BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Esphyrian']Nice. I'm taking my time w/ the game (level 22 atm). Did you get the DLC as well, it's currently on sale.[/QUOTE]

I spent 36 hours on the game. I did all the Faction quests (recommended) Saw the dlc on sale but i am done with it. I usually don't redeem the online passes for these kinds of games but the armor did help @ the start. I try to plow through the main quests and then get rid of the games.

Enjoy the game, it was fun the whole way. Do you feel like the story is delivered well in the game? After i beat the game i feel like i missed alot of what was really going on in that world.

Going to spend more time with 10/10. Finish all the side quests on that game + Harley's revenge.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Lol hurray haha. Thanks. Do u get the magazine digitally? Will I get the magazine for next month when it comes out? I assumed I would cuz its digital.[/QUOTE]
I don't get the digital sub but the same time frame should still apply. (4-6weeks) part of that time comes from BB's policy of sending out new subs in batches. So they hold onto them until they get enough and then send them all out. And the rest of that is @Gamer processing those new subs and getting them in the system. If you're lucky you'll probably get Sept's issue, if not expect your first one to be Oct.

has anyone renewed their gamer subscription yet? mine doesn't expire until october, but i'm wondering if i do it in store again will i still get the paper magazine and a new welcome package.

[quote name='frpilot']has anyone renewed their gamer subscription yet? mine doesn't expire until october, but i'm wondering if i do it in store again will i still get the paper magazine and a new welcome package.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just wondering that the other day. Since this is the first year, I didn't know if I should expect my next issue to have one of those 'this is your last issue, please renew' papers on the front of it, get something in the mail, or if I just have to go in-store to do it.

[quote name='frpilot']has anyone renewed their gamer subscription yet? mine doesn't expire until october, but i'm wondering if i do it in store again will i still get the paper magazine and a new welcome package.[/QUOTE]

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...o-I-Extend-My-Unlocked-Membership/td-p/540144

Enuf linked this earlier in the thread talking about the same issue. You'd probably want to do it in-store (I don't even know if you can get the sub any other way outside of visiting the store) just to get the current issue and RZ points. A BB representative confirms in the thread that you'll get a new welcome packet of coupons.

There might have been a small restock of KoA. I found one copy of each, using both of my coupons. My store was sold out the week that coupon came out. The placeholders with the price weren't even on the display racks for the last couple weeks. I picked them up yesterday.

A few stores that didn't have KoA before now do in my area. It looks like they are restocking them a little bit. So there's still a chance that you can get this. So go go go to your store store store and pick up this awesome game.

I normally buy PC games online so not so familiar with BB or the whole brick and motar thing, pardon the noob questions. This has probably been asked before so feel free to beat me with a thousand wet noodles. :oops:

If I order Amalur for store pickup and then throw something else in to do a total of over $50 store pickup worth of orders for the $10 savings code can I then use the @Gamer Amalur coupon when I go to pickup the game?

I don't seem to have any stores near me that actually say Amalur is in stock but they all say available for pickup in 7-10 days.

*Edit: Okay from doing some searching it seems that the coupon excludes store pickup but that some people have managed to get Best Buy employees to give them the coupon anyway for store pickup but that's a very YMMV thing.

Also, if I understand the OP correctly, I can join the Gamer Unlocked club and then also get a current copy of the @Gamer magazine right there in store for free since I'm joining the club?

Picked up the last copy of Tera CE at my BB for 20. Pretty cool little package overall. I'm starting a collage of mmo world maps on my wall. Tera's map is great and easily seen, but Rift's map is glossy and can be hard to see with the glare. Now lets see if I can find the rest of my MMO maps... just found my Vanguard map... wow the maps are so tiny that you almost need a magnifying glass to see the locales.

For those that care there were 1 copy of each KoA at the Racine WI store.

edit; there were at least 4 copies of Tera also

Last week KoA was out of stock everywhere on Long Island except Riverhead (where I picked up one of the last two copies).

Today I was in Commack, NY and they had one Xbox 360 copy that wasn't there last week. In case anyone is looking.

[quote name='lwhitit']I spent 36 hours on the game. I did all the Faction quests (recommended) Saw the dlc on sale but i am done with it. I usually don't redeem the online passes for these kinds of games but the armor did help @ the start. I try to plow through the main quests and then get rid of the games.

Enjoy the game, it was fun the whole way. Do you feel like the story is delivered well in the game? After i beat the game i feel like i missed alot of what was really going on in that world.

