BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jiggyteddy']Interesting...

I ordered a PS3 copy of KoA for store pick up last week. Received an email notifying me that my order will be delayed until further notice. There is no ETA for this item so far.

This definitely makes me feel that there will be no restock of this game for BB. Anyone else get this email?[/QUOTE]

i thought you are already got the game already, when you went search high and low for it

[quote name='bige562']Not sure if this is the right place for this question but if you know the answer please let me know. I want to use my $5 off any pre-owned game to buy Red Dead Redemption GOTY for the PS3. My question is, does it cost the same as the used regular version? I ask this because it doesn't come up when you search for it used on their website and also if you try looking for it under their used trade in values it doesn't come up either.[/QUOTE]

They must not have any used. Maybe too new?? Maybe they don't take it on trade....

I was going to do the same thing, you just saved me the time of researching this. Thanks!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Interesting...

I ordered a PS3 copy of KoA for store pick up last week. Received an email notifying me that my order will be delayed until further notice. There is no ETA for this item so far.

This definitely makes me feel that there will be no restock of this game for BB. Anyone else get this email?[/QUOTE]

I did a instore pickup of this game like a couple days after the sale went live and got this as well :| I better get it...

Still got till August 31 so there is still hope...

If anyone lives in the city of Chicago: The best buy at Water Tower Place has a few console copies of KoA left. I believe there are 2 left for the 360 and 3 for the PS3.

[quote name='bige562']Not sure if this is the right place for this question but if you know the answer please let me know. I want to use my $5 off any pre-owned game to buy Red Dead Redemption GOTY for the PS3. My question is, does it cost the same as the used regular version? I ask this because it doesn't come up when you search for it used on their website and also if you try looking for it under their used trade in values it doesn't come up either.[/QUOTE]

From my experiences I've found the regular editions and GOTY/special editions to be the same price if they're used copies. Most of the time my stores don't have those GOTY or special editions though.

I'm really waiting for a $5 or $10 Tiger Woods. My store seriously has 20 copies of the game, and that's not a joke - there is like 3 places for it lol. (They also have about 12 copies of SSX now)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I bet I could get that for $9.99, but I'm hoping for a $15-$20 PS3 SE, after coupon.[/QUOTE]

After checking GS.com about the $29.99 sale on this, I glanced over at the SE and am not impressed with the extras. As much as I like Capcom, that 'disc' thing had me a tad irritated, so I didn't look into this game any further till it got cheap.

Regular version, it is!:)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']After checking GS.com about the $29.99 sale on this, I glanced over at the SE and am not impressed with the extras. As much as I like Capcom, that 'disc' thing had me a tad irritated, so I didn't look into this game any further till it got cheap.

Regular version, it is!:)[/QUOTE]
My boycott of Capcom grows weaker... I must stand strong against their business practices!

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having no luck with 360 copies of KoA. Seems like my closest BB has PS3 copies though. If anyone is in the opposite situation as me and wants to trade send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Just throwing this out there again. Really hoping to get a 360 copy, but I'm probably just going to pick up the PS3 one and hope for the best since it seems a restock is not going to happen.

Here's another question as well: do you still get emails asking you to join GCU if you already paid in store to join GCU? Because I just got one, still have my receipt, and the e-mail and redirect link are implying that I am not a member.

Should I be emailing someone about this?

[quote name='kmlm13']No magazine yet, getting annoyed. Does anybody have the number for the magazine people?[/QUOTE]
Have you received any issues as of yet? If so, you can use your account # and your last name to log in on the following page and see if they shipped the current issue or not yet.

If you don't have that info though, you can scroll down to the bottom of this same page and the customer service phone # is there.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1343231913616&lsid=22071058336034154&vid=1

Saint'sRow911;9827351]From my experiences I've found the regular editions and GOTY/special editions to be the same price if they're used copies. Most of the time my stores don't have those GOTY or special editions though. I'm really waiting for a $5 or $10 Tiger Woods. My store seriously has 20 copies of the game said:
All versions of the game are under the standard sku. Retail is the same used and trade-in value is the same. Would just need to look at the art of the game in the store you are looking.

[quote name='kmlm13']No magazine yet, getting annoyed. Does anybody have the number for the magazine people?[/QUOTE]

Go to www.atgamermagazine.com, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Customer Service link on the bottom of the page to find out where your issue is.

Can also call 800-678-3643.

[quote name='ooga']Yes, she scanned them both and they rang up as $0. That's what has me worried. I really had no use for the older issue, but she gave it to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

You are good to go. The in-store issues are just a bonus (should be rung up and package out to free) and do not count toward your 10 issue subscription.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']My boycott of Capcom grows weaker... I must stand strong against their business practices![/QUOTE]

GS is probably selling used copies for $25 or $28 since the new one is on sale if that helps.

Also the 5 packs of gems from the SE are available seperately now for $1 per pack.

