BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrit']Yea, that was me. That's the impression I got when I was looking for the standard version of Tera. I asked the gaming guy to look in his computer when he was expecting to receive more. When he did, he seemed surprised and said 'hmm, it's been deleted'. Then he tried to direct me to some far away stores that had like 1 copy. Another was somewhat close and I picked up the last copy.

Tera was the DOTD on 7/13 for $7.99. Since then, it doesn't look like any stores have restocked at all (I was checking their site and store inventory every day until 7/28), and I had a very hard time finding a standard copy. Now both the vanilla and CE are $19.99, so I think that's a big sign that they are just clearancing out their remaining stock with no plans of restocking.[/QUOTE]

i think tera was made in korea, so i guess sales did not do too well in north america. i ordered me a collectors edition too. $20 for one is too good to pass up, especially i am paying it with credit. i will probably gift my $7.99 copy of tera to a friend or relative

[quote name='YBX87']i think tera was made in korea, so i guess sales did not do too well in north america. i ordered me a collectors edition too. $20 for one is too good to pass up, especially i am paying it with credit. i will probably gift my $7.99 copy of tera to a friend or relative[/QUOTE]

Yea, true. I love Korean MMOs though, despite them being labeled as "grinders". They never seem to do all that well in the West (with the exception of maybe Lineage 2 considering it's still around). I use to play others back in the day: Lineage 2, RF Online, 2Moons, Aion.. not sure if there are any others I'm forgetting. Anyway, I have no idea how well Tera has done. I have been out of MMOs for quite a while.

picked up the standard edition of Tera using the GCU coupon and got it FREE. From $19.99 to $0, not bad. I was told they are not going to be restocking the game anymore so it's likely to be discontinued/deleted. Saw 1 CE though for $19.99

[quote name='gantt']That's partially because some people feel they need 3 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping 1 CE and 1 vanilla for the exclusive items and giving 1 vanilla to a friend so we can play together.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait is the coupon working on the standard Tera or does it require an override?[/QUOTE]

Definitely does not require an override. However, if you get a stingy manager they may just refuse to scan it and sell it to you altogether.

[quote name='jling84']I'm keeping 1 CE and 1 vanilla for the exclusive items and giving 1 vanilla to a friend so we can play together.[/QUOTE]

Oh the Blue Roan Mount isn't included in the CE even though it's also sold by BB?

i did not know there was this much ppl interested in tera, because of the lack of press and promtions. anybody cag wanna join up and play together

[quote name='jling84']I'm keeping 1 CE and 1 vanilla for the exclusive items and giving 1 vanilla to a friend so we can play together.[/QUOTE]

OK, sorry. Your custom user title made me suspect your motives. :)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']There's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to find Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning this late, right?[/QUOTE]

it is not impossible, you just might not find the one for the platform of your choice ( either xbox 360 or ps3)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']There's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to find Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning this late, right?[/QUOTE]

Go up to customer service and tell them you would like to OMS that game and use your coupon. You will pay the reduced price and they will either ship it to your home or to your local store if it is available.

-----

I just got back from BB. TERA CE does NOT work without an override (just like before).

TERA standard makes it free. No override necessary. :bouncy:

[quote name='YBX87']it is not impossible, you just might not find the one for the platform of your choice ( either xbox 360 or ps3)[/QUOTE]

The closet one to me now is almost 3hrs, I put up a pick up order and I guess now I just have to convince myself its worth picking it up. I also notice a bunch of places from where my friend lives seems to have restocked.

[quote name='gantt']OK, sorry. Your custom user title made me suspect your motives. :)[/QUOTE]

Hehe no problem. I don't think real Ass Gamers would really call themselves that.

[quote name='barrit']Oh the Blue Roan Mount isn't included in the CE even though it's also sold by BB?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. It definitely does not have that little blurb on the box that the vanilla one has notifying you that it comes with the mount.

