BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand, i just tried to sign up and was told i would be billed $19.99 for a 1yr/10 issue subscription of the mag later... and i dont think that's the gamers club unlocked. might go back after i eat. Idk how it turned into 19.99 from 15.99. Any help would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']No.

After all their deals, this is a good thing![/QUOTE]
Well, I know it's good for the wallet, but I need me some deal crack.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Well, I know it's good for the wallet, but I need me some deal crack.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I'm hoping for another fairly recent title(like Prototype 2 or Darkness II again) for uber cheap as a DOTD again or something.:D

[quote name='Royal High Knight']doesnt hurt to try though. I might actually try to do that, IF the gaming guy isnt this one asshole that I know. Thanks for the idea[/QUOTE]

though in all honesty it is hard enough to get them use coupons with sale items as i swear they all love to parrot out "coupons cannot be stacked with sales" crap even with GCU 10% used thing.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Well, I know it's good for the wallet, but I need me some deal crack.[/QUOTE]

lol deal crack. ill have to use that from now on. good one sir.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Me too. I'm hoping for another fairly recent title(like Prototype 2 or Darkness II again) for uber cheap as a DOTD again or something.:D[/QUOTE]

miss out on darkness 2 the last DoTD???

I signed up for Unlocked today. The guy told me I would get my first magazine in the mail? Should I have received it when I signed up? If so, what should I do?

And when I do I get my welcome coupon (B2G1 Preowned) Thanks!

I just signed up yesterday, too. If you wanted a magazine, it has to be scanned in by them during the sign-up process. Nothing else you can do now. Maybe they didn't have anymore magazine left where you signed up. The first place I went to never received any, while the 2nd place had a whole stack of them.

No one told me anything about the welcome b2g1 free used game coupon, so don't know if that is something that we're going to get or if we can use our Rewardz Program card with it.

they have those magazines in the game section, you should have just bought the one magazine rather than waiting on it in mail cause sometimes they show up too late.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As I think I said earlier in this thread, yes, unfortunately I missed that deal.:cry:[/QUOTE]

bummer though sorry i dont read every post in the thread its too long for that. i really enjoyed that one so much so i got all 1000 achievement points. i am surprised i was not expecting it to be so good. though i did not do that with darkness 1 as i played darkness 2 right after the first one. i really hope there is a third one to finish the story.

the new MSRP is like 20 dollars though and its well worth that price.

Perhaps that explains why i still haven't received my magazine. I could really care less if it is a 2 month magazine. Thats just a dumb ass excuse to skip a month

[quote name='Faulkjr22']I signed up for Unlocked today. The guy told me I would get my first magazine in the mail? Should I have received it when I signed up? If so, what should I do?

And when I do I get my welcome coupon (B2G1 Preowned) Thanks![/QUOTE]

Take your receipt back to the store with you and ask for a manager. You were supposed to get the first magazine when you signed up.

I just noticed that my RZ doesn't show up as the unlocked gamersclub even though I purchased it in store and have been receiving the magazines for close to a year now. I was wondering why I was having so many problems with GC unlocked deals.

Anyone have any insight on how I would get it fixed for my RZ account?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Take your receipt back to the store with you and ask for a manager. You were supposed to get the first magazine when you signed up.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to ask for a manager. Just explain it to the guy at the gaming department and most likely he will give you the magazine. Unless he refuses, then ask for a manager. No need to be a dick about it.

[quote name='confoosious']you don't have to ask for a manager. Just explain it to the guy at the gaming department and most likely he will give you the magazine. Unless he refuses, then ask for a manager. No need to be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

why be reasonable when you can be a dick

[quote name='sundrop']is there a reason everyone wants the 360 KoA instead of the PS3?[/QUOTE]

me personally i just prefer the 360 and its controller. though ive gotten a controller on the ps3 that looks like the 360 one. and im more of an achievement whore vs a trophy whore.

[quote name='confoosious']you don't have to ask for a manager. Just explain it to the guy at the gaming department and most likely he will give you the magazine. Unless he refuses, then ask for a manager. No need to be a dick about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the first magazine is given to you. Honest mistake. Just go back with receipt

[quote name='kayne2000']me personally i just prefer the 360 and its controller. though ive gotten a controller on the ps3 that looks like the 360 one. and im more of an achievement whore vs a trophy whore.[/QUOTE]

WHoah where did you get that controller?

[quote name='sundrop']is there a reason everyone wants the 360 KoA instead of the PS3?[/QUOTE]

360 version displays in 1080p, PS3 version is stuck at 720p, along with some other graphical issues. Other than that it's the same, just more 360 owners in the US and on CAG versus PS3 owners.

