BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have to go back to do the return/rebuy but I only need the reciept and coupon for KoAR now since I have the game, correct?

[quote name='confoosious']I can't stand when people start with the whining about how BB doesn't have stock ("well, why did they put it on sale anyway? The entire universe is encompassed by my store and my personal needs! :drool: " ) or that they are withholding stock during the sale. The whiners seem to think that they're the only ones who want the game and/or that there's some sort of conspiracy theory. Both are idiotic.

I'm still trying to track down a second copy of KOA and have resigned myself to the fact that I bought this second magazine for nothing. That doesn't mean Best Buy is at fault.[/QUOTE]

Except for that little "$145 In Savings Inside" or whatever note on every issue. That's not really true if it's not actually off of items that are available. If they want to clear these games out with coupons, they should empty the warehouse to the locations that are out/low on stock before the coupons go live. It's not whining if it's reasonable. I am not talking about some great outlet center or clearance deal, but these coupons and @gamer exclusive deals are supposed to be a perk for being unlocked. It's just like a weekly flyer. There is no excuse for a store to not have stock on day 1 for an advertised item.

Yeah so I have 4 codes from the current gamer mag left. They are...

@25 off Tiger Woods PGA 13
@20 off Street Fighter X Tekken
@15 off Skylander Starter Pack
@30 off Tera

I'll mail them to you for free to a person who wishes to buy the game(s) to play them and not just be an asshole and flip. Would appreciate the code from Rage Anarchy Edition for xbox 360 but will give them away anyway. First to PM me gets them.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Except for that little "$145 In Savings Inside" or whatever note on every issue. That's not really true if it's not actually off of items that are available. If they want to clear these games out with coupons, they should empty the warehouse to the locations that are out/low on stock before the coupons go live. It's not whining if it's reasonable. I am not talking about some great outlet center or clearance deal, but these coupons and @gamer exclusive deals are supposed to be a perk for being unlocked. It's just like a weekly flyer. There is no excuse for a store to not have stock on day 1 for an advertised item.[/QUOTE]

I've been unlocked for almost a year. Every single game has been available at my BB when the sale started. Loads of other people on here report going to BB on day 1 and getting games.

Yes, it's possible your best buy may be sold out of a game. But considering the reports of success in this thread, I'd hardly say BB is somehow screwing over people with the coupons.

I haven't had an issue getting the game I want from the magazine. If you really want to jump on the deal, buy it online for instore pickup before the deal goes live - or go buy it and do a return and rebuy with the coupon.

Or maybe you live in an area with one Best Buy and they are sold out to begin with. Deal with it. You could possibly get them to have another store ship you want if you ask nicely and catch an employee on a good day.

Btw anyone thinking Tiger Woods will go on sale? Every BB I've been to is loaded with copies. I'd probably grab it if it were $15 or below.

Saint'sRow911;9850881]I haven't had an issue getting the game I want from the magazine. If you really want to jump on the deal said:
buy it online for instore pickup before the deal goes live - or go buy it and do a return and rebuy with the coupon[/B].

Or maybe you live in an area with one Best Buy and they are sold out to begin with. Deal with it. You could possibly get them to have another store ship you want if you ask nicely and catch an employee on a good day.

Btw anyone thinking Tiger Woods will go on sale? Every BB I've been to is loaded with copies. I'd probably grab it if it were $15 or below.

That tactic is probably why the game wasn't available even day 1. But it's easier to blame best buy for shenanigans.

I'm waiting for TW as well. I have a CE copy but need some gifts.

you also have to consider that there was quite a few people knew of the sale ahead of time and possibly bought it before the sale went live to price match later. Stop with the conspiracy theory. A lot of people here got in on this deal as well as other previous deals with no problem. As shocking as it may sound, but you will still live if you missed out on a sale.

Saint'sRow911;9850881]I haven't had an issue getting the game I want from the magazine. If you really want to jump on the deal said:
it will most likely end up like the previous ssx and sc 5 sale. most probably unadvertised temporily price drop for one week

[quote name='confoosious']I've been unlocked for almost a year. Every single game has been available at my BB when the sale started. Loads of other people on here report going to BB on day 1 and getting games.

