BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']He's asking which one he should play first. My answer would be the shorter one that you can be done with and put away. In that regards I think it will have to be KoA because I would imagine Skyrim is bigger plus it has some DLC that will add more length to it.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather play the better game first. To each his own I guess. It's not like KOAR takes 20 hours to be done with, it's still a game that you have to put a ton of hours in to beat the entire game.

Saint'sRow911;9822433]I'd rather play the better game first. To each his own I guess. It's not like KOAR takes 20 hours to be done with said:
I agree. But the chances of DLC coming out for KoA is pretty slim. So when you finish it, it's unlikely you'll have to dust it off to play again because of new content. Skyrim will probably get 1 or 2 more dlc packs at some point.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not sure. I've never tried it, but I am tempted to see if the RZ Silver people could order that one cabinet for me from the store an hour from me. It never hurts to try.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Especially since you're RZ silver.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I love the game, but I hate the amount of hand holding there is. One quest sends you to find a flower. Not only is the location circled on your map, but when you get there, a giant arrow is pointing right to it. It's a good thing the combat is satisfying.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem. Life's hard enough as it is. Why do I need my video games (a leisure activity) to be difficult?

[quote name='matrix9280']I don't see the problem. Life's hard enough as it is. Why do I need my video games (a leisure activity) to be difficult?[/QUOTE]

This is something I've always agreed with. There are very few games that I actually play on higher difficulties. I get more fun out of actually playing through the game and experiencing it rather than working my way through the harder difficulties (and possibly playing certain spots over and over and over.) Some of my friends won't play on any difficulty other than the highest. Me, I'm a beginner/normal difficulty player on everything except halo. And it can be argued that legendary on Halo isn't exactly the hardest thing to finish up, even solo.

At the end of the day it's just a video game. It's not like you win a trophy or get some great achievement playing it. You play just to have fun.

[quote name='matrix9280']At the end of the day it's just a video game. It's not like you win a trophy or get some great achievement playing it. You play just to have fun.[/QUOTE]

video gamez = srs business

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Oh yeah. Especially since you're RZ silver.[/QUOTE]
I haven't even tried to see if they could do an OMS order via the RZ Silver hotline. I know I tried the OMS order on Sunday morning at the other store by me and they said that the store with it in stock is not in their district.:bomb:

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']This is something I've always agreed with. There are very few games that I actually play on higher difficulties. I get more fun out of actually playing through the game and experiencing it rather than working my way through the harder difficulties (and possibly playing certain spots over and over and over.) Some of my friends won't play on any difficulty other than the highest. Me, I'm a beginner/normal difficulty player on everything except halo. And it can be argued that legendary on Halo isn't exactly the hardest thing to finish up, even solo.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same exact way. I play for the experience and not to become frustrated by it. Life is frustrating as it is especially when you are married with two kids, work full-time, and trying to wrap up a master's degree.

Believe me, easy difficulty is just relaxing...

This is why I love this website. Thanks to everyone that contributes. I just picked up:

Modern Warfare 3
Twisted Metal
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Kingdoms of Amalur
Street Fighter X Tekken

All for $80!

[quote name='ooga']I agree. But the chances of DLC coming out for KoA is pretty slim. So when you finish it, it's unlikely you'll have to dust it off to play again because of new content. Skyrim will probably get 1 or 2 more dlc packs at some point.[/QUOTE]

Amalur had 2 DLC quest packs come out (1 in March & 1 in April) for $10 each: The Legend of Dead Kel & Teeth of Naros.

But as I said in my previous post, Amalur gives you a TON of sidequests that are fetch this/kill this so you'll never lack in content for either game.

In regards to which to play first, it depends on preference: Skyrim is probably the better game, but Amalur has a MUCH better combat system. I find it a LOT easier to be stealthy in Amalur than Skyrim but that's probably just me. In Skyrim I'm a melee fighter that dabbles in destruction/restoration magic. In Amalur I'm a rogue/sorcerer that uses daggers, chakrams (which are insanely powerful,) & bows as a backup.

Amalur encourages playing as multiple classes. Skyrim will let you do it, but the D-Pad will become your best friend as you'll have to map a bunch of stuff to your favorites so you're not constantly hitting the B/Circle button.

KoA already has 2 dlc's out, both of which are awesome.

[quote name='ooga']I agree. But the chances of DLC coming out for KoA is pretty slim. So when you finish it, it's unlikely you'll have to dust it off to play again because of new content. Skyrim will probably get 1 or 2 more dlc packs at some point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I haven't even tried to see if they could do an OMS order via the RZ Silver hotline. I know I tried the OMS order on Sunday morning at the other store by me and they said that the store with it in stock is not in their district.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. When I got the Uncharted 3 CE for $30 and it didn't have a disc in it, they said they could order as far as the next state over. However, they gave me a copy of the game.

I want to believe the next state over is a whole bunch of districts away! You should try that hotline! The thing is nice!