[quote name='MSUHitman']360 version displays in 1080p, PS3 version is stuck at 720p, along with some other graphical issues. Other than that it's the same, just more 360 owners in the US and on CAG versus PS3 owners.[/QUOTE]

Plus, for CAG's, xbox points are somewhat easier/cheaper to get for the extra dlc purchase, thats why I got the 360 version.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']WHoah where did you get that controller?[/QUOTE]

here's one, no adapter because it's wired. It was the DOTD for $9.99 not long ago, I picked it up then. I love it.

[quote name='Scorch']here's one, no adapter because it's wired. It was the DOTD for $9.99 not long ago, I picked it up then. I love it.[/QUOTE]
I've been using this one also (picked it up during the DotD), I love it too! Feels just like a 360 controller, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've been using this one also (picked it up during the DotD), I love it too! Feels just like a 360 controller, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

out of curiosity, does it have the triggers and bumpers switched? when i occasionally pick up my ps3 to play, that always feels the most off on the controller. bumper is always shoot (uncharted, other?) and you cant always change that in settings. if this was sub 20 again id pick it up

[quote name='bajingo']out of curiosity, does it have the triggers and bumpers switched? when i occasionally pick up my ps3 to play, that always feels the most off on the controller. bumper is always shoot (uncharted, other?) and you cant always change that in settings. if this was sub 20 again id pick it up[/QUOTE]
No they're not switched around. I also hate that with some games you cant switch them around.

I have been using the Mad Catz MLG pro circuit controller. It's deffinately anti-cag at $100, but I love the controller. I'm in the camp that strongly prefers the Xbox 360 controller over the ps3; so much so that my PS3 was being neglected. This controller got me playing PS3 games again. It's completely customizable: it comes with 2 sets of sticks, one that resembles the xbox, and one that resembles PS3, you can set them up in the offset xbox lay out or the side by side layout. It also comes with 2 different D pads, so you can choose which style d pad you like. It even has weights for the back that give you the feeling of a PS3 controller weight (no weights added) all the way up to an xbox controller with chat pad attached weight (both weights added)
The sticks are very nice, they claim to be guaranteed against 'drift' (you know sometimes after a controller has been broken in...one stick will start to drift when left in the neutral position making your character spin in place) and after 4 months of use, they snap right back to center. Also, you can switch the shoulder buttons on any game even if it's not offered in the menu settings. Holding the start and select buttons will make the the trigger and bumper reverse, so it feels more like an xbox control set up.

[quote name='JediKiller24']I have been using the Mad Catz MLG pro circuit controller. It's deffinately anti-cag at $100, but I love the controller. I'm in the camp that strongly prefers the Xbox 360 controller over the ps3; so much so that my PS3 was being neglected. This controller got me playing PS3 games again. It's completely customizable: it comes with 2 sets of sticks, one that resembles the xbox, and one that resembles PS3, you can set them up in the offset xbox lay out or the side by side layout. It also comes with 2 different D pads, so you can choose which style d pad you like. It even has weights for the back that give you the feeling of a PS3 controller weight (no weights added) all the way up to an xbox controller with chat pad attached weight (both weights added)
The sticks are very nice, they claim to be guaranteed against 'drift' (you know sometimes after a controller has been broken in...one stick will start to drift when left in the neutral position making your character spin in place) and after 4 months of use, they snap right back to center. Also, you can switch the shoulder buttons on any game even if it's not offered in the menu settings. Holding the start and select buttons will make the the trigger and bumper reverse, so it feels more like an xbox control set up.[/QUOTE]

That controller looks pretty sweet, but I can't stand the thought of a wired controller. Especially for that much money.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']That controller looks pretty sweet, but I can't stand the thought of a wired controller. Especially for that much money.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I really wanted one, but prefer wireless.

I try to eliminate wires wherever I can.

[quote name='smiggity']Is it impossible to find KoA PS3 at this point? All stores within 100miles says unavailable[/QUOTE]

Just a note, the Best Buy website has a threshold of 2 for it to show 'Unavailable' at stores. So, I would call the stores closest to you and have them physically check to see if they have the game or not. I have bought the last copy of Twisted Metal and SSX when the website showed "Unavailable" but they actually had 1 left.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Cool thanks for the suggestion![/QUOTE]
Power A Batman cintroller is great. Feels a lot like a 360 controller and works perfectly IMO. My kid thinks the lights are very cool also. Which I guess they are if that kind of stuff matters to you.

[quote name='MSUHitman']360 version displays in 1080p, PS3 version is stuck at 720p, along with some other graphical issues. Other than that it's the same, just more 360 owners in the US and on CAG versus PS3 owners.[/QUOTE]

I played the PS3 version, my wife the 360. We played side-by-side on basically identical TVs, and I can honestly say there's practically no real visual difference between the two. But yes, more CAGs seem to be 360 owners. If you have both systems & are trying to make the choice for this game, go with whichever system you prefer.