I'm planning on opening the CE one first though. So if it has the mount, I'm going to try to convince another friend to play! Free vanilla Tera for everyone!

Got a free copy of TERA. Stupid manager wouldn't override it for the CE. I really wanted the CE. Well, I still have a coupon left for TERA, so I'll try going back tomorrow and see if there's another manager who will override it.

Also picked up WoW WofLK. First store I went to yesterday to get the Battle Chest didn't have Lich King so I got it today. And with school starting in a few days, I won't have time to play any of it.

Just got Tera for free (well, $5 magazine but still) as well.. they were out of stock on the CE. Ah well :)

The cashier cracked up when the coupon rang through and completed the sale on him without asking for payment. We were testing to see what the coupon made the game's price be, then did a separate transaction for the magazine afterwards..

Edit: Also, my partner got the collectors edition from best buy last month - there was no Blue Roan mount included with that. The Collector's edition is store-agnostic, whereas the regular flatpack case is a best buy exclusive release.

I forgot to mention also of some PC games on sale (some getting Clearanced out as well). I got The Club for $8.99 which includes a 1 month of xbl gold trial and it is Xbox 360 controller enabled support with achievements and all. Also, got Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes for $11.99 which is Xbox 360 controller enabled support with achievements and all as well. Both require GFWL (Games For Windows Live though). Operation Flashpoint: Red River was $14.99, still too much for me.

I found the last copy of Kingdoms for the ps3 at a smaller store in Tucson, no xbox. 5 dollars after coupon and cert. The guy said that they should be getting a shipment in Friday, granted it is only 1-2 copies per system, but don't give up hope. Maybe talk to some of your reps and see whats happening. I am thinking of going in friday after work and see if they have an xbox copy I can trade for.

I had previously bought 2 copies of Tera, one when it was a daily deal for $7.99, the other for $9.99 after using my digital @gamer coupon for it. I stopped in today and managed to get them to "price match" the one I got with my @gamer coupon to being free, and then bought another copy of the magazine to do a return/rebuy of my $8 copy, so basically I got $13 back between both of them and now have another set of coupons. They were totally fine with it, the manager was even the one that said to do the price override to make the one I bought with my @gamer coupon $0.00 when it wouldn't accept the digital coupon again (since it was 1-time use), so I guess the employees at my local Best Buy are just really nice.

Now I'm looking forward to my Collector's Edition of Tera to come in. Won't be able to use a coupon for that, but $20 for a CE is hard to pass up. I wouldn't try to press getting the CE for free though, it's already pretty incredible that they're literally giving away the standard edition for free, asking them to make an exception so that you can get an (originally) even more valuable version of the game for free when the coupon isn't supposed to allow that seems pretty shady.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Kingdoms of Amalur has been removed from the site. For anyone still hoping, it doesn't look like they will restock.[/QUOTE]

Now people have to look through all of the game shelves carefully to find it If there are any left at their local bestbuy. Good thing i got my copy right away

[quote name='Dark Rider']Kingdoms of Amalur has been removed from the site. For anyone still hoping, it doesn't look like they will restock.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I found the last Best Buy on Long Island that still had copies of the game on :360: and went out to get one yesterday. Glad I didn't wait any longer - even though I just got an Xbox.

[quote name='budz']Guess I'm calling my local BB since KoA is not available online! *Crosses Fingers* :D[/QUOTE]
I hope you're not one of those that desperately want this game... because I wish you the best of luck with trying to get one!

I was surprised to find Kingdoms of Amalur in a Tampa store today. I wasn't even looking (I grabbed mine a few weeks ago) but noticed it for PS3. Not sure about Xbox360. The point is that there are some out there...

Picked up my completely FREE Tera today without a hitch...the cashier is a guy that also works back in the gaming area and games himself. Usually when I bring him coupons he just nods in acknowledgement, this time he didn't seem to know about the deal but didn't question it either.

