupon and now all of the copies of KoA are probably sold out.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I still have not received my magazine. This is bullshit. The only reason I've been waiting to go to the store is to wait for my coupon and now all of the copies of KoA are probably sold out.[/QUOTE]

Go buy the game and return once you get your magazine to price match it. That's what I did, no shame at all since there are probably only a handful of copies left in my area.

If you're worried, just leave it in the shrink wrap and if your magazine doesn't come, just return the game. Or go buy a magazine at get the game for $15 instead of $10.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Nice. How is the arcade bank thing?[/QUOTE]

Not bad. Once you put all the stickers on it it looks pretty cool. It's cheap and plastic. Nice little nick-knack for the work office.

[quote name='DerClaw']I think all those people that were happy to wait have been wrecked by the long time frame of the coupon. There was 2 ps3 copies at one BB, none at another BB, and no XBOX copies anywhere in st. louis when I looked online yesterday evening.[/QUOTE]

Fenton had 2 copies of Amalur on both 360 & PS3 earlier this week. Since the stock is under 3, it shows as unavailable online.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Question regarding the 10% off...

So any thoughts on not receiving the discount?[/QUOTE]
I know the discount isn't automatic. They have to put it in themselves. I've missed it a couple times. I now make it a point to tell the cashier every time that I'm unlocked.

[quote name='mars009']In all honesty I'm in love with KOA. I love beating the crap out of whatever gets thrown at me. Hopefully there would be a next one somehow?[/QUOTE]

EA recently said they'd like to publish KoA2. The issue is that the state of Rhode Island owns the IP rights now and most of the dev team has been folded into Epic Games Baltimore. If the rights can be secured there's a chance as Epic and EA have worked together before.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']EA recently said they'd like to publish KoA2. The issue is that the state of Rhode Island owns the IP rights now and most of the dev team has been folded into Epic Games Baltimore. If the rights can be secured there's a chance as Epic and EA have worked together before.[/QUOTE]

Nice I would really like to see KoA2 come to light. Come on EA buy the state of Rhode Island already :D

[quote name='mars009']Nice I would really like to see KoA2 come to light. Come on EA buy the state of Rhode Island already :D[/QUOTE]
That would be the second worst thing to happen to Rhode Island... The first being electing that idiot to office who helped start this whole mess.

[quote name='Woocls']That would be the second worst thing to happen to Rhode Island... The first being electing that idiot to office who helped start this whole mess.[/QUOTE]
I see a plot for the next KOA in this. Defeat EA and elected official of RI for a boss battle, throw in EPIC and devs as the masses you are fighting for or with and you have a quest. ;)

On a side note my magazine is taking forever to get to me. I loved the demo so I really want to play this game. Come on already before they are completely sold out if not already.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']EA recently said they'd like to publish KoA2. The issue is that the state of Rhode Island owns the IP rights now and most of the dev team has been folded into Epic Games Baltimore. If the rights can be secured there's a chance as Epic and EA have worked together before.[/QUOTE]

I think the state will sell the IP, theyre not in that business and it only yields value if it's made. So there's a good chance we'll see this.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I think the state will sell the IP, theyre not in that business and it only yields value if it's made. So there's a good chance we'll see this.[/QUOTE]

We are talking about state government... I wouldn't make any bets.

[quote name='Woocls']That would be the second worst thing to happen to Rhode Island... The first being electing that idiot to office who helped start this whole mess.[/QUOTE]

Remember the current Gov. DID NOT do the deal, the previous one did. That's why he had no problem torpedoing 38 at the last minute.

Also if you're going to be a warrior or rogue, make sure to also play the ME 3 MP demo if it's still up; you get some really nice daggers, armor, and a couple of permanent bonuses in Amalur for playing the ME 3 demo.

[quote name='Woocls']I know the discount isn't automatic. They have to put it in themselves. I've missed it a couple times. I now make it a point to tell the cashier every time that I'm unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That's kinda annoying that it doesn't automatically tie to your RZ card. Also probably didn't help that I was doing the transaction at customer service, not in the department.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Also if you're going to be a warrior or rogue, make sure to also play the ME 3 MP demo if it's still up; you get some really nice daggers, armor, and a couple of permanent bonuses in Amalur for playing the ME 3 demo.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to remove the shrinkwrap off of my copy. By ME3 do you mean Mass Effect 3? Is the demo included on the game disc or do you have to download it from the marketplace?

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']We are talking about state government... I wouldn't make any bets.[/QUOTE]

I work in the government and my state would sell it and then brag about creating jobs and stimulating the economy. I'm sure they'll be interested in sequels.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Remember the current Gov. DID NOT do the deal, the previous one did. That's why he had no problem torpedoing 38 at the last minute.

Also if you're going to be a warrior or rogue, make sure to also play the ME 3 MP demo if it's still up; you get some really nice daggers, armor, and a couple of permanent bonuses in Amalur for playing the ME 3 demo.[/QUOTE]

I see so that's how i get that stuff. Dang I gotta get the demo somehow, I love hoarding in game stuff

Well, my KoA arrived in the store. I'm going to head there tomorrow and hopefully get it cancelled/pick it up with a coupon. What an ordeal for a great deal on a game... but all of you talking about it just makes me want it more!

