BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emg28']Yeah, thanks. I really don't keep up on CAG any more except for a few threads here and there. If I hadn't read about it in here I wouldn't have remembered. I also hadn't realized that it's been over 5 months since I signed up for GCU.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I imagine you probably did get it and either you or someone in your household threw it away or something without knowing

I actually found a copy of KoA for 360 today so I signed up for the GCU. Was going to wait til next month but I wanted KoA since I let my friend borrow my ps3 copy and I haven't seen it in 4 months lol.

I've still got my SFvT and Tiger Woods coupons sitting in my glove box in my car and the expiration date's fast approaching... c'mon Best Buy!

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I've still got my SFvT and Tiger Woods coupons sitting in my glove box in my car and the expiration date's fast approaching... c'mon Best Buy![/QUOTE]

They'll probably put the games on sale the week after the coupons expire.

[quote name='Francision']Question, is it possible to use the $5 off coupon on used games on a store pick up game? I wanna ship Tomb Raider Trilogy to my local best buy and use the $5 off coupon but not sure if that procedure works?[/QUOTE]

You would have to return-rebuy. You can't apply it on an online purchase.

Alright, a little off topic, but I believe this was the thread where people were curious about that TV calabration from Geek Squad:
The guy just left my house, he was here about 30 min....and didn't even try to sell me anything! He just placed a sensor right on the middle of the screen, hooked it to a laptop and went to work on these 'Expert' settings I didn't even know the TV had.
When he was done, my son and I really couldn't tell the difference, except that it wasn't as bright as it had been. I like my set BRIGHT, since I have it in a bright room. It'll take me a while to get used to it....like when you first turn the brightness down on your phone.
....that is if I even decide to keep it this way.
I think it was pretty much a waste of everyones time. I wouldn't recommend wasting an afternoon hanging around the house waiting for this. The picture looked great to my untrained eye before he came, and it looks great now....just a little darker.

I was thinking of having that done to my TV.

[quote name='ooga']They'll probably put the games on sale the week after the coupons expire.[/QUOTE]

I know right.....my bestbuy put out 6 more Zelda Skyward Sword one day after that $35 off promo ended. Otherwise it had been out for almost a couple weeks.

I did find a couple Mass Effects in rthe 19.99 value bin that I was able to price match to 7.99 on Bestbuy.com today.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Used my $5 off on the last local used copy of "Just Cause 2." Tracked it to a city 25 miles away from mine. Worth it[/QUOTE]
That kinda depends. If it was the PS3 version, you could've bought it brand new at Kmart for $19.99, which would've been the price after the $5 off coupon.

The problem I have with Street Fighter x Tekken (which I'm sure is the same problem everyone has that is waiting for it to go on sale) is that I know I'll want to pick up the extra fighters. Even though it pains me to pay that much for an unlock key, I'm going to want to play as Sakura, Dudley, or Jack-X. Honestly, I'll probably also want to pick up the alternate costumes, because that kind of stuff usually amuses me as well.

In other words, even a $10 copy of the game will end up costing me $48 :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That kinda depends. If it was the PS3 version, you could've bought it brand new at Kmart for $19.99, which would've been the price after the $5 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

It couldn't have been the PS3 version, as it falls outside of the $9.99 - $19.99 coupon price range. And just an FYI, Amazon also has the PS3 version of Just Cause 2 (New) for $19.99 as its regular price so that kinda deal would still be available for anyone who wanted it...

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']What number is the customers service for the gaming reward service. I still haven't gotten the magazine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']I signed up I think june to get resistance 3 for $10. I haven't received my magazine yet. Do they send like confirmation that your magazine has been shipped in your BB account or something? Also when do the coupons expire.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you expect a magazine to have come. Depending on when in June you signed up, you might have gotten the July/August double issue. Obviously you didn't (it would have come at the same time as everyone else's) so your first issue would then be September. They don't send issues mid period.

