BB Save $20 on Xbox Live 12mo Card

XtraKredit

CAGiversary!
Got this text this morning. They've run them before and has been pretty easy to get to work...

Best Buy XBOX360: Save $20 on Xbox Live 12 Gold Card. In Stores only. Show sku: 3866248 End 10/29/11 See Store for details. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel

If you text XBOX360 to 332211 the text should come to your phone...[/QUOTE]

Yea, you'll need the text but it's pretty simple to get...

[quote name='rey6eric']So you need this text to get the $20 off?

I'll try it, my live ran out on tuesday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='XtraKredit']Yea, you'll need the text but it's pretty simple to get...[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. This couldn't have came at a better time :)

Damn im gonna need to get me one of these sometime in February.

that 1 dollar per month for 6 months glitch really helped.

Sweet, they're running this promo again. I got in on this last time for my first year back in February, the coupon WILL work with the $50 Joust cards if your BB still has them (I found one of them that does back in February), so 12 months for $30 and a free code for Joust. Definitely the best 12 months deal I've seen yet, get on it if you can. I won't renew 'till February for more points from Xbox Rewards, but I'm still probably going to make the trip and pick one of these up.

[quote name='GenPirate']Are these the cards that do 12+1 month or no?[/QUOTE]

Considering they've never run a promo like this while those cards have existed, they probably wouldn't have any safeguards in place against the purchase of those since this a universal code kind of deal, but I'm still going for the Joust card, as I can't justify spending the extra $10 on one month, even if those cards are more avaliable.

Edit: Was thinking of the GameStop 12 + 2 months Gears cards. Didn't know they were GS-exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GenPirate']Are these the cards that do 12+1 month or no?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft stopped making those cards. The only exceptions have been CoD: Black Ops cards that BB had in Oct./Nov. 2010 and Gears 3 branded cards that Gamestop had in Sept. 2011. And those were 12 + 2 cards.

Since MS got rid of the cards in the clamshell packaging, they stopped being 12 + 1 cards.

I managed to snag 2 Madden $50 cards last time with this deal, haven't even redeemed the one I kept for myself (waiting until I get close to expiration to see if a deal pops up), but might be worth checking around for the cheaper cards anyway.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I managed to snag 2 Madden $50 cards last time with this deal, haven't even redeemed the one I kept for myself (waiting until I get close to expiration to see if a deal pops up), but might be worth checking around for the cheaper cards anyway.[/QUOTE]

More or less this. ^

I know the one BB I went to had a ton of them back in February, also found the Tekken 6 Stick Bundle there for $30, must not get a lot of traffic. Going to check that one, and see if I luck out again. For those fellow NY/LIers, I can tell you the spot if you promise not to hoard them/wait 'till I get one myself. : D

Thanks OP, was needing some kind of deal for live since i missed the messenger bundle kit on newegg for 45...this definitely helps tho!

Thanks OP. I've renewed my XBL account the same time every year, for the past three years thanks to these Best Buy 20 off 12 months codes. They seemed to put them out at the same time each year.

Got the text. So all we have to do is show up at BB, whip out our phones and show them the text? seems kind of weird to me. Anybody have any success with this yet?

Thanks OP. My live is expiring in 2 weeks and I need to renew. Last year I snagged a card for 30 so this is pretty decent. Maybe I can find one of those Joust cards.

[quote name='kross036']Thanks OP. I've renewed my XBL account the same time every year, for the past three years thanks to these Best Buy 20 off 12 months codes. They seemed to put them out at the same time each year.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying the same thing. Seems as though it's sometime during the last 3 months of the year they do the $20 off xbox live cards. I usually pick up 2

[quote name='Brotherbadger']Got the text. So all we have to do is show up at BB, whip out our phones and show them the text? seems kind of weird to me. Anybody have any success with this yet?[/QUOTE]

It's legit, no worries. I've done this several times. I think I stocked up on 8 years of live the last time, but that was when the $50 cards were still easily found.