[quote name='mars009']I see so that's how i get that stuff. Dang I gotta get the demo somehow, I love hoarding in game stuff[/QUOTE]

Hmm it seems the KoA demo does the same thing for ME3. Interesting!
I do hate the idea of having to play demos of two games I already have just to get bonus items though. Any quick way to get the items without investing a lot of time in the demos?

[quote name='ooga']I've yet to remove the shrinkwrap off of my copy. By ME3 do you mean Mass Effect 3? Is the demo included on the game disc or do you have to download it from the marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Yes Mass Effect 3. Once you start the game and get out of the opening cave/tower sequence, you're stuff will be in a chest in the first town.

I had preordered the game at GS, sold it when it was still worth over $30, then rebought w/coupon so I had 2 more downloads of free weapons & armor so that killed any motivation of buying the $5 set b/c I had so much stuff and it'll be several in game hours before you start to replace it.

[quote name='ooga']Hmm it seems the KoA demo does the same thing for ME3. Interesting!
I do hate the idea of having to play demos of two games I already have just to get bonus items though. Any quick way to get the items without investing a lot of time in the demos?[/QUOTE]

Some of it was just for downloading the demo, other stuff was for playing it. I know the Omniblade daggers were for playing it. Not sure about the Shepard armor set, except that, & the House of Valor quest line, are tied into the online pass.

If its still up, you have to download the demos from the XBL/PSN stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pbnate88']How does everyone like SFXT?[/QUOTE]

As a fighting game fan, it's meh to okay at it's best. I bought it day 1 and I somewhat regret my purchase. The coin bank is the redeeming factor. I fuckin' love that thing. Wish I could find a SE to get a second one actually.

Picked up Kingdoms of Amalur for 10.00. I have to say, I have only been a member of Best Buy's Game Club for 4 months and I have already gotten 3 games I wanted for 10.00 and made enough money selling the other games (which had coupons) that its already paid for the 15 dollar membership fee like 4 times over. I really cant believe the turn around Best Buy has made in regards to games. Keep the great coupons coming!!

[quote name='Greybeard']Anyone else still waiting for there Gamer mag from BB?[/QUOTE]

Did you just sign up? If you did you might have been signed up for the digital version which is email to you . There is a link there to view and print the coupons. You can show the coupons through your phone to the sales rep, if it doesn't get picked up by the scanners they can type the numbers in. It says it is one time use only on the coupons so i don't know if you can reuse them like the physical mag if they don't take the coupon away:)-#). If you rep is fairly new to the whole process make sure they press total before they say it doesn't work.

-End of Line.

I bought it. Played it for a little and went back to UMVC 3 and SF AE 2012. The game is just not as good as Marvel or SF.

When are you supposed to get you b2g1 used game coupon? I signed up for unlocked yesterday to return/rebuy KoA, and they seemed quite confused on this. One blue shirt told me it would be taken off if they scanned my reward zone card. Another said I would get a welcome pack in the mail with the coupon. And a third one told me the coupon would be emailed to me.

Also the @gamer magazine has a coupon for 5$ off a used game, can this be stacked with the b2g1 deal? Thanks!

[quote name='RiPPn']When are you supposed to get you b2g1 used game coupon? I signed up for unlocked yesterday to return/rebuy KoA, and they seemed quite confused on this. One blue shirt told me it would be taken off if they scanned my reward zone card. Another said I would get a welcome pack in the mail with the coupon. And a third one told me the coupon would be emailed to me.

Also the @gamer magazine has a coupon for 5$ off a used game, can this be stacked with the b2g1 deal? Thanks![/QUOTE]
can't stack coupons with any b2g1. And the welcome packet with the coupon you're looking for will be mailed to you within the next 3 months. They let the numbers build up and then send them off in waves it appears.

For all of those new Kingdom of Amalur owners,
if you are considering the Strategy Guide, it is a very good book. Especially if you can find it cheaper somewhere. (I got mine from Barnes and Noble for $16 and change)
It is pretty big at 600 pages, with 350 pages of info before you even get to the Main Quest walkthrough. It even has a nice little 25 page History of Amalur section at the end.
It's a FuturePress book, so if you're familiar with the Dark Souls guide, this one is laid out in a similar fashion. It was even written by some of the same guys.
It certainly helps to have a guide for these big RPG's.

Would really prefer KoA on 360, but looking like if I can get one soon it will only be the PS3 version. Will probably just wait until it's back in stock, I guess and hope I get lucky.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Would really prefer KoA on 360, but looking like if I can get one soon it will only be the PS3 version. Will probably just wait until it's back in stock, I guess and hope I get lucky.[/QUOTE]

As I've heard, the PS3 version suffers from frame rate issues which is a bummer. Like you, I'm also planning to pick up the 360 version as well.

It's an decent fighter. If you're going to pick it up, I strongly suggest the PS3 version for the extra characters and not fighting against "hackers"

bread's done
Back