You can try checking your account status here. Click on the forgot your password option and use the same email that's on your reward zone. If you want, that site also has the email and phone # for the @ gamer people. They're the ones to call, not Best Buy.

I thought I read somewhere that best buy was price matching amazon.....at the time and still it sounds too good to be true. IF that is true, amazon has sfvt for $20, which would make them game free after the coupon. Any truth to this?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I thought I read somewhere that best buy was price matching amazon.....at the time and still it sounds too good to be true. IF that is true, amazon has sfvt for $20, which would make them game free after the coupon. Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

It is only specific Best Buys that actually have the policy to price match Amazon. Most still won't PM online pages so YMMV.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I thought I read somewhere that best buy was price matching amazon.....at the time and still it sounds too good to be true. IF that is true, amazon has sfvt for $20, which would make them game free after the coupon. Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Some stores do, YMMV.

I believe it is only in states where Amazon collects sales tax. They then qualify as a "local competitor".

Finally found a use for my $5 coupon. Picked up a copy of God of War:Origins for $11.50 after GCU and coupon. Now I wish I had more for God of War III and Uncharted 3.

You either take the coupon or price match...no double dipping. You arent going to get the game free by showing them Amazon's price

[quote name='Havok83']You either take the coupon or price match...no double dipping. You arent going to get the game free by showing them Amazon's price[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, but this is CAG. Doesn't hurt to give it a thought, right? :)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The problem I have with Street Fighter x Tekken (which I'm sure is the same problem everyone has that is waiting for it to go on sale) is that I know I'll want to pick up the extra fighters. Even though it pains me to pay that much for an unlock key, I'm going to want to play as Sakura, Dudley, or Jack-X. Honestly, I'll probably also want to pick up the alternate costumes, because that kind of stuff usually amuses me as well.

In other words, even a $10 copy of the game will end up costing me $48 :cry:[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting the Vita version for all the DLC when it drops to around $20.

[quote name='strait edge follower']If anyone has their 5$ off used game coupon and doesn't plan to use it pm me so we can work something out :)[/QUOTE]

used mine today and my 5 bucks in certs to get uncharted 3 for $6 out the door

Got an email today if I renewed my Unlocked membership before 9/11 its expiration date I would get a $5 cert, did some flips and paid roughly $6 for it and will get the cert, membership has been such an amazing value.

Did the used Uncharted 3 come with the online code?

[quote name='darkvulture']used mine today and my 5 bucks in certs to get uncharted 3 for $6 out the door[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Did the used Uncharted 3 come with the online code?[/QUOTE]

yeah but it didn't work . but still it was good deal

So i knows its a couple of weeks away, but when will we get the coupon lost for September?

I had no uses for July/August coupons and it seems like its been 6 months.

[quote name='Investor']Did the used Uncharted 3 come with the online code?[/QUOTE]
I never go into a store to buy a pre-owned title expecting to get an online code if the game has one for new copies. To actually expect one with a used copy(unless it's one of the few that GS gives them out for like Arkham City for the Catwoman content) is a bit asinine and entitled.

I used my $5 coupon today to get Uncharted 2 for $12, then traded in my GOTY edition for $16.80. I hate the GOTY cover, so it was worth it for me, and I basically turned my $5 coupon into $4.80 in credit.

I have no clue why they give more for the GOTY copy, I obviously didn't give them the DLC code.

[quote name='johnston306']Can KoA still be found, and if so where on the website should I be looking to find a store with a copy?[/QUOTE]

Yes copies can still be found. I just walked into one of my local stores in houston and found a copy for Ps3, and 360. The only way to confirm the store has a copy before you go there is to call up and ask them to check the floor.

The game is all screwed up sku wise, and name wise for best buy for some reason which makes it really annoying to track down.

There is one PS3 KoA at the Union Square store in NYC.

It is on the bottom shelf of the ps3 section where it should be alphabetically.

I was in the Mesquite Town East store and I was able to find a copy of KOA for 360 and there was still one copy left I thought I was going to miss out on this deal because this is the 5 or 6 store I have been to in the past month.

