BB matches CC $10 GC deals YMMV

jacean

CAG Veteran
So YMMV but the local Ocoee/Winter Garden, FL (Orlando Area) Best Buys are matching the deals on all the new games Circuit City but instead of bothering to give the $10 gift card they just took $10 off the game price at time of purchase. So between that and a rewards coupon for 12% and a save $10 on games coupon when spending more than $75 and a $5 off pre-order coupon (collectors edition ) I got Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 CE. I ended up getting both after tax for about 95$ and considering the Fallout 3 CE was $79.99 starting I essentially got LBP for $15

10 gift card or 10 dollars off, doesn't matter to me. Heck when TFU came out I got them to PM TRU 20 gift card deal by dropping the price to 40. This game was worth the 40.

Anyways remember when BIOSHOCK PC went to like 20-25 bucks on BF, only 3 months AFTER it came out? I seriously doubt Fallout will hit that range for BF, but we can only hope.

[quote name='splintercell']There is a current BB save $10 off $75 coupon?[/quote]

Anyone? I could have sworn I saw one somewhere, but I can't find it now.

[quote name='Fugee']My experiences with BB price matching has been horrible. I don't even shop there anymore as a result. I would rather go to GameStop.[/quote]

You might be the sole member of that club.

Gave me a $10 gift card at my local Best Buy when purchasing Fallout 3 when I brought up the CC deal. Though Newegg has FO3 for $46.99 w/ free shipping.

Hey guys, I know someone posted Best Buy's official PM policy from their Web site, but they have pamphlets at the CS desk that say the same thing (they will PM gift card promotions by discounting the item). I went to pick up my LBP pre-order the other night with CC ad in hand and the rep said they don't PM GC promotions. I grabbed a pamphlet, pointed him to the part where it clearly states that they do, and he called a manager who confirmed that they do (although he just gave me a $10 GC rather than doing the discount). Do not be denied! It is in their official literature that they PM these deals. As someone said earlier, the more we push this now, the easier it'll get in the future.

[quote name='ev_rock']Hey guys, I know someone posted Best Buy's official PM policy from their Web site, but they have pamphlets at the CS desk that say the same thing (they will PM gift card promotions by discounting the item). I went to pick up my LBP pre-order the other night with CC ad in hand and the rep said they don't PM GC promotions. I grabbed a pamphlet, pointed him to the part where it clearly states that they do, and he called a manager who confirmed that they do (although he just gave me a $10 GC rather than doing the discount). Do not be denied! It is in their official literature that they PM these deals. As someone said earlier, the more we push this now, the easier it'll get in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I went on BestBuy.com and printed out their policy and took it to the local Best Buy (Houston Galleria store). Asked them to price match LittleBigPlanet and Dead Space for the PS3, which are on sale at Circuit City for $59.99+$10GC. At first the lady at customer service refused saying they do not match gift card offers, only advertised prices. So I showed them the BestBuy policy I had jut printed out. She turned to the store manager behind her, who asked what the Circuit City deal was, and just told her to knock off $10 from each game.

So be more insistent, and take the BestBuy policy printout with you.

If the Best Buy by you will not match this tell a manager or some other high up operations person that you will not shop at Best Buy for your gaming needs if you do not give them a reason to do so, and that you really would like to give Best Buy your money but in the end you have to do what is the smart thing to do. Tell them this being nice and for real, do not be an ass about it With the economy the way it is right now they SHOULD be going after market share as much as possible (thats why you have the gamer's club - all an effort to catch that market share). What my BBY will do is take $10 off the game and issue a $10 GC, there is no code they type in, they just do it. Not saying this will work all the time, just with the people who want to capture that market share (that is a HUGE company push right now).

[quote name='ev_rock']Hey guys, I know someone posted Best Buy's official PM policy from their Web site, but they have pamphlets at the CS desk that say the same thing (they will PM gift card promotions by discounting the item). I went to pick up my LBP pre-order the other night with CC ad in hand and the rep said they don't PM GC promotions. I grabbed a pamphlet, pointed him to the part where it clearly states that they do, and he called a manager who confirmed that they do (although he just gave me a $10 GC rather than doing the discount). Do not be denied! It is in their official literature that they PM these deals. As someone said earlier, the more we push this now, the easier it'll get in the future.[/quote]
Man I'm so glad you found this. Now it'll be harder for best buy to turn down those kinds of PM and with the new gamers club thing we get a $10 certificate for every $150 we spend on games and accessories. I'm going to shop at best buy a lot more now.

The Best Buy Price Guarantee Customer FAQs Scanned
s3eeyc.jpg

2a66wb5.jpg

2mds134.jpg

[quote name='prateeko']Guys, you know Circuit City is giving $15 GC with purchase, right?[/quote]

Where did you see the $15 offer? I only got a $10 GC.

Technically the blue pamphlet is going to shoot you down-- when talking about COMPETITOR gift card deals, it says "mail in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price", basically only INSTANT money back... gift cards are deferred savings.

The online policy has different language that is much more convincing.

Circuit City online (and thus Circuit City since they have the same deals as per all their frickin' commercials) shows $15 GC...

[quote name='prateeko']Circuit City online (and thus Circuit City since they have the same deals as per all their frickin' commercials) shows $15 GC...[/quote]

I only see the $10 GC being shown after looking for 'Dead Space' on CC.

Link

[quote name='dafko']I only see the $10 GC being shown after looking for 'Dead Space' on CC.

Link[/quote]
they're talking about LittleBigPlanet

[quote name='JDLion']they're talking about LittleBigPlanet[/quote]

Oh, I apologize and I'll shut up now :p.

I totally agree this is a HUGE ymmv. All of my best buys in the Los Angeles area .will not take any coupons whenever they price match.

bread's done
Back