BB GGC policy on PC games

XClaude

CAGiversary!
Hi, I dunno if this question belong here, but no where else seem more fit.

I just want to know how Best Buys are responding to you guys when using the $5 coupon from the GGC on a PC video game title. Last time I was there, the cashier told me that the PC games are considered "Software" and not in the same category as the "Games" category specified by the coupon.

I told him to scan it, but it seems the system rejected the coupon (did not knock off $5 from a $49.99 Guild Wars purchase).

I'm just wondering... how, if u guys had managed, to have them apply the coupon onto PC game titles. After all, the titles ARE games.

thanks.

[quote name='XClaude']Hi, I dunno if this question belong here, but no where else seem more fit.

I just want to know how Best Buys are responding to you guys when using the $5 coupon from the GGC on a PC video game title. Last time I was there, the cashier told me that the PC games are considered "Software" and not in the same category as the "Games" category specified by the coupon.

I told him to scan it, but it seems the system rejected the coupon (did not knock off $5 from a $49.99 Guild Wars purchase).

I'm just wondering... how, if u guys had managed, to have them apply the coupon onto PC game titles. After all, the titles ARE games.

thanks.[/QUOTE]

YMMV-ish. Some cashiers are cool, others enforce the software angle. The few times Ive used one it was a manual P. Adjust so the cashier was making the call.

ah, that is true.

I just returned from BB w/ a copy of WoW. I insisted that WoW is indeed a game and the coupon doesn't say softwares excluded. In fact, the coupon rings up as "$5 off VG Softwares" on the register screen, so the cashier called a supervisor over to do the price correction.

When it comes to PC games, I've never had an issue when using the GGC. ALways worked fine. Did it in February for KOTOR II for a friend and all worked out fine.

It's funny when some of the CRS get a quizical look on their face when the coupon doesn't work. But yea, it's YMMV. Go back the next day and find a CRS who will let you use the coupon if you really want to save that $5.

bread's done
Back