Yes, it's possible your best buy may be sold out of a game. But considering the reports of success in this thread, I'd hardly say BB is somehow screwing over people with the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I have had the same success, but I live in a mid-large city where people just don't shop - so the volume is there. This backfires on the lack of Collector's Ed's available because of lack of sales, but allows me to get in on nearly every deal - even later in the week.

I am just trying to make the point that while there is great success, there seem to be many who are needing to do a return/rebuy or extra hunting. I really like the stores that have a rack of the items in the mag along with the mag and coupons showing the savings. It would just be nice if they would restock these games the week the coupons or a sale go live.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I have had the same success, but I live in a mid-large city where people just don't shop - so the volume is there. This backfires on the lack of Collector's Ed's available because of lack of sales, but allows me to get in on nearly every deal - even later in the week.

I am just trying to make the point that while there is great success, there seem to be many who are needing to do a return/rebuy or extra hunting. I really like the stores that have a rack of the items in the mag along with the mag and coupons showing the savings. It would just be nice if they would restock these games the week the coupons or a sale go live.[/QUOTE]

it can also be that there are not much cag, or sders, and gamers in general

[quote name='sassylaurie'] It would just be nice if they would restock these games the week the coupons or a sale go live.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they could send all their warehouse stock to the stores that are low but then people would complain about how it's not available for shipping so they can do return/rebuy.

Some stores have stock, some don't. Isn't that just the nature of retail?

Sometimes I do understand the whining. Seriously. Unfortunately as Punk follower said... That's Life.

But then there are sometimes where a person doesn't want to do the work. And then whine about it. For those... I say look in the sig at the poor Duke fan.

I bought another mag and another PS3 KOA to keep sealed. Might look into getting 1 of those Xbox versions to keep sealed, too.

That Alice in Wonderland game for DS is surprisingly creative and more fun than a licensed movie-game has any right to be.

[quote name='HornyPony']Yeah so I have 4 codes from the current gamer mag left. They are...

@25 off Tiger Woods PGA 13
@20 off Street Fighter X Tekken
@15 off Skylander Starter Pack
@30 off Tera

I'll mail them to you for free to a person who wishes to buy the game(s) to play them and not just be an asshole and flip. . First to PM me gets them.[/QUOTE]

Still have these. If anyone wants them, flip me a PM and I'll send them to you

Does anyone know if the DLC code that comes with KoA R will work on either a PS3 or Xbox or does it only work on a specific system?

I'm sure this has been asked before, so please forgive this CAG veteran for asking what may be a rookie question....

I signed up for unlocked in early July. Still haven't received the current magazine w/ coupons and I want KoA for the 360. All of the stores around me are sold out anyway. So, what the hell do I do? I understand the physical coupons don't work online, so can you get digital coupons if you signed up for the digital version of the magazine and would they work online? I've emailed reward zone customer service, but no reply yet. Thanks in advance for any help provided!!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm sure this has been asked before, so please forgive this CAG veteran for asking what may be a rookie question....

I signed up for unlocked in early July. Still haven't received the current magazine w/ coupons and I want KoA for the 360. All of the stores around me are sold out anyway. So, what the hell do I do? I understand the physical coupons don't work online, so can you get digital coupons if you signed up for the digital version of the magazine and would they work online? I've emailed reward zone customer service, but no reply yet. Thanks in advance for any help provided!![/QUOTE]

Someone said they had success by posting on their forums. I have had success from posting on their forums as well. (I didn't receive pre-order bonuses and the ME3 pre-order gift card and both were finally resolved through their forums). It beat trying to call them multiple times to get those issues resolved. I would try there. They have a Gamer's Club area and just browsing through some of the posts, I see some issues like yours on the front page. Some where BB reps have already replied to the poster about helping them with their issue.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Same here. Signed up for unlocked in last week of June. No signs of @gamer mag.
This sucks! Like someone has said, I think there is a huge disconnect between being unlocked and @gamer sub. The @gamer sub list won't get updated automatically. I tried to call BB and they have no idea what is @gamer sub? Does anyone has a direct phone number to @gamer sub? Is this a different company from BB?