Going to spend more time with 10/10. Finish all the side quests on that game + Harley's revenge.[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying KoA immensely, it's a nice break from AC:B (gotta finish the last 2 AC games b4 3 comes out). Currently working on doing all the quests and eventually building an uber weapon. I purchased the 2 DLCs (Dead Kel and Teeth of Naros) just b/c they were free anyway w/ Bing points. Just finished Dead Kel, and I recommend it if you want Master/Flawless building materials quickly. Love RPGs, but man they take a lot of time to finish.

[quote name='Esphyrian']I'm enjoying KoA immensely, it's a nice break from AC:B (gotta finish the last 2 AC games b4 3 comes out). Currently working on doing all the quests and eventually building an uber weapon. I purchased the 2 DLCs (Dead Kel and Teeth of Naros) just b/c they were free anyway w/ Bing points. Just finished Dead Kel, and I recommend it if you want Master/Flawless building materials quickly. Love RPGs, but man they take a lot of time to finish.[/QUOTE]

Did you burn through the mainquest already? Or should you go into the DLC as soon as possible. I just hit lvl 5 and joined my first faction, so I'm going at this fairly slow.

[quote name='Jayrcee']Looks like most of the stores around me have restocked with approximately 2 copies of KoA at each store.[/QUOTE]

Still showing up as empty for me. But I went into the store in Henderson, NV today and they still had six on the floor if anybody here is looking for one.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Last week KoA was out of stock everywhere on Long Island except Riverhead (where I picked up one of the last two copies).

Today I was in Commack, NY and they had one Xbox 360 copy that wasn't there last week. In case anyone is looking.[/QUOTE]

I saw a few copies in Westbury, NY on Sunday when grabbing some sale games.

There was 3 or 4 KoAs at the BBY near work when I went to pick up my gaming blowout 2.0 picks. Hoping there will be at least one there by the end of the week when I get my $10 coupon for doing the in store pickup for $50+. I didn't see any copies of the magazine around. Do they keep them behind the counter now? I suppose they got wise to the people just snagging coupons out of them.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There was 3 or 4 KoAs at the BBY near work when I went to pick up my gaming blowout 2.0 picks. Hoping there will be at least one there by the end of the week when I get my $10 coupon for doing the in store pickup for $50+. I didn't see any copies of the magazine around. Do they keep them behind the counter now? I suppose they got wise to the people just snagging coupons out of them.[/QUOTE]
If by 'got wise' you mean protected themselves from people STEALING the coupons out of the magazines because they're too motherfuckin' cheap to pay $5 for a single mag or $15 for the subscription/GCU, then I'm glad they have.

The longer they can hopefully sustain the GCU program with actual sales of magazines or the GCU to people, the longer these deals can keep happening imo.

Picked up a subscription to GCU and got me KoA for $10! The subscription and KoA covered by trade-ins so very nice! Best Buy is killing it in the trade-in value department.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If by 'got wise' you mean protected themselves from people STEALING the coupons out of the magazines because they're too motherfuckin' cheap to pay $5 for a single mag or $15 for the subscription/GCU, then I'm glad they have.

The longer they can hopefully sustain the GCU program with actual sales of magazines or the GCU to people, the longer these deals can keep happening imo.[/QUOTE]

I subbed the second month of the program and I was really annoyed the couple of times I actually went to use my coupons I was asked by the checker if I had a subscription and when I said I did they still gave me attitude like I was lying about it. I even went so far as to bring the whole magazine from home so they wouldn't give me grief. I didn't renew and have kind of ignored the program since, but I really would like to get KoA. I feel like I might as well reup but I only got 8/12 magazines I should have gotten so I feel like I'm going to get shorted again if I do.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I subbed the second month of the program and I was really annoyed the couple of times I actually went to use my coupons I was asked by the checker if I had a subscription and when I said I did they still gave me attitude like I was lying about it. I even went so far as to bring the whole magazine from home so they wouldn't give me grief. I didn't renew and have kind of ignored the program since, but I really would like to get KoA. I feel like I might as well reup but I only got 8/12 magazines I should have gotten so I feel like I'm going to get shorted again if I do.[/QUOTE]
Actually the subscription is only 10 issues and not 12, since they double up on at least two issues where the coupons inside are good for two months like the current issue.

As for being shorted, I had to bring in my paperwork from when I signed up for 2-3 months as I wasn't even in their system for a while. It took me posting on the BB forums(forums.bestbuy.com) with my issue and one of the mods there to resolve those issues. Since then aside from that E3 issue delaying everyones' copies of this current issue somewhat I haven't had a hiccup since.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I subbed the second month of the program and I was really annoyed the couple of times I actually went to use my coupons I was asked by the checker if I had a subscription and when I said I did they still gave me attitude like I was lying about it. I even went so far as to bring the whole magazine from home so they wouldn't give me grief. I didn't renew and have kind of ignored the program since, but I really would like to get KoA. I feel like I might as well reup but I only got 8/12 magazines I should have gotten so I feel like I'm going to get shorted again if I do.[/QUOTE]
Come on, don't let some stupid employees ruin such a great deal. The Best Buy Rewards Program and their Unlocked have the best deals I've ever seen. Definitely reup, and just ignore all the stupid employees.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually the subscription is only 10 issues and not 12, since they double up on at least two issues where the coupons inside are good for two months like the current issue.

