BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ThunderChunky62']I would post a picture of coupons but correct me if I'm wrong but it is not allowed?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pic and an early update. Much appreciated. Enuf, time for September thread. :D

[quote name='PublikDefender']Can i use the $30 prototype 2 coupon on the collector's edition which just dropped to $56?[/QUOTE]

More than likely no, mainly because the Collectors Editions of games have different sku's than their vanilla counterparts. But, if you have a nice employee...:D

[quote name='PublikDefender']Can i use the $30 prototype 2 coupon on the collector's edition which just dropped to $56?[/QUOTE]

That has yet to be seen, but like the guy above said, most likely not.

I think someone had said the coupon worked for the Soul Calibur V CE, unless I'm mistaken, but I think that was the only one. It's possible to get an override, but that is YMMV. I know I will be trying. Problem is I don't get my magazine early.. usually it comes in about a week into the month.. so that would give them time to work out the kinks if the coupon does work and isn't suppose to.

It's really too bad that BB seems to have nerfed the use of the $X off a pre-owned game of $Y price when there's a weekly sale on the same games. I knowbecause I tried using the $5 off a $10-20 game coupon in this months' mag on a pre-owned copy of L.A. Noire that was $9.99 on sale a few weeks ago and it either gave me the coupon discount off the normal price or the weekly sale price but didn't let it combine both.:roll:

It was nice grabbing Dead Island a while ago when it dropped to $24.99 during a weekly sale for the low price of around $12 something after using the $10 off $29.99 coupon in conjunction with the sale price. Of course, that was doubly nice because the system was taking the GCU 10% discount off TWICE on each copy, once at the normal price and once at the discounted price on top of taking off the $10 from the reduced price during the sale.:D

Not too impressive next month. :/ meh

My buy-it prices after coupon are...
$5 for Lollipop
$10 for Prototype
$5 for BF
If they don't get to that price than I won't bother.

Also where is the Tiger Woods sale???
I hope they do an unadvertised sale this Sunday. Best Buy has pulled unadvertised deals for coupon games in the past...

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Battlefield 3 coupon listed only for ps3?

Must be because of EA and their relationship with Sony.[/QUOTE]
What? How?

Well I would have paid $10 for BF3 but only on 360 so no go there. Might bite on $20 ME3 but prefer $10 since I have already beaten it and traded it. $15 or less on Lollipop Chainsaw. At first I thought it was a good month but the more I look at it I am not as happy. Still getting one $10 game a month from these mags more than justifies the $15 sub.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Hoping for a miracle in which I can stack the coupon with an unannounced sale and score Lollipop Chainsaw for $10 or maybe $15, doubting it though. Big fat "meh" for the rest.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Though I said the same thing for SFxT, and that never went on sale during the coupon period... BB must be cutting back on the double-dipping. :/

[quote name='apterous']Ditto. Though I said the same thing for SFxT, and that never went on sale during the coupon period... BB must be cutting back on the double-dipping. :/[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think so too, they didn't do a single sale on any of the @gamer coupon games last month.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Hoping for a miracle in which I can stack the coupon with an unannounced sale and score Lollipop Chainsaw for $10 or maybe $15, doubting it though. Big fat "meh" for the rest.[/QUOTE]

^This.

Thanks for the heads up on the new coupons, ThunderChunky62. Hoping for a sale on Lollipop and maybe Prototype 2 to use with these coupons.

[quote name='lochdoun']
I hope they do an unadvertised sale this Sunday. Best Buy has pulled unadvertised deals for coupon games in the past...[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for. I have my Tiger Woods 13 and SFxT coupons sitting in my glovebox waiting to be used still!

[quote name='lochdoun']Not too impressive next month. :/ meh

$5 for Lollipop
$10 for Prototype
$5 for BF

I hope they do an unadvertised sale this Sunday. Best Buy has pulled unadvertised deals for coupon games in the past...[/QUOTE]

You're crazy thinking that they would ever get that cheap.

$5 for Lollipop
$10 for Prototype
$5 for BF
[/QUOTE]

thanks for sharing.