I'm passing on this since I coudln't find any more $50 cards at my BBs.... but if you can, wooohooo indeed.

i have a 1 yr xbl code in my trade thread that can save someone a trip to the store, lol. i'll let it go for 40$ in amazon cred, or paypal (+ fees). pm me if interested.

[quote name='doubledown']Do I have to resend a text...I already signed up for BB Gamer Texts, but never got this.[/QUOTE]

This. All I ever get is useless ads from their texts. Where did all the deals we were promised go?

[quote name='chingychink2005']I remember 2 years ago they ran this when cod mw2 came out, I bought the cod 12 month plus t-shirt bundle. Good times.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='chingychink2005']I remember 2 years ago they ran this when cod mw2 came out, I bought the cod 12 month plus t-shirt bundle. Good times.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kylerg']Me too.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Shameless plug: If you want a 12month for $40, CML...

Are people actually getting a code? I just get the reply the OP has. About the SKU #.

Do I just bring a XBL card to checkout and show them this text message? They know about this whole system?

[quote name='Hoffer']Are people actually getting a code? I just get the reply the OP has. About the SKU #.

Do I just bring a XBL card to checkout and show them this text message? They know about this whole system?[/QUOTE]

yes thats all you need is the txt with something about a SKU #, and they punch it in at check out. got mine for 29.99 with a rz cert.

Everything worked great.

I also had $10 in RZ certs and got mine for $29.99. I didn't realize BB didn't charge tax for something like this.

Awesome. One of my local Best Buys has a few of the Joust cards in stock, so definitely been hoping for this deal to make a return. Thanks for the heads up OP! :D

Worked for me. Now to see if removing one member and adding them back will give me 6 months on family subscription. Have to wait 5 days to add them back once removed.

Just went to BB and the guy at the counter showed me that the offer was for a $20 discount IF you bought a x360 console.

I was like, are you sure? Did you enter the SKU right?

He said yes so I just left.

I'll try another BB later. Tons of Joust and Madden 2010 cards available ($50).

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Awesome. One of my local Best Buys has a few of the Joust cards in stock, so definitely been hoping for this deal to make a return. Thanks for the heads up OP! :D[/QUOTE]

There's hope :)

I'll be dropping by my BBY later today.

Thanks OP. This worked perfectly for me. I received the text about 1 minute after I input the code. Went to my local BB and they had 3 of the Joust cards left. I got one. I checked around at the display and they had about 12 of the old $49.99 12 month cards. They were in back of the current $59.99 cards.

Anyway, went to the register and simply showed the rep my text, he input the sku# from the test and it rang up $20 XBox 360 promo discount. The video game dept. manager was there and said he hadn't saw this before but it was "cool" that I got it. Out the door for $29.99 (no tax).

Thanks for the heads up.

I just left the one in Overland Park, KS (the one near Oak Park Mall) and the cashier was all like WTF is this when I showed her the text. She asked someone else and they came and put in the SKU so she was like "Well, it works so..." and the cashier was like wow um okay then. :p

They only had the regular 12 month cards and of course the Gears 3 ones.

[quote name='MistressMinako']Thanks for the heads up.

I just left the one in Overland Park, KS (the one near Oak Park Mall) and the cashier was all like WTF is this when I showed her the text. She asked someone else and they came and put in the SKU so she was like "Well, it works so..." and the cashier was like wow um okay then. :p

They only had the regular 12 month cards and of course the Gears 3 ones.[/QUOTE]

I've had nothing but issues with the cashiers at that BBY lately.... it's been an experience to say the least.

[quote name='oiskaio']I've had nothing but issues with the cashiers at that BBY lately.... it's been an experience to say the least.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sometimes I have to point out certain sales that are displayed in their store. A sign might be right there next to the item(s), too.

She must have been new working there or something kinda hard to believe that no one showed her a text deal before now.

I don't think I got that text and I've been signed up since the last time they did this. Lately all I get are notices that so and so a game is being released on a particular date. No discounts at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't think I got that text and I've been signed up since the last time they did this. Lately all I get are notices that so and so a game is being released on a particular date. No discounts at all.[/QUOTE]

I've been subscribed to the gamer text for awhile, but didn't get the coupon until I texted xbox 360

bread's done
Back