BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any luck finding KoA PS3 in Austin TX? Just moved here and don't have a car so it's been hard for me to find one without wasting an entire day bussing around.

Grrrr, my PC/DS3 still aren't working right. It's come a long way but it's still constantly disconnecting and connecting. May just pick up a cheapo wired 360 controller tomorrow at the new BB sale.

Was able to find 2 Xbox 360 Kingdoms of Amular in the Kansas City area. Picked up 1 of them...I already have one so this sealed copy I hold in my hands needs a home. Best offer takes it

I actually lucked out and found LA Noire Complete marked the same as a regular copy- used my coupon and the cool manager used an override to give it to me for 5 clams. I'm really lucky my main Best Buy is cool about coupons/price matching

Saint'sRow911;9876204 said:
Was able to find 2 Xbox 360 Kingdoms of Amular in the Kansas City area. Picked up 1 of them...I already have one so this sealed copy I hold in my hands needs a home. Best offer takes it

One dollar, Bob.

[quote name='NHDrumline17']Anybody have any luck finding KoA PS3 in Austin TX? Just moved here and don't have a car so it's been hard for me to find one without wasting an entire day bussing around.[/QUOTE]

I lived in Austin for three years, just moved away two weeks ago. You'll want to hit up Lakeline and 360 for these games. However, there are SEVERAL gamers in the area and they go quick. Usually by Tuesday most copies are gone. All of Austin was out by the Thursday the coupons were active. It's best to do it the Sunday morning the coupons go live. Or, buy before the coupon is live and return once the coupon is active.

[quote name='NHDrumline17']Anybody have any luck finding KoA PS3 in Austin TX? Just moved here and don't have a car so it's been hard for me to find one without wasting an entire day bussing around.[/QUOTE]

I'm heading to Best Buy tomorrow so I'll check it out for you.

Saint'sRow911;9876204 said:
I bid three fifty ONE and a HJ from an ugly tranny from CL.;):lol:

my BB still has a KoA for PS3 left. I don't have a spare coupon, but i'd be willing to grab that KoA for someone if they sent me the coupon. You would pay cost plus the shipping (probably $2 to 2.50 to ship). let me know before someone else buys it!

Went to another store, they also had 2 copies of KOA for 360. So there's at least 3 copies near me.

Kinda feel bad for you guys who can't seem to find a copy, maybe go ask your store if they can have another store ship one your way.

Okay my moral question of the day. I never received my mag for this month (July/August). After two weeks, I reported it, but it was too late to be sent another (According to them). So they were unable to do anything.
Recently my BB received another load of KOA according to the locator. I would like to get a copy for personal use. So my question, is it morally right to use a scan, as a GCU Member, when I had no possible way to use the coupon I paid for in my subscription?

I will be interested to hear what you guys think. As I reminder, I would almost always frown upon use of an illegitimate coupon, but I just don't know in this situation.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Okay my moral question of the day. I never received my mag for this month (July/August). After two weeks, I reported it, but it was too late to be sent another (According to them). So they were unable to do anything.
Recently my BB received another load of KOA according to the locator. I would like to get a copy for personal use. So my question, is it morally right to use a scan, as a GCU Member, when I had no possible way to use the coupon I paid for in my subscription?

I will be interested to hear what you guys think. As I reminder, I would almost always frown upon use of an illegitimate coupon, but I just don't know in this situation.[/QUOTE]

I would bring some proof that you are GCU to the store (such as receipt for your membership), explain the situation and ask if they will let you have a magazine or at least scan the coupon from one of theirs.

[quote name='gantt']I would bring some proof that you are GCU to the store (such as receipt for your membership), explain the situation and ask if they will let you have a magazine or at least scan the coupon from one of theirs.[/QUOTE]

I had considered that. My only concern is getting the guy in gaming who thinks they are single use. I suppose it's worth a try, when I pick up Driver in the morning.