Best buy treats the GOTY and vanilla versions of pre-owned games the same now (they didn't originally). This is largely because most GOTY versions of games now just come with download codes rather than a 2nd disc, so with the exception of one or two older ones, most GOTY versions are identical to a vanilla version when used. I don't know if this is true or not for Red Dead, but assuming that the bonus content is disc based you will simply have to look and the in-store stock to see if it is GOTY or not.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Best buy treats the GOTY and vanilla versions of pre-owned games the same now (they didn't originally). This is largely because most GOTY versions of games now just come with download codes rather than a 2nd disc, so with the exception of one or two older ones, most GOTY versions are identical to a vanilla version when used. I don't know if this is true or not for Red Dead, but assuming that the bonus content is disc based you will simply have to look and the in-store stock to see if it is GOTY or not.[/QUOTE]

I did an in-store pick up of Red Dead Redemption X360 and when I went to pick it up, it was the GOTY edition. Same thing happened w/ Borderlands as well, although I have seen the Borderlands GOTY w/ a different UPC at other stores.

When did you sign up? I signed up mid/late June and still haven't recieved mine either. I called today and she told me I wouldn't be geting it. I don't get an issue until the Sept. 2nd issue comes out. Not real happy about that. My store doesn't seem to have any copies either or I would ask them to scan the coupon for KOA.

Just an FYI to those who don't know yet, Fable III Pre-Owned is on sale this week for $14.99. Along with the coupon it makes it $4.99+10% off GCU = $4.49. Some have reported though, this is a YMMV because the coupon doesn't automatically stack with the PM for some.

[quote name='Geco17']Just an FYI to those who don't know yet, Fable III Pre-Owned is on sale this week for $14.99. Along with the coupon it makes it $4.99+10% off GCU = $4.49. Some have reported though, this is a YMMV because the coupon doesn't automatically stack with the PM for some.[/QUOTE]

Was just going to post about this. Tried today. The supervisor gave me the price match of $14.99 per their website but the coupon only took another $5 off. So it ended up being $8 after coupon and GCU. Would've preferred $4.50 (why can't we use our coupons online??!??) but $8 ain't too bad.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Was just going to post about this. Tried today. The supervisor gave me the price match of $14.99 per their website but the coupon only took another $5 off. So it ended up being $8 after coupon and GCU. Would've preferred $4.50 (why can't we use our coupons online??!??) but $8 ain't too bad.[/QUOTE]

I had this happen too. I just told them the math never made sense and the cashier adjusted it for me

Does anybody think the Turtle beach PX3 Headset will go on sale before the $50 coupon expires. I would like to pick up wireless head set soon

[quote name='Rosser']Does anybody think the Turtle beach PX3 Headset will go on sale before the $50 coupon expires. I would like to pick up wireless head set soon[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you could PM it if it does. If not you should just wait. Sometimes it sucks I know :D

[quote name='Geco17']I had this happen too. I just told them the math never made sense and the cashier adjusted it for me[/QUOTE]

I ran into the same problem, but also had a penny guide and another Outlet Center price match, so I didn't want to bite the hand that was feeding me. $8 is still not too bad.

[quote name='Rosser']Does anybody think the Turtle beach PX3 Headset will go on sale before the $50 coupon expires. I would like to pick up wireless head set soon[/QUOTE]

Just to comment on the headset quickly, I did purchase it after going through a Logitech F540 and Tritton AX720. The Logitech sounded beautiful, but the biggest problem was they were unfortunately too quiet. Great bass, and wonderful highs, but you couldn't get the most of them because of the limited volume. The AX720s were disappointing, unless I got a bad pair. There was a bit of reverb and the mids were way too prevalent in the mix. The PX3 doesn't have as great of bass as the F540, but the sound quality is pretty high on these and the different presets is a nice little feature. I am sure these would sound better with the DSS2, but for $100, they aren't bad at all.

With that being said, these dropping a little would be great.

[quote name='YBX87']i thought you are already got the game already, when you went search high and low for it[/QUOTE]
Sorry, should have clarified it earlier.

I ordered one online before finding it on a shelf in the BX Fordham store. I was going to give this one to my brother since he is also a subscriber to @gamer, but since I received the delayed email it is looking bleak.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Best buy treats the GOTY and vanilla versions of pre-owned games the same now (they didn't originally). This is largely because most GOTY versions of games now just come with download codes rather than a 2nd disc, so with the exception of one or two older ones, most GOTY versions are identical to a vanilla version when used. I don't know if this is true or not for Red Dead, but assuming that the bonus content is disc based you will simply have to look and the in-store stock to see if it is GOTY or not.[/QUOTE]Thats mainly a 360 issue. A good chunk of PS3 versions have the content on disc bc bluray can accomodate the size and RDR GOTY does as well

Sorry if this has been asked before, but could you order KoA online to pick up in store (5-7 days) and then return/rebuy to use the coupon to get it for $10?

