BB, Wal-Mart pricematch bias?

thundarr

CAGiversary!
This may be the wrong forum for this, and if so please feel free to move it to the appropriate one. I've been reading several posts about successful and unsuccessful attempts to PM deals at Wal-Mart, Best Buy and the like and was wondering if there were commonalities among those rejected and those accepted. My point of view is coming from the fact that I have PM several games in the last two weeks, along with Live point cards at WM and BB with no questions asked whatsoever. I'm a 38 year-old man who has been gaming since the Atari days, and usually go dressed clean-cut and sometimes professional. Not only have I had no problems, but if I have had to show any proof at all it's just a website pulled up on my iPhone. I've read posts from others stating being outright denied or given some sort of lame compromise in lieu of a true pricematch. My question is: do any of you think that you have been discriminated against because of your age, race or how you are dressed? I'm not out to solve social problems, just to sate my curiosity on a hot topic.

Um, I'm almost positive there is a better forum to post in then Video Game Deals. No worries though, Try Shopping/Bragging Rights maybe. :)

My point is just the opposite of bragging, as I remember being a young high school / college student and how big of a decision each game purchase was. My hope is that we can all help each other's success rates improve as a sale is the only way some people have of affording a game they really want. This, to me, is the CAG way!

I generally don't run into problems price matching. I am a little younger than you (27), but I do notice that if I go after work (button down shirt, sometimes tie, dress slacks) it tends to move more smoothly than in jeans and a t-shirt.

At this point, the people at Best Buy know me, so they run away in fear anyway. ;-)

i think it mainly boils down to what type of manager that particular store has. Best Buy's policy for pricematching is pretty clear that they are not supposed to pricematch things such as the TRU B2G1 sale, but the managers have the power to override the system and essentially do what they want.

Having to full sleeves of tattoo's I totally know about this. Im 32 years old & I notice I get treated way different when my tattoos are showing than when I'm in my work clothes(slacks & tie). The sad truth is there will always be those people discriminating for one reason or another.

bread's done
Back