BB: TV Series on sale

radioactivez0r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Didn't see it mentioned in the ad thread and nothing elsewhere -

BB has got some older complete TV series on serious sale, appears to be through 6/30. While at the store tonight I saw

West Wing Complete Series: $99
Friends Complete Series: $69
Buffy Complete Series: $89

The majority of them seem to be listed here:
TV on sale over $50

Already own Deadwood on Blu myself, but I'm pretty sure I'll get West Wing (always wanted it and only have 1-4 individually) and I'm tempted by Buffy.

Essentially it's those big series collection box sets and they are basically half off their retail price.

Friends is tempting.

I've been watching Band of Brothers / The Pacific blu set for awhile waiting on a drop. If I recall, $100 is MSRP at Target.

I am tempted by the $65 price for Deadwood.

Deadwood was a great show, shame it was cancelled because of production costs. If you don't mind foul language it is definitely worth a pickup. (there was actually a site set up with a counter for how many times certain words were used per episode. http://thewvsr.com/deadwood.htm )

[quote name='ethwang']Is Deadwood worth a blind buy? Love Olyphant in Justified.[/QUOTE]

Hell. Yes.

My wife and I watched Deadwood first and only decided to give Justified a shot due to his performance in deadwood.

Damnit, Sopranos is sold out =(. AMAZING deal on that show. Friends is also an incredible deal, but I already own it. Very tempted to get Smallville, but $150 is pushing it...

[quote name='Darknuke']Damnit, Sopranos is sold out =(. AMAZING deal on that show. Friends is also an incredible deal, but I already own it. Very tempted to get Smallville, but $150 is pushing it...[/QUOTE]

Try to go in BB store. Even if you dont see it on the sales floor, ask someone to look up the sku on rtk inventory system. Then ask to look in the back room.

They found two at my BB store. (i purchase 1)

55 disks for the compete 24 series? that is awesome! thanks for the heads up on the great deals. I love that show.

ojad

[quote name='deadite76']Rome The Complete Series on Blu is $42.99 as well. Any impressions on the show?[/QUOTE]

There were only two seasons, and the individual season sets are also on sale for $19.99 each. So if you don't mind having two sets instead of just one, it's actually a little cheaper to go with them. Or then you could even just give one season a try and pick up the other one later when it's on sale again if you're not sure enough about it to invest in both now.

I haven't seen the series, but from what I saw it looks like it got fairly decent reviews. I almost picked it up, but decided that I was spending enough just with the Deadwood set.

bread's done
Back