[quote name='Burning Karma']You could always buy the magazine if all else fails.[/QUOTE]

I know. I just hate buying the magazine when I already technically paid for it. Like I said, I am going to try and get an employee to let me scan the store copy. If that fails, I might just buy it, even though I am only going to use the KOA coupon.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I know. I just hate buying the magazine when I already technically paid for it. Like I said, I am going to try and get an employee to let me scan the store copy. If that fails, I might just buy it, even though I am only going to use the KOA coupon.[/QUOTE]

Unless the employee is a complete douche, he'll let you do that if you explain the situation. Especially if there's no purchase history of KOa in your acct.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Okay my moral question of the day. I never received my mag for this month (July/August). After two weeks, I reported it, but it was too late to be sent another (According to them). So they were unable to do anything.

I will be interested to hear what you guys think. As I reminder, I would almost always frown upon use of an illegitimate coupon, but I just don't know in this situation.[/QUOTE]

I would just go explain your situation. The BB near me have been real cool with the magazine. I didn't get my copy and they just handed me one when I told them I didn't get my copy this month. Most of them I've gone into recently still have stacks of these things just sitting around. Just show them you're an Unlocked member and see if they'll work with you.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']My Best Buy still doesn't have any. If anyone can get an extra copy for 360 I'll pay for it plus shipping and whatever other fees.[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM, I picked up an extra 360 copy today.

[quote name='gantt']I would bring some proof that you are GCU to the store (such as receipt for your membership), explain the situation and ask if they will let you have a magazine or at least scan the coupon from one of theirs.[/QUOTE]
this is what i did at my BB and they were going to let me use the coupon. however, they STILL don't have the mag in stock. WTF?

That last sentence sounds like a hypocrite. It's not ok, unless you're going to do it.

Explain your situation to the store. They can see you are GCU in the system. They may, even, see your join date, as well.

I didn't get interested in KoA until it's DLC went on sale so I guess I got lucky that I found a lone copy (360) at the store nearest to me. I went to another BB a couple of miles down the road to pick up Rayman Origins and found another copy (also for 360). If anyone is interested, the latter was at the BB on Sepulveda in El Segundo, CA.

There are no copies of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in my vicinity. Not even at the further Best Buys. I could find Gamer magazines for July/August, but not a new copy of the game. Gotta love my location.

Of course it is. That's exactly what I did. The physical coupons aren't unique (though I believe the digital ones may be). Just go, explain it to whomever is working the games department, they'll probably check your subscription to make sure you are unlocked and scan a copy out of the store magazine.

[quote name='Forsvaine']There are no copies of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in my vicinity. Not even at the further Best Buys. I could find Gamer magazines for July/August, but not a new copy of the game. Gotta love my location.[/QUOTE]
my BB is the opposite....KOA is there but no F'ing magazines.

Found a CE Tera that was tagged at $79.99. I asked the cashier if the @Gamer coupon would work on it. The game rang up $39.99 and the coupon didn't work. I think the person was new since he asked me if the trade in card I used as payment was also a gift card.

[quote name='snacks28217']Dark Rider if you need my help let me know. I can ask at my BB. they usually let me without a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer. Luckily everything went off without a hitch today.

I went in, explained it to the Gaming Supervisor I have become decent friends with. He remembered I was a GCU without looking it up, and gave me a new magazine. I used it to get a copy of KoA for $10.

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I am glad I decided to go the ethical route.

[quote name='Sway']Found a CE Tera that was tagged at $79.99. I asked the cashier if the @Gamer coupon would work on it. The game rang up $39.99 and the coupon didn't work. I think the person was new since he asked me if the trade in card I used as payment was also a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Same shit happened to me... but on the website the CE version is 19.99. I wonder if we could go in and get that website price?

I found koA at my local best buy who sold put on the first day
. I think people are not picking up their online order so their returning them to the sales floor.