Anyway there was one Tera left (no CE's) in Salisbury, MD when I left.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I guess ill try this Terra thing. The price is 19.99 so you get a free copy correct ?[/QUOTE]

Si Señor. The coupon rings up no problem with the regular edition. Only the CE gives problems, you'll need a manager override.

One of my bestbuys has the collectors edition and another has the regular one so either way i wont walk out empty handed today ! Since i dont do pc gaming would anyone be interested in my tera copy when i get it ?

Awesome people are getting Tera for free. I've got a CE and regular version ordered for instore pickup. Will try to get an override for the CE first (doubt it). And then pickup the regular version if I can't get it.

Awesome deal lol. Thanks for the heads up whoever posted the price drop. (And yes I know people have issues sometimes using the coupon on instore orders, but I've never had an issue yet :crosses fingers: )

No go for the Collector's edition of Tera for me, manager wouldn't override the price. I'm fine with it, still bought it for $20 for the Lion mount. Used my coupon for the standard edition for my sister, got that free. Everyone gave the coupon and the register funny looks, but they've experienced this last month with DW. I have one more coupon, might pick up one more for free time, unless it's actually tied into the account. Anyone know if there's a time card in the box?

[quote name='slowdive21']Go up to customer service and tell them you would like to OMS that game and use your coupon. You will pay the reduced price and they will either ship it to your home or to your local store if it is available.

-----

I just got back from BB. TERA CE does NOT work without an override (just like before).

TERA standard makes it free. No override necessary. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Tried that today, but sadly the rep insisted that it wasn't possible. Ended up speaking with a second one on my way out and they gave the same response.

Kinda wish Best Buy would mail me these magazines faster, but I did get TERA's standard, so it wasn't a bad day.

I ended up going back today and getting LA Noire Xbox 360 game for $5.81 after tax, not too bad. Had them price match their own website for $9.99 then used the GCU $5 off coupon. Think this is the first time i've used more than half the coupons in GCU magazine. Oh wait, it's a 2 month magazine go figure =P

[quote name='Version3']If i signed about a month and a half ago and have yet to receive would i be able to in-store?[/QUOTE]Unlikely the status was just changed. Hopefully this can be in effect before nov but pure guess at this point. There's several other things that I hope will be coming too since they have garnered even more response than this so give me a day or 2 get as much info as possible.

I got a copy of tera with the bestbuy exclusive dlc for free without the overide ! Now what the fuck do i do with this thing ? Anyone want to trade a old copy of killzone 3 they have laying around for it by any chance ?

[quote name='Enuf']:applause:Looks like BB is starting the next wave of updates to the GC they are moving towards the welcome kits & coupon packs being available in-store. I wonder if they'll have alot of new updates in place to get people to re-up.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...s-should-be-avail-in-store/idc-p/557360#M1127[/QUOTE]

Glad to see this, should really help folks who sign up in the coming months. I'll have probably signed up before it goes into effect but still good to know. Next up, getting the coupons to work online!

[quote name='Enuf']Unlikely the status was just changed. Hopefully this can be in effect before nov but pure guess at this point. There's several other things that I hope will be coming too since they have garnered even more response than this so give me a day or 2 get as much info as possible.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the swift response.

Best Buy cracks me up. Back when they had free coupons and no shitty mag sub to get them, I'd get games free without a hitch. Went to get in on this free Tera everyone has been getting without an override and of course the guy needed an override because the coupon bumped the price up to $40 for some reason. Manager said I could either get the online price of $20 or use the coupon and get it for $10. Told him tons of people were getting it free without an issue and he still turned me down.

So basically, a PAID FOR coupon they will deny me free games but the FREE coupons from the past I got free games just fine. Best Buy cracks me up. Ended up putting back the $50 in blurays I was going to pick up with U&S and walked out in disgust.

After KoA was so disappointing, I basically wasted my money on a @Gamer mag for worthless coupons. Never again.