I've noticed a lot of 360 games that say they're in 1080p are just "pushed" into 1080p and so, IMHO, they don't appear any better than PS3 running at 720p. So, in my opinion I would suggest getting it for whatever system you prefer since everything else is virtually identical.

[quote name='kayne2000']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/POWER+A+-+Pro+Elite+Wireless+Controller+for+PlayStation+3/1403213.p?id=1218255563608&skuId=1403213&st=ps3%20controller&cp=1&lp=16

just note if you unplug the special adapter from the ps3 it wont work. thats its only flaw and slim ps3s only have 2 usb ports.[/QUOTE]
Dang it! I wish I'd never seen that. Now I can't play PS3 until I get one... :( How long is that cord? Nevermind found it in the description (6')

[quote name='smiggity']Is it impossible to find KoA PS3 at this point? All stores within 100miles says unavailable[/QUOTE]

mine is the opposite, I have tons of ps3 copies but no xbox.

[quote name='Woocls']I've noticed a lot of 360 games that say they're in 1080p are just "pushed" into 1080p and so, IMHO, they don't appear any better than PS3 running at 720p. So, in my opinion I would suggest getting it for whatever system you prefer since everything else is virtually identical.

Dang it! I wish I'd never seen that. Now I can't play PS3 until I get one... :( How long is that cord? Nevermind found it in the description (6')[/QUOTE]

the controller is wireless you just have to have the adapter actually plugged in but the controller doesnt need to be plugged in and thus charging.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm getting really tired of waiting for my magazine to come.[/QUOTE]
Still didn't get one? If you signed up recently you might not of made the mailing list in time.
YMMV but you can usually get someone to give you a magazine in-store if you tell them you haven't gotten one and show that you're an unlocked member

[quote name='Tsel']I'm getting really tired of waiting for my magazine to come.[/QUOTE]

When did you sign up? Did you check your email just in case it was a digital subscription? I got mine around the 17th of July through email.

[quote name='DFogz']Still didn't get one? If you signed up recently you might not of made the mailing list in time.
YMMV but you can usually get someone to give you a magazine in-store if you tell them you haven't gotten one and show that you're an unlocked member[/QUOTE]
mine hasn't come either. but the guy in the store was going to let me use the coupon until we discovered they didn't have any of the new mags in store yet. So i'm still sitting on my sealed KoA until i can price adjust.

[quote name='Woocls']I've noticed a lot of 360 games that say they're in 1080p are just "pushed" into 1080p and so, IMHO, they don't appear any better than PS3 running at 720p. So, in my opinion I would suggest getting it for whatever system you prefer since everything else is virtually identical.

Dang it! I wish I'd never seen that. Now I can't play PS3 until I get one... :( How long is that cord? Nevermind found it in the description (6')[/QUOTE]

Just going by what people said to me when I said there wasn't much difference. It's weird that EA had all of the copies sent to press be PS3 but I guess that's EA's policy on multi-platform releases given what I've heard from Shipwreck & IGN.

[quote name='uiengineer']mine hasn't come either. but the guy in the store was going to let me use the coupon until we discovered they didn't have any of the new mags in store yet. So i'm still sitting on my sealed KoA until i can price adjust.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that 30 day return window, unless you are RZ Silver with 60 days.

Completely frustrated by the disconnect between the physical and digital subscriber coupons...

Does anyone know how I can access the SFxTK coupon as a digital subscriber?? I've emailed @GAMER two separate times, and both times I was told two different things:

1) Best Buy would be sending an email themselves with a link to my coupons.
2) Log in to my Reward Zone account on the website and the coupons would be there, but all I see is the $40 off Twisted Metal offer. What a pain!!

Any help in clarifying where I can get these coupons as a digital subscriber would be greatly appreciated...

[quote name='Tsel']I signed up on June 21st. I checked the receipt I got that day and it said 'physical' subscription.[/QUOTE]

I signed up on the 18th of June so I emailed @gamer, they said my first issue would be in September.

I've asked for the new issue in a couple of stores, they said it was recalled or delayed due to a misprint or something.

[quote name='uiengineer']mine hasn't come either. but the guy in the store was going to let me use the coupon until we discovered they didn't have any of the new mags in store yet. So i'm still sitting on my sealed KoA until i can price adjust.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it will work since I just talked a BB guy into giving me the magazine since mine hadn't come, instead of trying to use it, but print this off and give it a shot?

Someone posted the same coupon in this thread or another probably 2 weeks ago.

http://dealspl.us/bestbuy-coupons

had anyone ever found a 360 control with a GOOD dpad?

i have the transforming one, the only one i modded to made the dpad more accurate and a few gamestop/rocketfish wired pads as well. nothig come close to the ps3 dpad

bread's done
Back