[quote name='therealdeal19']I feel the same exact way. I play for the experience and not to become frustrated by it. Life is frustrating as it is especially when you are married with two kids, work full-time, and trying to wrap up a master's degree.

Believe me, easy difficulty is just relaxing...[/QUOTE]

Well, there's easy and then there's "let me push the buttons for you.". Nothing wrong with wanting to relax and enjoy a game, it's just that there was a time when an rpg required the use of neurons. Maybe this is why I can never finish new ones, they just don't challenge me anymore.
I do like Amular, but it's a game that doesn't require much thought to get through. Pick up a quest, run to the glowy circle on the map, rinse and repeat. Maybe I'm looking at the game the wrong way, if you focus on the combat, the quests just become Cod missions, which turns it into something else altogether.

[quote name='technicalstylez']KoA already has 2 dlc's out, both of which are awesome.[/QUOTE]

I know (well to be honest I though it had one DLC). My point is that once you're done with the current content, dlc included, you're pretty much done with the game and can shelf it. With Skyrim, you'll finish the game and dlc and a few months down the road new dlc will come out and you have to dust off your copy and start playing again.

[quote name='technicalstylez']KoA already has 2 dlc's out, both of which are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Has the KoA DLC ever been on sale? Can't wait for the price on them to drop so I can pick them up. Right now, they are too expensive.

[quote name='ooga']I know (well to be honest I knew it had on DLC). My point is that once you're done with the current content, dlc included, you're pretty much done with the game and can shelf it. With Skyrim, you'll finish the game and dlc and a few months down the road new dlc will come out and you have to dust off your copy and start playing again.[/QUOTE]
But like Skyrim, Reckoning is also full of content including faction quest lines. There is no real "ending" to the game, it can keep going for as long as you want it to.

Based on the comments, it sounds like no matter which one i start first (koa or skyrim), it will be quite a long experience... Maybe i should hold off on both and run through lollipop real quick....

Finally tracked down a copy of KoA @ the Tanasbourne store in Oregon, the last :360: copy I saw. They also had 3-4 PS3 copies as well, for those interested.

Also spotted a lone :360:SFxT CE for $35 as well, but since there's hardly anything actually "special" about that edition, I passed. Maybe someone else will be tempted?

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Based on the comments, it sounds like no matter which one i start first (koa or skyrim), it will be quite a long experience... Maybe i should hold off on both and run through lollipop real quick....[/QUOTE]

Crap shoot, they are both awesome games and I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Skyrim is heads, KOAR is tails. Flip a coin.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Does anyone know if you have to just play the demo, or complete it (like with the Dragon Age 2 Demo items)?[/QUOTE]

I played (or rather watched) the ME3 demo last night for about 10 minutes. Too much talking and cut scenes to start the demo. I finally got bored and turned it off without anything unlocking. If anyone knows at what point in the demo stuff gets unlocked then I would appreciate it if you share your knowledge. If it has to be the MP then we're out of luck, that part of the demo is locked now.

Hells, I signed up for the magazine on 7/15, and chose the digital edition.

Now it looks like my first issue will be the September one.

I specifically signed up for the KoA deal.

Bah.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']Hells, I signed up for the magazine on 7/15, and chose the digital edition.

Now it looks like my first issue will be the September one.

I specifically signed up for the KoA deal.

Bah.[/QUOTE]

Did they not give you a copy of the current magazine for free? Thats usually how it works. If they didn't, you might want to speak to the gaming rep or a manager there and see what they can do.

Just an FYI , I was at best buy looking fora past copy . While a tried to track one down I asked when the next shipment would come in and the screen said discontinued so I don't think they will be more coming out. So whatever is out that is it. Oh well wish I could get in on it but they always give me a hard time when I call the rz silver number.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Did they not give you a copy of the current magazine for free? Thats usually how it works. If they didn't, you might want to speak to the gaming rep or a manager there and see what they can do.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see a current copy, but I did see the coupon display.

I checked out at the front, not at the gaming register, so that's probably why I didn't get asked about the current issue.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Did they not give you a copy of the current magazine for free? Thats usually how it works. If they didn't, you might want to speak to the gaming rep or a manager there and see what they can do.[/QUOTE]

When I signed up a couple of weeks ago they actually gave me two issues, the current one and the previous one. I hope they don't count against my 10 issue subscription. Anyway to find out how many issues I will be getting?

[quote name='ooga']I played (or rather watched) the ME3 demo last night for about 10 minutes. Too much talking and cut scenes to start the demo. I finally got bored and turned it off without anything unlocking. If anyone knows at what point in the demo stuff gets unlocked then I would appreciate it if you share your knowledge. If it has to be the MP then we're out of luck, that part of the demo is locked now.[/QUOTE]

Its not the multiplayer part, I just unlocked my items yesterday. However I can not tell you where or when they unlock, as no message was ever given whatsoever. I simply completed the single player demo then loaded up Amalur and the items were in the chest when I reached it.

