BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']BB can't possibly be making money on the games with the $20 or $30 off coupons, can they? I'm not sure what the mark-up is on retail games, but a $40 with $30 off can't possibly net any return.[/QUOTE]

They are certainly making money!! Not necessarily on the games itself but its simple marketing the better the coupons/deals then the more subscriptions they sell, & they more subscriptions they have the more MUCH MORE they get from selling advertising in their magazines, ....so the short answer is the $ the get from advertisers far out weighs the loss they take on the games after coupons.

[quote name='wrestlerLAW']I signed up in March. Tried being patient waiting on them to mail me something. So patient that I apparently forgot all about it. Suppose it's time to call customer support just like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the signed you up for the digital version

Ended up finding a regular edition of Tera at a Best Buy that I'll be near in a week.

Looks like I'll place an order for that one to see what happens with the coupon.

[quote name='dviper2399']They are certainly making money!! Not necessarily on the games itself but its simple marketing the better the coupons/deals then the more subscriptions they sell, & they more subscriptions they have the more MUCH MORE they get from selling advertising in their magazines, ....so the short answer is the $ the get from advertisers far out weighs the loss they take on the games after coupons.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine they sell a lot of ads for @Gamer, especially when every other game magazine in the US is also published by Future except for Game Informer. And Game Informer gets some pretty good ads like Honda and Bowflex while @Gamer has nothing like that.

[quote name='jling84']When you place an order for in store pickup do you have to return rebuy to use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was told that procedure is that with online orders you have to wait one day for them to be able to do it because of the way It shows up in the system. I was lucky because there were no more copies when I went to pick my online orders up so I didn't care as long as I got the game.

Of course when I got the Borderlands GOTY editon for $9.99 the girl said that she was going to just sell me the copy as another order and my online order would show up as not picked up. So you might get lucky and be able to get it the same day.

Honestly, I hope @Gamer never becomes like GI, which is about 60% ads, 20% fluff pieces(omg this $200 pair of headphones or headset is what you NEEEEED:roll:) and 20% biased reviews/previews to shill for pre-orders at GS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, I hope @Gamer never becomes like GI, which is about 60% ads, 20% fluff pieces(omg this $200 pair of headphones or headset is what you NEEEEED:roll:) and 20% biased reviews/previews to shill for pre-orders at GS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally agree with you. I used to get GI but stopped due to all the ads.

Well, for one thing, @Gamer is not up to the same quality as GI or the great gaming rags of years passed like Diehard Gamefan or the old EGM. The quality of the previews, reviews and editorials is just subpar on so many levels. The only thing that mag has going for it is the coupons.

And, as a point of reference, I've been collecting gaming magazines since the 1980's. I know a thing or two about game magazines.

Awesome, I was waiting to see if there would be a price drop on Tera during the time the coupon was active! I picked up one for $10 with the coupon, I'm wondering, if I return it and rebuy, can I re-use the coupon? Normally those are "one time use", so it seems like that might muck things up.

Either way, I'll probably pick up another CE, just because I'm a sucker for CEs (this one doesn't seem to spectacular, but for $20 I can't complain)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, I hope @Gamer never becomes like GI, which is about 60% ads, 20% fluff pieces(omg this $200 pair of headphones or headset is what you NEEEEED:roll:) and 20% biased reviews/previews to shill for pre-orders at GS.[/QUOTE]

60% ads? The August issue had eight full page ads out of 117 pages. Maybe you're thinking of your Cosmo subscription.

[quote name='salty tbone']60% ads? The August issue had eight full page ads out of 117 pages. Maybe you're thinking of your Cosmo subscription.[/QUOTE]
That could be. Or my sub to Marie Claire.;):booty:

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Well, for one thing, @Gamer is not up to the same quality as GI or the great gaming rags of years passed like Diehard Gamefan or the old EGM. The quality of the previews, reviews and editorials is just subpar on so many levels. The only thing that mag has going for it is the coupons.

And, as a point of reference, I've been collecting gaming magazines since the 1980's. I know a thing or two about game magazines.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, I agree that @Gamer is objectively worse than GI, and GI isn't all that great to begin with. There is at least 1 'review' in each @Gamer that will actually have the line(s) "I am not a fan of this genre/I hate these types of games, but...'. Just.....really? Ugh...