As for being shorted, I had to bring in my paperwork from when I signed up for 2-3 months as I wasn't even in their system for a while. It took me posting on the BB forums(forums.bestbuy.com) with my issue and one of the mods there to resolve those issues. Since then aside from that E3 issue delaying everyones' copies of this current issue somewhat I haven't had a hiccup since.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't be bothered for just a couple issues, but I am glad to know I wasn't the only one. I would hope by now they have improved their system. I paid $20 for a sub then and it's only $15 now? Definitely more tempting to reup, just wish the actual magazine was better quality. Just seemed so amateurish to me. But then, I'd imagine most people don't bother to read it so it probably doesn't matter to most. I feel like I could write for them if I wanted to and I'm not a good writer.

So to get the magazine deals, we just have to buy the magazine and we can use the coupon code (If we use the Free Reward Zone Membership). Considered getting Kingdoms of Alamar.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So to get the magazine deals, we just have to buy the magazine and we can use the coupon code (If we use the Free Reward Zone Membership). Considered getting Kingdoms of Alamar.[/QUOTE]

First, its Amalur.

Second, your options are either: Spend $5 for a copy of this month's magazine and use the coupon in it for Amalur, or sign up for Unlocked. They should give you a copy of the current magazine in-store and then 4-6 weeks from now you'll receive a welcome packet of coupons (B2G1 up to $39.99 is the highlight I believe), and you get 10 issues overall.

I'm up for renewal and need to decide if it is worth it. I haven't traded or bought any used games since last December so that part of the benefit is worthless to me. It would just be for the coupons. And yeah, sure, I could say I definitely got $15 out of just that, but I have this nagging feeling we'll get much worse coupons in the upcoming year.

[quote name='io']I'm up for renewal and need to decide if it is worth it. I haven't traded or bought any used games since last December so that part of the benefit is worthless to me. It would just be for the coupons. And yeah, sure, I could say I definitely got $15 out of just that, but I have this nagging feeling we'll get much worse coupons in the upcoming year.[/QUOTE]
I'm about in the same situation as you, but since they're offering $5 (250 RZ points) to renew and I have a $10 p/u code I'll just go ahead and do it.

[quote name='io']I'm up for renewal and need to decide if it is worth it. I haven't traded or bought any used games since last December so that part of the benefit is worthless to me. It would just be for the coupons. And yeah, sure, I could say I definitely got $15 out of just that, but I have this nagging feeling we'll get much worse coupons in the upcoming year.[/QUOTE]

For me it was a no-brainer if only because the pre-order-and-get-$20-in-rz-points deal is for gcu members only and I gots to have me some day 1 ACIII and RE6 at bby for price matching goodness. Wish I would've waited a bit longer for the $5 bonus though.

I was hesitant at first, but looking @ myrz.com I have spent $1,735 of which I didn't intend to at first but thanks to the GCU sales and coupons they have been doing i've made profit off of this and been able to help friends out to get stuff for them when they can't. I have to say, it might not be worth it to buy used games from BB but everything else is good so that itself outweighs anything else. I've done more business there than @ gamestop or elsewhere lately.

[quote name='io']And yeah, sure, I could say I definitely got $15 out of just that, but I have this nagging feeling we'll get much worse coupons in the upcoming year.[/QUOTE]
Far fewer quality games are releasing as well as we ramp up for the next generation of consoles, so you're not far off the mark.

[quote name='Jodou']Far fewer quality games are releasing as well as we ramp up for the next generation of consoles, so you're not far off the mark.[/QUOTE]But it could well be the opposite - I suspect they're going to want to clear out as much stock as possible for more shelf space, so we might see some good coupons/blowouts next year leading up to the new system releases and after. I'm betting there'll be some really nice Wii deals this holiday season when the U comes out, even with the backwards compatibility.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm about in the same situation as you, but since they're offering $5 (250 RZ points) to renew and I have a $10 p/u code I'll just go ahead and do it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for having to ask, but where is this renewal offer shown?

I do 80% of my game trading at BB now as they have the best deals and the 10% extra may not sound like much but it all adds up. Its definetly worth it for me.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm about in the same situation as you, but since they're offering $5 (250 RZ points) to renew and I have a $10 p/u code I'll just go ahead and do it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kyden139']Sorry for having to ask, but where is this renewal offer shown?[/QUOTE]

+1 Does this show in your RZ account?