I have a proposition to make. The @Gamer magazines have not arrived in Puerto Rico, and I doubt they ever will. I really want the coupons, and I'm willing to help someone out too. Here's my suggestion:

1) I will send you $5 paypal gift (or amazon gift card).

2) You buy a mag and send me (at your expense) all the coupons from it, along with your coupon for KOA: Reckoning by USPS.

3) I will buy 2 copies of KOA, 1 for you 1 for me (I should be able to get PS3, XBox or PC copies).

4) Once I confirm that I have the copy, you send me $10 paypal gift, and I mail KOA to you, USPS first class in a bubble mailer (at my expense).

PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I have a proposition to make. The @Gamer magazines have not arrived in Puerto Rico, and I doubt they ever will. I really want the coupons, and I'm willing to help someone out too. Here's my suggestion:

1) I will send you $5 paypal gift (or amazon gift card).

2) You buy a mag and send me (at your expense) all the coupons from it, along with your coupon for KOA: Reckoning by USPS.

3) I will buy 2 copies of KOA, 1 for you 1 for me (I should be able to get PS3, XBox or PC copies).

4) Once I confirm that I have the copy, you send me $10 paypal gift, and I mail KOA to you, USPS first class in a bubble mailer (at my expense).

PM me if you are interested.[/QUOTE]
Q - Are there certain rules and restrictions that apply to the coupons printed inside @Gamer?
A - Yes. Coupons are valid only on in-store and in-stock items and only at Best Buy® stores within the USA; excludes Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offers may vary. Coupons are not valid on any BestBuy.com® order, including in-store pickup. Best Buy® employees are not eligible for this promotion. No copies. No cash back. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupons must be presented at time of purchase and you must be a RZ Gamer's Club member.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Q - Are there certain rules and restrictions that apply to the coupons printed inside @Gamer?
A - Yes. Coupons are valid only on in-store and in-stock items and only at Best Buy® stores within the USA; excludes Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offers may vary. Coupons are not valid on any BestBuy.com® order, including in-store pickup. Best Buy® employees are not eligible for this promotion. No copies. No cash back. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupons must be presented at time of purchase and you must be a RZ Gamer's Club member.[/QUOTE]

I know that the March or April coupons did not work in Puerto Rico because I wasn't able to use one on FF XIII-2, but one of the stores here had a sign in June encouraging the use of the coupons in that issue, so I checked the June coupons and they don't have the exclusion for Puerto Rico. I talked to someone in the gaming department and he said that the coupons should work now. However, I would be very grateful if someone could check the language on the printed coupons for July/August and see if it has a Puerto Rico exclusion. I guess there's not really anyway to check short of trying in a store, but if someone is still interested in trying, if the coupon doesn't work I'll send it back to you at my expense. Normally I wouldn't bother because I'm sure most people would prefer to have some certainty that they'll get the game, but if KOA is going out of print, I figure I can help someone else out and get a copy for myself at the same time.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Any word on whether SFvT and/or Tiger Woods 13 are dropping any lower before the coupons expire?[/QUOTE]

Still got like 3 more weeks, just play the waiting game I suppose.

I know this is off topic, but I've spent most of the night working on game covers, and if anyone wants to replace that Tera Best Buy Exclusive cover with something without an ugly red banner on it, I have one here.
Slightly NSFW, but if you've seen Tera artwork, you know this already. Click on the image to download. If anyone has a good quality scan of the original cover, I can recreate that as it's supposed to be.

Tried to get a free Tera (vanilla) today but the coupon caused the system to raise the price to $39.99 before deducting the coupon value so it ended up being $10. Was there buying a few other items so I thought I'd give it a whirl with all the other success stories floating around. Wasn't gonna argue since I wasn't interested in the game anyway. Back to BB it goes on my next trip...

For all the people who have a free copy of TERA and don't want it, why give it away? You should at least try it. First month's free. I don't have a whole lot of interest in the game, but I have a little interest and will be fine with playing for a month.

bread's done
Back