[quote name='shujikun']Same shit happened to me... but on the website the CE version is 19.99. I wonder if we could go in and get that website price?[/QUOTE]

I just did that today. It came up 39.99 and I asked the cashier to price match the website and they did. I didn't use any coupons on it either.

Well today was a good day. Went in for their blowout sale and was able to find a two stacks of KoA. They were nice enough to let me pick up two copies of it for my coupon as well.

[quote name='shujikun']Same shit happened to me... but on the website the CE version is 19.99. I wonder if we could go in and get that website price?[/QUOTE]

If it's available for in-store pickup, you could do that also. That's what I did, and got it for 19.99. What server is everyone on? I'm on basalisk crag, one of the PvP servers.

I just did that today. It came up 39.99 and I asked the cashier to price match the website and they did. I didn't use any coupons on it either.
Thanks for the info. Good to know. I'll go in tomorrow and see what's up.

My Best Buy had 2 copies in stock of Kingdoms of Amalur, yay, picked up one! I just signed up for Gamers Unlocked... I figured why not because I bought the last 3 issues for coupons. I signed up for digital, when can I expect my welcome package? I can't find info anywhere.

They'll send some kind of "welcome package" in the fall...that's all I've been able to gather. The way they welcome new members is utter crap, if you ask me. I had to call and ask for help since A) I didn't have any mag or coupons after 5 weeks, B) the game I wanted wasn't available in the store (KoA) so, C) I felt pretty much hosed. The customer service lady gave me $40 in reward zone credit.

....which I used $10 of to get KoA when I lucked out and found it in store and after a friendly employee gave me a mag, since I didn't get one, and the other $30 will go towards Darksiders. :) CAG 4 Life.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']They'll send some kind of "welcome package" in the fall...that's all I've been able to gather. The way they welcome new members is utter crap, if you ask me. I had to call and ask for help since A) I didn't have any mag or coupons after 5 weeks, B) the game I wanted wasn't available in the store (KoA) so, C) I felt pretty much hosed. The customer service lady gave me $40 in reward zone credit.

....which I used $10 of to get KoA when I lucked out and found it in store and after a friendly employee gave me a mag, since I didn't get one, and the other $30 will go towards Darksiders. :) CAG 4 Life.[/QUOTE]
After giving you your starting magazine in store when you sign up, it may take 4 to 6 weeks for issues to start arriving in the mail. As for KOA, I'm pretty sure that the coupon is only to clear out remaining stock, so you're not really guaranteed a copy of every game from the magazine coupons.

Just finished KOA (Level 36. Didn't do a ton of the Side quests) Really fun game. Made me feel a little sad that i saw Schilling work again on ESPN today....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']After giving you your starting magazine in store when you sign up, it may take 4 to 6 weeks for issues to start arriving in the mail. As for KOA, I'm pretty sure that the coupon is only to clear out remaining stock, so you're not really guaranteed a copy of every game from the magazine coupons.[/QUOTE]

Well I signed up for digital because I really only care about the coupons lol. So I didn't know if the welcome package would still take 4-6 weeks.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Well I signed up for digital because I really only care about the coupons lol. So I didn't know if the welcome package would still take 4-6 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Welcome packages are sent out roughly "Quarterly". So it could be next month or 4 months from now.... I don't know when the last ones went out but you could get a close estimate on when you'll get yours based on that information.

[quote name='lwhitit']Just finished KOA (Level 36. Didn't do a ton of the Side quests) Really fun game. Made me feel a little sad that i saw Schilling work again on ESPN today....[/QUOTE]
Nice. I'm taking my time w/ the game (level 22 atm). Did you get the DLC as well, it's currently on sale.

[quote name='Woocls']Welcome packages are sent out roughly "Quarterly". So it could be next month or 4 months from now.... I don't know when the last ones went out but you could get a close estimate on when you'll get yours based on that information.[/QUOTE]

Lol hurray haha. Thanks. Do u get the magazine digitally? Will I get the magazine for next month when it comes out? I assumed I would cuz its digital.

bread's done
Back