BB - preorder Vita First Edition Bundle get Uncharted for free

Wow that is insane, Canada gets the wifi bundle AND uncharted for free?

That is an insane deal, wish they offered the bundle in the US instead of the 3g..

Coupon says it's valid from Jan. 6 - 12.

So I joined on-line & have a membership ID number... could I just print a page with the ID number on it and bring that in-store with the coupon? Or would I have to wait for a plastic card to come in the mail?

Was gonna wait, but the savings & early access are too tempting....

[quote name='poxsc']Even with a free game, the system is still too expensive![/QUOTE]
I totally agree. I was shafted on the 3DS with that price drop so I'll be waiting a while to pick up a Vita. $300 is WAY too much damn money for a freaking handheld system.

Damn, too bad I traded all that crap to EB for my pre-order, I don't think they'd let me cancel.

:O My gosh!

I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order at EB. >.< Has anyone cancelled a pre-rder with EB before? Are they going to give me a gift card with my $50?

[quote name='Shinn23']I totally agree. I was shafted on the 3DS with that price drop so I'll be waiting a while to pick up a Vita. $300 is WAY too much damn money for a freaking handheld system.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda in the same boat, but the way I look at it now is you're getting the best designed, most advanced handheld gaming platform ever made, for the same price as 3ds almost a year ago, and I was satisfied by the 3ds, so I should be even more satisfied by a Vita purchase.

Also helps Vita has a good lineup out the door, and unlike 3ds is fully featured day one.

Edit: Vita is also cheaper than any tablet or smart phone, and none compare to Vita's design. Even when phones & tablets meet Vita's specs, they will never be a dedicated gaming platform with good controls.

I preordered at amazon. Will they match? And is this only Canada?

That is the best one I haveseen so far. I am tempted to cancell and go there.

[quote name='Mr.']Damn, too bad I traded all that crap to EB for my pre-order, I don't think they'd let me cancel.[/QUOTE]

Think of it this way, whatever you traded in to EB, Best Buy would have given you less for it. All the games you traded in got boosted to 25$ each. I'm still going to keep my pre-order with EB though, I don't really have the cash to do it with Best Buy.

Do you have to put cash down to pre-order it? I have 2 Reward Zone certificates that expire soon and wouldn't mind using them on the Vita if Possible.

[quote name='True Kronic']Edit: Vita is also cheaper than any tablet or smart phone, and none compare to Vita's design. Even when phones & tablets meet Vita's specs, they will never be a dedicated gaming platform with good controls.[/QUOTE]

Are Playbooks still selling for $199?

[quote name='Ecliastee']is this canada only?[/QUOTE]Yes, this offer is Canada only.

For reward members, Best Buy is holding a PSVita contest on the reward zone website. Enter for a chance to win a PSVita; good luck. Contest Details

Hmm. This is tempting, but im still on the fence on whether I want to be an early adopter (of course I wouldn't complain if I was to win a contest).

Just because the niche nature of it I can see it flooding store shelves and being bundled and put up for sales not too long after release. Might just wait for that opportunity.

Didn't see this anywhere, so I thought I'd post myself. Someone on the Amazon forums posted a coupon for a free copy of Uncharted Golden Abyss with a preorder of the Vita first edition bundle. First offer for the Vita i've seen so far, not counting the target $20 GC deal. Note that he says it's for Canada only, but the coupon doesn't mention it. YMMV?

J. Pardee says:
I found an online coupon that was with Best Buy's Reward Zone Gamers Club. Preorder the PlayStation Vita First Edition bundle from January 6-12 with the coupon and get Uncharted: Golden Abyss for free. Unfortunately the coupon is for Canada.

What is the Gamers Club? Is that the magazine you can get at Best Buy? I am thinking about looking at one and see if the US version has the same deal or maybe stores would match the deal with the US bundle.
https://www.bestbuyrewardzone.ca/pdf/GC_January_Coupon.pdf

[quote name='drakma676']how much do you have to put down to preorder the vita at best buy...at gamestop you have to put $50[/QUOTE]

I believe its $5

Not YMMV, DoA in America. I work at Best Buy and actually found this coupon late last night. Today at work just to see I checked the SKU mentioned on the coupon, and it is not in the system. Unless the US comes up with a similar coupon in our own system this isn't going to work.
Evenn the pre-order process described on the coupon is different than in the US, unfortunately.

after taxes, at a best buy where i live I'll save maybe $25. Meh, not that great a deal. Cancelled my preorder anyway until price drop at least. My backlog is just way to large to add another system and games.

Ya, the coupon is for a product that doesn't even exist in the US(the Canadian bundle is for the wifi version and the us bundle is 3G). This isn't even YMMV, it's nothing at all. You can only hope that US best buy does something similar of their own.

Damn, that would be epic if BB does it here.

I WAS gonna pre-order the First Edition at Gamestop, but i was thinking of going with Best Buy for the ability to PM and possible launch day deals.

if BB has that deal here in the US I will consider getting it, though annoying you have to buy that bundle with such a terrible looking game and the WiFi + 3G Vita. Might just wait and see if the Vita has the same price slash like the 3DS had shortly after its launch

If they did this, I would strongly consider getting a Vita even though I shouldn't be spending that much and my backlog is insane.

Preordered at a best buy in Calgary today. When the clerk typed in the sku i could see it had part of the word Uncharted in the title. Looking at the receipt though it just says PS vita. (does show the sku mentioned in the coupon) wonder how this is going to work come launch...

I have Golden Abyss and my opinion is that it's not good as the Naughty Dog versions of Uncharted and there's a more touching things than I would've like but over all, a great purchase, even at 49.99. Out of all the Vita games I have tried for launch, this is def. up there.

Recommended but don't expect quality like Uncharted Naughty Dog. Gameplay wise, it's closer to Drake's Fortune (part 1) with touch (not optional)

Also worth noting that this won't work because the first edition bundle in Canada is the wifi for $300, and in the US it is the 3g model for $350.

[quote name='djricekcn']I have Golden Abyss and my opinion is that it's not good as the Naughty Dog versions of Uncharted and there's a more touching things than I would've like but over all, a great purchase, even at 49.99. Out of all the Vita games I have tried for launch, this is def. up there.

Recommended but don't expect quality like Uncharted Naughty Dog. Gameplay wise, it's closer to Drake's Fortune (part 1) with touch (not optional)[/QUOTE]

Touch should still be optional. When I got handson during e3, I didn't find any parts that were touch mandatory. Even the grenade aiming and sniping could be done with manual controls.

most of the games are without touch but about 15 - 25% of the game content isn't optional. Also, grenade wasn't option aiming for me. Sniping, I didn't really touch much so I don't know if there's an option for touch free (basically 1.0 was good enough for most of the time)

I already got platinum on it so nothing more to do for me now.

If this comes around in the US I will definitely cancel my Amazon preorder and go with Best Buy. I've been feeling a little apprehensive about getting the Vita because of the memory card fiasco, but this would definitely put me over the edge.

Anyone know if EB will match this? I have credit there.

EDIT: just walked there on my lunch. EB will not match this offer. Manager is actually a really great guy, and good at his job, so if he could have, he would have. His body language said that I wasn't the first to ask.

~S

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just gonna go ahead and cancel my online pre-order, then go in and do it in-store.

Thanks for saving me $50 Best Buy! And hey, this way I get it on launch day. :D

bread's done
Back