Also, damn you for reminding me how much I miss EGM & EGM2/Expert Gamer...lol.

I'm currently a little sour because I STILL haven't received the July/August issue yet, despite having gotten all my other issues regularly for the past 4 months. Also still haven't received the 'welcome' pack either, but luckily I already picked up both items I would've used coupons for respectively (UMvC3 guide + :360:KOA) because the guy I regularly deal w/ @ my local store hooked me up for those specific items.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Well, for one thing, @Gamer is not up to the same quality as GI or the great gaming rags of years passed like Diehard Gamefan or the old EGM. The quality of the previews, reviews and editorials is just subpar on so many levels. The only thing that mag has going for it is the coupons.

And, as a point of reference, I've been collecting gaming magazines since the 1980's. I know a thing or two about game magazines.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what everyone expects from these magazines. @gamer is owned by Best Buy and Game Informer is basically owned by Gamestop. Do you really expect quality from a magazine that is free when you join a retail purchasing club? I have actually been surprised based on this. Each one actually does occasionally have some interesting articles and reviews, but I did think it funny to see @gamer give Steel Battalion a 4 out of 5.

The print magazine business is dying fast and likely neither magazine would exist if it weren't for Gamestop or Best Buy funding them through their rewards programs.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Local Best Buy has 2-3 copies of KoA for PS3 still but not for 360. I want to play it on 360. I'd be willing to do a swap if anyone is in the opposite dilemma (wants to play it on PS3 but can only find it for 360).[/QUOTE]

I didn't especially want it on 360 but that's what I got it on mostly because that's just the version my hand landed on. Are the 2 versions supposed to be pretty close performance and graphics wise? Mine has been opened but not played yet.

Anyone have any luck with tera and the coupon?

EDIT: actually doesn't matter, the non-ce is oos everywhere near me.

Any word on whether Street Fighter vs Tekken will go any cheaper before the coupons expire? I'm hesitant at $20, but will likely bite at $10, maybe $15.

Wait, can someone clear up the Tera deal?

So does the coupon not work on the CE?
Does it work on the standard at least, so free?

Also how long are the game held for in store pick up? I'm in portland and wont be back for at least 5 or 6 days.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Wait, can someone clear up the Tera deal?

So does the coupon not work on the CE?
Does it work on the standard at least, so free?

Also how long are the game held for in store pick up? I'm in portland and wont be back for at least 5 or 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Works on standard.

I'll let IATCG answer the other questions. :lol:

And add one of my own: why do people start posts with "wait"?

[quote name='gantt']Works on standard.

And add one of my own: why do people start posts with "wait"?[/QUOTE]

Woah woah
Wait there for just a second
I actually have no idea why people start with wait
:D

So they will just give it to you for free with the coupon? Do I need to purchase anything else with it on the same receipt so it doesn't catch the cashier's attention or something?

You'd have a week to pick up your instore pickup order.

I placed an order for one, but won't be able to pick it up until next Monday. I have little interest in the game to be honest, but for a $20 game that I have a $30 coupon for, I just HAVE to hear what they say. I mean at worst they give me the game for free, right?

Its supposed to imply that the person writing is confused and wants clarification.

Reading some of the past posts they seem to indicate people are ordering Tera for in store pick up with the hopes of using it with the coupon. The game is $19.99 so the coupon would technically take more off than the cost of the game. So I wanted to ask something like this.

Wait, so I can get Tera for free? That doesn't seem right.

I might order one for in store pick up anyways. Online it says they cancel it after 8 days.

Don't, even, know what the fuck a Tera is. However, I shall take my $30 off coupon and get that game and the $9.99 SF IV 3DS(no 3ds, yet) for FREE(ok $2.xx for taxes)during the 2.0 sale! Don't gimme no chit! There's an extra $10 on that coupon!!!!!!!:bomb:

[quote name='jling84']Do I need to purchase anything else with it on the same receipt so it doesn't catch the cashier's attention or something?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you would. It's a legit selling price set by BB, and it's a legit coupon that you paid for, right?