[quote name='jkimrey']Sorry if this has been asked before, but could you order KoA online to pick up in store (5-7 days) and then return/rebuy to use the coupon to get it for $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but someone said you have to wait for a couple of hours before they'll let you rebuy it.

[quote name='jkimrey']Sorry if this has been asked before, but could you order KoA online to pick up in store (5-7 days) and then return/rebuy to use the coupon to get it for $10?[/QUOTE]

That's how I got the game. Didn't want to risk missing out on it.

its easier to do ship to store, and then cancel the online order when u get there. the transaction isn't complete until you accept/pick it up. i usually do ship to store via paypal payment, then cancel the online order when i get there and the money is automatically refunded to my paypal account instantly. i let them know i have a coupon i want to use instead and they just ring up the already already reserved for me game w/ my coupon. really easy to do.

Managed to get to BB tonight and was able to get my July magazine. Yay!

But contrary to the inventory tracker, they say they have 0 copies of KoA in store.

Debating if I should buy it for pickup, then return and re-buy with the coupon...assuming there really is a copy in the store...

I asked this to a BB employee and they said no you cant do that. I tried to do it anyway at another store and it didn't work. I just said cancel it and left the store since I didn't want to wait to rebuy it, if they even put it out or let me go get it back from them after a few hours. I already got a KoA when I signed up for @gamer the first day it was available. But I wanted to get another one for $15.

if you order online, in store pickup OR ship to store, you should always have the option to cancel and buy on the spot.

I had a three game order weeks back. I got to the store and told the guy I had coupons so he canceled and just rung them up. $100+ before coupons and under $30 after coupons (guess which games)

with that said I just order KoA online (when still available) and returned/rebought with coupon.

[quote name='peregrine879']Can I use the street fighter x tekken coupon on the collector's edition?[/QUOTE]

I was told no by the gaming employee. I'm thinking of going back and making my case to a manager though, because my closest store has 1 collector's edition(box dented up from spider wrap) and 0 copies of the vanilla version. It's been that way for over a week now. Maybe they can make an exception for me in this case but the stock answer is no.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I asked this to a BB employee and they said no you cant do that. I tried to do it anyway at another store and it didn't work. I just said cancel it and left the store since I didn't want to wait to rebuy it, if they even put it out or let me go get it back from them after a few hours. I already got a KoA when I signed up for @gamer the first day it was available. But I wanted to get another one for $15.[/QUOTE]

He's feeding you some BS. I've done it twice in the last month - walk in and cancel my pick up order, and still buy the same items just with a coupon. I use in-store pickup as a "reserve my copy" feature for special deals now after missing out on a couple. I did this once in Kansas City and once in Las Vegas, so it's not like it was just a certain store or area.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to cancel your order and buy those same said items. The fact that they would deny business is hilarious, especially from an Unlocked member who is likely a frequent customer.

[quote name='confoosious']None of the stores near me have ship to store for Koa and I have an unused coupon :([/QUOTE]

You can order the KoA game at the store if it is out of stock at that store and they have it in the warehouse. I did just that today at the service desk. They rang it up for $40, scanned the 30 coupon and I paid $10 plus tax.

It will be in the store for me to pick up on the 31st. Very simple process.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Are there any good deals on preowned games worth looking for with the coupon?[/QUOTE]
COD 4 at $4.49 is a great deal if you haven't played the campaign yet.

If I purchased a Skylanders starter set two weeks ago would I be eligible for the $15 off Skylanders coupon in it, would I be able to take advantage of that? I am a premiere silver member if that makes any difference.

Well, my KoA order is now ready for pickup. Must have been more in the back of the store or something.

Now to get back there sometime in the next week and hope I can do the switcheroo with the coupon.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']If you use Pick Up In Store can you still use the $30 coupon?[/QUOTE]Not exactly.

You'd do an in-store pickup order, cancel the order at the Customer Service desk, then buy it in-store with the coupon.

The in-store pickup order is to make sure it's there in-store and available, as this title is pretty much discontinued due to the publisher going out of business and stock may be getting more limited by the day.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not exactly.

You'd do an in-store pickup order, cancel the order at the Customer Service desk, then buy it in-store with the coupon.

The in-store pickup order is to make sure it's there in-store and available, as this title is pretty much discontinued due to the publisher going out of business and stock may be getting more limited by the day.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. I placed my In Store Pick Up order and they said it's there. Really odd because I guess they got a restock. It was listed as unavailable at this store for the past week and today they had it. So it's waiting for me to pick it up and I'm going to go tomorrow. Good to know about the return/re-buy, I'll definitely be doing that.

Really lucky on my behalf. I'll do a store check for other stock (all the other stores within a 50 mile radius of me are listed as OOS for 360 version of KoA, which makes it even more odd that this one happened to re-stock) of that game as well and report back when I return tomorrow.

bread's done
Back