Also, how does one get these two items:
a) Buy two, get the 3rd free on pre-owned games via a special welcome coupon
b) Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm sure this has been asked before, so please forgive this CAG veteran for asking what may be a rookie question....

I signed up for unlocked in early July. Still haven't received the current magazine w/ coupons and I want KoA for the 360. All of the stores around me are sold out anyway. So, what the hell do I do? I understand the physical coupons don't work online, so can you get digital coupons if you signed up for the digital version of the magazine and would they work online? I've emailed reward zone customer service, but no reply yet. Thanks in advance for any help provided!![/QUOTE]
Well... I'll give this a shot.

The magazine may not arrive because I think it takes 6-8 weeks to get the first one in the mail. I would recommend you explain the situation at the store you signed up at, and hopefully they may give you the current issue if you prove that you are unlocked. This is not guaranteed of course because you're not exactly entitled to it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

And as for the game... good luck. The only way is probably the online route IF they ever restock it online for ship to store or to your house. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your chances are looking pretty bleak.

However, there are some helpful members here on the forum, and they report they have some still on the shelves! I would suggest contacting them, and maybe if you get your hands on the coupon, you can mail it to them and they can pick it up for you.

Sure there were lots of maybes there, but like I said... there are helpful members here. Who knows... maybe someone will step up to the plate and offer assistance? I would try, but there are none at any of the stores around me. And there are 6 that I have some convenient access to. Sorry.

[quote name='mrclutch']Does anyone know if the DLC code that comes with KoA R will work on either a PS3 or Xbox or does it only work on a specific system?[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is one question that I've never seen before. I guess because the answer is pretty obvious. Here it is: The code will only work for the system it came packaged for.

BB customer service came through big time! I emailed them, got a reply that had me call the @Gamer magazine folks. They were completely unable to help and directed me back to BB customer service. I did that, got a really nice lady named Hannah who worked with her Supervisor and gave me $40 reward points (instantly) so I could order the game. Then, she got on the line with the @Gamer people, who switched my account to a digital one so I won't have these problems in the future. This is one of those times where just being honest and pleasant, thanking them for their help and what not, really paid off.

So, wow, not the resolution I was expecting, but that was awesome. Best Buy owns 2012 so far!!

Went to BB today to try to buy KOA, and the computer there said the game had been discontinued when he looked to see if they had any copies. Will they be getting another shipment, or am I totally screwed?

[quote name='nccows']Went to BB today to try to buy KOA, and the computer there said the game had been discontinued when he looked to see if they had any copies. Will they be getting another shipment, or am I totally screwed?[/QUOTE]

When I got mine the computer said both. There where four on the shelf and it was discontinued, but I found of the four hiding.

Now my question is. How do you disconnected a game you have a coupon for. How are people suppose to use it.

[quote name='nccows']Went to BB today to try to buy KOA, and the computer there said the game had been discontinued when he looked to see if they had any copies. Will they be getting another shipment, or am I totally screwed?[/QUOTE]
The coupons have been active for over a month now, why did you wait so long to try and get a copy of KOA? Just asking.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The coupons have been active for over a month now, why did you wait so long to try and get a copy of KOA? Just asking.[/QUOTE]

Only got my issue recently, and was out of town. Now can anybody answer my question?

If I wanted a deal from the magazine and I wasn't getting my copy of it before Doomsday, then I'd just bite the bullet and buy a seperate copy. I know it kinda defeats the purpose of having a subscription, but in those cases where the magazine is lagging behind and the deal is likely going to be only limited time(as in the case of KOA where the company went kablooie and as such the game is no longer being made) then I'd make an exception.

They wouldn't be getting a new shipment to sell it to you for $10. Few people will have luck getting in on this deal at this point. Sucks man.

I went to one Best Buy today that had at least 4-5 copies of KoA for the PC. Another one had 1-2. Seems like PC version is the only one in stock nowadays.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I went to one Best Buy today that had at least 4-5 copies of KoA for the PC. Another one had 1-2. Seems like PC version is the only one in stock nowadays.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the PC version looks the best.