^It doesn't matter if you purchase something else with it, the coupon won't work. Same thing happened with the Deadliest Warrior. I was able to get in on the free DW before Best Buy bumped it up five dollars more. I purchased another game along with it thinking I was sly. The computer wouldn't apply the discount, even though I would see it pop up on the screen. It would show up as a $0 discount. I had to get a manual override, which will most likely happen with this as well.

I'll be at Best Buy at 10AM EST to try out the Tera coupon on the standard edition. Hopefully it isn't a hassle.

I'm also going to try and get a CE for instore pickup as I don't think my store has any. Now we just need a sale on SF x Tekken and Tiger Woods PGA 13

Just did a successful OMS on regular TERA over the phone with it being shipped to my house. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I attempt to do a return/rebuy and hand them the coupon :D. If it doesn't work, I just won't get it.

I was tempted on the CE but $0 (plus fuel/time) is a lot better than $20.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']don't know what the pointo f buying the magazine was when they don''t send it to you![/QUOTE]

Whend did you sign up? It takes 4-6 weeks from the time you sign up to the time you get your first issue mailed.

[quote name='dc delta90']Whend did you sign up? It takes 4-6 weeks from the time you sign up to the time you get your first issue mailed.[/QUOTE]

well, me personally, Ive only received every other magazine. 2 out of 4 so far.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like KoA DLC is this week's DoTW for MS. Yeah! Sorry PS3 for now.[/QUOTE]
Meh, that's alright. KoA sucks and I regret wasting $10+$5 on the magazine now. :\

[quote name='Jodou']Meh, that's alright. KoA sucks and I regret wasting $10+$5 on the magazine now. :\[/QUOTE]

Really? I feel like the game is definitely worth at least a $20. I know I've spent more on worse games.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't, even, know what the fuck a Tera is. However, I shall take my $30 off coupon and get that game and the $9.99 SF IV 3DS(no 3ds, yet) for FREE(ok $2.xx for taxes)during the 2.0 sale! Don't gimme no chit! There's an extra $10 on that coupon!!!!!!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Riiiiiiiiiight. Anyway, TERA is The Exiled Realm of Arborea.

You might try going to the store and try picking up the CE and if they tell you it doesn't work you can say "well the regular version is only $19.99 so unless you want to give it to me for free can you override this one?". They'll probably get a manager involved and you can inform them that you're a subscriber and that it's not fair that you have a coupon that doesn't work on either version of the game. It's a long shot but they worst they can say is no and you'll have wasted 5 minutes of your time.

At its core, I hated the combat system and how much it cheats when you dodge. It literally has attacks home-in on you while you're dodging and I can't accept such awful design. Story didn't grip me at all and the environments were pretty lifeless. I never had one of those awe moments where I stopped to breathe it all in and just plain wasn't having fun, so I had no desire to continue the next time I tried to play.

There's a bunch of junior mistakes that just added up over the 4-5 hours I played it that left me disgusted. Some people might really dig it, but I hated the offline WoW clone that it was essentially.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like KoA DLC is this week's DoTW for MS. Yeah! Sorry PS3 for now.[/QUOTE]

Stoked for it also and have been waiting for it to be on sale.

[quote name='Jodou']Outside of 3rd person action RPG? Not really. Perhaps this would help: do you prefer an offline WoW (KoA) or a drastically less difficult, open world Demon's Souls with companions (DD)? That's pretty much the best way to sum up both.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I've never played WoW, so KoA will be a fresh experience for me hopefully.

I barely played Demon's Souls, but Dragon's Dogma has been my radar for quite some time now. And judging from posts on these forums, it is quite the game with many saying it is well worth the price of admission.

Thanks for the feedback.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']^It doesn't matter if you purchase something else with it, the coupon won't work. Same thing happened with the Deadliest Warrior. I was able to get in on the free DW before Best Buy bumped it up five dollars more. I purchased another game along with it thinking I was sly. The computer wouldn't apply the discount, even though I would see it pop up on the screen. It would show up as a $0 discount. I had to get a manual override, which will most likely happen with this as well.[/QUOTE]

When I purchased Deadilest Warrior on the 1st day, the coupon worked fine and I got the game for free without an override.