I had no idea there was such an offer. They keep asking me in store to renew (because a popup comes up on their screen) but they have never mentioned this and I haven't seen any email about it or anything. If I can get that, I will probably renew.

[quote name='Havok83']I do 80% of my game trading at BB now as they have the best deals and the 10% extra may not sound like much but it all adds up. Its definetly worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, they decided for some random reason that I couldn't trade any more way back in January so Best Buy is not a trading option for me. For sure I got my $15 back before that, but going forward it would just be for the coupons and whatever small value the magazine itself has (it's good for a quick read through so maybe $5 of the $15 is worth it for just the mag itself). And this, in turn, makes their preorder deal pretty worthless - if I can't use credit to buy games I still don't want to spend $40 on them (and that's f you count the $20 RZ cert you get as a discount off the game which it really isn't).

And FWIW, I've seen Amalur (both PS3 and 360 versions) at two different Best Buys recently. They were OOS for weeks before that.

People that are being asked to renew...When does your sub expire? Mine does on 9/23 and I have not been asked or sent anything about renewal yet.

[quote name='sninh']Have you tried trading in recently io? Some people have reported being unbanned[/QUOTE]

Not since around March. I hate having to go through the entire procedure including Drivers License, etc, only to have it rejected at the very, very end - and the text that pops up is embarassing (something about Loss Prevention). So I haven't wanted to try since then ;).

[quote name='cancerman1120']People that are being asked to renew...When does your sub expire? Mine does on 9/23 and I have not been asked or sent anything about renewal yet.[/QUOTE]

9/11 for me - so maybe it is a one-month advance thing. I think the clerks just started pestering me about it this weekend so that fits. There is a big popup on their screen about it when you check out.

Still, like others, I want to know where this $5 RZ offer is located.

If you look at it strictly from RZ point incentives, since the GCU adds an extra point for every dollar spent on games, you would earn back the $15 in RZ certs if you were to spend $750 on games at Best Buy anyways. Throw in all the other incentives with the RZ points incentive being the smallest one, that would make renewing it worthwhile.

I finally got my welcome kit today. It took 2 full months after I signed up. Sucks that the coupons expire 11/3/2012. Would've like to used them at BF :D

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Did you burn through the mainquest already? Or should you go into the DLC as soon as possible. I just hit lvl 5 and joined my first faction, so I'm going at this fairly slow.[/QUOTE]

I played through about 50% of the main quest, did a lot of side/faction quests, and when I reached lvl 22 went to Dead Kel (must be at least lvl 10). I'm gonna finish the main quest before going to Teeth of Naros.

Since some people are seeing some KoA copies coming back in stock, any NYC Cags have such experiences? I am still looking for a Xbox 360 copy.

I picked up a copy of :ps3:Borderlands GOTY Edition today and used the $5 off pre-owned coupon. Unfortunately it was one of the earlier copies with the DLC voucher instead of the content on the disc, since it says that the extra content will take 4.4gb's of HDD space.

I wonder if it's my copy I had from Target that I tried out, my one buddy finished and I traded in as a vanilla Borderlands a while ago.:lol: I still have the voucher from that one, so I should just use it if I get into the game. But chances are I won't play beyond the main storyline assuming I even do play it.

Does anybody have an extra cop of KoA they want to trade or sell to me. I'd really appreciate it if we could try to work something out. Pm me if interested

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up a copy of :ps3:Borderlands GOTY Edition today and used the $5 off pre-owned coupon. Unfortunately it was one of the earlier copies with the DLC voucher instead of the content on the disc, since it says that the extra content will take 4.4gb's of HDD space.

I wonder if it's my copy I had from Target that I tried out, my one buddy finished and I traded in as a vanilla Borderlands a while ago.:lol: I still have the voucher from that one, so I should just use it if I get into the game. But chances are I won't play beyond the main storyline assuming I even do play it.[/QUOTE]

You can easily burn through the Borderlands campaign within a few days or so. The DLC is where it's at. I had more fun playing the DLC than the main story. That's the main reason I'm going to wait for the GOTY version of Borderlands 2 to come out. They know how to release DLC. I paid $20 for the GOTY edition with the content on disc when Amazon had it on sale for the PS3/X360. I played it on and off for four to five months, but I had a blast playing through it.

[quote name='shurija']Since some people are seeing some KoA copies coming back in stock, any NYC Cags have such experiences? I am still looking for a Xbox 360 copy.[/QUOTE]

I've been to 2 best buy stores nearby (well they are 20 minutes away) and have found a couple of KoA games for xbox 360 on the shelf. Guess no one in my area is buying much of them, but if someone is willing to cover costs and such then I could get them..

bread's done
Back