[quote name='pacifickarma']From what I've heard, the PC version looks the best.[/QUOTE]
I would assume that's the case for most games.

[quote name='mrclutch']Does anyone know if the DLC code that comes with KoA R will work on either a PS3 or Xbox or does it only work on a specific system?[/QUOTE]

I think XBL uses 16 digit codes and PSN codes are 12 so I don't think there's any way it would work.

Good luck with that. Have them go into their main inventory locator and check all surrounding stores.

[quote name='mrclutch']if you havent got it by now I would say it aint coming.[/QUOTE]

I signed up on June 25. Still no magazine.

[quote name='Tsel']Stilllll haven't gotten my magazine. =/[/QUOTE]

When i called their customer service to ask about digital coupons, they told me if I never recieved my physical copy, they won't send out a replacement.
New policy I guess....

Instead they would credit me another month on the END of my subscription.
So I guess if you get screwed and don't get a month of the mag, and there's something you want for the month.....ya gotta buy it.

Bummer.

[quote name='Stingermck']I signed up on June 25. Still no magazine.[/QUOTE]

And you won't be getting one till September at earliest (there is no August magazine). It takes like 2 months before your subscription kicks in, it isn't instant.

I bought a game that was $14.99 with the $5off coupon and they said it couldn't stack with the extra 10%off of used games...

[quote name='ice_man_fb']I bought a game that was $14.99 with the $5off coupon and they said it couldn't stack with the extra 10%off of used games...[/QUOTE]
they're wrong.

[quote name='Brother Daz']they're wrong.[/QUOTE]

The manager said something along the lines of : the coupon says it cant be used with other promotions or offers and that since i already get $5 off and it's greater than 10% i would only get $5off smh

Im so glad they decided to put a game that they apparently wont be getting any more of on a freakin 2 month long coupon. Thanks BB, I love this useless KOA coupon that I get to stare at for another month untill the next coupons come out.

[quote name='ice_man_fb']The manager said something along the lines of : the coupon says it cant be used with other promotions or offers and that since i already get $5 off and it's greater than 10% i would only get $5off smh[/QUOTE]

the manager is wrong. yet somehow all best buys everywhere seem to think that despite the GCU website and FAQ and pamphlet they mail to you all say otherwise. how every best buy employee is this dumb i have no idea. i honestly think we need some scientific research on the matter. then again your average retail employee is fairly stupid in general so who knows what causes this exactly.

[quote name='TheGame2K5']Im so glad they decided to put a game that they apparently wont be getting any more of on a freakin 2 month long coupon. Thanks BB, I love this useless KOA coupon that I get to stare at for another month untill the next coupons come out.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but I have relatively easy access to 6 stores, and they all had at least 15 copies day before coupon went into effect.

I snoozed on the deal for a couple days, so it became a good old fashioned hunt for me. Took some time, but found it eventually. I was also able to order one online after the coupon started.

Good luck. It has been posted that some members here have excess at their store. Perhaps you can ask for some assistance?

[quote name='TheGame2K5']Im so glad they decided to put a game that they apparently wont be getting any more of on a freakin 2 month long coupon. Thanks BB, I love this useless KOA coupon that I get to stare at for another month untill the next coupons come out.[/QUOTE]
Other folks have mentioned ways you could get your hands on a copy of the game to use with the coupon(OMS order, checking more than one BB if you have multiple stores in driving distance), so there ARE ways to get a copy of the game if you really go out and try to get one.

As others have said though, it seems like the PC version of the game is fairly easy to find, so you may wanna check your computer's specs and see if maybe you could get that version. At least it's something and would allow you to use the coupon.

FYI: An OMS order is when they check stock for the KOA game via the SKU for the version you want and then order it from another store for you. Some reps may apply the coupon to it at the time of the order or they may wait until it comes into your local store to do so.

But the longer you wait and sit here and gripe about how you couldn't easily get a copy of the game the more the remaining copies are ending up sold out across the chain. So I'd get to your closest store NOW and see if they can order you a copy from another store.

Here's the SKU's to have them search their system for:

:ps3:-3784038
:360:-4263049
:pc:-4263058

bread's done
Back