Haven't gotten my magazine yet, but the guy at BB was cool and let me use the store copy to get the last KoA. He sold me the membership and is usually pretty cool to talk to - glad there are some actual friendly people still working in these places.

[quote name='ooga']When I signed up a couple of weeks ago they actually gave me two issues, the current one and the previous one. I hope they don't count against my 10 issue subscription. Anyway to find out how many issues I will be getting?[/QUOTE]
Nope, not at all; I don't think there is any kind of tracking for the magazines given in store. Besides, did they even ring them up? As far as I know, they typically don't even scan the magazines; so no worries.

EDIT: And no clue on checking issues; best I can say is count em yourself, you don't get 10, complain to CS

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Gamestop is going to have Street Fighter X Tekken for $29.99 starting tomorrow, could you price match it and use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

No. I think the wording on the back of the coupon says this.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Nope, not at all; I don't think there is any kind of tracking for the magazines given in store. Besides, did they even ring them up? As far as I know, they typically don't even scan the magazines; so no worries.

EDIT: And no clue on checking issues; best I can say is count em yourself, you don't get 10, complain to CS[/QUOTE]

Yes, she scanned them both and they rang up as $0. That's what has me worried. I really had no use for the older issue, but she gave it to me anyway.

[quote name='ooga']Yes, she scanned them both and they rang up as $0. That's what has me worried. I really had no use for the older issue, but she gave it to me anyway.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thats too bad, I don't have an answer for ya then. Sorry.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having no luck with 360 copies of KoA. Seems like my closest BB has PS3 copies though. If anyone is in the opposite situation as me and wants to trade send me a PM.

[quote name='ooga']When I signed up a couple of weeks ago they actually gave me two issues, the current one and the previous one. I hope they don't count against my 10 issue subscription. Anyway to find out how many issues I will be getting?[/QUOTE]

You can go to the @gamer website and try to login. I did the forgot password feature and it emailed me my account number. I then setup a password and it let me know when my first issue would be arriving and how long I was signed up for (you'll be able to tell when your last issue is coming this way.) If it says you're first issue is September, you'll know you should be getting 10 issues (a full year.)

[quote name='advanced'][quote name='KingofOldSchool']Gamestop is going to have Street Fighter X Tekken for $29.99 starting tomorrow, could you price match it and use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

No. I think the wording on the back of the coupon says this.[/QUOTE]

advanced is right. PM+coupon is considered double dipping.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Gamestop is going to have Street Fighter X Tekken for $29.99 starting tomorrow, could you price match it and use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I bet I could get that for $9.99, but I'm hoping for a $15-$20 PS3 SE, after coupon.

Don't worry about it. When I signed up for unlocked, the Best Buy employee rang up like four of the older issues(from different months) along with the current one of the month and I still have the 12 month subscription/10 month issue period. He just told me the coupons were expired. Who was I to complain?:D

since my local BBY has run out of KOA PS3 and i dont want to get the 360 copy, i ended up getting the PC version. Only thing left is to get a better PC that can run it... hahah!

Damn, still haven't gotten my magazine yet. For the record, I only just signed up for GCU in June. I just hope I don't have to wait months for my first issue to show up.

[quote name='Tsel']Damn, still haven't gotten my magazine yet. For the record, I only just signed up for GCU in June. I just hope I don't have to wait months for my first issue to show up.[/QUOTE]

They were supposed to give you the first months issue when you signed up...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I bet I could get that for $9.99, but I'm hoping for a $15-$20 PS3 SE, after coupon.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except for 360. My BB has it for $34.99, but I remember reading on here before some CAGs couldn't get the clearance price to stack with the coupon.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']They were supposed to give you the first months issue when you signed up...[/QUOTE]

They did. I meant my first issue in the mail.

[quote name='Tsel']They did. I meant my first issue in the mail.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat with you. What I did, though, was call the Best Buy, tell them that my magazine hasn't come yet and that I'd like a copy of one to use the coupons before all the games are sold. All they had me do was bring in the receipt that showed my subscription purchase and they gave me a magazine. Got my $10 KOA! :)

Interesting...

I ordered a PS3 copy of KoA for store pick up last week. Received an email notifying me that my order will be delayed until further notice. There is no ETA for this item so far.

This definitely makes me feel that there will be no restock of this game for BB. Anyone else get this email?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Interesting...

I ordered a PS3 copy of KoA for store pick up last week. Received an email notifying me that my order will be delayed until further notice. There is no ETA for this item so far.

This definitely makes me feel that there will be no restock of this game for BB. Anyone else get this email?[/QUOTE]
I did...upon receiving I just rushed to store and found the last :ps3: copy. Because the possibility of it being cancelled is too high...

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but if you know the answer please let me know. I want to use my $5 off any pre-owned game to buy Red Dead Redemption GOTY for the PS3. My question is, does it cost the same as the used regular version? I ask this because it doesn't come up when you search for it used on their website and also if you try looking for it under their used trade in values it doesn't come up either.

bread's done
Back