^^ Do you happen to have a link for the PS3 version? The guys at the stores here in Brooklyn are less than worthless. Also, what's a OMS?

[quote name='JohnnyS5']^^ Do you happen to have a link for the PS3 version? The guys at the stores here in Brooklyn are less than worthless. Also, what's a OMS?[/QUOTE]

Essentially it's an order to ship directly from a warehouse/location with stock on hand to your house.

[quote name='JohnnyS5']^^ Do you happen to have a link for the PS3 version? The guys at the stores here in Brooklyn are less than worthless. Also, what's a OMS?[/QUOTE]

Here's the link for PS3:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...geMode=searchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

An OMS is when your store doesn't have a copy in their inventory (and N/A at their warehouse), however another (local store) does have it. What they'll do is transfer the game from the other store's inventory to theirs (I was told by a BB rep that someone physically goes to the other store), and it's usually available for pick-up at your store w/in 3-5 days.

If they have it at their warehouse, then they'll do a 'ship to store' and it'll be ready for pick-up w/in 3-5 days.

In either case, you have to pay for the game and use the coupon up front. When the deal's done you'll get a confirmation sheet right then and there, and later an email.

Just in case anybody's still interested in Tiger Woods 13, its on sale for $41.99 at Target this week which could make it $16.xx after coupon if you can get a PM. YMMV of course

[quote name='GamerDude316']Just in case anybody's still interested in Tiger Woods 13, its on sale for $41.99 at Target this week which could make it $16.xx after coupon if you can get a PM. YMMV of course[/QUOTE]

They won't let you PM and use the coupon on the same item.

[quote name='Flacksguy']They won't let you PM and use the coupon on the same item.[/QUOTE]

Correct. This needs to be added in the OP though, people ask or state this same thing in every page of this thread.

Can anyone pick up a copy of KOA: Reckoning for me, I'll pay for the shipping (the game too obviously) and give you a game on steam. (It has to be a new copy ) This is a good deal for anyone who want to be nice :D.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']There is one PS3 KoA at the Union Square store in NYC.

It is on the bottom shelf of the ps3 section where it should be alphabetically.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to pick it up for me? I'll pay for everything and give you a game.

Has anyone done the "renew your GC Unlocked membership, get 250 RZ points" deal? Was the "Renew Your Membership" link in the email supposed to take you to a page to renew? I get redirected to BB.com. If you have done this, how long did it take to get your RZ points?

Picked up God of War Origins with the $5 off coupon. Was hoping to find the Jak and Dexter Collection, but couldn't find it.

[quote name='Gosha']Picked up God of War Origins with the $5 off coupon. Was hoping to find the Jak and Dexter Collection, but couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

Would you or anyone other CAG know, if I haven't played any of the GOW games, would you recommend this game or getting the GOW 1 & 2 collection

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Would you or anyone other CAG know, if I haven't played any of the GOW games, would you recommend this game or getting the GOW 1 & 2 collection[/QUOTE]
Both are worth it, but the GoW 1 and 2 collection is better.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Both are worth it, but the GoW 1 and 2 collection is better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks gohastings had GOW collection and GOW 3 for $20 bucks total so I wasn't sure if I should bite

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Thanks gohastings had GOW collection and GOW 3 for $20 bucks total so I wasn't sure if I should bite[/QUOTE]
The way the games work goes like this

God of War: Chains of Olympus (GoW Origins Collection)
God of War 1 (GoW HD Collection)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (GoW Origins Collection)
God of War 2 (GoW HD Collection)

God of War 3

Thats the chronological order of the games. I wouldnt even bother getting any of those collections though. Sony is releasing GoW Saga Collection which comes with all 5 games later this month. MSRP is $40 which is pretty damn good. Im sure you can find it for even less this fall. Since you havent played any of them yet, you probably can wait for it

Sony-announces-God-of-War-Saga-and-Infamous-Collection-1089430.jpg

bread's done
Back