[quote name='cheapfrag']When I purchased Deadilest Warrior on the 1st day, the coupon worked fine and I got the game for free without an override.[/QUOTE]

well you got lucky then, cuz i tried the coupon on first day for deadlist warrior too. manager told me no dice, and they are not going to give me the game for free

[quote name='cheapfrag']When I purchased Deadilest Warrior on the 1st day, the coupon worked fine and I got the game for free without an override.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']well you got lucky then, cuz i tried the coupon on first day for deadlist warrior too. manager told me no dice, and they are not going to give me the game for free[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah he got lucky. I tried the coupon on the first day the very minute they opened. The cashier even tried denying me at first. But persistence and a kind attitude will get you far.

Woohoo just got two copies of Tera for free because @gamer sent me 2 magazines this month for some reason. The CS rep was super cool and said "I guess you get these for free" with a big smile.

Also found a Tera CE that wasn't listed on the online tracker at the same store, so picked that up as well. Same CS rep also let me PM a SWTOR CE even though the nearest Fry's that had it in stock was 29 miles away.

All in all, one of the best experiences at BB I've had.

[quote name='jling84']Woohoo just got two copies of Tera for free because @gamer sent me 2 magazines this month for some reason. The CS rep was super cool and said "I guess you get these for free" with a big smile.

Also found a Tera CE that wasn't listed on the online tracker at the same store, so picked that up as well. Same CS rep also let me PM a SWTOR CE even though the nearest Fry's that had it in stock was 29 miles away.

All in all, one of the best experiences at BB I've had.[/QUOTE]

Did the rep press their finger against their lips and say 'shhh' and gently graze your behind?

I'm impressed you found 2 vanilla versions in the same store. I had a very difficult time even finding 1.

[quote name='barrit']I'm impressed you found 2 vanilla versions in the same store. I had a very difficult time even finding 1.[/QUOTE]

That's partially because some people feel they need 3 copies of the same game.

[quote name='gantt']That's partially because some people feel they need 3 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they got them for 2 of their friends, too? The same can be said about getting 2 copies of the same game...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Maybe they got them for 2 of their friends, too? The same can be said about getting 2 copies of the same game...[/QUOTE]
Or one copy, if people are altruistic. Just kidding.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']don't know what the pointo f buying the magazine was when they don''t send it to you![/QUOTE]
When you sign up in store they're supposed to give you that months' issue as your first of the ten issue subscription. Moreover, if you aren't receiving your issues in the mail by the end of a month to a month and a half then take in the receipt and other paperwork from when you signed up and let them know that you haven't received your issues yet.

If you're nice about it, then they should allow you to at least use the barcodes from the coupons in the store copies.

But as it stands, every magazine subscription I've ever signed up for took at least 4-6 weeks from when I signed up to start receiving issues shipped to my house.

If you're still having issues 2-3 months out from signing up, then you could always try going to the BB forums and making a thread asking about the status of your subscription to the mag through the GCU. But as some have already mentioned, some of the stores are holding onto the new sign-ups till they receive X amount and then sending them out to the company doing fulfillment for the magazine subscriptions.

Anyway, here's a link to the BB forums to post a complain if it's been past the maximum six weeks since you signed up.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Be warned that they typically take between three to five BUSINESS days(Mon. through Fri. ONLY) to respond on there.
[quote name='gantt']That's partially because some people feel they need 3 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]
Free game=good coaster, especially when it's a PC title.:whistle2:&

[quote name='YBX87']didn't some posters posted that tera was also a discountinued item from bestbuy? like koa[/QUOTE]

Yea, that was me. That's the impression I got when I was looking for the standard version of Tera. I asked the gaming guy to look in his computer when he was expecting to receive more. When he did, he seemed surprised and said 'hmm, it's been deleted'. Then he tried to direct me to some far away stores that had like 1 copy. Another was somewhat close and I picked up the last copy.

Tera was the DOTD on 7/13 for $7.99. Since then, it doesn't look like any stores have restocked at all (I was checking their site and store inventory every day until 7/28), and I had a very hard time finding a standard copy. Now both the vanilla and CE are $19.99, so I think that's a big sign that they are just clearancing out their remaining stock with no plans of restocking.

bread's done
Back