BB Outlet - Mad Catz DDR Beat Pad Wii $4.99 360 $9.99 + more accessory deals

hopeunknown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Anyone use the MadCatz Racer Wheel + Pedal? Heard some good things about it, but also a lot of negative things. Would appreciate some opinions.

Anyone have any experiences with the multi-system component cables? Seems like it'd be a great solution but I'm curious if anyone has tried them and had any issues with reliability or picture quality.

debating on picking up that madcatz 360 ddr pad. looks like my store nearest to me actually has it in stock. too bad the reviews are sort of "meh" (though it's mad catz, i'm not surprised...), but i've had an urge to play ddr again. i sold my ps2 stuff a couple years ago. plus cheesemints...hmm...

Thanks, OP! Bought two of the 360 DDR pads to use in StepMania on my HTPC.

If they suck too much, I'll mod them into something more sturdy. Back in the day, I created custom pads for the PS2 using standard PS2 controllers and door screening...this will be much easier to start with. :lol:

Please PLEASE PLEASE do not even think for a moment MadCatz has ever made a decent DDR pad.

Gut them if you need to but don't actually play on one.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Please PLEASE PLEASE do not even think for a moment MadCatz has ever made a decent DDR pad.

Gut them if you need to but don't actually play on one.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I figured as much. At $10 each, hard to pass up.

There's nothing wrong with the MadCatz pads, as long as you do the right things with them. Use a 4' square of plywood or similar material as a backer. Add a layer of firm foam padding for comfort, then the pad. Cover with a layer of the thickest clear vinyl sheeting they have in the fabric section at Walmart, stapling the vinyl to the backing board (pull it rather tight). I did that with 2 MadCatz pads in the PS1 DDR days and they haven't had a problem after hundreds of hours of play - and that's with shoes on. Not as fancy as a hard pad, but you can't beat the price.

Attempting to use any soft pad without modification is futile.

There's nothing wrong with the MadCatz pads

No, shut up, I've played DDR for a few years and seen some BAD things. Gut it and forget it. MadCatz is the joke of rhythm gaming.

bread's done
Back