Some good coupons in next mag. Hopefully I can get ME3 and Protoype for ten. Even if they don't go on sale I'll buy ME3 for 20.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I would have paid $10 for BF3 but only on 360 so no go there. Might bite on $20 ME3 but prefer $10 since I have already beaten it and traded it. $15 or less on Lollipop Chainsaw. At first I thought it was a good month but the more I look at it I am not as happy. Still getting one $10 game a month from these mags more than justifies the $15 sub.[/QUOTE]
Really? I've owned both the 360 and PS3 version of BF3 and the PS3 version was way better though they where the first two Battlefield games I've traded in ever. Would buy the PS3 version of BF3 again for under $15. Also passed up on MW3 for $20 a while ago, guess I'm a battlefield fan boy but dude PS3>360 for BF3

Edit: you said ME3 not MW3, my bad.

$5 for Lollipop
$10 for Prototype
$5 for BF

[/QUOTE]

UW5Z5.gif

[quote name='Stimes']Really? I've owned both the 360 and PS3 version of BF3 and the PS3 version was way better though they where the first two Battlefield games I've traded in ever. Would buy the PS3 version of BF3 again for under $15. Also passed up on MW3 for $20 a while ago, guess I'm a battlefield fan boy but dude PS3>360 for BF3[/QUOTE]

I am not anti-PS3 but I have a real problem playing FPS on the PS3 (not the systems fault). I tried one of the power A controllers with the 360 layout but the sticks are too loose for my taste. Maybe I cave and buy it for $10 but I won't be there Sunday morning to do it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not anti-PS3 but I have a real problem playing FPS on the PS3 (not the systems fault). I tried one of the power A controllers with the 360 layout but the sticks are too loose for my taste. Maybe I cave and buy it for $10 but I won't be there Sunday morning to do it.[/QUOTE]

I recently bought the triggers and thumb grips for $6 @BB they help, for BFBC2 I was the same way for the controls. The graphics are better on PS3 version of BF3 though and not as many little kids playing as 360. There was at least one map that had an extra flag on the 360 version though.

[quote name='Stimes']I recently bought the triggers and thumb grips for $6 @BB they help, for BFBC2 I was the same way for the controls. The graphics are better on PS3 version of BF3 though and not as many little kids playing as 360. There was at least one map that had an extra flag on the 360 version though.[/QUOTE]

I just bought the triggers actually. I am going to see how well they work for Killzone 3 and then decide on BF3.

why is bf 3 ps3 only, thats just stupid, hopefully they never do that again, hopefully not to many people use it so best buy doesn't get any ideas to make coupons console specific, just so dumb

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Battlefield 3 coupon listed only for ps3?

Must be because of EA and their relationship with Sony.[/QUOTE]

no no no. You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to talk about how much Best Buy sucks for only having it on PS3. And yell at a cloud or something.

You're not supposed to introduce stuff like a business reason. Shame on you.

Those trigger things for the PS3 controllers are quite possibly the best accessory you could buy for the system imo. I used to always have my fingers slipping off the L2/R2 when I didn't have them on there. Now I pull off precision shit like nobodies' business.;)

[quote name='kleant24']You're crazy thinking that they would ever get that cheap.[/QUOTE]
How so?
Would I have been crazy for ever suggesting that Rage, Mass Effect 2 and Bulletstorm would be as cheap as $5?

My expectations for
$5 Lollipop
$10 Prototype
$5 BF
are very realistic given the history.

I suggest you do your research before posting.

[quote name='confoosious']no no no. You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to talk about how much Best Buy sucks for only having it on PS3. And yell at a cloud or something.

You're not supposed to introduce stuff like a business reason. Shame on you.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually pretty curious and wanting to learn how the EA/Sony relationship could affect the sales of the :ps3: version...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Those trigger things for the PS3 controllers are quite possibly the best accessory you could buy for the system imo. I used to always have my fingers slipping off the L2/R2 when I didn't have them on there. Now I pull off precision shit like nobodies' business.;)[/QUOTE]
I have those as well and I love them so damn much. Even those analog stick caps are nice since they don't have dust stick to them like gum like the original stick caps do.

Prototype 2 is a really fun game. Graphically it is so much better than the first and the combat is better but there is just not as much content as the 1st game. I liked it a lot but I got my fill of the game after 2 nights of rental. That was beating the game through twice also.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Prototype 2 is a really fun game. Graphically it is so much better than the first and the combat is better but there is just not as much content as the 1st game. I liked it a lot but I got my fill of the game after 2 nights of rental. That was beating the game through twice also.[/QUOTE]
They still have real world ads in it? I know in the first one I think they had ones for Gamestop or Gamecrazy in them.

meh... I already have ME3 and none of those other games really interest me. Maybe Prototype 2 if it is really cheap. But I'm probably not going to use any of the coupons next month (which would be the first time out of four magazines)

How? I would love to get them at those prices, too. But going by the prices on their website right now, all of these games in the September coupon magazine will be around $20 after coupons.

BF3 for the PS3 is one of my favorite, and most additive game, to date. I've been playing it for over 8 months now. Just picked up Modern Warfare 3 two weeks ago with the $40 off GCU, and I've only played that for a few hours, and then straight back to BF3. For anything less than $20 on BF3 is a steal. And definitely get the Premium, which has 5 huge DLCs and are like 5 new games in one.

[quote name='lochdoun']How so?
Would I have been crazy for ever suggesting that Rage, Mass Effect 2 and Bulletstorm would be as cheap as $5?

My expectations for
$5 Lollipop
$10 Prototype
$5 BF
are very realistic given the history.

I suggest you do your research before posting.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They still have real world ads in it? I know in the first one I think they had ones for Gamestop or Gamecrazy in them.[/QUOTE]

I think those were out. I do not remember anything sticking out in my head like the Gamestop one from the 1st game.

Like most here, I'm in for Prototype 2 and/or ME3 if they go for $10-$15 after coupon. Otherwise, just more money in the pot for Black Friday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They still have real world ads in it? I know in the first one I think they had ones for Gamestop or Gamecrazy in them.[/QUOTE]
If they did I don't remember. But I don't think that'd bother me anyway. Call it added realism. It's not like it's pausing my game to watch a commercial.

I would totally re-buy ME3 if it drops to the $5-10 and Lollipop if it hits

[quote name='Woocls']If they did I don't remember. But I don't think that'd bother me anyway. Call it added realism. It's not like it's pausing my game to watch a commercial.[/QUOTE]
True. But I buy games to get away from reality for a bit, not be bombarded by ads for stores. Maybe it's just me though.

[quote name='Esphyrian']Like most here, I'm in for Prototype 2 and/or ME3 if they go for $10-$15 after coupon. Otherwise, just more money in the pot for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]
Who cares about black friday?
Best Buy has given us "black friday" all year long!
In fact most of these Best Buy deals have been better than anything offered on black friday last year.

SD also has next month's coupon deals posted up. Not only did they not give credit to thunderchunky62, they even stole his picture.

If you want any of the games, start pre-buying don't wait like the blowout sale.

[quote name='htz']SD also has next month's coupon deals posted up. Not only did they not give credit to thunderchunky62, they even stole his picture.

If you want any of the games, start pre-buying don't wait like the blowout sale.[/QUOTE]

I like how they named the file 'mag scan', but it's clearly a cell phone pic of the mag :)

[quote name='htz']SD also has next month's coupon deals posted up. Not only did they not give credit to thunderchunky62, they even stole his picture.

If you want any of the games, start pre-buying don't wait like the blowout sale.[/QUOTE]
Those SD bastards will clear out everything with their copied coupons, scanned coupons and whatnot. Maybe I should get BF3 today.

That sucks to hear. That'd really irk me. Anyways, when would the new mag come if they coupons start the 2nd?

[quote name='Geco17']That sucks to hear. That'd really irk me. Anyways, when would the new mag come if they coupons start the 2nd?[/QUOTE]

lol DJ3xclusive who stole the deal post is a frickin' mod. So he lurks here and takes shit without giving credit. He goes through all the work linking stuff for the members yet doesn't bother mentioning CAG. What a total d bag.

Geco17 - your mag should come in the mail within the next week.

I finished it up last week and do not remember seeing in real world ads in it. Might have glossed over them, though.

When should I expect to get next month's (the currently discussed coupons) mag? I figured they arrive like most magazines due, but since the coupons have date ranges, I'm just making sure. I signed up for the first time back around July 4th so I didn't get the July/August issue.

Stop hating on real world ads. Some games would not see the light of day without them. Also, I think it ads realism to the environment.

It's not like you see a billboard ad for Pennzoil pop up in the middle of Dragon Age.

bread's done
Back